Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 127. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum
November 19, 2014, 02:32:53 AM
I don't agree, but they are taking it anyway Sad
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
November 18, 2014, 10:15:50 PM
Taxing to pay for public services is a negative sum game.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 18, 2014, 09:34:21 PM
I wonder how someone would get a job doing this? Is there some sort of paid troll agency? It would be interesting to see what sort of businesses or people they actually trolled and if they did any actual damage. Could be some lawsuits in this if your business or reputation has been tarnished or even ruined.

File your W-4 with your employer, non-assupsit on the first line, and n-a on the rest of the lines. Then write "exempt" and/or "excepted" on the bottom (proper) line. If you file a tax form, do the same on all the lines of the form.

When the IRS penalizes you for frivolous filings, and instructs your employer to withhold an amount for the penalty, instruct your employer to stop stealing your money. If he won't, sue the human being who is authorizing the withholding from your check, both the IRS human being, and the employer's CFO.

Don't sue the positions or offices. Sue the human beings. Don't sue for outrageous amounts. Sue for several times what has been withheld, plus court costs. Give them reasonable notice so that they have time to restore your property.

See how to do it here http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5duR4OvEHHxOSdEZhANETw and here http://www.youtube.com/user/765736/videos?view=0&live_view=500&flow=grid&sort=da and here http://www.myprivateaudio.com/Karl-Lentz.html .

Smiley
Wrong question. Question should be, "What can some governments do that others cannot do?" Why? Because everyone is a government for and to himself/herself.

Consider. If you were marooned alone on a deserted island, and the island had plenty of food and fresh water, who would be your government? Wouldn't it be you? It would be your governing of yourself that would cause you to go out and find the food and water. It would be your governing of yourself that tested ways to build shelter, and then use the methods that worked.

All government is a state of mind. When the government is complex - several people working with the same government - usually the government consists of writing down the rules of government. This is because people forget. People change their minds. Written government maintains a reasonable stable state of mind among the people of the government.

In the United Kingdom, government is based first in the common law of the people. It goes all the way back to the Magna Carta, and certain maxims of law. These have stood strong for hundreds of years, and are strong today for use by the people. The only reason formal government people can get away with harming regular, common people is, the common people have forgotten the common law and Queen's Bench... which are there, but are simply seldom used.

Canada, other countries that have received their independence from Brittain, and the British protectorates, contain this common law. Some of these have restated the common law of the people in their constitutions in such ways that they still use Queen's Bench, but where there is a direct reaffirmation of the basic common laws - Magna Carta essence, and maxims.

In the United States, Queen's Bench was completely dropped. The common law of the people is assumed and presumed in the way that the government was set up. Every person who was born within the borders of the Untied States of America or one of its territories, has the right to use the common law of the people. However, few people use it as such.

In order to take away the power of the people, the U.S. government has adopted what they call common law into their statute law. Don't be deceived. This is not the common law of the people. Rather, it is simply case law, designed to be used with 14th Amendment citizens, which thing the People are not. Even the juries of the land are not common law of the people juries. Why not? They are made up (except under rare occasions) of 14th Amendment citizens.

In America, you are allowed a jury of your peers when you are accused. If you are not a citizen, but rather one of the people domiciled on the land, try finding a jury that is not made up of people who say that they are citizens. These days it is virtually impossible. Since you are guaranteed a jury of your peers, case dismissed because they can't find anyone who will admit to not being a citizen, yet is domiciled here (in the States) at the same time.

http://1215.org/

http://www.broadmind.org/

http://www.unkommonlaw.co.uk/

http://www.myprivateaudio.com/Karl-Lentz.html

Smiley
Activity: 448
November 18, 2014, 04:34:56 PM
A lot of people here find taxes tyrannical. But who will commit to not using the services they pay for? That would strengthen the case for not paying. I can respect that. If you are using all the benefits of taxation but not paying, then you are just sticking your bills to another person who will have to make up for you. I can't respect that. 

I don't mind paying my share, but I want the government to go after dead beats if it means I will have to pay for them. 

The problem isn't all services and all taxes.  The problem is the cruise missiles that cost $1 million each, and all the other military hardware that only makes us less safe.  Our enemy has become a body of ideas, and by waging a war of force, we are creating more orphans, who are the most vulnerable to radicalization.
I'm with you on that bro! For me there is a difference between the idea of taxation and how it is spent.

now imagine if there was no taxation and you could control 100% what you are funding when you give the government money.
and if they abuse your money you don't give it to them anymore.
what a world that would be, where the government is held 100% accountable to the people who finance it.
This would not work. We would encounter a tragedy of the commons and no one would pay any taxes but everyone would expect to receive the services that the government provides

no one expects to get free shoes or cars or houses why would people expect to get a free service?
people today buy a bunch of insurance policies they don't even need and you want to tell me they won't spend anything on things like national defense?
if anything they'll spend more than they can afford to.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
November 18, 2014, 02:33:41 PM
The same reason they think fluoride is good for their teeth, the government "would never hurt them" ...

~Your Beneficent Reptilian Overlords.
Yes. They will tell you it is essential for proper growth of bone and teeth. What a load of government crap. There are no bones in our bodies.  Roll Eyes pfft.

Now as for paying taxes for the services we want. I would like 100% of my taxes to go to abortion clinics.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
November 18, 2014, 09:27:59 AM
The same reason they think fluoride is good for their teeth, the government "would never hurt them" ...

~Your Beneficent Reptilian Overlords.
Activity: 534
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
November 18, 2014, 08:43:40 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

The same reason they think fluoride is good for their teeth, the government "would never hurt them", the FBI is a legal organization, the politicians are there to support the people.....which are all false btw (just incase!)

People need to start thinking about what they are doing a bit more. Unfortunately it is less common to see this these days due to the mass power the media/education system has.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
November 18, 2014, 04:39:09 AM
I bet the people belly aching about taxes are the people that barely pay any taxes. 
I bet you are 13 years old.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
November 18, 2014, 04:27:56 AM
There are plenty of sane & wealthy people willing to assemble. PM me for more info. I am organizing something big Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
November 18, 2014, 03:10:21 AM
A lot of people here find taxes tyrannical. But who will commit to not using the services they pay for? That would strengthen the case for not paying. I can respect that. If you are using all the benefits of taxation but not paying, then you are just sticking your bills to another person who will have to make up for you. I can't respect that. 

I don't mind paying my share, but I want the government to go after dead beats if it means I will have to pay for them. 

The problem isn't all services and all taxes.  The problem is the cruise missiles that cost $1 million each, and all the other military hardware that only makes us less safe.  Our enemy has become a body of ideas, and by waging a war of force, we are creating more orphans, who are the most vulnerable to radicalization.
I'm with you on that bro! For me there is a difference between the idea of taxation and how it is spent.

now imagine if there was no taxation and you could control 100% what you are funding when you give the government money.
what a world that would be, where the government is held 100% accountable to the people who finance it.
This would not work. We would encounter a tragedy of the commons and no one would pay any taxes but everyone would expect to receive the services that the government provides

Its also a terrible idea because it'll be almost impossible to execute.  Besides you vote for your representative candidate.  If your guy loses too bad.  That's the system
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
November 18, 2014, 12:35:54 AM

Activity: 448
November 17, 2014, 06:40:11 PM

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
November 17, 2014, 05:42:46 PM
Only select millionaires and above, who are evil sociopaths, have ultimate control over how taxes are spent, so you write carte blanche for evil by paying them.
legendary
November 17, 2014, 05:27:11 PM

Activity: 123
Merit: 10
November 17, 2014, 04:56:58 PM
Can't complain since i get free healthcare in my country. So lucky to be born in Sweden.... Would'nt be able to afford doctor visits for my hearth disease.

I dont have any problems paying taxes.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
November 17, 2014, 04:01:10 PM

legendary
November 17, 2014, 12:32:05 PM

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
November 17, 2014, 12:01:21 PM

If the argument is that the driver must carry insurance because they might cause damage through accident or neglect, why does that not extend to making the driver also carry insurance to cover damage they might do through crime?  By what principle do you draw the line?

Car insurance covers accidents not criminal intent.  No insurance company will insure someone that might "accidentally" commit a crime
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
November 17, 2014, 09:20:56 AM
If the argument is that the driver must carry insurance because they might cause damage through accident or neglect, why does that not extend to making the driver also carry insurance to cover damage they might do through crime?  By what principle do you draw the line?
Because operating a motor vehicle is a privilege, and not a right. By agreeing to use public roads, operators can be compelled to play by rules that are mutually beneficial. In my mind, the shared cost of insurance mitigates the potential for catastrophic loss for any single person/family by essentially guaranteeing that equitable relief can be made.

Logic always catches the unwary.  If the potential to cause "catastrophic loss" is a reason to force a person to carry insurance, surely that should apply to all potential catastrophic loss, right?  The loser feels the loss all the same, without regard to how or why the losee did it.  Why must the losee make advance preparations to help the loser recover from one loss, but not the other?
The potential to cause catastrophic loss is not, by itself, reason to force a person to carry insurance. This is another example of an argumentative fallacy. Instead of making a distinct argument you're posting strawmen arguments, or false dilemmas. Because you don't have a robust counterargument, just a lot of attacks.

May I suggest that your guiding principle may perhaps be that one is already common, so you support it, while the other shows the absurd conclusion to your arguments, so you deny it?  I've seen this movie before.  We all know how it ends.
May I suggest, as a counter, that your guiding principle is simply to be contrary to the status quo? I've seen a lot of movies, I can't remember how most of them end to be honest. Good tangent, though.

So what is your principle then?  What I'm reading above really looks like it comes down to "many places already have auto liability insurance laws".  Unless those laws were handed down by god, you really can't use their existence as justification for their existence.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
November 17, 2014, 03:17:39 AM
I have a spade in my garage.  Calling it a spade doesn't mean that I hate it.  Based on your response, it looks like I got your name right too...
A name is an implicit reference to an internal ideal (in the Platonic sense).  That reference may be a "false form" in a philosophy class, but in the real world, most people would consider naming to be a useful tool.
Sure, but a spade does not connote anything beyond basic form. Using loaded terms like "statist" does. In the real world, people use loaded terms because they rely on them as proxy ad hominem attacks.

From the victim's point of view, it doesn't matter a whole lot if I drive off the road and through his house during an accident, or if I intentionally burn it down during a criminal act of arson. 
Sure, possibly. From a financial point of view, the cost of the destroyed goods would be the same. But a civil case could involve punitive measures stemming from malice, negligence, etc. I'm not sure what you're trying to get across with this one?

There is a reason that you don't get the point.
Probably because it's poorly constructed, or poorly explain. Can you clarify?

Why do you favor mandatory car insurance*, but not "I'm a criminal" insurance?  Or do you?  In both cases there is "inflict incredibly costly damage" and "unable to make equitable relief".
Because operating a motor vehicle is a privilege, and not a right. By agreeing to use public roads, operators can be compelled to play by rules that are mutually beneficial. In my mind, the shared cost of insurance mitigates the potential for catastrophic loss for any single person/family by essentially guaranteeing that equitable relief can be made. If Freedom Joe is driving drunk and has no insurance because he's gallderned free and the MAN can't hold him down and force him to get insurance because that ain't freedom, and he wipes out a family home but has nothing in the bank, that family is out of luck. With a system of insurance, and a tort component, that family has the ability to seek relief.
Why does the family home not have insurance?  Surely the owner understands that they face non-zero risks from many sources, not just your cliched redneck...
Have insurance for what? Property loss? That's certainly possible, and makes sense.

Because operating a motor vehicle is a privilege, and not a right. By agreeing to use public roads, operators can be compelled to play by rules that are mutually beneficial. In my mind, the shared cost of insurance mitigates the potential for catastrophic loss for any single person/family by essentially guaranteeing that equitable relief can be made.

Logic always catches the unwary.  If the potential to cause "catastrophic loss" is a reason to force a person to carry insurance, surely that should apply to all potential catastrophic loss, right?  The loser feels the loss all the same, without regard to how or why the losee did it.  Why must the losee make advance preparations to help the loser recover from one loss, but not the other?
The potential to cause catastrophic loss is not, by itself, reason to force a person to carry insurance. This is another example of an argumentative fallacy. Instead of making a distinct argument you're posting strawmen arguments, or false dilemmas. Because you don't have a robust counterargument, just a lot of attacks.

May I suggest that your guiding principle may perhaps be that one is already common, so you support it, while the other shows the absurd conclusion to your arguments, so you deny it?  I've seen this movie before.  We all know how it ends.
May I suggest, as a counter, that your guiding principle is simply to be contrary to the status quo? I've seen a lot of movies, I can't remember how most of them end to be honest. Good tangent, though.

Why can't the owner of the valuable thing purchase insurance to protect their assets instead?
So, you favor anti-criminal insurance? How does that work? That's shifting the burden out of pure idealism, which is both confusing and stupid.
I have insurance that protects me against criminal actions done against my self and my property.  Surely you do too, if you aren't homeless.  If you find that concept confusing, perhaps you can use a nearby shiny surface to locate the source of the stupid.
I am so happy for you; I still have no idea why you feel shifting compulsory insurance from one party to the other in your binary situation is an argument against compulsory insurance. You're just shifting the cost, with a similar end product. And lots of ad hominem attacks to make you feel better about yourself.
Jump to: