Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 129. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 15, 2014, 08:29:26 AM
In my opinion people agree to pay taxes for 2 main reasons:
- People are afraid to consequences ( penalties, jail, etc. )
- People think states provide useful services with tax money ( and they strongly believe it... )
if people believed the states provide useful services there would be no need to threaten them with violence if they refused to pay.
the obvious fact is that almost no one would buy the government's services at the current price.

No, they would freeload on the backs of those who did pay.
Many, if not most, government services cannot be isolated to single individuals, they benefit many people.
Activity: 294
November 15, 2014, 08:13:31 AM
I think when people agree to pay taxes, it means they will accept their government and accept everything .

some are just forced to pay their taxes coz you know not paying your taxes could lead you to a trip to jail.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
November 15, 2014, 03:29:03 AM
I think when people agree to pay taxes, it means they will accept their government and accept everything .
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
November 15, 2014, 02:29:06 AM
I pay my taxes and I'm certainly not afraid of my government. I don't always like how they spend it, but the basic idea of taxes is an idea is so successful that it is used in almost every part of the world.

For me the biggest problem is that we all pay wildly different taxes. Furthermore, the wealthiest people often pay the lowest rates. And corporations have gamed the system to a point of corruption.  They get tax breaks for sending jobs out of the country and are rewarded by paying almost nothing (or nothing). Of course the bills still come in and that leaves you and me to pay for their breaks.

if you could freely choose how much you would like to pay to the government for the services it currently provides to you, would you pay the same amount as you are forced paying today?

Nice try but presenting false dilemma is a poor debate tactic

Activity: 448
November 14, 2014, 06:44:44 PM
I pay my taxes and I'm certainly not afraid of my government. I don't always like how they spend it, but the basic idea of taxes is an idea is so successful that it is used in almost every part of the world.

For me the biggest problem is that we all pay wildly different taxes. Furthermore, the wealthiest people often pay the lowest rates. And corporations have gamed the system to a point of corruption.  They get tax breaks for sending jobs out of the country and are rewarded by paying almost nothing (or nothing). Of course the bills still come in and that leaves you and me to pay for their breaks.

if you could freely choose how much you would like to pay to the government for the services it currently provides to you, would you pay the same amount as you are forced paying today?
November 14, 2014, 06:41:56 PM
if people believed the states provide useful services there would be no need to threaten them with violence if they refused to pay.
the obvious fact is that almost no one would buy the government's services at the current price.
Except that the majority of folks do "buy" the government's services at the current price. Hence why you are an outlier on an obscure internet site for a digital currency a small percentage of the world even knows exists, and not out speaking to masses of folks who agree with you.

when i say buy i mean voluntary exchange of services for money.
paying the government at the point of a gun is not buying.
you don't know who i am, i don't see how you can make any claims regarding who i speak to.
attacking me personally won't justify your belief that having a group of people called the government force you to buy something at the point of a gun is anything but plain robbery.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
November 14, 2014, 05:56:13 PM

For me the biggest problem is that we all pay wildly different taxes. Furthermore, the wealthiest people often pay the lowest rates. And corporations have gamed the system to a point of corruption.  They get tax breaks for sending jobs out of the country and are rewarded by paying almost nothing (or nothing). Of course the bills still come in and that leaves you and me to pay for their breaks.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
November 14, 2014, 05:26:50 PM
Except that the majority of folks do "buy" the government's services at the current price. Hence why you are an outlier on an obscure internet site for a digital currency a small percentage of the world even knows exists, and not out speaking to masses of folks who agree with you.
November 14, 2014, 05:04:10 PM

- People think states provide useful services with tax money ( and they strongly believe it... )

Activity: 658
November 14, 2014, 03:20:35 PM

Activity: 675
November 13, 2014, 12:45:30 PM
for funds from the tax payments on target I think everyone would be happy to pay the tax, such tax funds were used to build schools, roads, bridges, hospitals, transport and others, which often occurs in practice, the tax funds are often misused for personal benefit, tax funds from large corporations often reduced to personal interests as well
as long as there is no improvement of the system of tax funds received and used then the public will be reluctant to pay taxes, the extent of transparency of tax funds used will determine how much tax revenue the state ...  Cool

I'm lovin public ledger for public spending...

I don't think a public ledger for spending will be sufficient to curb corruption.
The quality of work done in public projects would have to be monitored. Tracking the money spent alone will not be sufficient.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
November 12, 2014, 12:52:14 AM
for funds from the tax payments on target I think everyone would be happy to pay the tax, such tax funds were used to build schools, roads, bridges, hospitals, transport and others, which often occurs in practice, the tax funds are often misused for personal benefit, tax funds from large corporations often reduced to personal interests as well
as long as there is no improvement of the system of tax funds received and used then the public will be reluctant to pay taxes, the extent of transparency of tax funds used will determine how much tax revenue the state ...  Cool

While you generally cannot find out who much was paid for by the government of individual items, you are able to find out how much specific projects cost as this is part of law/budget. You are also able to find out how much other things cost (that are more narrow then the budget level) via FOIA requests.
Activity: 182
Merit: 123
"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"
November 11, 2014, 07:15:00 PM

Activity: 158
November 11, 2014, 06:22:36 PM
Activity: 182
Merit: 123
"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"
November 10, 2014, 04:31:10 PM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

Government has the gun and professional arm force to enforce the rules. Hard for civilian population to resist.
We can't do nothing unless it's a global plan, otherwise dollar supremacy is strong no matter what.

I read global then plan... my answer is a 4 letters word + you... I mean it. Why? because if your wonderful plan fail it will be at a global scale. answer it s a no. sorry.
Activity: 168
November 10, 2014, 01:29:52 PM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

Government has the gun and professional arm force to enforce the rules. Hard for civilian population to resist.
We can't do nothing unless it's a global plan, otherwise dollar supremacy is strong no matter what.
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
November 10, 2014, 09:17:22 AM

Activity: 476
November 10, 2014, 09:15:29 AM
2) Any entity listed in the business registry is a business;

So D&B are infallible? Are they the Pope?
If they listed God, would you then state that God must be a business?

Activity: 434
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 10, 2014, 01:32:54 AM
I don't agree to pay taxes lol I am forced to. I try and do anything I can to pay less taxes as I assume every other american does.
Activity: 546
November 10, 2014, 12:30:05 AM
The government of The United States of America is a government by name and definition, not a business.
Well, I for one do not think that D&B are liars; the gov on the other hand is full of liars.

And the current system of government is not operating under authority of the original Constitution.

I am not in receipt of any proof that gov agencies are nonprofit entities. All complaints or indictments today cite "laws" which bear no enacting clause, that is to say, they lack the seal of constitutional authority.

Many recognize that the legal system today does not follow constitutional law or the common law, as it once did, but is now operating under some other law.

Read more about Our Nonconstitutional Legal System; by its own actions, that "government" that you allege to be constitutional and lawful has no more authority over me than any other private company! If you are in a rush, you can read just the last page or two of that link.

I'm gonna have to invoke Poe's Law here.  Can't tell if this guy is serious or trolling

No need to attack me personally when I have linked you to the book "Authority of Law", containing the chapter Our Nonconstitutional Legal System. I am not really saying anything not mentioned in that book!

If you did not read it, it is your loss. You could have gotten a good understanding about "Authority of Law" and the present-day legal system after reading just the last two pages.  Shocked

But instead of seeking the understanding, you ignore what I say? OK, it is your loss for failing to educate yourself.
Jump to: