Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 131. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
November 09, 2014, 08:52:58 AM
^Of course governments are corrupt.  The reason governments are a thing is because the alternatives simply don't work Undecided

A person living in 18th Century France could use the same logic: The reason monarchies are a thing is because the alternatives simply don't work.

What's your point?

If the entire habitable surface of your planet is controlled by governments and has been for millennia, those jackbooted thugs must be doing something right Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
November 09, 2014, 08:39:19 AM
^Of course governments are corrupt.  The reason governments are a thing is because the alternatives simply don't work Undecided

A person living in 18th Century France could use the same logic: The reason monarchies are a thing is because the alternatives simply don't work.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
November 09, 2014, 08:02:01 AM
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
November 09, 2014, 07:40:11 AM
To say that corporations bribe the government is really crazy. The government has sufficient regulatory power as a whole to not need to be bribed as they can simply tax and regulate any corporation to give it money that it needs

You blind yourself by considering the government only as a whole.  When considered as a large group of individuals with special relationships, the possibility of corruption becomes clear.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
November 09, 2014, 06:24:12 AM
On the plus side - I got my tax refund already from the government. For the first time, they also gave me an itemised list to the dollar of exactly where my income tax was spent. It was illuminating.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
November 09, 2014, 05:30:18 AM
Another ignore list entry for feigning ignorance and defending the indefensible.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
November 09, 2014, 05:04:12 AM
Not without bribery (and bribery by every other name).

<3 defending the indefensible.
Yeah, you just made this up out of thin air and decided it's "true".

LOL, denying the existence of corporate-government bribery. Enjoy your spot on my ignore list.
To say that corporations bribe the government is really crazy. The government has sufficient regulatory power as a whole to not need to be bribed as they can simply tax and regulate any corporation to give it money that it needs
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 09, 2014, 03:48:52 AM
D&B is just a database that issues a unique number.  The govt probably has a number so it can do business w private sector.  Doesnt mean the govt is is private company.

By definitnition it is government.  How is this not understandable?

So if D&B tells you that gov is a private company, that is not good enough for you??

I am not in receipt of any proof that gov agencies are nonprofit entities. All complaints or indictments today cite "laws" which bear no enacting clause, that is to say, they lack the seal of constitutional authority.

Many recognize that the legal system today does not follow constitutional law or the common law, as it once did, but is now operating under some other law.

Read more about Our Nonconstitutional Legal System; by its own actions, that "government" that you allege to be constitutional and lawful has no more authority over me than any other private company! If you are in a rush, you can read just the last page or two of that link.
Activity: 784
November 09, 2014, 03:06:39 AM
LOL, being so fixed in your beliefs that you can't consider other possibilities. Amazing.

Why consider the possibility that the government is benevolent? Who stands to benefit from that belief?

People who deny the mere possibility that government is being bribed by corporate interests, systemic quid pro quo.

True, but you must remember that the government itself is a private corporate interest, a private company.

Per Dun & Bradstreet: http://www.allcreatorsgifts.org/main0025.html

D&B is just a database that issues a unique number.  The govt probably has a number so it can do business w private sector.  Doesnt mean the govt is is private company.

By definitnition it is government.  How is this not understandable?
November 09, 2014, 02:05:31 AM
LOL, being so fixed in your beliefs that you can't consider other possibilities. Amazing.

Why consider the possibility that the government is benevolent? Who stands to benefit from that belief?

People who deny the mere possibility that government is being bribed by corporate interests, systemic quid pro quo.

True, but you must remember that the government itself is a private corporate interest, a private company.

Per Dun & Bradstreet: http://www.allcreatorsgifts.org/main0025.html
legendary
RIP Mommy
November 09, 2014, 02:04:16 AM

People who can't consider the mere possibility that government is bribed by corporations, a systemic quid pro quo.
November 09, 2014, 02:03:31 AM
Wait are you claiming US Govt is a for profit company?  Clearly delusional.  Go back to school

I am not claiming that. It is being claimed by Dun & Bradstreet; the company’s database contains information on more than 235 million companies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dun_%26_Bradstreet

Go back and read the link I posted... and remember to do your own thinking this time.  Roll Eyes
November 09, 2014, 01:50:53 AM

Thats a strawman.  Nobody thinks govt is benevolent.  We "statists" think govt play a role in society.  They should be criticised if they fail in their role.  Its just idiotic to think there should be no govt or private sectors can replace specific governmental roles

OOPS! “Government of the United States” listed on Dun & Bradstreet as a Private Corporation.

Yeah, it is totally idiotic that this government is a for-profit entity, I agree with that!!

Wait are you claiming US Govt is a for profit company?  Clearly delusional.  Go back to school
November 09, 2014, 01:34:08 AM

Thats a strawman.  Nobody thinks govt is benevolent.  We "statists" think govt play a role in society.  They should be criticised if they fail in their role.  Its just idiotic to think there should be no govt or private sectors can replace specific governmental roles

OOPS! “Government of the United States” listed on Dun & Bradstreet as a Private Corporation.

Yeah, it is totally idiotic that this government is a for-profit entity, I agree with that!!
November 09, 2014, 01:28:40 AM

Specifically speaking, why have an adminstrator of public services that have profit motive?  Like youv'e never been fucked over by a corporation
November 09, 2014, 01:22:58 AM

Activity: 393
Merit: 250
November 09, 2014, 12:51:46 AM
They don't agree. It's not as if you have a choice. It's forced upon the people with threats of prison or worse.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
November 09, 2014, 12:12:35 AM

LOL, denying the existence of corporate-government bribery. Enjoy your spot on my ignore list.
legendary
RIP Mommy
November 08, 2014, 07:13:35 PM

Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
November 08, 2014, 06:44:03 PM

Jump to: