Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is bounty not an investment? - page 19. (Read 3108 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
June 30, 2018, 06:26:24 PM
I agree with you on this. The only difference is in bounty you are not parting with your money. Energy,intellect,data,time e.t.c put into bounty is one way or the another an investment too.
Activity: 445
Merit: 100
June 30, 2018, 06:14:56 PM
I have seen a lot of threads here asking about whether people will invest in a coin or do bounty. Its high time we all understood that, investment is not only about money. To me, any effort put into something to make it a reality can be regarded as investment. People who buy coins invest with their monies whiles those who participate in bounties also invest with their time and energy. Money is a replaceable resource but time can never replaced. To me, bounty hunters are also investors. What do you think?

Basically, bounties are for bounty hunters or participants while ICOs are for investors. Bounties include campaigns withim, and participating on those campaigns does not require payment for registration. Participants just have to choose a campaign and follow the instructions on how would they be capable of the rewards at the end of the bounty itself.
legendary
Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001
June 30, 2018, 06:08:02 PM
Bounties are investment. First of all, you actually work for those bounties. For example, you are a coder that earns $20/hour and you spent 4 hours a week for bounties. That's $80 a week or $320 a month. If you sell the bounty for above $320, let's say $1,000, you actually profited $680 which minus your actual work.

Opportunity cost are the key words.

I see your point and I understand it. I agree with you, but the bounty is not investment in a way that you are pulling out the rewards received for work, not as dividend from the funds invested.
Activity: 159
Merit: 2
June 30, 2018, 06:03:35 PM
I have seen a lot of threads here asking about whether people will invest in a coin or do bounty. Its high time we all understood that, investment is not only about money. To me, any effort put into something to make it a reality can be regarded as investment. People who buy coins invest with their monies whiles those who participate in bounties also invest with their time and energy. Money is a replaceable resource but time can never replaced. To me, bounty hunters are also investors. What do you think?
You are right i agree to your point. Participation in bounty is also another form of investment in the sense that bounty hunters also have a share in project especially when you have a large share of the cryptocurrency from the bounty campaign.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
June 30, 2018, 05:18:15 PM
Because the present rewards program is very promising and more reliable results to be able to make money on a large scale. With the smallest possible capital, we can make as much money as possible. Because of the great community that exists within the gifts, the presence of various ICO programs are continually emerging, so the community has a wider choice and the community also has a great chance to get clear results from the bounty that followed.`
Activity: 722
Merit: 258
June 30, 2018, 05:17:51 PM
Investing in yourself is cool.This is the best investment that can be.If the investment is not justified then there will be no one to blame.The participants of the bounty wasting time and energy in getting the tokens they can sell to and start investing in yourself.so it's kind of an ecosystem.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
June 30, 2018, 05:16:52 PM
Participating in a bounty is just one way of investing, it's simply an investment of time and no money involved. Many members of crypto do bounty as the safest way to get a coin than invest it with paper money.  But since you receive bounty when supporting a project, it's not an investment. Investments are contributions that help the project develop, and these contributions are money. I think that in a some way it is involving with investing and somehow it does not either. Both way is true but it does not matter if it is investment or not. You are spending time and working but noone calls this a real job so is this making this bounty hunt thing not a job cause others not see that way? I think not.
Activity: 75
June 30, 2018, 05:16:34 PM
Interesting idea. we are investing our time with an unobvious and difficultly predictable result. Of course, we choose the project where to participate, but often the market dictates its terms. Hoping to earn some money, we sometimes waste our time.
Activity: 183
June 30, 2018, 05:15:50 PM
I think investors need to invest money in order for something to be invested. bounty attendees do not have such a situation. Participants only spend time and try to maintain campaign conditions.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
ADAB ICO
June 30, 2018, 05:14:42 PM

In my own opinion, bounty is an investment and a job as well because there are a lot of people today in the corporate world who are switching to cryptocurrency and earning a good amount of income to sustain their daily needs.
Activity: 196
June 30, 2018, 05:12:29 PM
Generosity is not an investment because there money is distributed without any investment, purely for your work, and investment is when you invest money for the sake of interest that's the difference
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
June 30, 2018, 05:12:07 PM
Bounties are investment. First of all, you actually work for those bounties. For example, you are a coder that earns $20/hour and you spent 4 hours a week for bounties. That's $80 a week or $320 a month. If you sell the bounty for above $320, let's say $1,000, you actually profited $680 which minus your actual work.

Opportunity cost are the key words.
Activity: 224
Merit: 52
June 30, 2018, 05:11:14 PM
You  can still consider it as an investment but not with your money, instead with your time and effort. Maybe some are not aware that they are lready investing by providing their services, and that is their hardwork.  All bounty hunters are the manpower of any ICO project. They work as their marketing team.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 30, 2018, 05:10:16 PM

In the price category, no one will overtake bitcoin, but some coins can fix better than you"
Activity: 29
June 30, 2018, 05:09:26 PM
I think we should consider bounty as a work is better because investments are things that we bought with our money.
But with bounty the only things you will give away is your time and efforts. So i don't think considering bounty as an investment is the right way.
Activity: 679
Merit: 102
June 30, 2018, 05:09:01 PM
Most definitely it is a very big investment of time and resources on the part of bounty participants. But at the same time it is also easy to understand why companies don't consider them to be investors. In the end of the day they can't really tell how influential the bounty campaign has proven to be, while they can easily quantify how much money has a particular investor put in. Obviously bounty hunters are valued too, otherwise there wouldn't be so many great bounty campaigns for so many serious projects, but developers cannot feed their families and work hard just on outstanding articles and community outreach. Money talks, as they say

I think bounty can be an investment too, We invest a lot in ICO, while bounty is the one side of the story where in you can also earn rewards by doing some simple task, you are investing a lot of effort and tome on bounty hoping that it will be succeed it is nice to think it this way to maximize your income by joining some campaigns that reached its hard cap.
Activity: 308
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
June 30, 2018, 04:54:14 PM
Because we get them from the performance requirements of the manager. We just take the time and effort to receive them. So do not call the bonus as an investment.
Activity: 420
June 30, 2018, 04:52:06 PM
I agree, all that is happening around us is also investing, the main thing is just to understand what you are spending your time!
Activity: 1512
Merit: 115
June 30, 2018, 04:40:35 PM
I work for a company and I spend a lot of time there but it is not said to be an investment, so I think for bounty hunter who supports a project it's not an investment but it works, which it says investment is spending money which will give us an advantage (if successful )
Activity: 252
June 30, 2018, 04:38:57 PM
Obviously, that in the bounty, you do not invest money in the project, you work for it without spending money.
Pages:
Jump to: