Pages:
Author

Topic: Why privacy matters - page 2. (Read 3731 times)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1
August 25, 2021, 08:41:54 AM
@OP so that project you've posted relates to why privacy matters? because they'll be having anonymous transactions? AFAIK, monero is the most efficient in terms of anonymity in transactions.

And most of the newer projects today doesn't really focus on it and wait, is that a stable coin? a stable coin that focuses in private transactions? first time to hear that but will they really deliver that?

They already did it. I've mentioned the link in my previous post https://utopiap2p.medium.com/utopia-p2p-introduces-anonymous-usd-stablecoin-backed-by-dai-f9fc213901db What is so surprising for you? I think that someone should create a private stablecoin.
Activity: 1451
Merit: 973
August 24, 2021, 06:25:22 AM
Plebs within the new technocratic order who depend on it for work,food etc will have NO privacy in the future. A well regulated privacy will only be afforded to the ruling class.
Activity: 588
Merit: 5
August 24, 2021, 05:49:54 AM
And what is surprising about this? The project itself is a decentralized ecosystem. The release of a stablecoin is only a confirmation of reliability and greater stability. However, this does not affect privacy in any way.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 20, 2021, 07:59:08 PM
@OP so that project you've posted relates to why privacy matters? because they'll be having anonymous transactions? AFAIK, monero is the most efficient in terms of anonymity in transactions.

And most of the newer projects today doesn't really focus on it and wait, is that a stable coin? a stable coin that focuses in private transactions? first time to hear that but will they really deliver that?
August 20, 2021, 04:17:38 AM
I'm very interested in the latest news from Utopia p2p as they launched UUSD stablecoin. As I know, there are no other coins that made something like that. I think, it will give the project second birth. I can't imagine more private transactions.
August 16, 2021, 07:41:55 AM
I recommend paying attention to the  Utopia p2p project. It really guarantees data security. In addition, for the entire time of its existence, there has not been any problem or data leakage.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
August 11, 2021, 05:25:32 PM
Dear bitcointalkers, does privacy matters for you? When I started to trade btc I was sure it will always remain anonymous, but nowadays more and more exchangers ask for some identification documents for some reason. I decided to check what happens with other spheres and found that article https://hackernoon.com/why-privacy-matters-and-how-to-stop-online-harassment-q174930dm

It's really important for me to be safe online due to the several reasons. As I make payments and run the business. I don't want anyone know all the information about me.

So let's share which apps do you use for browsing, messaging, emailing, etc. Maybe you can also offer good VPN (I don't really believe them, but anyway)

Let's help each other to save our personal information.

If you choose the right campaigns, it won't be a problem. I do not look very favorably on verified campaigns. Doesn't seem reliable to me.
August 11, 2021, 04:58:51 AM
Everything that was made in Silicon Valley is an infringement on people's privacy. Unless there is a major change to the way social media companies monetize their services, there will be no improvement on this issue.
Now monetization is done through ads and data collection, which I believe should be illegal. I would much rather pay a small fee per activity(post, like, etc.) to every service that I use than have everything collected into a database then sold to the highest bidder.
I think privacy matters because every man has fears and thoughts that if known, could put him at a disadvantage.

And what do you think about alt-tech projects like Utopia p2p? If it's blockchain based and provides its users full anonymity and freedom of speech? It's absolutely free as the main idea of developers' team was to provide online freedom. Now some alternatives appear, but they're too small and are limited in functions. And this project exists from 2018 and had no privacy scandals ever.
August 08, 2021, 08:51:47 AM
And what do you guys think about Alt-tech applications and websites? I think they were created exactly to give users a freedom of speech and certain anonymity online. It's bad that they gain popularity through the QAnon movement, but at least more people get acquainted with them. Utopia p2p on the whole can also be called an alt-tech app as its main aim is to give people online anonymity and freedom.
Hmm, well, the  idea of this project is a free Internet and freedom of speech. Have you read the interviews with the developers? They talked about what inspired them, choosing the name of the project and developing it.
Activity: 40
Merit: 24
August 07, 2021, 03:38:10 PM
I understand of your concern of the importance of privacy on internet, I believe most of bitcointalk users are on the same boat when it come to keeping privacy and stay anonym.

On the other hand, sometimes anonymity comes with a cost, I'm talking about people in general, we can be anyone and anything, even doing bad  stuffs.
Activity: 50
August 05, 2021, 04:57:00 AM
Privacy is the most basic security issue between people. It is related to the issue of respect for both parties, and reputation is a life-long issue. The protection of privacy is to protect a person and is also derived from a sense of security.
Activity: 35
Merit: 2
August 04, 2021, 12:15:42 PM
Everything that was made in Silicon Valley is an infringement on people's privacy. Unless there is a major change to the way social media companies monetize their services, there will be no improvement on this issue.
Now monetization is done through ads and data collection, which I believe should be illegal. I would much rather pay a small fee per activity(post, like, etc.) to every service that I use than have everything collected into a database then sold to the highest bidder.
I think privacy matters because every man has fears and thoughts that if known, could put him at a disadvantage.

August 04, 2021, 04:24:37 AM
And what do you guys think about Alt-tech applications and websites? I think they were created exactly to give users a freedom of speech and certain anonymity online. It's bad that they gain popularity through the QAnon movement, but at least more people get acquainted with them. Utopia p2p on the whole can also be called an alt-tech app as its main aim is to give people online anonymity and freedom.
Activity: 62
Merit: 6
August 04, 2021, 02:05:43 AM
  • Because everyone has everyone’s secret, everyone has the idea of not wanting to be disturbed by others,
  • Protecting privacy is the key to protecting our freedom of thought and speech. Everyone will have different thoughts and opinions. We should respect everyone's ideas.
  • To respect privacy is to respect others.
  • The protection of privacy is a respect for human freedom and dignity, and it is also a sign of the progress of human civilization.
  • Do not disclose other people's personal materials or publish other people's information on the Internet.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
August 03, 2021, 09:46:18 PM
Can I tell you the fact that I have recently received a lot of harassing calls pretending to be an exchange. I am anxious. Privacy is really important. But in a centralized exchange, it is difficult to achieve complete privacy.
Keep a multi account in social media and even in providing emails, use a dummy email in registering in not so important matters because most of those sites are just there to sell our KYC to third party user.

With many cases of selling users personal data to third parties, makes us really have to be more careful when going to join some platform.
If we don't sign up for a platform with matters that are not so important, it's best not to use our real email. Because to prevent our personal
data from being misused by irresponsible people, sometimes if i register some social media using new email. We also have to be careful when
sharing our cellphone numbers, because a lot of incoming messages or calls for deceptive purposes. Today where many frauds are committed
in the online world, we really have to be careful to protect our personal information, don't let our personal data fall into the hands of
irresponsible people.
August 03, 2021, 03:18:15 AM
Yes, but there is no denying the fact that there are many more ways in which global corporations track our data. Data freedom and privacy are only in the part of the Internet that cannot be indexed.
Activity: 140
Merit: 4
July 30, 2021, 10:21:58 AM
Can I tell you the fact that I have recently received a lot of harassing calls pretending to be an exchange. I am anxious. Privacy is really important. But in a centralized exchange, it is difficult to achieve complete privacy.
Keep a multi account in social media and even in providing emails, use a dummy email in registering in not so important matters because most of those sites are just there to sell our KYC to third party user.

This is good advice.I always keep my real account with a separate password and keep it clean. Unless its the prince of Nigeria , Then I always accept his calls Wink
Most importantly you need to be able to spot which people, website and services will forward your information to 3rd party buyers ! And remember secure connection SSL even advanced SSL can be bought for 10 $ Smiley
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
July 30, 2021, 08:03:36 AM
July 30, 2021, 04:37:28 AM
The problems with privacy is that for every 1 person who cares  and try to stay protected there are 150 that don't give a flying duck about it, and if you want to communicate with some of that 150 you have to go mainstream. I tried using minds when was released, as alternative to social media where you get organic and not manipulated post, and till this day I don't have any friends who are using it. So no matter how you try there will always be some weak spots.

Especially if you look for some more private alternatives to social media or popular messengers, Utopia p2p will be really interesting for you. The only minus is that mobile app is still developing, but I like to use it on PC as an alternative to Telegram, which turned out to be not very secured.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
July 28, 2021, 09:39:12 AM
The problems with privacy is that for every 1 person who cares  and try to stay protected there are 150 that don't give a flying duck about it, and if you want to communicate with some of that 150 you have to go mainstream. I tried using minds when was released, as alternative to social media where you get organic and not manipulated post, and till this day I don't have any friends who are using it. So no matter how you try there will always be some weak spots.
Pages:
Jump to: