Pages:
Author

Topic: Why privacy matters - page 4. (Read 3731 times)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1
June 23, 2021, 09:46:37 AM

It's now a good memory that when a lot of exchanges don't force its users to comply to KYC. But still, there are good exchanges that don't enforce it.

That's why I believe Utopia P2P https://u.is/ created their own exchange inside of their software. For now, it's just a beginning, but it really works fast and well. I believe it's also a kind of a future as I've already faced a number of problems with big trading platforms. And here everything is absolutely anonymous.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
June 22, 2021, 02:58:35 PM
All centralized exchanges require you to complete KYC due to legal reason

Yes that sucks
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 22, 2021, 09:56:23 AM
lol where did localbitcoins came in between. But yea KYC sucks especially in crypto space.
I've just told a single example, that's it. The same situation is happening to many other services connected to the crypto world. If you want to deal with your coins - please provide your personal data. And what if I prefer to remain anonymous?
That's the sad reality.

Exchanges before that don't ask for KYC started to ask KYC because they were forced by the government.

It's now a good memory that when a lot of exchanges don't force its users to comply to KYC. But still, there are good exchanges that don't enforce it.
Activity: 30
June 22, 2021, 09:26:02 AM
Privacy is a big problem in all aspects of using the internet or anything that is related, you are being tracked even when you are speaking near a smartphone, I and my friends did an experiment a few years back, we start speaking about apples with our phones on the table, that check the google search on our phone, the first suggestion was apples... for all of us, I just hope that decentralized blockchain technology  will get more accessible for the end-user, so at least our data stat is stored on the internet would be safer, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5344159 these guys are doing something that could change the game a bit in the future, just hope that more will follow
Activity: 588
Merit: 5
June 22, 2021, 06:03:09 AM
Then the number of options for mining is rapidly decreasing =) On the other hand, the choice becomes easier and clearer.
June 22, 2021, 03:41:08 AM
lol where did localbitcoins came in between. But yea KYC sucks especially in crypto space.
I've just told a single example, that's it. The same situation is happening to many other services connected to the crypto world. If you want to deal with your coins - please provide your personal data. And what if I prefer to remain anonymous?
Activity: 49
June 21, 2021, 06:26:52 AM
Localbitcoins is a shit. Their politics now force all the users to upload the id documents. Even if you want to make a small deal for 20$ you have to upload the documents and prove it is you.

What concerns Telegram, it's been a long time I don't believe in it. So many data leaks and no one is gonna improve the  soft. If you give your phone number, be ready to be tracked.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 58
June 21, 2021, 05:29:44 AM
I don't want others to know what i like and deslike that creates conflict very easily.
it is not even about the conflict but our things to be broadcast with others.

and also our personal things belongs to us and for nothing .

Privacy is necessary to be yourself, truly yourself. If you know someone is watching, or if you think that someone could be watching, you won't act the same.
Yeah you got it right there mate , we will never act the same anymore because we will consider them to please.
Activity: 311
Merit: 121
Vires in numeris
June 20, 2021, 03:57:56 PM
Privacy is necessary to be yourself, truly yourself. If you know someone is watching, or if you think that someone could be watching, you won't act the same.
Activity: 47
June 20, 2021, 10:14:43 AM
I don't want others to know what i like and deslike that creates conflict very easily.
Activity: 50
June 20, 2021, 09:49:46 AM
Privacy does matter because you don't want someone to know the places you visit regularly and how often you visit or what you do, not do, etc.
Someone with ill-intentions coming to know about your plans can make things worse for you very easily.
June 15, 2021, 05:12:14 AM
Maybe I'm being subjective. However, I still don't really trust THOR. However, I was forced to use it. Now there are alternatives and I want to find a better one.
June 11, 2021, 09:37:27 AM
I agree with your ideas. For a reason, Darkweb is popular among users. Yes, of course, you can find a large number of illegal things there, but then the Utopia P2P is a more convenient replacement for it.

I won't say it's more convenient as you have to upload 200Mb+ soft. Tor is more trustworthy as it's a worldwide known project. But the convenience of Utopia is in a wider range of functions and probably in the best encryption.
June 08, 2021, 06:30:42 AM
I agree with your ideas. For a reason, Darkweb is popular among users. Yes, of course, you can find a large number of illegal things there, but then the Utopia P2P is a more convenient replacement for it.
June 07, 2021, 04:48:00 AM
Protecting privacy in online work is very easy no one can know anyone's information unless they share their personal information with others. In the world of crypto everything is anonymous and no one can control it although crypto is banned in many places, the privacy of online use is very secure.

I won't agree with you. There are a lot of online wallets, which require personal data for bigger transactions. And uploading your passport means sharing everything about you. That's why I prefer projects like Utopia p2p where none of your information is required for anything.
Activity: 1451
Merit: 973
June 02, 2021, 06:04:45 AM
Privacy=yes=dignity  Anonymity=no=unaccountability

Smiley
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
June 02, 2021, 05:49:10 AM
As Tom Scott once said: Privacy will be dead by 2030.
And it doesn't matter really. Most of your private info is already in the web, mobile carriers sell your phone numbers, browser add-ons customize your ads at the very least. You'll live.

But why doesn't it matter anymore? I feel like privacy is always important, at least some form of it. It will be so much easier for scammers to extract our information and use it against us. Identity theft is already a big issue today and will grow if our data is keep getting stored. While I can understand that some people say that privacy is going to disappear it depends on all of us to fight back. If the people say that privacy is important something needs to change.
Activity: 82
Merit: 2
June 01, 2021, 03:34:42 PM
As Tom Scott once said: Privacy will be dead by 2030.
And it doesn't matter really. Most of your private info is already in the web, mobile carriers sell your phone numbers, browser add-ons customize your ads at the very least. You'll live.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 58
June 01, 2021, 06:58:59 AM
I don't know why this is still a topic when the only question that must be answered is "Do you Really want your personality to be exposed?"

if not then you already knew the answer for this question.

Privacy is what the reason why we are all here in crypto, anbd privacy is also the reason why we are staying long inside this market.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
June 01, 2021, 03:10:35 AM
I can't wait for my mandatory smart toilets to guarantee and control that I follow the proper diet of my benevolent and caring authorities.

Yes the new common health,security,safety and eco order will ensure no poop will will be left behind Grin
hahahaha.. I also don't wanna my Poop leave behind  Grin Grin Grin

Not many people understand the real situation. They believe that being online means no one will find them ever. Until they're hacked or their payment data is stolen, most of them will never learn anything about online security.
That's completely wrong . scam and hacking happens every now and then so how come that people wont even bother understand the risk?
Pages:
Jump to: