Pages:
Author

Topic: Why privacy matters - page 3. (Read 3731 times)

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973
July 27, 2021, 06:31:37 AM
Is this now an ICO thread? Roll Eyes wen moon,wen lambo?
Activity: 588
Merit: 5
July 27, 2021, 05:47:35 AM
Cool! I wish you success in mining and in promo! I will not stop rejoicing at how the project is a success and enjoys growing popularity among users.
Activity: 916
Merit: 1
July 22, 2021, 06:03:12 AM
Are you planning to take part in it? As far as I remember, the last bounty was quite successful and without any problems.

The previous bounty was held by the hired bounty manager and not it's all about the soft and devs. I'm in already and I've learned that up to 50 mining bots can be active on one PC. That's pretty awesome and I hope I'll get into the numbers of luckies to receive a part of the big prize pool.
Activity: 1451
Merit: 973
July 21, 2021, 06:42:16 AM
Can I tell you the fact that I have recently received a lot of harassing calls pretending to be an exchange. I am anxious. Privacy is really important. But in a centralized exchange, it is difficult to achieve complete privacy.

If you have received a call from someone misrepresenting themselves in this manner or attempting some form of deception by wire you should ask them the questions. Firstly ask them their name,organisation,address and landline,organisation extension number. Verify their particulars with the legitimate organisation through a third party/person and reengage with them through their swithboard extension.

If they are fraudulent firstly alert the organisation they are misrepresenting and then your phone company. There are many ways to trace fraudsters or persons harrassing you and you can also alert relevant authorities if the organisation or phone company does not cooperate. Fraudsters and other practicioners of deception working for whatever reason in this manner use a number of tactics from cold calling to door to door surveys,online banking fraud using malicious links,package deliveries,honeytrap,utility maintainence for information and access etc to name but a few.

If they start the sentence with .."Nothing to worry about" "Just a few questions" "Could I have a moment of your time" etc,then you should firstly verify the person you are speaking to through the method above but ensuring the organisation they are resresenting is a legitimate well established one and not just a burner company set up for such practices.

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 21, 2021, 05:01:30 AM
Can I tell you the fact that I have recently received a lot of harassing calls pretending to be an exchange. I am anxious. Privacy is really important. But in a centralized exchange, it is difficult to achieve complete privacy.
Can you tell us the story behind this mate? and also why are they calling you ?

Exchange seems to be not ethical to contact their users without very important matters that the user seek for their help.

This is an obvious scam site if does.
Activity: 68
July 21, 2021, 02:56:54 AM
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
July 20, 2021, 11:36:17 AM
Personal information is the biggest commodity of the Internet. All the big companies need it to feed their algorithm on what kind of products to over us. That is why privacy is so important. We shouldn't give our data away for free. First of all we should be informed on what kind of information is being collected and where its being sold to. Just look at the Robin Hood broker disaster. They offer the cheapest trades but will sell your information to hedge funds who are going to frontrun you. We need to protect ourselves better.
July 20, 2021, 04:35:27 AM
Are you planning to take part in it? As far as I remember, the last bounty was quite successful and without any problems.
July 15, 2021, 08:51:31 AM
I am blessed to not think about privacy much in my day-to-day life.

But when you get that message that someone logged into your email or something, it's one of the worst feelings.

Privacy matters to me.

That's why I love services like Utopia p2p as it will never happen there. By the way, they also announced a wide promo action for miners yesterday https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5349259.new#new Seems like a good opportunity to earn some extra coins +a part of the prize pool.
Activity: 148
Chief Executive Officer at Weentar
July 14, 2021, 11:41:45 AM
I am blessed to not think about privacy much in my day-to-day life.

But when you get that message that someone logged into your email or something, it's one of the worst feelings.

Privacy matters to me.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 175
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 14, 2021, 03:43:46 AM
I would prefer to trade with the Forex Market and I am happy with its earning.
Then why are you here?if you are still lingering here then best to get out of this forum .

After all, there has already been a similar situation in history. For example, when bitcoin appeared and the entire community reacted to it with skepticism. What about now?
Sorry but what is the connection of people skepticism and the Privacy topic? looks like you don't know where you posting and in what topic/thread?

All centralized exchanges require you to complete KYC due to legal reason

Yes that sucks
Then why use centralized exchange when there are lots of decentralize to choose?
July 13, 2021, 08:06:33 AM
After all, there has already been a similar situation in history. For example, when bitcoin appeared and the entire community reacted to it with skepticism. What about now?
I won't compare anything to Bitcoin Smiley As I'm sure, Bitcoin will always remain a top currency. And from new ones, green crypto needs more attention. Such as CRP, which doesn't require anything except internet connection for mining.
I am sure that within a few years the popularity of green coins will only grow. Therefore, yes, it is worth paying attention to developing and promising projects in order to benefit from it later.
Activity: 99
July 07, 2021, 02:10:56 PM
I would prefer to trade with the Forex Market and I am happy with its earning.
July 07, 2021, 05:22:07 AM
I won't compare anything to Bitcoin Smiley As I'm sure, Bitcoin will always remain a top currency. And from new ones, green crypto needs more attention. Such as CRP, which doesn't require anything except internet connection for mining.
July 06, 2021, 07:30:53 AM
July 01, 2021, 06:38:49 AM
That's why I want to look for more reliable and independent applications. Those that do not depend on the state, for example. Therefore, independent and non-commercial Utopia p2p -type applications are probably the best solution.
Agree. At least they try to provide as much privacy as possible. While many others can only give promises and do nothing. It's hard to check if something is really secured or not until you try it.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 30, 2021, 08:17:40 AM
what makes you think it does not?
Activity: 16
June 29, 2021, 04:37:30 AM
KYC in crypto exchanges and gambling websites sucks.

RIP privacy
June 29, 2021, 04:24:54 AM
That's why I want to look for more reliable and independent applications. Those that do not depend on the state, for example. Therefore, independent and non-commercial Utopia p2p -type applications are probably the best solution.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
June 23, 2021, 10:32:14 AM
Privacy is very necessary but as the day passes gov is taking more control of our privacy it'll for sure be like it's shown in Movies

*Project Genocidal Organ
*Anon
Pages:
Jump to: