Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 14. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Despite the limited supply of Bitcoin, the demand is fickle, and this change will lead to price uncertainty and instability in the Bitcoin market. The most conservative speculation may be that Bitcoin will be replaced by other cryptocurrencies that have advantages.
Activity: 6
Bitcoin, as the first cryptocurrency, is irreplaceable. Although digital currencies have continued to increase in recent years, the most valuable thing is Bitcoin, so I don't think Bitcoin can be replaced by other cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
Bitcoin was created for a reason, so I doubt it would be replaced in the near future for some other cryptocurrency. Of course the rest of the altcoins would try their hardest to also be on top ever since Bitcoin became popular. And though there are a lot speculations that a certain altcoin is almost replacing Bitcoin, but the question is its market value. Would it stay on top like the Bitcoin? We can't predict the future but we'll see what happens in the next year 1-2years.
copper member
Activity: 644
POINTPAY
no, I don't think so there will be more new cryptocurrencies in the market much more advanced but it is highly impossible to replace bitcoin, bitcoin is a trademark of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 310
Merit: 103
Rookie Website developer
Maybe, if many years have passed and if bitcoin is not lost, there is more and more than its price and market movements, because there are so many other coins in the market, and the percentage is higher than bitcoin
Activity: 266
Its security is excellent, but with the increasing load in bitcoin terribly long in the confirmation of the transaction. This strongly pisses me off all. perhaps it will be replaced by a coin with the highest security, faster than bitcoin, and the lowest Commission fee
Activity: 402
in my opinion it is still very far away for now-now. because until now there has been no other coin that can compete with bitcoin prices. for example later there is also possible if bitcoin stock is up. #CMIIW
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
I've heard some rumors that the government of US is making their own cryptocurrency and if it's true then it's very easy for them to dethrone bitcoin just by manipulating everyone.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Although Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency which made using decentralized Blockchain architecture, it does not mean that it will be the all-time “champion” when challenged with newer technology.  However as of now, bitcoin is the most reliable and most populate coin in the crypto world. Then it is very difficult to rise up other coin over bitcoin.

Yes. It would be very difficult for another cryptocurrency to replace Bitcoin unless it brings something that's out of this world and addresses the issues that blockchain technology faces today. Recently, an innovative cryptocurrency has been announced called Hashgraph which claims to address many of the issues that cryptocurrencies face today. It aims to be scalable, fast, and secure without the need for miners or even PoS. It's somewhat similar to IOTA's DAG technology and if this new cryptocurrency proves to be better than most cryptocurrencies in existence, then it might replace Bitcoin in the future.

Despite this, technology is changing fast, and if Bitcoin cannot keep with the latest standards, it will be left behind as a legacy cryptocurrency while others with better technology will succeed. No one knows what will happen in the future with Bitcoin's prominence in crypto land, but until now, it has managed to gather a lot of attention from outside investors, to businesses, to mainstream media. With the upcoming improvements such as the Lightning Network, sidechains, Schnorr Signatures, Confidential Transactions, and more, Bitcoin might retain its rightful place in the market for years to come. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 98
It make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, This  cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Activity: 602
Merit: 258
Based on my own personal judgement there is no any circumstances that the company and management of bitcoin can be replaced or beaten by another electronic coin in cyrptocurrency.
Activity: 685
I dont think will bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency because it is already cryptocurrency. No one knows what will happen. For the meantine just enjoy the bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Honestly, it does not make any sense of believing that one day will be replaced by any cryptocurrency. I also believe that maybe one day will be replaced but I it will took so many years to happen because as of now, bitcoin has take the lead that has a highest value on crypto world. But do not be so complacent because there is more crypto like altcoins. So I think, maybe one day it will happen but it will not last for many years.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Bitcoin will not be replaced. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and the basis for cryptocurrency. The development of cryptocurrency requires bitcoin support, so I do not think that the new cryptocurrency can replace Bitcoin.
I don't think so, like yahoo , Nokia, noone of us can think that one day those huge compay will be replaced by another like apple or samsung at all or even being bought by microsoft.
If you didn't do well, you will be replaced for sure.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Bitcoin will not be replaced. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and the basis for cryptocurrency. The development of cryptocurrency requires bitcoin support, so I do not think that the new cryptocurrency can replace Bitcoin.
Activity: 234
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
bitcoin is amazing and is the first cryptocurrency,basically defines what cryptocurrency is.However,in terms of efficiency,bitcoin is really primitive and can easy fall behind in the future when cryptocurrencies have really gone advance,unless of course bitcoin keeps up with constant improvement-BIPs.Lets face it,our earliest phone are now obsolete.same could happen and likely happens to every new technology.The price of bitcoin now is more of its sentimental value or first-mover advantage.That can be lost
Activity: 84
Billionaire and co-founder of PayPal Peter Thiel said that in the future there will be only one dominant crypto currency and most likely it's Bitcoin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Janinjo tips
I believe it will. Bitcoin showed the way for other cryptocurrencies. Other developers of cryptocurrencies will learn from its mistakes and one day we'll have much more successful and better-known cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 224
in principle, this is possible but not in the near future as bitcoin is still young and enters into force
Activity: 88
There are thousands of cryptocurrencies right now I think if bitcoin was going to be replaced it would have been done by now. Bitcoin will always lead the crypto market because it was the first of it's kind and people believe so much in it.
Pages:
Jump to: