Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 16. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 1
If Bitcoin would be introduced to the world several months ago along with several other cryptocurrencies that could be possible, but for 8 years of its existence Bitcoin proved to being always number one so now I can see no reasons for such a replacement.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Yes it could happen but i doubt very much it will happen the short to medium term, to actually make bitcoin obsolete would be a achievement.
no. i dont think so
Activity: 126
Stop saying nonsense bitcoin is s crypto name and the most known legendary coin and ever first created and no other coin can replaced it but their will be a coin that will surpas bitcoin , maybe not the price but the range and scope of usage.
Activity: 97
Merit: 6
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

It is possible to make an outdated bitcoin one day it is very difficult if we look at the statistics and what happens now. We can only predict but one day may happen. But in my opinion can only be equivalent with bitcoin can not shift the bitcoin from king bitcoin.
Activity: 62
As long as bitcoin is still a reference price for altcoin then there will be no new coin that will replace it as the parent of a crypto. Which can only replace bitcoin is a new coin that offers newer technologies newer than the technology now widely used by crypto including bitcoin.
Activity: 46
i do not know what will happen in the future more other crypto currency compete bitcoin in the top but we can help bitcoin to remain number one by using it much more to increase the demand.
Activity: 224
in the near future, I think nothing will replace bitcoin. in the future with new technologies may appear
Activity: 6
may be !
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
I believe that someday bitcoin can be replaced by another crypto currency, and the coin that will replace the current bitcoin position is ethereum.
Activity: 189
Merit: 10
It cannot be replaced, because it's the first one and will be the one that will last as long as all the others will, if not more. But another currency can appear which has higher potential than Bitcoin, and if the userbase is being overtaken.. It might mean the end of Bitcoin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
has anyone imagined the problem of the heavy transaction flow in the bitcoin blockchain? i would believe that if the blockchain is larger, fewer people will be able to use the bitcoin core, or use the chain-free wallet. at least it won't matter bitcoin yet could lessen the decentralization of bitcoin blockchain
Activity: 266
I think bitcoin never replaced by substitute cryptocurrency, bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that can be the most popular in the sophisticated. The bitcoin's price will surely pump high that can make the price was increasing right now that makes bitcoin more handsome. Bitcoin in fact have enjoyable different not subsequently subsidiary cryptocurrency.
Activity: 49

Nothing is impossible, but it is a very hard job to replace bitcoin by any other crypto currency because bitcoin is pioneer in the crypto world. Bitcoin showed the world what crypto currency is.

So it will not be an easy task to replace the pioneer. But you never know.
Activity: 43

Although bitcoin has some issues that needs to be address, I don't see any reason on why would bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency. Not unless, the existing user base of bitcoin will totally lost confidence on bitcoin and an exodus to another crypto will happen, then bitcoin will be here to stay. Some cryptocurrency may reach the popularity of bitcoin as it has today, but it would just co-exist with bitcoin. More like friendly competition.
Activity: 52

Although Bitcoin is slowly growing in popularity, despite all of its various problems, there remains a certain psychological security in a currency held in one's hand. Moreover, fears of hacking, viruses, and other attacks on the entire financial foundation of a nation via purely digital means will likely make most nations slow to adopt such a form of currency.
Activity: 54

I believe that Bitcoin will be in the end replaced by some sort of more advanced digital money system. I am certain of it.
But most likely we won't see this change during our lifetime. I expect bitcoin to be alive and kicking for at least 50+ years.

Worrying about bitcoin's potential replacements and altcoins which can be viewed as BTC 2.0 is dumb idea anyway.
Activity: 60

Bitcoin itself won't be taken over/replaced by a different cryptocurrency unless there is some major shift with the cryptosphere or a lot of the fiat financial systems start to move into cryptos and everyone pushes for a new one.

Bitcoin can change and be modified, but there's a very small chance that Bitcoin will be replaced in the foreseeable future.
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
hard question. i dont think so. bitcoin will be number one for a long time. bitcoin has the most acceptance worldwide.
Activity: 55

Yes, this makes sense. Bitcoin is probably not suitable for replacing every and each fiat coin in the world right now as it is and make an unique, universal coin... So another coin will probably replace it, or Bitcoin will evolve so much that it will make no more sense to call it Bitcoin. Only future will tell.
Activity: 59

To believe (e.g. to be certain) something like that does not make rational sense. To say that is a statistic probability makes much more sense. However, this has been discussed over and over again. In order for the cryptocurrency space to thrive, it would be most suitable if there were multiple coins at the top and not just one (as currently Bitcoin is). Nobody can say that either one will happen for sure; they would only be speculating.
Pages:
Jump to: