Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 19. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 218
Merit: 0
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

I still doubt the bitcoin will be replaced with another coin, bitcoin is the strongest and the first coin appears, I think the bitcoin will remain the first and altcoin will be the second.
Activity: 138
It will definitely happen if Bitcoin won’t solve it’s scalability issue.
Activity: 284
Merit: 100
Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket
nobody knows that one will happen for sure. only future will tell what will happen. but in my own thought theres no others currency can replace bitcoin for now. bitcoin price are going down also other alts are going down so , no one will surpass bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 16
bitcoin is not something that you can just replace that easily. it is still growing and getting better over time. so although nobody knows about the future i can tell you that in the future bitcoin will exist if there is anything like bitcoin it will only become second to bitcoin and never even get on top of it.
Activity: 67
I strongly doubt that  this will happen,nevertheless, nothing is impossible in the crypto world but i doubt very much this will take place.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1768
I think that will not happen so fast. Bitcoin is the leading figure in crypto world and most people who hear about cryptocurrencies first hear the name bitcoin. The day on which bitcoin is no longer number one will change everything in the crypto world. But until then a lot of time will pass.  Cool
Activity: 37
Merit: 2
Realistically talking, btc as of now is being at the top list among other cryptocurrencies but still it has ups and downs. It may be possible that other digital currency replace btc or it is also possible that other cryptocurrency sits beside the top list with btc.

Being the basis of other cryptocurrencies it'll be very difficult for them to dethrone BTC to where it is now and what it already achieved. Still no one can tell what will happen in the future.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
If bitcoin prices continue to rise (percentage), for example when the price of $ 12k marketcap bitcoin is only about 33% but when the $ 8200 marketcap price reaches 44% and with this fact it seems to be difficult for any coin to replace bitcoin.
Activity: 88
I doubt that there is any other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like ripple and litecoin. The newest addition to the list of its competitors is Ethereum. Ethereum has launched its own cryptocurrency called Ether that showed an exceptional growth last year making it the 2nd most popular cryptocurrency of 2016. And for all one knows, Ether is the only currency right now that owns a slight possibility to outpass the bitcoin in coming years. The biggest accomplishment of Ethereum perhaps is the support from some leading organizations like Microsoft and IBM. Microsoft’s US based financial team is now working with Ethereum to offer blockchain as a service to various business firms and financial institutions.
Activity: 236
Merit: 1
We didn't know that but it can be happen who can say.but may be its takes time before that happen because the bitcoin price is to big difference to the next altcoin
Activity: 263
Merit: 10
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Do you see any fiat currency in the stock market replacing USD anytime in the future? I say no to that, and that is the same to bitcoin in the cryptocurrency market. Everybody trusted bitcoin more than any coin the market that is why bitcoin will remain the king of the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 563
Merit: 102
If that will happen, then it will take a long time. Many people without much knowledge of cryptos only know of BTC. Bitcoin is the pioneer. It will take a lot for another crypto to take its place.
But anything is possible.

Yes it is true. As of now It is impossible to happen that the number 1 cyrprocurrency will be replaced by another. If it qill happen then yeah I agree with you. It takes a long long time. As bitcoin is only the cryprocurrency that is well known to people especially to those who are new.
Activity: 92
If that will happen, then it will take a long time. Many people without much knowledge of cryptos only know of BTC. Bitcoin is the pioneer. It will take a lot for another crypto to take its place.
But anything is possible.
Activity: 70
There are always a possibility according to that case, someday bitcoin will meets it saturation point and peoples tend to invest more in cryptocurrency. But I believe that it will needs a long time to happen.
Activity: 266
I do not think that bitcoin will be a substitute for another crypto currency, because our national money has not been replaced for anything for a long time, and this will also be strange
Activity: 454
Merit: 13
We have seen many other cryptos come and go, especially with all the new ICOs coming towards the market, but what we have seen is that they either fail and go bust or they carry on but they do not reach the size of bitcoin. It seems to me that everything relates back to bitcoin in some way so it is very unlikely it can be replaced.
Activity: 98
I'm not thinking that this is gonna can be happen, just because bitcoin has been the first cryptocurrencie in the market, and all the others were created after bitcoin. It is like saying that P-cola is gonna be better than Coca Cola, that is insane and will never happen, and everyone can confirm that. Maybe ethereum could be the first competitor to bitcoin, but it wont be more than the number *2
Activity: 154
It is very unlikely that any currency may replace btc even in the nearest future. Though the btc price may have gone down a bit, the price of the closest currency is still miles away from btc...... its gonna take a real while.
Activity: 110
I do not think other cryptocurrencies can replace bitcoin in the head years even bitcoin alone is gaining global recognition gradually how much more crypto has just happened to replace bitcoin absolutely, is not possible, there are some third world countries that have little or no information about bitcoin.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
It will not happen in the nearest future.
We cannot really be so sure with that, bitcoin might be the first and the most popular now
but when people sees better opportunity like a a better technology they can easily dump their bitcoins and buy another cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: