Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 40. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 100
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Bitcoin will not and never will replaced by another cryptocurrency, I'll bet
If you look at ETH then you will think again, ETH marketcap goes faster than bitcoin, if this year ETH price could reach $ 2000 while bitcoin price $ 20,000 marketcap bitcoin and ETH same.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Bitcoin will not and never will replaced by another cryptocurrency, I'll bet
Activity: 35
I don´t think so. Any new coin has his own property or characteristic and so they have an advantage over bitcoin, but bitcoin is just a code so the community can add new features like they did in the past to improve bitcoin.

Can they improve how danm slow bitcoin is for any practical daily usage? takes anywhere from 45min to 3 hrs for complete transaction. you try standing in line at the DMV and see how it compares to waiting for confirmations from bitcoin transaction. rubbish. https://electraproject.org/
Activity: 198
I don´t think so. Any new coin has his own property or characteristic and so they have an advantage over bitcoin, but bitcoin is just a code so the community can add new features like they did in the past to improve bitcoin.
Activity: 258
The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

While it is possible, I think most will fail because they will try to compete technically and I don't think that is the way to go. I think you need to have a bigger following than Bitcoin and hurt Bitcoin's reputation to go anywhere, which is a tall order and I think at this point in time it is almost impossible to achieve. Not impossible of course but next to impossible in the order of tasks.
Activity: 3
probably eth
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
I personally don't think that bitcoin will ever be replaced by some other cryptocurrency. It could be possible because things are developing really fast nowadays
Activity: 378
I really do not think so. Bitcoin is the giant of the  crypto currencies now. It has a platform at which all of the other digital currencies run. The inventor is different from the project invented.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
It’s hard to know. There are many complaints about btc. The fees and everything.. I accept that btc is the king of the market but in the future there will be many crypto with a better technology.. In time we’ll see if it’s replaced by another one.

We might never know if Bitcoin becomes replaced by another cryptocurrency or not. But, one thing for sure, is that it has many inherent flaws (like the ones you've mentioned) which will greatly limit its ability to become accepted in the mainstream world. As such, if a new cryptocurrency emerges that could address Bitcoin's issues, then it might take the pioneer cryptocurrency's place as the top coin in market cap. Technologies are changing faster than we could think of, and if another cryptocurrency project takes the lead in implementing the latest features, then Bitcoin's market dominance will become greatly reduced over time.

As of now, there are many altcoins which are better than Bitcoin in terms of transaction capacity, and speed. The closest one to overcoming Bitcoin is Ethereum, as it quickly shifts from PoW and PoS. Add to this the proposed scalability upgrades such as sharding, and the Plasma Framework, and Ethereum might take BTC's place as the leader of cryptocurrencies (if Bitcoin doesn't manage to scale first).

Nevertheless, only time will tell whenever any cryptocurrency could overcome the original cryptocurrency which brought us the blockchain technology. I'm certain that Bitcoin will remain in its rightful place in market cap for years to come, as it upgrades itself towards a stronger cryptocurrency for the masses. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

Honestly, it does not make any sense of believing that one day will be replaced by any cryptocurrency. I also believe that maybe one day will be replaced but I it will took so many years to happen because as of now, bitcoin has take the lead that has a highest value on crypto world. But do not be so complacent because there is more crypto like altcoins, dogecoins may take this lead. So I think, maybe one day it will happen but it will not last for many years.
Dogecoin?
Do you think the value of Dogecoin will be higher than Bitcoin or its market cap?
I do not know the reason you thought Dogecoin can be better than Bitcoin someday, because Dogecoin is a product clonned from Bitcoin, used old technology (blockchain 1.0).
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
the bitcoin is the biggest and I also think that it will stay the biggest because its growing very fast and it also has a pretty good future compared with other cryptocurrency's. i think it will always win from the other ones.
Activity: 18
in my point of view this is not a question at all. For me no cryptocurrency can replace Bitcoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
Eventually yes.there will be a time when thers  something better than Bitcoin that's called change.wether you like it or not it will happen.
Activity: 98
Merit: 5
No one knows the future, we can only guess. Now that bitcoin is doing well, it is growing, and no other cryptocurrency can replace bitcoin. I think in the future, bitcoin will remain the king of all cryptocurrencies, and its status will not be replaced.
Activity: 23
Maybe it can be replaced by ethereum. But bitcoin is most popular legendary cryptocurrency, so eth needs a lot of time to replace btc. It's ofc in my opinion Tongue
Activity: 48
I think that's impossible because when viewed from the speculation and conditions that currently bitcoin is a good way of investing, good crypto and high price.
Activity: 148

Honestly, it does not make any sense of believing that one day will be replaced by any cryptocurrency. I also believe that maybe one day will be replaced but I it will took so many years to happen because as of now, bitcoin has take the lead that has a highest value on crypto world. But do not be so complacent because there is more crypto like altcoins, dogecoins may take this lead. So I think, maybe one day it will happen but it will not last for many years.
Activity: 924
Merit: 18
in terms of capitalization and turnover, the Ether will overtake the BTC

because ETH is more practical and effective
Activity: 132
It seems to be very difficult. Because the pioneer of all cryptocurrencies is bitcoin. And compared to other, bitcoins have a high level of popularity. So it makes people more trust to invest into bitcoin than to other cryptocurrency.
Activity: 560
I think the greatest virtual money face the only bitcoin. and many believe that the price of the bitcoin's getting here the higher price. but I know only bitcoin virtual currency that has a high value.
Pages:
Jump to: