Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 79. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
I think future of crypto is a very interesting and important topic.. and I want to learn more about it and from my experience, I feel that conferences could be a good way to learn... I found this one https://blockshowasia.com/ and I'm thinking to go, but tickets are not so cheap, but I suppose it could worth it... what do you think guys? have you heard about it?

Interesting  Shocked Is it that one in Singapore? how much does ticket cost?

now it's $2589, but I've used a promo code VIP30 for 30% discount and it does not look that expensive for me now
Activity: 187
Merit: 18
I don't thinks so, Bitcoin can never be replaced with any other cryptocurrency. Bitcoin will always stay on top followed by all other ALT coins. It value might fall if it keeps getting forked but that doesn't mean its gonna get replaced.
Activity: 237
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
i believe everything will surely die in the future, so does bitcoin, one day in the future, bitcoin will become weak and investors will find some altcoins have great potential to replace bitcoin, but that day wil be very long because bitcoin is still very powerful and strong for a very longtime.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
GIF by SOCIFI
The question seems not rational in current scenario because Bitcoin price is seeing an upward trend, which is making the impact of this crypto currency more powerful and forward looking.

Though, it is possible that one day it will be replaced by some other crypto currency as we all know which goes up might come down. But the replacement will not be in the near future, it may happen after long by the time Bitcoin will be well known in all countries.
Activity: 84
of course there are far smaller fees and far shorter transaction confirmation time on all the other coins. The problem is that bitcoin is still the best coin to buy since it's the coin that has the most merchants compare to other cryptocurrencies  and the price of bitcoin has more volatility than other coins.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
It`s impossible, it`s a mere nonsense, Altcoin can`t go beyond bitcoin, everything is clear. Of the price alone bitcoin is very high, like elephants and cats.
No there is no chance for other crypto to replace bitcoin because now a days there no other crypto left to replace bitcoin but if any crypto is left they are week to replace bitcoin because bitcoin is now a days very strong and powerful currency in market and its very hard to replace bitcoin there is also a very support to bitcoin by countries.
Exactly, but of course there will be better alternatives than bitcoin in market sooner or later which provides greater privacy, and promising features. But it will be difficult for such a coin to do so, since bitcoin has a long standing reputation and acceptance, which will continue to remain as the number one crypto and will become more stronger for many years. I just do hope that cryptocurrency would become more popular in the mainstream in  the next few years.
Every year new technologies are launched but few get able to grab the attention of the people, most of them usually fail. Hope in future many altcoin launch but bitcoin will remain at the top. As for facebook many alternatives have been launched but it still it is retaining its position so will be with bitcoin. No altcoin will be able to replace bitcoin, its demand will increase with time
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
I think its possible to happen since there are some cryptocurrencies today that are nearly to surpass the capabilities of bitcoin. In the future, more new cryptocurrencies will rise that are better than bitcoin and as a result, it will replace bitcoin and it will become worthless. Also, most of the people will prefer using new and better cryptocurrencies that are better than bitcoin.
- Of course, this will certainly happen because every day there is always another cryptocurrency to be created, and we should know that technology will grow every hour, every day, so one day, a cryptocurrency that has enough strength and potential will be born, it will have the opportunity to replace bitcoin. Now, bitcoin may be the strongest and it is number one but in the future, that would be another story, something new will replace the older ones, this is an inevitable rule, however, we will need to wait for a long time because bitcoin is still too powerful and potential in the future.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
Yes it will be replaced but not very soon. Its current state is already facing many problem like speed transaction and high fees. We humans like everything happen in single snap, as it continue to (kinda) deteriorate thats the time for another crpytocurrency to rise up. It will not lose its value but losing #1 spot is bound to happen.

Yes, I am sure that one day bitcoin will be replaced with another coins, this makes us not to hold too much bitcoin, better sell immediately if already feel big profit, however fiat is more important because fixed value. And dividing into cryptocurrency is better than focusing only on bitcoins.
Activity: 116
I don't know if it will be replaced soon because is trending, but sure that nowadays the world will be poached by this cryptocurrencies. I think that the world at the moment isn't only about Bitcoin, but also about newer and more little currencies.

I' m very careful about the newer cryptocurrencies because this is the future and if you weren't on the move with the Bitcoin, better you'll look closer and carefully on other currencies to grow with them. Wink
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
i dont think so ..
Activity: 98
Yes it will be replaced but not very soon. Its current state is already facing many problem like speed transaction and high fees. We humans like everything happen in single snap, as it continue to (kinda) deteriorate thats the time for another crpytocurrency to rise up. It will not lose its value but losing #1 spot is bound to happen.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
The possibility is very low, at this moment no other cryptocurrency can even get the level of bitcoin in terms of price. Bitcoin is unstoppable, even people making fud about bitcoin is a scam etc they make no difference. As what Bill Gates said " nobody can stop bitcoin" .
Activity: 101
bitcoin is mother of cryptocurrency and so powerful
too impossible to replaced bitcoin,, i know nothing imposible but altcoin replaced bitcoin?  Roll Eyes
but lets see years from now,, who knows

You have no clue.

Bitcoin is very very close to a collapse. As we saw the other day, when half the miners leave segwit1x (btc), bitcoin comes close to a halt. We saw $100 transaction fees.
If there will be a fork (segwit2x) tomorrow, both segwit1x and segwit2x will have too little mining power and could collapse.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
it can happen sooner or later...why not? normal development leads to the fact that someone is developing and someone is leaving...this is a normal state of things...but bitcoin is strong enough and it seems to me that it won't disappear at all
Activity: 84
Some other coin replacing bitcoin is not an impossible thing. But I am not sure if it happens in a near future. It will definitely take time.
Activity: 812
Merit: 262
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
I think its possible to happen since there are some cryptocurrencies today that are nearly to surpass the capabilities of bitcoin. In the future, more new cryptocurrencies will rise that are better than bitcoin and as a result, it will replace bitcoin and it will become worthless. Also, most of the people will prefer using new and better cryptocurrencies that are better than bitcoin.
Activity: 1
I think Bitcoin can't be replaced in near future. But in the far future, there are chances that it can be replaced by some other digital currencies. But those currencies have to maintain their security and it can compete with Bitcoin. Then only the new cryptocurrency can replace Bitcoin, but not in near future.
Activity: 29

In terms of ranking I think no one can beat bitcoin .

i remember when fiber optics internet connections were not readily available in the US yet people thought AOL would rule the space forever because they didnt understand what was coming. they couldnt understand how much faster shit was gonna get. the same thing applies here bitcoin is what brings everyone to the party buts it wont be why the stay. eventually shit progresses. not saying that is what is happening here just saying one day it will happen its only natural.

What do you think would eventually replace it then? Considering today's circumstances, might it be ETH? Or it might be a new tech still in the incubating process.
I think ETH because the technology of ETH is very good and simple for understanding that it is very easy for all of us people do not know about the technology but the techno of ETH is way better than that of bitcoin and that is why it will surpass bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
In my opinion,it can happen because nothing is impossible in this world.
But I do not think Bitcoin can be easy replaced with other virtual currencies because Bitcoin is a pioneer in the world of virtual currency.
so Bitcoin will be hard to replaced with other virtual currencies and in my opinion,that will not happen,but will emerge a new virtual currency so that Bitcoin there rival.
Activity: 5
Merit: 11
In couple of years, we won't have btc as main currency for sure. It's just too slow. Satoshi needs to come back and save us!
Pages:
Jump to: