Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin Gold have a future? - page 16. (Read 21608 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 1
https://karatcoin.co
October 17, 2018, 10:47:48 PM
for tech and spec , bitcoin gold is good, and also dev.
but market demand for bitcoin gold is very low.
so this coin will always decrease value.
and for future if bitcoin gold will delisted on many exchange.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 17, 2018, 09:56:14 PM
IMHO this is just one more bitcoin fork with no future. Just popular because it was one of the first. What is special in it except Asic resistant? But it may be quite good for short speculation) Because all alts will go up after BTC rise. But for me now there are a lot of better coins than BTG.

There are a few Bitcoin forks which have managed to be quite successful after their inception. However, not all of them have been able to remain solid in terms of development and innovation since they're simply copies of the pioneer cryptocurrency. I believe that both Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin Cash are unique forks of the original Bitcoin blockchain as they provide their unique visions and purposes in real life. Bitcoin Gold is the ASIC-Resistant version of Bitcoin which can be easily mined with GPUs, while Bitcoin Cash is the "Digital Cash" version of Bitcoin with focus on speed and lower costs per transaction.

Of course, many altcoins are purely speculative, but considering that BTG has implemented an ASIC-Resistant algorithm based of ZCash's Equihash PoW, I'd say that the project is quite innovative. However, without a doubt, it's future might depend on how people support it and use it as a cryptocurrency for mainstream payments. Because, if it lacks the key aspects of any cryptocurrency to survive (adoption, development, and innovation) then it could easily fail within a short time frame.

Nevertheless, I hope that Bitcoin forks such as Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin Cash would remain as unique as possible to differentiate themselves from the original Bitcoin blockchain every step of the way. Only that way, they could succeed as they provide something unique for the public. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
October 15, 2018, 09:18:57 AM
IMHO this is just one more bitcoin fork with no future. Just popular because it was one of the first. What is special in it except Asic resistant? But it may be quite good for short speculation) Because all alts will go up after BTC rise. But for me now there are a lot of better coins than BTG.
Activity: 43
October 15, 2018, 01:29:18 AM
Bitcoin Gold seems to have a solid development team, as it has managed to quickly implement an ASIC-resistant algorithm after the release of Bitmain's miners for Equihash. If it remains a GPU-only mineable coin, then it would be much more decentralized in the mining process than both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. However, its success will only depend on the level of adoption it would experience in the mainstream world.

Considering that it has all the same features as Bitcoin, with the differences being an ASIC-resistant algorithm and better privacy, it could be well worth the investment after all.

Nonetheless, do you think Bitcoin Gold (BTG) will have a future or not? Smiley
Well, we can not say anything for sure. Bitcoin is the strongest of all cryptos with a huge market presence yet it is taking a lot of time for people to accept it. Bitcoin gold might also need to wait for its acceptance.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
October 15, 2018, 12:37:12 AM
Bitcoin Gold seems to have a solid development team, as it has managed to quickly implement an ASIC-resistant algorithm after the release of Bitmain's miners for Equihash. If it remains a GPU-only mineable coin, then it would be much more decentralized in the mining process than both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. However, its success will only depend on the level of adoption it would experience in the mainstream world.

Considering that it has all the same features as Bitcoin, with the differences being an ASIC-resistant algorithm and better privacy, it could be well worth the investment after all.

Ofcourse it has future , but a problem is in the way because of the reason of adoption , here lots of people are already have investment in the Bitcoin , and they know very well that Bitcoin gold is generated coin by the Bitcoin fork , so here Bitcoin is father of Bitcoin gold, so surely it will remain much ebtter for them to have Bitcoin instead of Bitcoin gold .
But surely if in the future we will have lots of limitations with the Bitcoin like mining difficulty and fee problem then surely people will move toward Bitcoin gold .
Activity: 266
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
October 15, 2018, 12:29:15 AM
I do not think so. A coin should take part in a good project to be the future. I do not think that a coin that is fork or similar can remain valuable for a long time. In a few months or years, it will be completely worthless Smiley
     Why are you so bad about bitcoin thinking. Now of course the lull. But if you look at the transaction of the top 100 wallets and analyze what you can expect from the cuts in price. After all, these wallets continue to receive no small amounts in the cue ball. Why would that be all. I think to the growth of this coin.
Activity: 448
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
October 15, 2018, 12:23:19 AM
Soon Bitmain will conduct its ICO. Interestingly they will take Bitcoin Gold.

Cryptocurrency can significantly rise in price, after all new ASIC are necessary for earnings
Lol jihan wu lost almost 1.5 billion dollars on the bitcoin cash and that's why they are conducting its ico. Bitcoin gold has implemented anti asic and it's more decentralized right now. But i have not seen any usefulness by use bitcoin gold at all. We have bitcoin and we don't need any other bitcoin fork coin.
I am sure each coin was able to produce developments that are so inflated that affect her future to be far better and generate more profits that bring advances against future coins itself as Bitcoin Gold.
Activity: 448
October 13, 2018, 12:08:54 PM
I do not think so. A coin should take part in a good project to be the future. I do not think that a coin that is fork or similar can remain valuable for a long time. In a few months or years, it will be completely worthless Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
October 13, 2018, 12:06:41 PM
So far the coin looks to be good but the massive crash in the price of the coin a couple of months ago is not doing well for the coin. There are a good number of investors in the coin which is keeping it alive. I personally am not a fan of hardforked coins but this is one of those that you can be sure will be doing well in the long run you just have to be patient
legendary
October 07, 2018, 01:41:58 PM
I think that btc is the best coin ever and all other version like litecoin, gold, etc, don't have chances to become leaders in the market and it will be able to take other positions as well

There's no doubt that BTC will be the best coin ever. However, I believe that some forked versions of Bitcoin (like Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold) would succeed in the future. This is because, they have provided unique development and innovation to the blockchain space. Bitcoin Gold has been one of the first (if not the first) cryptocurrencies to adopt an ASIC-Resistant algorithm. While ZCash hasn't done the move yet, Bitcoin Gold has an advantage over it as it uses the same PoW algorithm known as Equihash but with a few modifications to render current ASICs obsolete.

Bitcoin Gold is starting to differentiate itself from other cryptocurrencies as it has provided a unique PoW algorithm for ASIC-resistance. The team's roadmap shows that this cryptocurrency will continue to improve over time. As such, if people see Bitcoin Gold as a better alternative to ZCash due to its ASIC-resistant algorithm, they'll join it causing the price and popularity to increase over time.

Therefore, Bitcoin Gold's future would be dependent on how many people use it and support it within the mainstream world. Because, if it's not useful or unique, it could easily fall just like many other worthless coins in the market today. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
September 14, 2018, 02:14:13 PM
I think that btc is the best coin ever and all other version like litecoin, gold, etc, don't have chances to become leaders in the market and it will be able to take other positions as well
legendary
September 14, 2018, 02:12:49 PM
Regardless of how bitcoin Gold is performing in the market right now it is still one of the very top cryptocurrencies out there. I research the team a while back and they are legit and strong. The technology itself is great and it brings real innovation to the Blockchain and not just empty purposeless project.
I like bitcoin gold and it is one if the cryptos I am buying the dip on.

Completely agree with you, mate. Bitcoin Gold will become one of those coins you wouldn't want to miss investing into since it has a lot of potential to grow into something big in the future. It has all the goodies of the original Bitcoin but with ASIC resistance, which makes it ideal to mine with GPUs. As this hardware is accessible to anyone (unlike ASICs), I'd have to say that Bitcoin Gold's mining process is much more decentralized than Bitcoin's.

It has great developers and a dedicated community, which could keep this project going for a couple of years from now. Of course, it's still undervalued and under the radar of many serious investors or traders in crypto land, but I believe that it's a hidden gem waiting to blossom at some point in the future. Therefore, it wouldn't hurt to grab a stake of BTG and hodl them for the future. Wink

If this is true :

.. then this alone will make BTG a worthwhile investment. Bitmain's adoption of Dash propelled it to the forefront of everyone's conscience. I wasn't even aware that the Darkcoin I heard of a couple years ago had rebranded into Dash and was turning so many heads like it did last year.

Exactly. Bitmain will bring free publicity to Bitcoin Gold, which will contribute towards its price and demand in the long term. That's what BTG needs, since it lacks marketing/promotion. By giving it a little boost, people could become aware of a Bitcoin alternative which could be easily mined with a GPU. Since most people have access to GPUs nowadays, it'll be easy to participate into BTG's consensus without spending a lot of money on ASIC hardware. This greatly contributes towards the decentralization of the cryptocurrency, which makes it a better option than Bitcoin, IMO.

Nonetheless, time will tell us what lies ahead with the longevity of Bitcoin Gold within the cryptocurrency market. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
September 05, 2018, 06:48:02 PM

If this is true :

.. then this alone will make BTG a worthwhile investment. Bitmain's adoption of Dash propelled it to the forefront of everyone's conscience. I wasn't even aware that the Darkcoin I heard of a couple years ago had rebranded into Dash and was turning so many heads like it did last year.
Activity: 97
September 05, 2018, 06:40:02 PM
Regardless of how bitcoin Gold is performing in the market right now it is still one of the very top cryptocurrencies out there. I research the team a while back and they are legit and strong. The technology itself is great and it brings real innovation to the Blockchain and not just empty purposeless project.
I like bitcoin gold and it is one if the cryptos I am buying the dip on.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
September 05, 2018, 06:32:14 PM
It's been delisted from Bittrex trading platform:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-bitcoin-gold-got-delisted-from-bittrex

And there's a lot of things going on with BTG which put in on bad light and recent double-spending attack may have been the worst that could happen to any coin. With that said, it will take some time for BTG to recover from such attacks so its very unclear what's the future for them.
Activity: 699
Merit: 55
September 05, 2018, 06:05:13 PM
At first I was not very sure about BTG but after your post, I came to know that BTG has a clear project, so I think BTG has a future like Bitcoin or ETH, of course alcoint has their own weaknesses and strengths, only I know BTG the movement is slow, slowly but surely rises too,makes people not hesitate to invest in BTG.
Activity: 420
September 05, 2018, 05:56:13 PM
This is the fiurst time i will be reading that Bitcoin gold has made its ASIC-resistant algorithm, which will definitely give it a edge. This will also help it to secure a good future. I think with this, investing in it is a good decision.
legendary
August 18, 2018, 05:21:49 PM
I didn't know they have already made their coin ASIC resistant which I think is a very good decision. As someone who used to mine BTG a short period of time in the past, I welcome this move. On the other side, being a bitcoin fork it's hard to predict anything about this coin's future. It needs something to stand out from the rest of altcoins to have a future. I see from their roadmap that they plan to introduce Schnorr Signatures, and improve privacy. All good moves in my opinion. 

That's certainly true, mate. Being a Bitcoin fork, it would need to provide innovation to stand among the rest of altcoins in existence. It seems that BTG will be a privacy-focused coin all along, since it will implement Schnorr Signatures in the future. The recent hard fork did make BTG ASIC-resistant to a unique algorithm called Equihash-BTG. It has more memory requirements which makes current ASICs released by Bitmain totally useless.

Surprisingly, this is one of the Bitcoin forks that it is quite undervalued, IMO. It's even better than Bitcoin Cash, since it can be mined with GPUs, and has strong privacy features like Zero-Knowledge Proofs. However, its price will depend whenever people have interest in acquiring the coin or not for years to come. Perhaps, with all that's coming in their roadmap, it could have a bright future after all. Just my thoughts Grin
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
August 17, 2018, 08:10:01 PM
From how I look at BTG it's just a forked coin, it won't have a good future as the majority of the crypto users will continue to use Bitcoin over Bitcoin Gold or any forked coin. There's no reason to have Bitcoin Gold except for trading. Also i've heard that BTG suffered some double spending problems few months back and the price of BTG is regressing when you look at the price chart it started trading at $300+ and now it's at $20.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
August 17, 2018, 07:37:12 PM
BTC gold is yet another alt.Do you know how many coins was released what are bitcoin fork in fact.In that cases there was not all that noise.there was time when alts based on bitcoin chain were released one by one now we have ico's much more easy to do and much more profitable
Pages:
Jump to: