Pages:
Author

Topic: Will China go to war with Japan? - page 8. (Read 10128 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
December 07, 2013, 10:06:20 PM
I don't think that China will win. If anything, she will be nuked into the Stone Age.

China will be vulnerable against nuke attacks by the allies of Japan (read the US).

China doesn't have the capacity to successfully counter an American nuclear attack (either missle-based or aircraft-based).

Also, it doesn't have the capacity to strike back at the US. The Chinese ICBMs are noway near the American and Russian ICBMs.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
December 07, 2013, 02:10:46 PM
LOL, you ain't going to go all showmanship before you start a war with your equal, it's not like U.S striking Iraq, or even China's invasion of Vietnam, China knows what it's facing and if she really wants to attack Japan, she will do so quietly, do you really talk or brag about how will you punch someone before you really punch him? No way.

That is so true.  IMHO, I think China will win if they were to actually have a war.
Then the US will butt in..

Why?Huh Why do you and the others think China will win?
Because they bought a aircraft carrier piece of junk that never sailed from the late '80? and remodeled into .. something?

I don't think China will win either. If anything, she will nuked into the Stone Age. But if we look into the history, the conventional wars (China aside) are ultimately won by those countries which just happen to have more resources...

Resources won't matter this time.
By the time the steel is tuned into a tank and it's fitted with all the electronics the war will be over.
It's not like the ww2 anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
December 07, 2013, 02:07:34 PM
LOL, you ain't going to go all showmanship before you start a war with your equal, it's not like U.S striking Iraq, or even China's invasion of Vietnam, China knows what it's facing and if she really wants to attack Japan, she will do so quietly, do you really talk or brag about how will you punch someone before you really punch him? No way.

That is so true.  IMHO, I think China will win if they were to actually have a war.

Because they bought a aircraft carrier piece of junk that never sailed from the late '80? and remodeled into .. something?

I don't think that China will win. If anything, she will be nuked into the Stone Age. But if we look deeper into the history, the conventional wars (China aside) are ultimately won by those countries which just happen to have more resources...
in defi we trust
December 07, 2013, 01:56:25 PM

That is so true.  IMHO, I think China will win if they were to actually have a war.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I love bitcoins.
December 07, 2013, 11:37:05 AM

legendary
December 06, 2013, 10:39:47 PM
yeah but that shouldn't be the problem with China&Japan, there is too much western influence here so I don't think they would kill just to kill Cheesy
anyways, who do you think would win if such a war ever started?

No one is going to win. The war will wage on for decades, unless someone is going to use the nuclear bombs. Even with the US support, Japan will be unable to defeat China.

But it'll mean the complete collapse of the Japanese (and to a certain extent) the Chinese economies. A severe Economic recession will grip all the world nations.

Also, if such a war happen, it'll eclipse the WW2 in death count.
in defi we trust
December 06, 2013, 06:52:45 PM
If a people want to die for god or ideas, you cannot stop them  Undecided

The problem I have is when people want others to die for their god or ideas...  Wink

yeah but that shouldn't be the problem with China&Japan, there is too much western influence here so I don't think they would kill just to kill Cheesy

My bet is 99% on Japan and 1% on the Panda Independence Army
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
December 06, 2013, 04:29:45 PM

The problem I have is when people want others to die for their god or ideas...  Wink

Activity: 490
Merit: 504
December 06, 2013, 07:52:34 AM
no, it  wuld be self murder
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
December 05, 2013, 04:54:18 PM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
In math we trust.
December 05, 2013, 04:30:48 PM
I think it will happen, but it will happen between a day and a geological era.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
December 05, 2013, 03:28:55 PM
I doubt that will happen,IMHO they will go to some committee,discuss for few days,everything sorted out with conditions and everything back to normal. it would take tons of stupid leaders to go into war which won't benefit any of the involved countries.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
December 05, 2013, 08:25:55 AM
how to create your own cryptocurrency
http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/xjezt3
Spam scam, do not open.
in defi we trust
December 05, 2013, 08:23:27 AM
After the last news I predict a lot of people who were China fans to turn back their eyes to the old Europe , who actually isn't that fucked up.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
December 05, 2013, 07:30:21 AM
how to create your own cryptocurrency
http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/xjezt3

Obvious hacked account.
legendary
December 05, 2013, 07:11:55 AM
The ability of a nation, to avoid demographic bleeding is also important in war. For example, Israel withdraw from Sinai in 1981, despite being much more technically superior than Egypt.

If a people want to die for god or ideas, you cannot stop them  Undecided
legendary
December 05, 2013, 07:00:31 AM
China's population is rapidly ageing (so is Japan's, but the same can't be said about the US). If they want to start a war, then they should do it now.
Right now the number of Chinese male citizens reaching military age annually is 10,406,544. This can decline in the future.

War is not about the quantity of young men. It's about missile/bomb and air superiority.

The ability of a nation, to avoid demographic bleeding is also important in war. For example, Israel withdraw from Sinai in 1981, despite being much more technically superior than Egypt.
legendary
December 05, 2013, 06:38:02 AM
China's population is rapidly ageing (so is Japan's, but the same can't be said about the US). If they want to start a war, then they should do it now.
Right now the number of Chinese male citizens reaching military age annually is 10,406,544. This can decline in the future.

War is not about the quantity of young men. It's about missile/bomb and air superiority.
legendary
December 05, 2013, 06:05:34 AM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
December 04, 2013, 09:29:09 PM
lol - It would take a lot more than one broken down Russian surplus aircraft carrier to go up against the US Navy.  China is not that stupid. Nothing but saber rattling.

^
That.  Wake me up when the PLA masters basic 1960s Cold War tech, like aerial refueling.   Roll Eyes

We've got the Chi-coms contained and they know it.

...or basic 60's cold war tech like landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to earth - six times.  Cheesy

I started to include that but the Soviets never got even one man to the moon, much less uber-kit like a phreaking Moon Buggy.

If that (and the golf) doesn't prove America owns the moon, nothing will!   Cheesy

Lockean Proviso, Commie bitches!
Pages:
Jump to: