Pages:
Author

Topic: Will China go to war with Japan? - page 6. (Read 10128 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
December 18, 2013, 06:01:43 AM
It's about this son of an emperor who uses this hypnotic power to fight against an empire as a terrorist, really great story but as usual with these things they ruin it with stupid OP superpowers ( the hypnosis ) and alternate dimensions ( they all have those ridiculous endings where they fight each other in some weird alternate dimension ) Sad.

Stargate suffered from that exact same problem and if you see any story writer immediately resort to time travel or alternate dimensions that means they're usually desperately digging for plotholes to continue the story or bring back peoples' favourite characters from the dead. The best one I had seen though was in Gundam where you have this guy the fans liked a lot as a character getting killed and then in the second season he suddenly gains an unmentioned twin brother who looks exactly like him and the whole cast sort of goes "Oh right you're back" as if I'm supposed to just completely ignore it and pretend the character didn't die >_<.

oops, went off into a rant about storylines that get ruined for the sake of a continued series and to appease a fanbase Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
December 18, 2013, 05:10:56 AM
Dude, haven't you seen Code Geass?

Nope. I don't watch Japanese anime that frequently. What's it about?
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
December 17, 2013, 07:13:04 PM
China's population is rapidly ageing (so is Japan's, but the same can't be said about the US). If they want to start a war, then they should do it now.

Right now the number of Chinese male citizens reaching military age annually is 10,406,544. This can decline in the future.
Dude, haven't you seen Code Geass?
legendary
December 15, 2013, 09:47:34 AM
I wonder why most somalis go to northern europe - finland and scandinavia.

Finland doesn't have that much of a problem. The immigration laws are pretty toothless there too, but not as much as it is in Sweden.

Sweden on the other-hand is definitely lost. I don't have a problem if the Swedes want to replace the local population with Somalis. But my problem is that Swedish envoys always pressure other nations (especially Italy and Denmark) to relax their immigration rules. Swedish EU ministers have blasted the Italian policy of deporting asylum seekers to Libya, and last year they even threatened to fine Italy a few billion Euros for the same.

Sweden is every Somali's eternal dream. Just take a look here. No need to say anything more.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 15, 2013, 04:18:39 AM
Did you knew that this article is from 2008?
Also , just a quick view on the main page where you can see 20 titles with disaster , apocalypse and you'll realize what kind of paper you're quoting there.

I agree that there is some amount of exaggeration. But it is no secret that right now that more than 1 million Somalis live in the EU. I am not talking about Nigerians, Kenyans.etc. Just the Somalis alone number more than 1 million.

Most people in the world see the northern countries as safe heavens. Also there is some kind of myth that you get enough social welfare even without working.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
December 15, 2013, 03:12:24 AM
Also , just a quick view on the main page where you can see 20 titles with disaster , apocalypse and you'll realize what kind of paper you're quoting there.

I agree that there is some amount of exaggeration. But it is no secret that right now that more than 1 million Somalis live in the EU. I am not talking about Nigerians, Kenyans.etc. Just the Somalis alone number more than 1 million.

legendary
December 12, 2013, 12:51:24 PM

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
December 12, 2013, 12:16:14 PM
It may sound incredulous, but people are seeing reality instead of pipedreams now. The economic recession might actually have been a good dose of shock to people here in US which forced many people to realize  we must make some changes as to who we call 'Americans'.

Yes, I agree... you should stop calling those that caused the recession 'Americans'... Tongue

In relation to the illegal immigrants, give them a chance; they might actually be useful.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 12, 2013, 11:29:21 AM
For western nations, I am seeing a trend that is decidedly against immigration. Within the next decade or two, immigration will be severely curtailed, and many so-called 'immigrants' who have absolutely no reason to respect the nation of their residence will face a choice: Be removed by force, or leave of their own free will.

I don't think so. On the other hand, I see the migration policies getting more and more liberalized.

The EU has almost finalized its plans to import 50 million African workers:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/65628/Secret-plot-to-let-50million-African-workers-into-EU

The US on the other-hand, is going to legalize some 20 million+ illegal immigrants.

The only nation which has so far violently reacted to illegal immigration (Russia) has significantly eased its policy since 2010.

Activity: 420
December 12, 2013, 05:47:56 AM
For western nations, I am seeing a trend that is decidedly against immigration. Within the next decade or two, immigration will be severely curtailed, and many so-called 'immigrants' who have absolutely no reason to respect the nation of their residence will face a choice: Be removed by force, or leave of their own free will.

I don't think so. On the other hand, I see the migration policies getting more and more liberalized.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/65628/Secret-plot-to-let-50million-African-workers-into-EU

The US on the other-hand, is going to legalize some 20 million+ illegal immigrants.

The only nation which has so far violently reacted to illegal immigration (Russia) has significantly eased its policy since 2010.

For US, no such deal has passed the congress and had government consent. There are attempts, but I guarantee that criminal elements which plague the streets will change their faces within the next decade or two.

It may sound incredulous, but people are seeing reality instead of pipedreams now. The economic recession might actually have been a good dose of shock to people here in US which forced many people to realize  we must make some changes as to who we call 'Americans'.

legendary
December 12, 2013, 04:00:37 AM

Activity: 420
December 12, 2013, 03:07:57 AM
Fuck china. They actin' like biyatches, yo.

That being said, they do have far more nuclear warheads than 200 - tunnels under taibai and networks of such underground storage is estimated to hide at least 2000-4000 nuclear warheads and possibly missiles.

If they do go to war, here's to hoping they permanently remove each other off the face of the earth and survivors migrate to africa or something.

Honestly , I see that depopulation problem at no problem at all. In the upcoming years I think that we will have more and more countries thinking about population control.
It does not sound too good but it's something we have to face.
You don't need too many people in your country nowadays , workforce starts to get replaced by machines and even if there is a temporary need you don't really have a clue about what will be in 20 years when the newborns will be apt for work.

Depopulation is not a problem when it is uniform all over the world. Sadly, it is not the case. So we have South Korea on one side, where the women give birth to an average of 1.05 children in her lifetime, and Niger on the other side, where the same is 7.50.

International borders are getting more and more obsolete nowadays, and nothing can prevent the movement of people from overpopulated nations to the sparsely populated ones. In long term, that means the breakdown of cultural norms, and in the end it will result in the collapse of the nation as a whole.

In future, somewhere near 50% of the Japanese population will be elderly, and the economy won't be able to grow without significant immigration. 

This is simply a balancing act against the irresponsible nature of immigration policies in those nations. No nation has any obligation to accept someone in just because they ask. In fact, such attitude warrants a foot on their throats. Each nation has their own legacies and roots that must be respected and obliged. If these immigrants cannot take it upon themselves to take this matter seriously, they are merely criminals and must be removed or killed with extreme prejudice.

This applies to all nations. Nigeria. India. Iran. Russia. China. Egypt. And all the nations of the West. No one is obligated to let someone it when they do not wish to do so.
December 10, 2013, 10:02:55 AM
Honestly , I see that depopulation problem at no problem at all. In the upcoming years I think that we will have more and more countries thinking about population control.
You don't need too many people in your country nowadays , workforce starts to get replaced by machines and even if there is a temporary need you don't really have a clue about what will be in 20 years when the newborns will be apt for work.

Depopulation is not a problem when it is uniform all over the world. Sadly, it is not the case. So we have South Korea on one side, where the women give birth to an average of 1.05 children in her lifetime, and Niger on the other side, where the same is 7.50.

International borders are getting more and more obsolete nowadays, and nothing can prevent the movement of people from overpopulated nations to the sparsely populated ones. In long term, that means the breakdown of cultural norms, and in the end it will result in the collapse of the nation as a whole.

In future, somewhere near 50% of the Japanese population will be elderly, and the economy won't be able to grow without significant immigration. 

Japan has an advantage there.
It's not that easy to get into and it's not so easy to get accustomed to their society.
They do have come up with 10, 20 and even 50 years plans , so I would guess they have a plan for this also.
legendary
December 10, 2013, 12:57:04 AM

December 09, 2013, 11:03:43 PM
I don't think such a  war will happen, China is probably testing out Japan to see if  they could do this but as  we  saw Japan reacted  well and  a  war will most probably not happen Smiley

Nothing can be taken for granted. The Japanese military depends a lot on their American counterparts. Also, Japan is currently suffering from massive depopulation.

legendary
December 09, 2013, 10:50:02 PM
I don't think such a  war will happen, China is probably testing out Japan to see if  they could do this but as  we  saw Japan reacted  well and  a  war will most probably not happen Smiley

Nothing can be taken for granted. The Japanese military depends a lot on their American counterparts. Also, Japan is currently suffering from massive depopulation.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
December 09, 2013, 04:08:19 PM
How long should the US have this defense pact with Japan?  and if Japan causes the war with China why should the US side with Japan?  I am sick of the US trying to get involved in other nations' issues when we are arguing over islands with no clear answer.  Yes it's over islands but it's for economic reasons.  Why waste millions of lives for a relatively small economic win?

If Japan bullies Russia, US should not interfere.

But right now, that is not the case.

Let's look back to history:

1961: China invades Aksai Chin (until then administered by India) without any provocation. It is still under Chinese occupation

1965: China invades Dong-Yin (part of Taiwan). Status quo.

1967: China invades Sikkim (part of India). Indians expel PLA soldiers.

1969: China invades Damansky Island (part of USSR). The Soviet Red Army beat the living daylights out of PLA.

1974: China invades Paracel Islands (until then administered by Vietnam) without any provocation. It is still under Chinese occupation

1987: China invades Sumdorong Chu Valley (part of India). Status quo.

1988: China invades Johnson South Reef (part of Vietnam).  It is still under Chinese occupation

Now they want to invade Shenkaku Islands (Japan) and Scarborough Shoal (Philippines).

Tell me who are the bullies here.  Grin

this is kind of mindblown but I don't think China is going to be  able to succeed in such act once more as Japan is not India and we should also think about the influence of western countries  here Smiley
legendary
December 09, 2013, 01:39:34 PM
How long should the US have this defense pact with Japan?  and if Japan causes the war with China why should the US side with Japan?  I am sick of the US trying to get involved in other nations' issues when we are arguing over islands with no clear answer.  Yes it's over islands but it's for economic reasons.  Why waste millions of lives for a relatively small economic win?

If Japan bullies Russia, US should not interfere.

But right now, that is not the case.

Let's look back to history:

1961: China invades Aksai Chin (until then administered by India) without any provocation. It is still under Chinese occupation

1965: China invades Dong-Yin (part of Taiwan). Status quo.

1967: China invades Sikkim (part of India). Indians expel PLA soldiers.

1969: China invades Damansky Island (part of USSR). The Soviet Red Army beat the living daylights out of PLA.

1974: China invades Paracel Islands (until then administered by Vietnam) without any provocation. It is still under Chinese occupation

1987: China invades Sumdorong Chu Valley (part of India). Status quo.

1988: China invades Johnson South Reef (part of Vietnam).  It is still under Chinese occupation

Now they want to invade Shenkaku Islands (Japan) and Scarborough Shoal (Philippines).

Tell me who are the bullies here.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
December 09, 2013, 01:29:43 PM
Yes, you are right about the names, but the truth is still by my side. The possession of these otherwise worthless islands allows Russia to get full control over that part of the sea (the Sea of Okhotsk to be precise)...

Sea of Okhostsk - Yes.

La Pérouse Strait - No.

Big difference. The ocean boundaries between Japan and Russia are undisputed and well defined up to the North of the Shiretoko peninsula. Only the marine region to the East of the Shiretoko peninsula is disputed.

So, these islands aren't actually as worthless as they might look at first glance. Also, rhenium (one of the rarest elements in Earth's crust, used for making jet engine parts) was discovered in 1994 at Iturup island...
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1132
December 09, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
How long should the US have this defense pact with Japan?  and if Japan causes the war with China why should the US side with Japan?  I am sick of the US trying to get involved in other nations' issues when we are arguing over islands with no clear answer.  Yes it's over islands but it's for economic reasons.  Why waste millions of lives for a relatively small economic win?

The US and Japan have history that makes that really awkward.  

The Armistice they hammered out at the end of WWII deprived Japan of the right to have an Army or Navy.  In return, the US offered to 'protect' the Japanese from outside aggressors.  Now, in fact the US hammered this so-called agreement down Japan's unwilling throat at the end of the war as effective terms of surrender, but it hasn't really been a bad agreement for either side -- so far.

That armistice is, AFAIK, still in effect.  The JDF is not an 'Army' in the technical sense, and can't be construed as one by International Law because, for as long as the Armistice has been in effect, it hasn't taken military action on soil controlled by another government. And for all that a lot of their "merchant marine" is heavily armed and owned by the government, they aren't a 'Navy' by the same token -- they have never taken overt hostile action against ships which are part of the armed forces of another nation, nor targeted land-based installations or forces on the sovereign territory of another government.

So, if China attacks Japan, the US would be forced to either take sides with Japan, or withdraw from the Armistice.  Neither of which they want to do, because they don't want to be in a war with China and they don't want to lose face in the International community by refusing to honor the terms of their Armistice, and they don't really want Japan released from a broken Armistice and free to officially rearm.

On the other hand, if the Japanese attack China, they'd be sacrificing their US protection (whatever that's worth with China) because that would make their forces into an Army/Navy, which would violate the Armistice at no cost to the US.  It would even leave the US free to come in on the side of China if they wanted to (or if the Chinese made it worth their time) after being 'betrayed' by the Japanese.
Pages:
Jump to: