Pages:
Author

Topic: Will China go to war with Japan? - page 4. (Read 10128 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
January 02, 2014, 05:36:28 AM
Who are China's allies today?

Anyone whom they can bribe. Examples are Sudan, Angola, Sri Lanka, Pakistan.etc
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 02, 2014, 04:38:06 AM
And the Japanese schoolbooks gloss over the Japanese atrocities in WW2.

I'm sure the US textbooks gloss over the american atrocities as well.

I remember the authorities ordered internment and relocation of over 100,000 people of Japanese heritage in 1942, soon after Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. Do they also gloss over it in textbooks and does it count as American atrocities at all?

What about nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
January 02, 2014, 04:09:26 AM

I'm sure the US textbooks gloss over the american atrocities as well.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.
January 02, 2014, 04:01:29 AM
Who are China's allies today?
legendary
January 02, 2014, 03:44:54 AM

They do. As I have mentioned earlier, Japan has never apologized for the tens of millions of foreign civilians who were killed by their soldiers. The atrocities occurred not only in China, but also in South-east Asia, Philippines and Oceania.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
January 01, 2014, 05:59:05 PM
How do the Chinese people feel about the millions starved during the Mao Tse-Tung period in the 1950's? I think people have a more nuanced view than treating the whole thing like some kind of football team rivalry. The governments were at war, not the people. The governments starved their people, or sold land to foreign hegemons for military bases, not the people.

The Chinese history texts and schoolbooks don't even mention about the tens of millions of people who were killed by the communists from the 1930s to the 1950s. On the other hand, they exaggerate the Japanese atrocities. It is easier to exert control over the population by whipping up the nationalist passion, and this has been realized by the current government of China.

legendary
January 01, 2014, 10:32:45 AM
How do the Chinese people feel about the millions starved during the Mao Tse-Tung period in the 1950's? I think people have a more nuanced view than treating the whole thing like some kind of football team rivalry. The governments were at war, not the people. The governments starved their people, or sold land to foreign hegemons for military bases, not the people.

The Chinese history texts and schoolbooks don't even mention about the tens of millions of people who were killed by the communists from the 1930s to the 1950s. On the other hand, they exaggerate the Japanese atrocities. It is easier to exert control over the population by whipping up the nationalist passion, and this has been realized by the current government of China.
December 31, 2013, 06:50:33 PM
Should the people o something about it, since they all own the country not just one person.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
December 31, 2013, 04:37:30 PM
Well now theyre definately enemies, if you look at the news sources, the Japanese prime minister is not welcome to enter china anymore. :/

The Japanese politicians were never welcome in China. Things will remain the same for another century or so.  Grin

The Chinese are still bitter about the Japanese war crimes in the 1930s and 1940s. Japan has never apologized for any of that.

legendary
December 31, 2013, 06:14:19 AM
Well now theyre definately enemies, if you look at the news sources, the Japanese prime minister is not welcome to enter china anymore. :/

The Japanese politicians were never welcome in China. Things will remain the same for another century or so.  Grin

The Chinese are still bitter about the Japanese war crimes in the 1930s and 1940s. Japan has never apologized for any of that.
December 30, 2013, 11:58:24 PM
legendary
December 22, 2013, 12:00:48 PM
You should watch less movies. The locked gun breechblock withstands the gunshot itself and can't cope with a hand grenade, lol. Though you can indeed damage the gun barrel...

Anyway there is only a very low chance that tanks will be used during a hypothetical China vs Japan war. Most of it will be fought in the ocean.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
December 20, 2013, 05:17:59 AM
A tank can kill 1 million people with sticks but 1 million people with armed with rocks can't destroy a tank.

Of course one million people can destroy a tank.   A tank can't carry one million rounds of ammo.
According to my knowledge of tanks from movies, if you throw a grenade in the "gun shaft," the entire tank will explode, with the shrapnel killing all enemies in the engagement. Soon after, a white guy with recent battle wounds and a bitchin' name like Max Hardstaff sticks a US flag atop the tank's remains as patriotic music plays. All of the now-liberated dirty brown folk come out of their rubble-homes and cheer for the Americans while a bald eagle flies overhead.

You should watch less movies. The locked gun breechblock withstands the gunshot itself and can't cope with a hand grenade, lol. Though you can indeed damage the gun barrel...

legendary
December 19, 2013, 11:52:44 PM
According to my knowledge of tanks from movies, if you throw a grenade in the "gun shaft," the entire tank will explode, with the shrapnel killing all enemies in the engagement. Soon after, a white guy with recent battle wounds and a bitchin' name like Max Hardstaff sticks a US flag atop the tank's remains as patriotic music plays. All of the now-liberated dirty brown folk come out of their rubble-homes and cheer for the Americans while a bald eagle flies overhead.

Also - if enough Tibetan monks light themselves on fire, it seems to give members of Chinese resistance groups supernatural brain powers. They can stand in front of tanks and put up some kind of forcefield which stops them. I don't think it works if they're the aggressors, but I don't know.

Hollywood is the best weapon the US has got. No other weapon can brainwash billions of people around the globe. Have doubts? Go and watch In the Land of Blood and Honey  Grin
December 19, 2013, 07:32:20 PM
Im pretty sure china will kick our asses, they know kung fu, and they have the power to force people in the army, such as civilians.
December 19, 2013, 07:30:05 PM
The human form is not designed for fighting.
That's why we have tanks with tracks , planes with turbines not flapping wings and subs with no tails.
So , no giant robots fighting!

What is this nonsense? Everyone knows that humanoid giant robots are the ultimate fighting machines!*  Grin

(* may require watching one or more of the following: Gundam, Macross, Code Geas, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Furi Kuri, etc.)

Pacific Rim Jaegers xD
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
December 19, 2013, 06:13:35 PM
A tank can kill 1 million people with sticks but 1 million people with armed with rocks can't destroy a tank.

Of course one million people can destroy a tank.   A tank can't carry one million rounds of ammo.

Also - if enough Tibetan monks light themselves on fire, it seems to give members of Chinese resistance groups supernatural brain powers. They can stand in front of tanks and put up some kind of forcefield which stops them. I don't think it works if they're the aggressors, but I don't know.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 514
December 19, 2013, 05:39:25 PM
A war would only be profitable if there is a giant amount of oil under the sea.

Weapons manufacturers would still make a "killing" no pun intended.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
December 19, 2013, 02:56:02 PM

Of course one million people can destroy a tank.   A tank can't carry one million rounds of ammo.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
December 19, 2013, 01:20:06 PM
I think China should hodl on.
Pages:
Jump to: