Pages:
Author

Topic: Will China go to war with Japan? - page 9. (Read 10128 times)

legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
December 04, 2013, 07:39:18 PM
lol - It would take a lot more than one broken down Russian surplus aircraft carrier to go up against the US Navy.  China is not that stupid. Nothing but saber rattling.

^
That.  Wake me up when the PLA masters basic 1960s Cold War tech, like aerial refueling.   Roll Eyes

We've got the Chi-coms contained and they know it.

...or basic 60's cold war tech like landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to earth - six times.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
December 04, 2013, 05:49:21 PM
lol - It would take a lot more than one broken down Russian surplus aircraft carrier to go up against the US Navy.  China is not that stupid. Nothing but saber rattling.

^
That.  Wake me up when the PLA masters basic 1960s Cold War tech, like aerial refueling.   Roll Eyes

We've got the Chi-coms contained and they know it.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 04, 2013, 02:44:20 PM
No, wars are for money, nobody go to war, if he will lose more than he will win.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
December 03, 2013, 06:39:23 PM

Also , China knows what happens when you fight a war alone and think numbers are enough :

Had to search a bit for the image

I had this image in my history book while I was in primary school  Cheesy

China's interest is Taiwan, not Japan. China is claiming Taiwan and Taiwan is claiming China (the capital of "the Republic of China" known also as Taiwan is NanJing, in the mainland, but the temporary capital is Taipei)... guess who will win.

Taiwan?
Yes, it's recognized by only 23 countries in the world (January 2012). If you are a nation of Southeast Asia or Africa and you want to have diplomatic relations with China you must deny Taiwan as an independent state and close all relations with it.

My bet is still on Taiwan.

Taiwan was actualy created in the chinese civil war, the nationalists fought the revolutionists and lost, they ran to the islands of Taiwan where they formed they own state,  communists  kept ruling the China as we know it today but  Taiwan and China should reunite peacefully in a couple of hundred years, but not by force and not soon Smiley

Go back a few centuries please.
Taiwan in 1500-1600 was Chinese like Poland.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
December 03, 2013, 02:16:51 PM

Also , China knows what happens when you fight a war alone and think numbers are enough :

I had this image in my history book while I was in primary school  Cheesy

China's interest is Taiwan, not Japan. China is claiming Taiwan and Taiwan is claiming China (the capital of "the Republic of China" known also as Taiwan is NanJing, in the mainland, but the temporary capital is Taipei)... guess who will win.

Taiwan?
Yes, it's recognized by only 23 countries in the world (January 2012). If you are a nation of Southeast Asia or Africa and you want to have diplomatic relations with China you must deny Taiwan as an independent state and close all relations with it.

Taiwan was actualy created in the chinese civil war, the nationalists fought the revolutionists and lost, they ran to the islands of Taiwan where they formed they own state,  communists  kept ruling the China as we know it today but  Taiwan and China should reunite peacefully in a couple of hundred years, but not by force and not soon Smiley
in defi we trust
December 03, 2013, 12:30:05 PM

Taiwan?

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
December 03, 2013, 11:55:11 AM

Taiwan?
in defi we trust
December 03, 2013, 11:09:37 AM

Taiwan?
Activity: 199
December 03, 2013, 11:07:34 AM
in defi we trust
December 02, 2013, 06:58:09 PM

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
December 02, 2013, 06:53:32 PM
No, China didn't survive for 5000 years by being stupid and fighting expensive wars where there is nothing to gain... unlike the West.

China is playing a game of poker... gaining as much as it can by bluffing where the opponents are too weak to call.

The history of the West is no shorter than that of China if your point was about longevity and continuity. So there is nothing much spectacular or outstanding about China in this respect. The history of Western civilization has just been more properly documented...
in defi we trust
December 02, 2013, 06:44:38 PM
Is it for real this time? Will China go to war with Japan (and possibly the US)?

U.S. B-52s flew over China's controversial new air defense zone
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/26/world/asia/china-us-b52s/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

No, China didn't survive for 5000 years by being stupid and fighting expensive wars where there is nothing to gain... unlike the West.

China is playing a game of poker... gaining as much as it can by bluffing where the opponents are too weak to call.

No , china fought some very expensive wars , lost most of them , their battle record stinks and furthermore now the people in China have no wish for a new war.
Also , their bluff was over with this move....
They didn't have any reaction , not even after this , not telling about sending a few aircraft to intercept those bombers.
December 02, 2013, 04:42:19 PM
Moreover During the war the Other countries would probably jump in to take advantage

of what?
I don't see why this would happen
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
December 02, 2013, 04:26:02 PM
Moreover During the war the Other countries would probably jump in to take advantage
December 02, 2013, 04:00:21 PM
I doubt there will be war, those are just a couple of not very important and  unpopulated islands  Wink
they're  just showing off Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
December 02, 2013, 03:16:38 PM
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
December 02, 2013, 03:03:41 PM
China will never risk a war.
Right now they will get their ass kicked in so many forms , both on the war from and the economic one that is madness  to even think about it.
Also China is not known for winning wars  Smiley

I also don't think it will ever come to a full-fledged conflict with Japan, but China is well known for the border incidents and armed clashes with her neighbors. And they have a short memory for kindnesses and a long memory for offenses...
Activity: 238
December 02, 2013, 10:11:29 AM
I think full-fledged war is unlikely to break out between China and Japan simply because going to war with Japan means going to war with the United States.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
November 30, 2013, 02:28:13 PM
I don't think they will. But I do see US is taking a piss by pushing the boundary. i.e. Flying over the China zone with 2 B52. Do they really want China to shoot them down, so they can go to war?

US get more out of this if they go to war with China. Since China owe most of their debt.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
November 30, 2013, 01:51:20 PM
I'm quite sure that they won't
Pages:
Jump to: