Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Dogecoin have a future? - page 36. (Read 54544 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
July 05, 2018, 10:43:08 PM
Doge coin have been in the market for a long time but it did not get much popularity. Other many coins after a lot of time came and a lot of get much popularity. I think doge coin future is not good it's my personal opinion
Activity: 775
Merit: 11
July 05, 2018, 06:29:40 PM
Dogecoin has been my favorite alt coin for quite a long time. It serves as a good cryptocurrency for tipping others, as well as being a fun and inexpensive medium of exchange.

However, I'm worried what might happen to Dogecoin in the future, since it has been quite some time that no new version of the QT wallet has been mentioned, neither some innovation to keep it going for the long term.

It would become ideal for Dogecoin to add SegWit to its code, and gain traction if it gains acceptance from the miners. Then, if it manages to become the first cryptocurrency to accept the scalable solution, it could rise in popularity once more (not to mention that transaction will be near instantaneous).

Nevertheless, Dogecoin is a great cryptocurrency being inexpensive and relatively stable, making it a great way to tip others or send micropayments faster than BTC at a fraction of the cost.

Looking forward to your opinion. Wink
although initially dogecoin is popular and desirable but with the increasing number of good coins I think popularity and demand will decline even bitcoin and other top coins feel the impact all proved by its present value being quite cheap even away from its highest price
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 05, 2018, 06:12:08 PM
Dogecoin has been my favorite alt coin for quite a long time. It serves as a good cryptocurrency for tipping others, as well as being a fun and inexpensive medium of exchange.

However, I'm worried what might happen to Dogecoin in the future, since it has been quite some time that no new version of the QT wallet has been mentioned, neither some innovation to keep it going for the long term.

It would become ideal for Dogecoin to add SegWit to its code, and gain traction if it gains acceptance from the miners. Then, if it manages to become the first cryptocurrency to accept the scalable solution, it could rise in popularity once more (not to mention that transaction will be near instantaneous).

Nevertheless, Dogecoin is a great cryptocurrency being inexpensive and relatively stable, making it a great way to tip others or send micropayments faster than BTC at a fraction of the cost.

Looking forward to your opinion. Wink

Dogecoin was started as a ‘joke currency’ in 2013 and its popularity exploded thanks to the popularity of Doge, its mascot. It is based on Litecoin and its quite similar to it from a technical standpoint.
Now Dogecoin is an example of what is being called as ‘dumb money’. The creator of the coin Jackson Palmer himself is skeptical about its progress. The fact that the coin which saw no technical development whatsoever after 2013, now has a market cap of about $2 billion, says a lot about the nature of the currency and the crypto markets.

“If a coin that hasn’t had development in multiple years can go up to $2 billion then it’s really a sign of the times” - Jackson Palmer (creator , Dogecoin)

As far as cryptocurrencies go, Dogecoin is not a wise choice. It was created as a joke and it will stay that way.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
July 05, 2018, 06:03:39 PM
Dogecoin is just a funny rofl-coin, which found some support from the community. At the time, a couple of years ago it was a good coin - low fees, high speed, easy to mine. But in 2018, I do not see a great prospect. Now there are many coins, much faster and cheaper.
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
July 05, 2018, 06:01:54 PM
Whatever it was, but I really like this coin. It is very convenient to send a large amount of capital from one exchange to another. Therefore, the commission is simply ridiculous. It's a pity that the dogecoin lose their former popularity against the background of new coins. Now a huge number of new coins and support the interest of the community is quite difficult.
Activity: 28
July 05, 2018, 05:59:14 PM
it will fall in price and you will be disappointed and it is best to invest in crypto projects like Socratus and this end
Activity: 126
July 05, 2018, 05:54:54 PM
Dogecoin is also one of the best like bitcoin. Although the name itself is a little bit funny because it was named  out of an internet meme.Dogecoin is doing great since it was created reason why it becomes pretty well-developed community.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
July 05, 2018, 03:05:07 PM
I think the dogecoin has no potential in the future mainly because of the supply of dogecoin so much that the price almost remains the same no increase or decrease. But dogecoin will always remain in the market because it's one of the first coins in the crypto market. first Dogecoin Has a big community, but I think it's gone now. So from that I say Dogecoin has no future.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005
July 05, 2018, 03:02:28 PM
Dogecoin has its community and it will always have their support. It will be pumped from time to time and it will be dumped over and over again. It won't die but it won't raise in value like other some other altcoins are.
'
i think that is the only reason why people hold dogecoin , a lot off people who mined dogecoin with their graphic cards mined millions of them and from that time that people earn a lot of bitcoin because the pump and dumps , indeed , great coin
Activity: 179
July 05, 2018, 01:32:51 PM
yeah I also like Dogecoin because of low tx fee and speed of the transactions . dogecoin will have a good future but I don't expect a big price increment because of it's unlimited coin supply system
Activity: 357
Merit: 130
July 05, 2018, 10:45:58 AM
as it seems to me, this coin is devoid of economic significance, since its code almost duplicates the code of Litecoin. besides, its price is full of unpredictability, and the prospect of a complete collapse is inevitable due to the actions of ill-wishers. yes, I do not argue, the image of this coin causes positive emotions, but it's only at a distance. in general, I think that he will not last long in the crypto industry.
Activity: 560
July 05, 2018, 10:20:14 AM
Dogecoin is a interesting coin, which was created for fun. I do not know how about you, but I do not take it seriously Tongue
Activity: 152
July 05, 2018, 10:19:51 AM
Dogecoin is one of the pioneering coin/altcoin in this industry, So I do believed that this coin has a good future waiting ahead for us. So I think it is still good to hold this in a long term
Activity: 158
July 05, 2018, 10:19:00 AM
I use this coin. Transactions are made very quickly, it is convenient when transferring funds to another exchange.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
July 05, 2018, 10:14:21 AM
No matter how I would like to believe that the DogeCoin project will be fine, I can not say this, because it seems to me that now the situation has started to change very much, maybe such actions clearly can not predetermine the actions of DogeCoin, but it clearly does not have prospects.
Activity: 24
July 05, 2018, 10:08:47 AM
I also one of the doge fans, it is one of the crypto currency that I don't need to count the 0 when I want to used, but the price and growth is not really good and the price has been falling down so low, there is some positive rising for this few week but still not enough to crank up the popularity
Activity: 420
July 05, 2018, 05:02:34 AM
The future certainly has every currency. Only it will differ in the duration of their survival in the market.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
July 05, 2018, 05:01:03 AM
I agree, the coin has a good technology, even though it's a meme. I would buy some of this coin Smiley
Activity: 502
Merit: 118
Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.
July 04, 2018, 02:02:35 PM
Dogecoin is a really good altcoin, once the developers behind the project can get together and figure out what it is that they want to do with their coin then the coin will start doing much better in the market. Coins like dogecoin have a lot of potential to do very great in the long term which is why they are good coins for you to buy and hold if you are into that

Last time I've checked, Dogecoin's fees were less than a penny ($0.01). This makes the coin extremely convenient for microtransactions across the world in a cheap manner unlike Bitcoin. When compared against other altcoins, it's one of the most inexpensive cryptocurrencies in existence. In addition, Dogecoin is extremely quick in transaction processing time, which shows that it could be well used in the real world without having to wait hours unlike Bitcoin. It's even cheaper than Bitcoin Cash itself, making it the ideal cryptocurrency for everyday payments.

So, even if Dogecoin doesn't have any development, or new features, it's still useful as a cryptocurrency and given that people are still trading it, shows that there's a bright future for this little coin. It may not rise to $0.01 in value anytime soon, but at least it's proven to be stable, solid, and useful. But I agree with you that once developers figure out what to do with Dogecoin, it'll perform much better in the market. Features like SegWit and Lightning Network (although not necessary now), will greatly boost the transaction capacity of this wonderful cryptocurrency. But it all depends if devs return to this coin or not in the future. Wink
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
July 01, 2018, 05:37:05 PM
Dogecoin is a really good altcoin, once the developers behind the project can get together and figure out what it is that they want to do with their coin then the coin will start doing much better in the market. Coins like dogecoin have a lot of potential to do very great in the long term which is why they are good coins for you to buy and hold if you are into that
Pages:
Jump to: