Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 52. (Read 101126 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
please add gpu selection option i really want to use this but can't.
Please be more specific describing the functionality you seek and the use case - we will gladly take a look Smiley
Not sure if he requires the same as me but I have 3 GPU's and only want to mine with 2 of them as I use the 3rd gpu for graphic intensive applications, which means I have to stop mining completely in order to do work on the pc, whereas if I could de-select a gpu then I could continue mining with two of them while I do my work on the third gpu which is not mining. Smiley
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
how long does a withdrawal to eth normally take?
Should be instant, after clicking confirm in the confirmation email.

If you encounter any issues - please reach out to our support team - support [at] winminer.com , they will gladly assist and help resolve   Smiley

thanks, will do that
Activity: 423
Merit: 105
Should be instant, after clicking confirm in the confirmation email.

If you encounter any issues - please reach out to our support team - support [at] winminer.com , they will gladly assist and help resolve   Smiley
Activity: 48

Most all of my ETH withdrawals have been completed within a few minutes after confirming the transaction from the confirmation email. I have not made a withdrawal post fork so I can't say if TX take longer than pre-fork.
looks really nice. I'll let some of my newbie miner buddies try it out.
Thank you!
 Smiley
i'm currently mining for more than 15 minutes through winminer (eth/dcr) and i dont see the live stats being updated (it does say connected! in a green box, but further nothing), it stays empty. also the balance is not being updated.
i'm 100% sure that the miner is running. are there any issues on the statistics? and am i still getting rewarded for my mining efforts? i will stop it for now until this has been resolved.

update: restarted my computer, tried again, and now it's updating.

ok, still seeing some weird things i think. i see the live tab working on the site now, but the statistics are not being updated (running the miner for 20 minutes now).
how long should it normally take before seeing any updates in the balance on the statistics page? running 7 1070s here.
Here is how it works (for now Smiley) - we are working towards a more frequently updated system.
1. Users' mining shares are being logged in our database all the time.
2. Users' balance (which is calculated based on all the shares data) display on the statistics page gets refreshed at least once per hour (at which time all shares data are counted and balance reward is being calculated for all users)
3. To help new users get better system acquaintance we enable a more frequent refresh rate of the balance data for new users (we are working to scale the system so we can enable this for all users).
4. Graphs are updated slightly less frequent than the balance - we are working on that as well.
Hope this clarifies  Smiley

ahhh ok! thanks a lot for the explanation i appreciate it. especially point 3 might be dangerous, because i did have the feeling that in the beginning it used to update more frequently, so i got used to that, then suddenly it's less frequent as i was used to so i had the feeling something was wrong. not everybody communicates, so this might be a point where people just stop and continue elsewhere. now at least to me it's clear.

is there any timeframe for adding new algos?

Totally agree - we are working on it   Smiley

Algos - thanks so much for sharing the extensive list of recommended algos. Though we can not commit to a date, we can say that new algos are in the works...

Please be more specific describing the functionality you seek and the use case - we will gladly take a look Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
The harder your life is the more meaning it has.
i'm currently mining for more than 15 minutes through winminer (eth/dcr) and i dont see the live stats being updated (it does say connected! in a green box, but further nothing), it stays empty. also the balance is not being updated.
i'm 100% sure that the miner is running. are there any issues on the statistics? and am i still getting rewarded for my mining efforts? i will stop it for now until this has been resolved.

ok, still seeing some weird things i think. i see the live tab working on the site now, but the statistics are not being updated (running the miner for 20 minutes now).
how long should it normally take before seeing any updates in the balance on the statistics page? running 7 1070s here.
Here is how it works (for now Smiley) - we are working towards a more frequently updated system.
2. Users' balance (which is calculated based on all the shares data) display on the statistics page gets refreshed at least once per hour (at which time all shares data are counted and balance reward is being calculated for all users)
3. To help new users get better system acquaintance we enable a more frequent refresh rate of the balance data for new users (we are working to scale the system so we can enable this for all users).
4. Graphs are updated slightly less frequent than the balance - we are working on that as well.

ahhh ok! thanks a lot for the explanation i appreciate it. especially point 3 might be dangerous, because i did have the feeling that in the beginning it used to update more frequently, so i got used to that, then suddenly it's less frequent as i was used to so i had the feeling something was wrong. not everybody communicates, so this might be a point where people just stop and continue elsewhere. now at least to me it's clear.

is there any timeframe for adding new algos?

actually eth is not that profitable anymore since the hard fork a couple of hours ago mining block reward went from 5 to 3 eth. so, at this moment it actually is more profitable to mine almost anything else over eth Smiley
Actually while the ETH reward went down,  its difficulty dropped sharply, at least for now, so there is a good chance you are now mining ETH  Smiley
It still won't mine ETH without disabling all other Coins. However I did look at the miner it's using and noticed it's using a dcri value of 100 to mine ETH/DCR which mines approx $7.07 per day. I changed config to show command screen and adjusted dcri down to 30 and it's performing as I would expect it to, earning $9.46 per day. Hashing went from about 13-14 M/Hs per card to 25-26 M/hs per card. Is there a way to manually adjust the settings for specific algos yet? Cause the ones WinMiner is using are terrible.
A couple of comments -
(1) WinMiner auto chooses the best performing dcri settings for ETH + DCR from the following options - None, 30, 70, 100
(2) Manual adjustment using a command line - this is in development. stay tuned  Smiley
(3) If you want to send us your logs we will gladly take a look to see what the issue is.  
Shortly after posting all of this my miner started to mine ETH+DCR constantly which it wouldn't do before.

Also, I uninstalled the previous drivers and finally installed the AMD blockchain drivers and the new MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 19. Must say I should have done it long time ago cause this thing is mining like a champ now.

Reset all benchmarks and let it run a new set of benchmarks and it's mining ETH+DCR @ 29.6M/Hs+889M/Hs per card. It all seems to be running well again.

Hallelujah!!  Smiley
actually eth is not that profitable anymore since the hard fork a couple of hours ago mining block reward went from 5 to 3 eth. so, at this moment it actually is more profitable to mine almost anything else over eth Smiley
Actually while the ETH reward went down,  its difficulty dropped sharply, at least for now, so there is a good chance you are now mining ETH  Smiley
It still won't mine ETH without disabling all other Coins. However I did look at the miner it's using and noticed it's using a dcri value of 100 to mine ETH/DCR which mines approx $7.07 per day. I changed config to show command screen and adjusted dcri down to 30 and it's performing as I would expect it to, earning $9.46 per day. Hashing went from about 13-14 M/Hs per card to 25-26 M/hs per card. Is there a way to manually adjust the settings for specific algos yet? Cause the ones WinMiner is using are terrible.

A couple of comments -
(1) WinMiner auto chooses the best performing dcri settings for ETH + DCR from the following options - None, 30, 70, 100
(2) Manual adjustment using a command line - this is in development. stay tuned  Smiley
(3) If you want to send us your logs we will gladly take a look to see what the issue is.  

Shortly after posting all of this my miner started to mine ETH+DCR constantly which it wouldn't do before.

Also, I uninstalled the previous drivers and finally installed the AMD blockchain drivers and the new MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 19. Must say I should have done it long time ago cause this thing is mining like a champ now.

Reset all benchmarks and let it run a new set of benchmarks and it's mining ETH+DCR @ 29.6M/Hs+889M/Hs per card. It all seems to be running well again.

A couple of comments -

Co-worker and I were discussing out WinMiner machines this afternoon and I noticed that neither of our machines are benchmarking or mining ETH although they indicate they are benchmarking/mining ETC. Is WinMiner mining Ethereum (ETH) or Ethereum Classic (ETC)?
WinMiner mines both ETH and ETC - its all a matter of which is the most profitable (taking into account the difficulty, price etc..) at any given moment... Smiley
How do we differentiate which one it's mining? I don't see ETH in my benchmark results or in the Job decisions. I can only assume it's mining ETC and never ETH.
Here is how it works:
1. The coin being mined is shown in real time on the WinMiner Interface
2. Benchmark results - Here we show the results for the most profitable coin per algo - in the case you described you were seeing ETC there and not ETH because it was, at that specific time, more profitable to mine than ETH
Hope this clarifies  Smiley

i always see it mining etc (dual mining with dcr) , even though according to current difficulty , current profit / current prices eth is more profitable.

Same, reason I started digging into the logs and posted on the forums. You can't tell me that over the course of 2-3 months that ETH hasn't been more profitable to mine than ETC at least once. For my miners to not have a single benchmark for the algo or price decision seems a little off. Right now it's mining EXP+DCR with est of $8.59 daily earnings. I can go straight ETH mining with an estimated $13.40 daily earnings, not to mention the additional earning from mining a second algo, SIA, DCR etc.

I'll clear benchmark results and see if it picks up ETH and mines that instead but I doubt it since it hasn't yet.

Co-worker and I were discussing out WinMiner machines this afternoon and I noticed that neither of our machines are benchmarking or mining ETH although they indicate they are benchmarking/mining ETC. Is WinMiner mining Ethereum (ETH) or Ethereum Classic (ETC)?
WinMiner mines both ETH and ETC - its all a matter of which is the most profitable (taking into account the difficulty, price etc..) at any given moment... Smiley
How do we differentiate which one it's mining? I don't see ETH in my benchmark results or in the Job decisions. I can only assume it's mining ETC and never ETH.
Here is how it works:
2. Benchmark results - Here we show the results for the most profitable coin per algo - in the case you described you were seeing ETC there and not ETH because it was, at that specific time, more profitable to mine than ETH

i always see it mining etc (dual mining with dcr) , even though according to current difficulty , current profit / current prices eth is more profitable.

Same, reason I started digging into the logs and posted on the forums. You can't tell me that over the course of 2-3 months that ETH hasn't been more profitable to mine than ETC at least once. For my miners to not have a single benchmark for the algo or price decision seems a little off. Right now it's mining EXP+DCR with est of $8.59 daily earnings. I can go straight ETH mining with an estimated $13.40 daily earnings, not to mention the additional earning from mining a second algo, SIA, DCR etc.

I'll clear benchmark results and see if it picks up ETH and mines that instead but I doubt it since it hasn't yet.

Awesome project but %3 fee very very high %3+%1 pool etc.. total %5 fee Sad

will you lower fee ? because really fee high
Thank you  Smiley

The fee is just 3%. No need to pay a pool fee (its included)

Our intention is to reduce the fee as the volume of WinMiner usage grows  Smiley
Here is how it works:

Pages:
Jump to: