Pages:
Author

Topic: Winner of this year, ETH or BTC? - page 29. (Read 5916 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 1
August 09, 2018, 05:33:35 AM
BTC is the first succesful cryptocurrency so it will taking the 1st place until altcoins become more useful
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
August 09, 2018, 04:03:51 AM
Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

Technology and cryptocurrencies as a whole are the winners because we are now one step closer to the mainstream adoption.
Activity: 62
August 09, 2018, 03:57:23 AM
Bitcoin is the leader of the altcoins, I wouldn't think ethereum will overpass bitcoin. When the bitcoin price suddenly falls the ethereum and other coins do the same but not always. I think they all depends entirely on bitcoin.
Activity: 78
August 09, 2018, 03:53:21 AM
The winner forever is Bitcoin, and the market has fallen all the way this year. Bit still maintains the highest value. After this bear market, the first thing that must rise is bitcoin. Let us wait patiently.
Activity: 187
August 09, 2018, 03:52:15 AM
This is of no doubt, bitcoin will forever take its leadership in the crypto market. So bitcoin will be the winner of this year over ethereum. The market is going down and down everyday ,leading to drop in the prices of all coins; same as bitcoin and ethereum. If you look the rate at which ethereum is dropping g in price, you will see that it will be hard for it to reach bitcoin price level again this year. Bitcoin price too is going down but it has a price dropping stability more than ethereum. Bitcoin is around $6,300 now while ethereum is around $374 , you can see that ethereum is very cheap to it. Bitcoin will still surely reach $30,000 before the year ends, whereas ethereum cannot reach more than $15,000 by then. So bitcoin will surely be the winner of this year, it will maintain its leadership in the crypto market.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
August 09, 2018, 03:51:35 AM
Start of 2018 year:
Btc price: 19 500$
Eth price: 1400$

Middle of year 2018:
Btc price: 6200$
Eth price: 350$

It is difficult to answer your question, while both Crypto-currencies fall proportionally, you can not single out the leader
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
August 09, 2018, 03:50:07 AM
For now there is no winner for me.
Everyone is losing in crypto investments.
Maybe BNB is the only one winner cause its still holding the value and looks very powerfull.
Activity: 464
Merit: 10
August 09, 2018, 03:49:19 AM
Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

My answer would be BTC. Although BTC has not improved much, they still run it. In addition, investors and whales often target BTC more and ETH is just altcoin forever in second place.
I still invest in Bitcoin and hopefully by the end of the year, its price will increase to $ 9k.
Activity: 98
August 09, 2018, 03:48:07 AM
Of course the winner is BTC, but Ethereium is good to!
Activity: 98
August 09, 2018, 03:44:44 AM
Undoubtly, I think that we have to give it to BTC. Despite the hurdles, it is still the top leading crypto for this year.
Activity: 148
August 09, 2018, 03:37:38 AM
Bitcoin has always been the most valuable cryptocurrency. It has never been surpassed. But Bitcoin and Ethereum have developed very badly in this year's market, and their prices have fallen very badly this year.
Activity: 129
August 09, 2018, 03:32:32 AM
the winner of this year does not yet have to think that even in general they may all try to lose value. I am looking forward to the end of the bull for ethereum.
Activity: 75
August 09, 2018, 03:31:03 AM
I don't think anyone wins this year because no one is a winner because of the decline in the encryption market. They are all going downhill, let us wait patiently. It's recovery.
Activity: 326
Merit: 100
August 09, 2018, 03:30:46 AM
Bitcoin will take a very long time to take the leading position among the crypto currency. However, nothing lasts forever, and the ethereum comes closer to bitcoin. However, in any case this year the situation will not change
Activity: 41
August 09, 2018, 03:27:55 AM
I think Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin in 2018. Ethereum's market capitalization and market capitalization is growing rapidly, much more than Bitcoin. Bitcoin, which is 80 percent of the virtual currency market, still suffers from a number of features. Ethereal - and not Bitcoin - is the future of smart contracts - the foundation for the future virtual currency market. The world has also emerged as a major market for Ethereum and valued it much more than Bitcoin, typically the Indian market. According to CNBC, Ethereal's search traffic is significantly higher than Bitcoin, with 34.4% by Ethereum and 29.9% by Bitcoin, from October 2017 to February 2018. In January, Weiss Ratings in Florida has published a report evaluating a series of virtual currencies based on a number of indicators such as risk, technological innovation and some other fundamental issues. This report is astonishing when no virtual currency is rated A and Ethereum even scores higher than Bitcoin.
Activity: 61
August 09, 2018, 03:25:15 AM
Depends what you mean by winner . For me, Bitcoin will always be a winner ... Etherium this year is very bad, the price is reduced and reduced
Activity: 48
August 09, 2018, 03:18:19 AM
I think it will be Ethereum. While the value of an Ethereal is far from Bitcoin, its market capitalization is much lower than Bitcoin's, its growth rate is much higher than Bitcoin. Beginning in Q2 / 2018 - the financial quarter is said to be for the growth of virtual currency, Bitcoin only slightly increased 42.84%. At the same time, the second most popular virtual currency on the Ethereum market has grown by nearly 90% and emerged as the biggest challenger to Bitcoin's top position. In addition, it is up to five times as much money as it can be exploited, as well as marketed over Bitcoin.
Activity: 41
August 08, 2018, 04:45:22 AM
I would assume that Ethereum will surpass its ancestor, it has a bright future. At least for this year, further Bitcoin will shoot with cannon power by the beginning of 2020.
Activity: 434
August 06, 2018, 07:04:56 AM
It seems bitcoin will always be the first, but it's too early to judge, because the end of the year is not yet soon!
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
August 06, 2018, 06:40:52 AM
I think actually no one is winner of this year because all prices was down and all coins lost own mass so we will wait to see who winner is.
Pages:
Jump to: