Pages:
Author

Topic: Wirex- Bitcoin Debit Card | Buy Bitcoin | Mobile Banking | Send Money - page 11. (Read 69281 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 12
I have a hard time deciding if Wirex sucks or if just their support staff is comprised entirely of fucking idiots.

Because of a Wirex glitch, they lost my money when I had a failed Revolut top up. Wirex keep blaming Revolut but Revolut never got my money in their accounts. I must've told this 5 times to the moron responding to my emails. I told her to let me talk to her manager or senior or whatever and she keeps responding. This issue hasn't been resolved and it's been weeks.

And NOW my Wirex account isn't even working because they're asking for proof of address... again. I say ok, fine, I'll upload a bank statement from TODAY, because that's one of the options available: a bank statement no older than 3 months. Then I get an email saying that I actually need to submit the proof I submitted before for proof of address. But the POA they accepted before was my national ID. And they say I can't use that, because I used it to reverify my proof of identity. They are fucking dead brain morons. They should bring back the live chat, cause they're nothing short of incompetent.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
Wirex Token (WXT) is now available on KuCoin, you can deposit now. Supported trading pairs include WXT/BTC and WXT/USDT. Trading will start at 18:00 on July 5, 2019 (UTC+8) and withdrawal will open at 18:00 on July 8, 2019 (UTC+8).
https://twitter.com/KuCoinUpdates/status/1146935953258418178

and now this token also added on coinmarketcap too
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/wirex-token
nice work team  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
Wirex Token (WXT) is now available on KuCoin, you can deposit now. Supported trading pairs include WXT/BTC and WXT/USDT. Trading will start at 18:00 on July 5, 2019 (UTC+8) and withdrawal will open at 18:00 on July 8, 2019 (UTC+8).

"we’re responding to overwhelming demand from our users for a native Wirex token"

Yes. All I've read on this thread for the past few years is people spamming 'where's the shitcoin? where's the shitcoin? WHERE'S THE SHITCOIN?'

So if I give them $5000 for their token I get zero fees. That sure is a whole lot of fees.
Activity: 445
Merit: 39
Activity: 450
Merit: 59
Wirex still have not resolved my problem. Since Monday.
They seem to have stolen from me, no response.
Is there somewhere I can report them?
Contact them on Twitter and tell them what is your ticket number, did that last time, they answer pretty fast on Twitter.

As I was saying.

I might be getting too old for this but checking twitter for issues you have with some kind of banking business is a bit...

This is crazy, imagine calling and emailing a business and since none answers having to go to tw or fb to contact support.
I can't wait for the moment I ask an employee in a superstore where the ice cream is and he would tell me to ask on TW their sweets department at #werunoutofgoodnamessuperstore33customerinfo

Couldn't they redirect all the staff that monitors Twitter to actually answer support emails?

I know, I actually agree with you. But this is the way I managed to get in touch with them quick enough.

I hate Twitter.

2019 sucks. Bring back the 2000s.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
Contact them on Twitter and tell them what is your ticket number, did that last time, they answer pretty fast on Twitter.

As I was saying.

I might be getting too old for this but checking twitter for issues you have with some kind of banking business is a bit...

This is crazy, imagine calling and emailing a business and since none answers having to go to tw or fb to contact support.
I can't wait for the moment I ask an employee in a superstore where the ice cream is and he would tell me to ask on TW their sweets department at #werunoutofgoodnamessuperstore33customerinfo

Couldn't they redirect all the staff that monitors Twitter to actually answer support emails?
Activity: 450
Merit: 59

legendary
Welt Am Draht
Wirex has an e-money licence from the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK. I don't know if that means much or is at all hard to get but that's the first place to look.
legendary
Blackjack.fun

You mentioned GBP so I assume gentlemand would know with whom to file a complaint in your country.

Here we have some sort of customer protection office but it does not have the power to address international matters so after they themselves figure it out you have been scammed they address some other entity and from there and 3 offices down the road they will finally contact the counterpart in the country where Wirex is registered.

If it's the same in the UK, and I assume it is, I don't think you'll solve anything this decade.

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

legendary
Blackjack.fun
Also, the card is still on and off in the app, exchange fails 9 times out of 10, deposits to the card 8 out 10...nothing like this happened in the first month I've got it. Maybe their system, as well as customer support, have failed to keep pace with the number of users.

I've never had an exchange fail myself. If it's not going to work the app doesn't give me the option in the first place.

In my case, I can always go to the exchange tab, select the euro amount, and then when the big button with "exchange" pops up and I tap it it it stays silent for 3 4 seconds then I get a notification that the operation can't be processed please try again later.
Recently I've seen that sometimes add funds to the card is disabled although I have funds to deposit but this doesn't prevent the same errors.

Lucky that with the increase in price I feel a little bit less anxious to spend coins when the next day it's up 10% so those issues are not troubling me for now.

Now on day three without a response from customer service.

From what I've read till now it's the usual, you either get a fast generic response that solves nothing or you wait for days and days.
Now on day three without a response from customer service.

The bitcoin that I tried to change appears to have been sent back to me, but I am unable to actually see it in any account, ie use it. What a farce.

Come on Wirex. Give the money back NOW!!!  This is not how it is supposed to work.

I will never ever use Wirex again.  Never.

Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Also, the card is still on and off in the app, exchange fails 9 times out of 10, deposits to the card 8 out 10...nothing like this happened in the first month I've got it. Maybe their system, as well as customer support, have failed to keep pace with the number of users.

I've never had an exchange fail myself. If it's not going to work the app doesn't give me the option in the first place.

This is now the 2nd time they have stolen from me.

That's never happened to me either. I must be better liked there than you.

I don't think it's going to be pretty if there's to be another bull run. It's buggy enough in the quiet times. If there are millions of people trying to pile in or out they're going to wilt completely.

I have been using the visa card regularly (day to day purchases) for approx a year now. Only issue I had so far was with contactless paying, which is sometimes scuffed and wants you to enter PIN :/

But yeah, considering all the bs on here and reddit, I would say that in case of bull run this is going to be nasty =)
legendary
Welt Am Draht

That's never happened to me either. I must be better liked there than you.

I don't think it's going to be pretty if there's to be another bull run. It's buggy enough in the quiet times. If there are millions of people trying to pile in or out they're going to wilt completely.
I tried to change a mere 60 pounds in Bitcoin on Wirex yesterday morning and it disappeared into a black hole. 'Failed'.

How convenient for them after I send my coins that the Euro/Bitcoin conversion fails and my Bitcoin is no longer available.

Support ignores me for 24 hours and then if I am lucky I get some bullshit reply.

Seriously seriously pissed off with these guys.

legendary
Blackjack.fun
What it says pretty much. Visa sets and asks for a password when you make an online spend. It's a unique password for the Visa splash screen that pops up. Not all websites ask for it.

I guess it's the 3D Secure/Verified by Visa (VBV) password for online payments.

Oh, the elusive verified by visa secure which I have managed to encounter only once and when I did it presented my with an option, if your card is not enlisted in the program ...blab bla
Of course, it might because I mainly use direct debit for utilities and for small purchases PayPal and etc.

And it seems even without this hassle the wirex card sucks at this cause I tried to buy a game yesterday for a test and although the price was listed in euros I again run into the conversion rates because the company was registered in NZ.
Never had this problem with a genuine visa and MasterCard.

Is anyone going to participate IEO (ICO) and get some of the WXT? Please elaborate why yes/no. Cheers!

Nope, no way in hell and it's another red flag on top of a growing pile of other flags.
Simple question, why would they need a ICO other than for cash grabbing purpose?
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Is anyone going to participate IEO (ICO) and get some of the WXT? Please elaborate why yes/no. Cheers!
legendary
Welt Am Draht
I think that it's handled completely independent from Wirex (it may be handled by the bank though. Contis?).
It should have been asking first for set a password (obviously) - OR (!!) - the newer 3DS handling is done in many places by sending you an SMS to your phone with the code.

You have to do some major research to find the contis name and there's no one else to turn to in this time of need so that makes it Wirex's problem. They're the ones with their name on it. Still nothing from them.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
What it says pretty much. Visa sets and asks for a password when you make an online spend. It's a unique password for the Visa splash screen that pops up. Not all websites ask for it.

I guess it's the 3D Secure/Verified by Visa (VBV) password for online payments.
Although I think that I've had such a password on the old (Wavecrest) Wirex card, I don't have on the new one, so if you have it, it may be related to higher amounts of money spent in online transactions.

I think that it's handled completely independent from Wirex (it may be handled by the bank though. Contis?).
It should have been asking first for set a password (obviously) - OR (!!) - the newer 3DS handling is done in many places by sending you an SMS to your phone with the code.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
I wanted to ask you about this, didn't have time at that moment forgot and the topic was never back on my watch list....
What do you mean by "verified by visa password"?

I once used it online just as a test to pay a one-month subscription but there was nothing like a second authorization or a password.
Just entered my info and it was done. Neither can I find anything like this in my app.

What it says pretty much. Visa sets and asks for a password when you make an online spend. It's a unique password for the Visa splash screen that pops up. Not all websites ask for it. I really don't remember setting one and I tried my usual password 2-3 times and then it gave me that locked message.

For the record Wirex have done fuck all so I'll ask them one more time and then I'm switching to Coinbase. If this is their idea of support and there's a major problem that's not reassuring.

Pages:
Jump to: