Pages:
Author

Topic: Wirex- Bitcoin Debit Card | Buy Bitcoin | Mobile Banking | Send Money - page 7. (Read 69281 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
If the balance on your card account is overdrawn, you will not be able to use it until you top up the account.  If your balance remains overdrawn for 2 months in a row, both your card and card account will be closed.

Remember, card accounts have an associated maintenance of fee of approximately $1.50, charged once per month.

They do have rules about this situation. The odd part is that they didn't notify about it.
I mean, their goal is to keep their paying customers...
Activity: 144
Merit: 2
They responded to my ticket and said that I had insufficient founds on my USD card to cover the monthly fee.

That's weird. Mine's been kept empty for months on end and they haven't said anything. I stick some money on there and disappear again. I assumed if you keep it empty the fees back up until it's loaded again. Seems onerous to keep freezing and reopening.

I had it empty for about 6 months before they closed it without a warning.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
They responded to my ticket and said that I had insufficient founds on my USD card to cover the monthly fee.

That's weird. Mine's been kept empty for months on end and they haven't said anything. I stick some money on there and disappear again. I assumed if you keep it empty the fees back up until it's loaded again. Seems onerous to keep freezing and reopening.
legendary
They cant deduct the money from my other cards or wallets indirectly.

That's not really unexpected. They keep all those "worlds" separated.

But I had no warnings or anything. I find it a little strange.

Quite shame indeed, since it's in their best interest. Maybe you propose them add such notifications (if they don't think that far). Or did you stop all their notifications?! (asking just in case).

Gonna order a new USD card.

Please let us know how it went. Also read up: you need this only if you pay a lot in USD, else EUR/GBP cards should be cheaper.
My Wirex USD card was closed on 1st of July without reason.
Anyone knows what is going on?

My cards are still active, checked their twitter and there isn't any other than normal complaints activity so probably it's your account only.
Assuming you have checked your mail already and there is also nothing there, contact them....and get some trail mix as you're going to have to wait a bit.

Ps.
I see you're from Romania, why do you use USD card? I had a discussion with somebody using both USD and EUR cards, he dropped the USD one because he was charged a lot extra than the EUR one for the same purchased amount.

I'm from Hungary BTW.
They cant deduct the money from my other cards or wallets indirectly.
But I had no warnings or anything. I find it a little strange.
Gonna order a new USD card.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun

My cards are still active, checked their twitter and there isn't any other than normal complaints activity so probably it's your account only.
Assuming you have checked your mail already and there is also nothing there, contact them....and get some trail mix as you're going to have to wait a bit.

Ps.
I see you're from Romania, why do you use USD card? I had a discussion with somebody using both USD and EUR cards, he dropped the USD one because he was charged a lot extra than the EUR one for the same purchased amount.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
If I register for a Wirex account will I be able to withdraw the funds from the Paypal to the Wirex account?

You mean fund your Wirex account with your Paypal account?

It says here that you can link accounts - https://wirexapp.com/help/article/can-i-link-my-wirex-card-to-curve,-paypal,-or-revolut-0238

I'm not sure whether that means you can buy BTC with it but at the very least you should be able to withdraw from Wirex to Paypal as is possible with Coinbase and others. Going the other way is risky for them so Coinbase won't do it, not sure about Wirex.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
If I register for a Wirex account will I be able to withdraw the funds from the Paypal to the Wirex account?
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Are they again in some maintenance mode or something?
Since yesterday I tried to finally get rid of the dust I had sitting there and exchanged 23E worth of BTC to euro..
Surprise, once exchanged there is no option to add them to my card!
The balance is showing up, it says I have 23E in my Euro account, 2.37E on my euro card but no way to move the funds.

In the web version the option "Add funds to Card" is shown but unclickable .
Activity: 1194
Merit: 573
OGRaccoon
Well I can't really fault Wirex so far I have made banking payments to them a number of times now with quick deposit's into the account I also have never had any issues with them when withdrawing funds or having refunds processed onto my account.

My only issue is there market price is off from the major exchanges if they could make a better price for there coins buying and selling I would say it would make the experience much better.

Been using them now for around 2 years without incident or issue.

Probably one of the best crypto to card providers in the market IMO but that's just my personal take I do know of others that have had issues along the way.

Keep up the good work Wirex.

legendary
Blackjack.fun
Just who do these guys hire for the marketing department?

This is the email I got today from them, in the notification alert on my phone only the title appeared:

Instantly I was thinking they are going down, didn't even bother checking the whole mail I went to the app to make sure I have nothing but small change on the card. Then I went to the mail and read that...seriously...do they think before sending those?
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

Ask the support to escalate the ticket I can't say I have had many issues with Wirex and the support are normally very good.

Best bet is to message asking to have your issue escalated to a team leader or management.

I can't visualise if they are a professional company they are not reading here
but
I think all of their people of support are in india or someone else in cheap countries and only have their instructions and no idea what is here...

Angry
legendary
Welt Am Draht
But this time they asked my income details.

I would instantly bin any service that asked that of me. It sounds like they had it in for you. I verified once a year or two ago and they haven't asked again.

I've paid for plenty of things through Paypal with it. I've never had a payment refused either. I did have loads with the Xapo card.
Activity: 68
Merit: 12
Something fishy I going on.

When did the problems start and how long has it been dragging on for?

I've found support pretty useless but relatively quick to respond to enquiries on the occasions I got in touch with them. The only crypto card provider I wouldn't assume was radioactive is Coinbase. Everyone else gets treated with some wariness.
I never really had problems, they would just keep asking to reverify. I did so many times. Maybe once every three months. But this time they asked my income details. I submitted them and then my account was closed, they then asked me to submit addresses for me to withdraw my funds. But the days are passing and my coins stuck lol.

They asked again and I provided documents, then my account got closed, reason withheld for security purposes...

Is your account closed for good, they've informed you they will not let you use their service any more?Because it's a big difference between suspended and closed.

Depends what is happening there, due to AML laws it can be a pretty long wait to get those funds, legally if indeed they have an investigation they can freeze those more than a year and it is little you can do. Maybe a complaint to the financial ombudsman would help you a little, you might know what is going on there but be prepared for a long wait.
At least it seems like you're in the EU, there are still some ways for people here to file complaints against them even after Brexit...

Seems these corona times lead to losses which they decide to make up with customers funds?!

Doubt that they shouldn't be affected by it, what worries me is that crappy token.

And, anyone updated their app today?
Just when I hit update, I received a phone call and when checking back the numbers are not loading anymore, they stay blurred like on loading but no matter how much I wait nothing changes.
I guess I'll have to reinstall it!

It's closed for good it seems. I'm not sure what triggered it. I might have broken their policy because with some online purchases the wirex visa card was denied and I used the wirex visa to pay through PayPal, other times I've topped up PayPal with the wirex visa card. I'm not sure if it's against their policy, they're not telling. I've heard from others I know they just close the account.

I took this to support escalations and see if they do anything, if not I'll have to file a complaint. At least I have proof I sent 0.3btc, they take 0.01 for deposit fee or something (ridiculous).

Some company should step up and offer worldwide service like this without this bullshit. All I want is a card to make online purchases and ATM withdrawals. I don't want my bank to know every damn detail about my whole life. I'm chained like a damn dog. I know coinbase is one of the more serious providers but no EU cards AFAIK.
legendary
Welt Am Draht

I don't want to in case it gets even more laggy than it is already. It's been like this for several months on two different devices. I genuinely have never had any other app that acts this way. The fact that's it's one that ties up my money is not arousing.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
They asked again and I provided documents, then my account got closed, reason withheld for security purposes...

Is your account closed for good, they've informed you they will not let you use their service any more?Because it's a big difference between suspended and closed.

Depends what is happening there, due to AML laws it can be a pretty long wait to get those funds, legally if indeed they have an investigation they can freeze those more than a year and it is little you can do. Maybe a complaint to the financial ombudsman would help you a little, you might know what is going on there but be prepared for a long wait.
At least it seems like you're in the EU, there are still some ways for people here to file complaints against them even after Brexit...

Seems these corona times lead to losses which they decide to make up with customers funds?!

Doubt that they shouldn't be affected by it, what worries me is that crappy token.

Just when I hit update, I received a phone call and when checking back the numbers are not loading anymore, they stay blurred like on loading but no matter how much I wait nothing changes.
I guess I'll have to reinstall it!

legendary
Welt Am Draht
Something fishy I going on.

When did the problems start and how long has it been dragging on for?

I've found support pretty useless but relatively quick to respond to enquiries on the occasions I got in touch with them. The only crypto card provider I wouldn't assume was radioactive is Coinbase. Everyone else gets treated with some wariness.
Activity: 68
Merit: 12
Something fishy I going on. I've used wirex for 1.5 years now and have verified and reverified a couple times. They asked again and I provided documents, then my account got closed, reason withheld for security purposes... It's taking a very long time to withdraw the 0.29 BTC I had in there... I was naive to build trust but so far they never stole from me. Seems I might lose big time for my stupidity. Where do I turn for legal action? I have proof I sent to my wirex Bitcoin address, I can't access the wirex account but it's in their registry. Seems these corona times lead to losses which they decide to make up with customers funds?!
legendary
The reason for them asking about docs probably is triggered by something else, suspicious bitcoin deposits, suspicious payments flagged by really bad calibrated filters or something else.

Quite unlikely, since Bitcoin is quite low I didn't top up the card for some months and obviously I didn't use it much also.
But indeed, I can't rule out anything.
Pages:
Jump to: