Pages:
Author

Topic: Wirex- Bitcoin Debit Card | Buy Bitcoin | Mobile Banking | Send Money - page 12. (Read 69281 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
Well, I have my first issue requiring support. The verified by Visa password has been blocked, not that I remember setting one, and they say to contact the provider to reset it. In quite a few places I can't spend online with it now.

I wanted to ask you about this, didn't have time at that moment forgot and the topic was never back on my watch list....
What do you mean by "verified by visa password"?

I once used it online just as a test to pay a one-month subscription but there was nothing like a second authorization or a password.
Just entered my info and it was done. Neither can I find anything like this in my app.

LE:
wtf???
I've just went to double check if I have something similar and instead of the card details I have a line with "order card"
 Shocked Shocked Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
Well, I have my first issue requiring support. The verified by Visa password has been blocked, not that I remember setting one, and they say to contact the provider to reset it. In quite a few places I can't spend online with it now.

Using the word 'password' got bot responses from support about resetting my Wirex password which is fully present and fine. Using the phrase 'pass word' to attempt to get a real person got a response about looking into it several days ago. Nada since.

I most certainly will never be indulging in anything that requires their potential intervention like bank transfers based on the uselessness on display.
Activity: 450
Merit: 59
Hi,
It's a shame I bump into this topic just after sending a bank transfer to my Wirex account. I hope it will be received without any trouble. Will keep you informed.
It's a new account, first time I use the bank transfer option.

Just thought I should write some feedback:
On Monday, sent a SEPA bank transfer to my Wirex account (1000 EUR), credited to my account on Wednesday
On Thursday, sent a SEPA bank transfer from my Wirex account to another account of mine, credited on my other account the next day (today, Friday).
So not too bad for a first experience with them. 
legendary
Blackjack.fun
PS. Maybe we should make (or revive) a thread about all these card providers? I'm not comfortable talking about the others in Wirex' thread, which was supposed to discuss about them and maybe them offering support (like sometime in the past).

I would be an idea since after the storm that took down most of them the whole sector is a mess.
I recently saw a post from OmegaStarScream about a list but I doubt it's really accurate

And yeah, we're discussing wirex, how better is than x and how it took 30 days to make a transfer which is 30 days worse than y  Grin

I don't know, is it so difficult to make such a business in a proper and nice way, getting all the good points from all the others?!

Seems like!
I doubt we're going to see a real good service until a real bank starts dealing with it.
Which would be.... Cry

Much depends on where you're at and local banking attitudes. The only reason I'm using this card is I want something completely removed from my banking. In the UK banks are all to happy to give you your marching orders if they sniff cryptoness. Using this card negates any possibility of that. Same goes for Mr. Fish's Revolut use. Revolut seem just as happy to meddle with you but if they shut you down it doesn't impact any other part of your life.

I have double citizenship in the EU and had a fiscal residence for two years in a third country.
Never have I experienced problems with banks, ING, BNP and AMRO and I might have once used Danske but I don't remember that well it.

But we share the same objective, I want crypto in one place that has nothing to do with my bank activities.

legendary
Welt Am Draht
I could top up a debit card instantly from my bank app and get a sepa from bitstamp directly to my bank, no need for ...whatever revolut call themselves.

Much depends on where you're at and local banking attitudes. The only reason I'm using this card is I want something completely removed from my banking. In the UK banks are all to happy to give you your marching orders if they sniff cryptoness. Using this card negates any possibility of that. Same goes for Mr. Fish's Revolut use. Revolut seem just as happy to meddle with you but if they shut you down it doesn't impact any other part of your life.

PS. Maybe we should make (or revive) a thread about all these card providers? I'm not comfortable talking about the others in Wirex' thread, which was supposed to discuss about them and maybe them offering support (like sometime in the past).

Wirex support is long gone from this forum but overall I agree, however the discussion of other cards on this thread usually springs from an aspect of Wirex's actions.

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I presume Revolut is being referred to. They're not a Bitcoin card and they have market FX rates. I don't trust them either.

Oh, f*** it!
If indeed it's Revolut then why the hell would I use it.
I could top up a debit card instantly from my bank app and get a sepa from bitstamp directly to my bank, no need for ...whatever revolut call themselves.

Eh, at least it's not minexpay

Yep, @gentlemand got it right, that was the one. And it's clearly not to be trusted. Now you know one of the reasons why I avoided the name.
My bank may not like SEPA from bitstamp; my bank would use "funny" exchange rates, even worse than Wirex.
Yeah, at least it's not Minexpay (and gosh, I almost got that too!)

I don't know, is it so difficult to make such a business in a proper and nice way, getting all the good points from all the others?!

legendary
Blackjack.fun
Be honest <>.

This is something I can't argue or agree with: PPPP
Has the heat wave hit the Uk too or you're again spending too much time on WOT ?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I presume Revolut is being referred to. They're not a Bitcoin card and they have market FX rates. I don't trust them either.

Oh, f*** it!
If indeed it's Revolut then why the hell would I use it.

Eh, at least it's not minexpay

legendary
Welt Am Draht
I'm low on caffeine and I have no clue why would you avoid posting the name here. It's not like you're spamming or advertising that card as long as we're pointing flaws and advantages.

Anyway, if you don't want to mention it so others might compare it to drop me a pm.

Be honest with yourself. I think you're just a little bit turned on by the cockblocking you're being subjected to. And there's no reason not to enjoy your sexytime.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Yes... But for the Visa card only for now, until I see a better alternative

legendary
Blackjack.fun
And what's the name of the "competition" ?
I remember you living also in the EU but I was pretty sure Wirex was the only bitcoin card left for us.
You may know the name already...

There are like 100 cards on the market, about 90 degrees outside, I'm low on caffeine and I have no clue why would you avoid posting the name here. It's not like you're spamming or advertising that card as long as we're pointing flaws and advantages.

Anyway, if you don't want to mention it so others might compare it to drop me a pm.

Got my issue sorted. Took them long enough... But it is sorted.

Glad to hear it, although it's almost a month for a 24h transfer.
Gonna use them again?  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Got my issue sorted. Took them long enough... But it is sorted.
legendary
I remember you living also in the EU but I was pretty sure Wirex was the only bitcoin card left for us.

"The competition" also has its own problems
- they are not 100% Bitcoin card, instead I top up via SEPA transfer from Bitstamp
- there are a lot of complaints about them closing cards without valid reasons, locking funds and asking for unreasonable amount of documents
But
- I didn't have problems yet and I've spent about 1500 EUR (total) in the last 6 months
- their FX rates are good, especially if conversion is done during working hours
- the card was not rejected in any shop yet
- the card/account is free (but each SEPA transfer costs 0.90 EUR @ bitstamp)

You may know the name already...
legendary
Welt Am Draht

The Coinbase card is on its way to the EU at some point. I've got one for UK use and it functions fine and links seamlessly with the regular balance. Fees are high at about 2.5% but they're less sneaky than Wirex.

Edit - https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/12/coinbase-expands-its-cryptocurrency-debit-card-to-europe.html
legendary
Blackjack.fun
And another thing,  4.12 euros spent at starbucks... 0.12 euro fee?
Yeah, I just "love" their "commission" over the FX conversion. At some point they were even claiming the FX conversions are free and they were still charging it.

That's why I use more and more the card of the "competition", since my country's currency is not one from the main EUR/GBP/USD list...

I'll be keeping an eye on fees after this.

I think I'm going to keep an eye on my balance and make sure it's as close to zero as possible.
I'm getting epassporte feelings over this "ICO".
legendary

Yeah, I just "love" their "commission" over the FX conversion. At some point they were even claiming the FX conversions are free and they were still charging it.
That's why I use more and more the card of the "competition", since my country's currency is not one from the main EUR/GBP/USD list...

Good point!
legendary
Welt Am Draht
Wirex IEO looks very interesting, would be better if it was launched on Binance but OKex is still good! Smiley

My main feeling is - ugh.

Anywhere with a token gets an automatic downgrade from me. And the talk of fee discounts is an extra turn off. I presume those of us who are not turned on by the idea will be paying extra to subsidise the token holders.

Wirex decided to conduct an IEO which will be held on June 26 on OKEx exchange.

Thanks for the info, no thanks for your links.
https://wirexapp.com/blog/post/the-wirex-wxt-token-is-here-0153

All my instincts are screaming scrap the card.

It's a shame I bump into this topic just after sending a bank transfer to my Wirex account. I hope it will be received without any trouble. Will keep you informed.

You might be lucky, you sent, not withdraw.
Giving them money might be easier than asking for them back Tongue

Yeah but I'll intend to withdraw soon after.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Wirex decided to conduct an IEO which will be held on June 26 on OKEx exchange.

Thanks for the info, no thanks for your links.
https://wirexapp.com/blog/post/the-wirex-wxt-token-is-here-0153

All my instincts are screaming scrap the card.

You might be lucky, you sent, not withdraw.
Giving them money might be easier than asking for them back Tongue

Activity: 314
Merit: 6
Hi,
It's a new account, first time I use the bank transfer option.
Pages:
Jump to: