Pages:
Author

Topic: Wirex- Bitcoin Debit Card | Buy Bitcoin | Mobile Banking | Send Money - page 2. (Read 69281 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
You are funny or a Wirex team member, the truth is this:

I doubt Wirex would still pay for shilling on forums, they are already getting enouhg customers through the referral links and just shilling there without fixing the negativity around won't do much.

I also ordered the new card two weeks!! ago once again by express ($15), I have neither received a tracking number nor the card.

Be ready for a two-month's wait from what I've heard on Discord, it's the quarter hour and the complaint there.!

Either Wirex is incompetent, is scamming me or simply has no more liquidity??

It's a crappy service with high fees but they are still offering one of the few reliable cards for some zones, like the EU.
So they don't have to scam, they just have to spend a few pennies on support, charge high fees, and so on to keep doing profitable business.

Should I give it a try to exchange 250 euros to wxt to get the min requirement or will I get just stuck with more wxt tokens?

Same situation but no longer an active user, I don't know, better ask around more, I wouldn't do it!
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2480
Wirex card is the best card From any other card that didn't have any fee at currency exchanges. Have the best rate that noone other card offer. I have check any crypto wallet.

Wirex card is the best

You are funny or a Wirex team member, the truth is this:

I have been happy with the Wirex card for a few years now, but since last year I think there have been problems at Wirex. Last spring/summer the cards didn't work for 2 months, the problem was fixed slowly and very late, but now I ordered a new Wirex card in January 2024!!! (normal delivery for $5) and it hasn't arrived yet. A fortnight ago my elite plan was deducted by 62k WXT tokens although I cancelled the elite contract a long time ago. I also ordered the new card two weeks!! ago once again by express ($15), I have neither received a tracking number nor the card.

So far, the support has put me off and refers to high support costs, which makes me suspicious, I get neither a card nor my tokens or the shipping costs back.

Either Wirex is incompetent, is scamming me or simply has no more liquidity??
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172
Privacy Servers. Since 2009.
Wirex card is the best card From any other card that didn't have any fee at currency exchanges. Have the best rate that noone other card offer. I have check any crypto wallet.

Wirex card is the best

For some reason I want to believe this total stranger with 0 merit (NOT!).  Grin
Activity: 29
Merit: 3
Does anyone know a way to use the wtx tokens? Other than buying plans?

Should I give it a try to exchange 250 euros to wxt to get the min requirement or will I get just stuck with more wxt tokens?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

Wirex card is the best
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
You still have funds there?
I got 75$ because I was in rush and the guy had only altcoins, I didn't have any altcoin wallet so I opened the wirex account and told him the deposit address but otherwise there is only a ton of dust there and of course their native tokens which I can't use unless I buy first a ton of them, it was something like 300 euros needed or around that number!

When I last deposited I didn't research and was surprised to see my card was not working.
And since it started working... bitcoin kept rising, so why spend?  Smiley
I may even renew the card if it's not too expensive, since the price rise covers that easily (and withdrawal fee is insane)
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Dead topic but I got nowhere to ask, do wirex card still work in Europe?
Physical cards not virtual ones,

They work for paying directly with the physical card in a shop, not the whole curve thing they used as a roundabout trick previously, don't know if it works for an ATM, not enough funds for such a thing. Worth mentioning, it was around the 10th this month so...who knows!
Go to discord better, they have a few mods there that can answer more accurately!

I have an older not-yet-expired Wirex card and I can tell that there's no easy answer to any of your questions.
My card didn't work exactly in the days I've needed it. But at some point I've made another test and then it worked.

You still have funds there?
I got 75$ because I was in rush and the guy had only altcoins, I didn't have any altcoin wallet so I opened the wirex account and told him the deposit address but otherwise there is only a ton of dust there and of course their native tokens which I can't use unless I buy first a ton of them, it was something like 300 euros needed or around that number!

Fees are insane now hardly worth using them now seem to have lost any edge cash in cash out still works which is good but dam they sting you on fees when you withdraw anything now. 

I never understood why would anyone use Wirex to cash out sums.
Just go for Bitstamp or Kraken or even Binance, Wirex is becoming garbage!
Activity: 1194
Merit: 573
OGRaccoon
Fees are insane now hardly worth using them now seem to have lost any edge cash in cash out still works which is good but dam they sting you on fees when you withdraw anything now. 
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Physical cards not virtual ones, with Binance dead I wonder what's left as an emergency cash grabber if someone knows one?!?!

I have an older not-yet-expired Wirex card and I can tell that there's no easy answer to any of your questions.
My card didn't work exactly in the days I've needed it. But at some point I've made another test and then it worked.
Officially they are migrating something (iirc their BIN numbers, hence probably the bank/provider) and probably the migration still has EU users affected (not migrated properly or at all).
A new card might work though, but keep in mind that the fees (official + hidden) are higher than Binance had.

About other providers.. I don't know, I didn't pay much attention. There are at least 2 threads on this forum about what other cards are available and probably other discussions about what cards are better for EU.
Activity: 29
Merit: 3
Physical cards not virtual ones, with Binance dead I wonder what's left as an emergency cash grabber if someone knows one?!?!
Bumping this:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/wirex-may-suffer-card-outage-eea-uab-payrnet-licensing-issue

So Wirex lost its EEA card provider, all physical debit cards in the EEA are out of order, virtual cards still work, or this is what people from Discord say.
16% at euro is incredible high.
Only nexo.io have Also this great %

Another red flag for anyone still having funds on this, I just opened the app for the first time in months and saw:
Euro 16% AER
USD 9% AER
Tether 16% AER
Ethereum 6.55 AER

Those numbers are just scary, I wonder how can they even advertise such returns, let alone pay for it.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Bumping this:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/wirex-may-suffer-card-outage-eea-uab-payrnet-licensing-issue

So Wirex lost its EEA card provider, all physical debit cards in the EEA are out of order, virtual cards still work, or this is what people from Discord say.

Another red flag for anyone still having funds on this, I just opened the app for the first time in months and saw:
Euro 16% AER
USD 9% AER
Tether 16% AER
Ethereum 6.55 AER

Those numbers are just scary, I wonder how can they even advertise such returns, let alone pay for it.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
So its not a safe platform to invest at wirex??
I didn't listen anything negative about wirex until now

Safe as not pulling an exit scam? Probably, since they make a shitload of$ on their fees and others' fees and extra hidden fees.
Safe as in not ever getting hacked or getting in trouble with their investment strategies the way ftx went? That's questionable.
Overall, investing in ridiculous APY on their website in some unknown shitcoins? Not safe at all!

I've been a wirex customer enough to be really cautious about them, one thing you should know from the start, it's almost impossible to contact someone and have a live chat with them, you will end up shutting down your laptop and going to sleep rather than trying to get ahold of a real customer support person. Second, all those advertisements on returns are really dangerous, not even mentioning they offer 50x leverage for their trading, an easy way to simply lose a ton in a glitch, and glitches do happen on their platform, I've been stuck with forever loading screens before even while just viewing my balance and not just once.

I'm not a fan of the biggest CEXs around but they are a better option than wirex.
Wirex is doing a good job at having a card and an easy way to top it up and spend, that works 99% great, the rest not really a thing.

Really only use wirex when I have no other option anymore not to mention I earned 5000 WXT tokens using the card which I can do NOTHING with.  can't sell em can't send em out. nothing so your earning WXT tokens that can't be swapped unless I have 80,000 of them minimum and they won't let me send them out to another exchange.

Just go earn the other 75k   Roll Eyes, I only need 65k with 4500 in the bank , so to earn 60000, which is around 250 euros, and at a 0.5% crypto back it means I need to spend around 50k euros with their card to be able to cash in my rewards, and not die and wirex not to go bankrupt by that time.

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org

I would put a bold question mark on it, since this doesn't look like an exit scam (unlike some recent services around here), but the whole issue with fees is just crappy and should not be happening on a good platform. There are a few other KYC cards services that don't have any sort of problems for now.
OGRaccoon
Wirex eat your money for fees. I bought some ETH and some LTC from Wirex paid a fortune in fees to withdraw the ETH and LTC before the fees were small maybe $1-2 but now they are $15 and this is not network fees because I checked the transactions and they paid the minimum fee for both the LTC and ETH withdraw.

Really only use wirex when I have no other option anymore not to mention I earned 5000 WXT tokens using the card which I can do NOTHING with.  can't sell em can't send em out. nothing so your earning WXT tokens that can't be swapped unless I have 80,000 of them minimum and they won't let me send them out to another exchange.

Service is going downhill and I wonder how many people will get stung by this new duo product they have released when services start offering "magic" yield it's time to make sure you don't any anything worth losing on the platform.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Is Safe to invest at wirex have 12% interest and not locked the money.

After all that happened with all those lending and earning platforms that have gone bust, why would you risk your money for that 12% when even if we're not talking about wirex going bankrupt that coin could go down 50% in value and wipe all the interest earned?

It was exactly this kind of crap, with the Duo accounts claiming 280% APY on some pairs that made me stop depositing a penny on wirex and using their debit card. This combined with the fact that I needed to first earn around 300 euros worth of WXT (so spending 60k with the card) before they would allow spending my "cashback" earnings!

There is no such thing as perfectly safe or profitable around here!

Ps, since I logged in on my account, on what they offer 12% on Earn accounts, I don't see anything more than 9%?

Any update about wirex?
Is Safe to invest at wirex have 12% interest and not locked the money.
OGRaccoon
Wirex blocking UK accounts randomly for up to 3 weeks.

Be very careful guys...

Activity: 714
Merit: 1298
Cashback 15%
Hi, I have got my Wirex card today and have a few sats on my digital account. Is there a need to  exchange those sats to  EUR prior to the card  usage   at POS?

Hi.
I hope that I remember it correctly. Go to cards and under your card see Linked accounts.
If Bitcoin is not shown as linked account and it's available to link, click the link icon. Then I think that you should be fine.

Thanks, spent part of my sats at POS in Austria. All of the purchases  were finalized in the  fractions of  second. Wirex card is functioning  at least at shops in EU countries. Worse luck,   I have very little bitcoins to test it at ATMs there.   NURI (former Bitwala), the second  BTC debit card in my pocket is  also good  when travelling in Europe.

~
I have had good experiences with Trastra after leaving Wirex.

Does Trastra allow BTC withdrawal to outer wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: