Pages:
Author

Topic: Wirex- Bitcoin Debit Card | Buy Bitcoin | Mobile Banking | Send Money - page 4. (Read 69281 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
I've noticed that the current Wirex card and Binance card have the same issuer (same BIN) and they're also rejected in the same shops.

I've never got a single problem with Wirex in shops inside the Eurozone, my trip to Bulgaria + Hungary that's another story although some were my fault.

I don't know why the hell I'm even thinking to keep it, I was thinking I could use it as a back-up when I'm away and I can't fund my standard card due to, whatever reasons, including the fact that there might be no open bank close to me or simply because I don't want to use it in some shady shop or ATMs cause I've seen some really shady ones in my trips I wouldn't stick ...anything...in there.

But since we're comparing it, how's Binance charging you for ATMs withdrawals in your country directly in RON(!?) ?
This one thing I hate on all those cards, I want a card with which I could go to any f** ATM on this planet, and if I want 100$ worth of currency charge me a maximum of 105%, not 20% just like my ING card does.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Is anyone still using the Wirex card?

Mine is still there. But not used. I have some ~4 EUR on it. If they still want to charge me after those are depleted, I'll tell them to f* off.

and I'm trying to figure out if I should bother with Wirex anymore.

I've noticed that the current Wirex card and Binance card have the same issuer (same BIN) and they're also rejected in the same shops.
So I have the same dilemma.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Is anyone still using the Wirex card?
I've got like ten alerts the cards will be closed in mid-March and that you must move your balance, bla bla, and the new MasterCard cards will be issued but still haven't heard of at least one guy getting his new card.
Besides it feels stupid to go and sign up on a waiting list to get our card, why not integrate this into the app and let people request one directly.

I've already placed two orders for two different cards and I'm trying to figure out if I should bother with Wirex anymore.
Oh, and their so-called community forum is a joke, same for the reddit, seems like there is no other place left than Twitter if you want to find something about them.
Activity: 144
Merit: 2
Finally I reached the support via the chat. They said it's gonna be reverted automatically in a few days.
Activity: 144
Merit: 2
Another interesting thing happened today when I paid with my wirex.
On the first try it showed me failure in payment. Then I retried it and it went through.
Then I looked at my wirex ledger and the specific amount has been spent 3 times!
I also asked the seller if he got the payment 3 times, but he says he only sees one payment.
So somehow the money for other 2  extra payments disappeared in the system.
I already wrote a ticket but no reply yet.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
this card will work in india?
Activity: 260
Merit: 46
Hello,

I'm afraid I was scammed by wirexapp. My Case is about 2 x 25000xml Lumen pending in 2 gohst transactions since January6th.  the coins where not providet to the blockchain as far i could find out due my research. The WireX support Department is just an NPC and the hole thing seems extremely strange to me. I would give 5000xml for anyone who help me releasing em from wirex.
Its all2crazy Sad

scum bags ! glad i didnt complete my sign up with them, shameful A Holes are swarming the internet these days from fake exchanges to debit card providers to just random scammers here and ther ! I hope you get your crypto back and they never use it !...
Activity: 1
Hello,

I'm afraid I was scammed by wirexapp. My Case is about 2 x 25000xml Lumen pending in 2 gohst transactions since January6th.  the coins where not providet to the blockchain as far i could find out due my research. The WireX support Department is just an NPC and the hole thing seems extremely strange to me. I would give 5000xml for anyone who help me releasing em from wirex.
Its all2crazy Sad
legendary
Blackjack.fun
Well, besides what others encounter while dealing with Wirex, fortunately not my case, again it's one of those times when there is a clear difference when it comes to the card where things are handled by Wirex and when by Visa.

Pay with a card, no problem! Loading funds on it? A different story.
Since around 9 am I've tried to convert some LTC so EURO, the screens keep on loading and loading and when you finally think you've gone passed then you get a  message that exchange is not possible and contact support. And when I tried one hour later (meanwhile of course getting a notification on how great it would be to use their services) the exchange was miraculously completed and then I've started the saga of transferring money from my euro balance to my card balance, which is still not done although now every option of moving funds though the app is blanked out, transaction history is stuck on 22 June, and yet just now, probably to piss me more I got another notification urging me to take advantage of the bull market. D'oh!!!!

Also, I've received something about the card top-ups (!?) being disabled but disregarded it since adding a traditional card to top up Wirex defeats the whole purpose of it. That being said I'm a bit curious to see if the members with problems with Wirex (counted 4 on this forum from the start of the year) are getting any of their issues solved and what will be the outcome.
Activity: 896
Merit: 508
I think I was scammed by wirex.
Looks like an exit scam!
They probably wait for Brexit to happen in 2021 and vanish.
They blocked my account for no reason and also blocked my card both with 2000 euro in them.
Without access to the account you can only submit a support ticket which is not answered for weeks now.
I see people everywhere started to complain about their service with many lost their funds completely.
Beware of that company! There is no one from their support anywhre neither on this forum.
Just do not deposit funds into Wirex!

Same thing happened to me today with about 15k on the account. What a shame.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
I think I was scammed by wirex.
Looks like an exit scam!
They probably wait for Brexit to happen in 2021 and vanish.
They blocked my account for no reason and also blocked my card both with 2000 euro in them.
Without access to the account you can only submit a support ticket which is not answered for weeks now.
I see people everywhere started to complain about their service with many lost their funds completely.
Beware of that company! There is no one from their support anywhre neither on this forum.
Just do not deposit funds into Wirex!
Activity: 1194
Merit: 573
OGRaccoon
I have had issues depositing to my forex broker from wirex as wirex send you a card with no actual numbers printed on the thing they don't accept them apparanty it would be very easy to print "other numbers" on the card and they cannot verify the payment because of the terrible card design by wirex.

pretty bad when you can't use a visa card to deposit funds to a trade broker because the cards are piss poor..

Disappointed wirex please issue NORMAL cards with embossed numbers not this cheap printed on crap that no one accepts.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
Is it allowed to use Wirex virtual/plastic cards to deposit to Bet365/other bookmakers AND receive money back on it?
After how much transactions do they start to "investigate"?

Well the bloke above was talking about it but it's prohibited in their terms and conditions - https://wirexapp.com/terms-and-conditions

Have a look down the bottom. Bit silly as it's perfectly fine with normal cards in many countries Wirex cover.
copper member
Activity: 52
Is it allowed to use Wirex virtual/plastic cards to deposit to Bet365/other bookmakers AND receive money back on it?
After how much transactions do they start to "investigate"?
Activity: 1005
Merit: 400
Have 3 litecoin in pending status since 2 days! And lot of people are in the same situation as me. This is just a warning !
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
I can't log in via the app either a few minutes ago. I've had this a few times in the past. I've always assumed they were flat out flakes so planned accordingly from the off.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Wirex is down app is unable to connect and the site seems to be down also.

Their twitter is most reliable in this kind of problems. They had "technical issues", now they're up an running, still, because of DNS propagation it may still not work for everybody.
As usual, everything tells that the things are ran there by amateurs, but that's not new.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 573
OGRaccoon
Wirex is down app is unable to connect and the site seems to be down also.

legendary
Blackjack.fun
And today 5 hours that is in manutention.
Wonder if being a visa card I can block the funds on the visa card before they run away.

Hmm, block what funds?
Visa is just the middle man between your account with them and a merchant or a payment processor.

Im waiting for a bank transfer from bet 365. I specify, already received previous month from bwt365 to wirex add without troubles. And about the same amount. Some thousands of euros. Not ten or hundreds of thousands. Received twice pretty quickly, now this third is much slow.

But I'm still interested in the fact you managed to withdraw in the past from bet365, I still have ~500, down from 650 back in January when I didn't get too much positive feedback about it and not really playing much as the horse racing season was destroyed with the virus stuff but I never tried to withdraw them, guess I'll keep playing till I have nothing to cashout ...

Activity: 606
Merit: 500
And today 5 hours that is in manutention.

Wonder if being a visa card I can block the funds on the visa card before they run away.
Maybe all will be right after manutention, but thinking bad in these time you're right most of the time
Pages:
Jump to: