Pages:
Author

Topic: Wirex- Bitcoin Debit Card | Buy Bitcoin | Mobile Banking | Send Money - page 24. (Read 69379 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
@Wirex, I have some questions again. And I want to make this clear, I don't want to force you reduce the fees, I just want you to check the numbers.

Basically the question is "how to understand the 0% fees, but wholesale rates at currency exchange?".

Hi! Thank you for the question and I apologize for the delay with answer.

Let me clarify this moment.
We state that Currencies are converted at a wholesale rate, provided by our bank. We don't charge anything on top of that, that is why Wirex FX Fee is 0% in our fees. And it is true.
However, our bank's rate is not equivalent the Visa exchange rate and the usual difference is about 3% that you can see in the numbers provided by you.
Hope it helps.

No problem, thanks for your time answering.
It does help and although I am still puzzled that the very small transactions get better exchange rate, I understand now that the difference may be at the bank's side too, not necessarily at your end.
Thanks again.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Hi, can you please take a look at ticket #259493? It's been 6 days already and I still haven't got a reply. Thanks.
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Hello,

I purchased something with my wirex card USD using paypal. However I can see Wirex charged me a randomly fee of GBP/USD why is this?

I sent USD and seller received USD and my card is also in USD.

Can you fix this?

Hi!
Please always specify your ticket ID or your account email. It will help to identify you and provide better help. Fortunately, I found your previous ticket ID and checked your transactions.
Your Paypal transaction was in GIP currency that caused double conversations USD->GIP->USD.
Please note that Paypal doesn't know the currency of your card and set it in their own way. In your case, they thought your card in GIP currency as the card issuing bank situated in Gibraltar. To avoid double conversations in the future and pay in USD for USD purchases you need to contact Paypal support and ask them to change the basic currency of your card to USD. Usually, they do it very fast.
Earlier it was possible to set the currency of your card in Paypal manually without contacting the support, but as I know, for now, they disabled this useful feature and you have to do it only by sending the message to support.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
@Wirex, I have some questions again. And I want to make this clear, I don't want to force you reduce the fees, I just want you to check the numbers.

Basically the question is "how to understand the 0% fees, but wholesale rates at currency exchange?".

Hi! Thank you for the question and I apologize for the delay with answer.

Let me clarify this moment.
We state that Currencies are converted at a wholesale rate, provided by our bank. We don't charge anything on top of that, that is why Wirex FX Fee is 0% in our fees. And it is true.
However, our bank's rate is not equivalent the Visa exchange rate and the usual difference is about 3% that you can see in the numbers provided by you.
Hope it helps.
Activity: 53
Hello,

I purchased something with my wirex card USD using paypal. However I can see Wirex charged me a randomly fee of GBP/USD why is this?

I sent USD and seller received USD and my card is also in USD.

Can you fix this?

legendary
Oh God

Was really looking to order this card but what people posting here is not good and I hope Wirex team will make there system more trusted

If it helps, I can tell that I've been using Wirex card already for some 3-4 months without any big issues.
No merchant refused it until now and all the small issues or questions I've had were answered or fixed in a reasonable time.
Activity: 48
Oh God

Was really looking to order this card but what people posting here is not good and I hope Wirex team will make there system more trusted
Activity: 48
I like it and I am going to try it out today and see
legendary

Let me elaborate, with numbers.

I've done some tests and the exchange rate for EUR-RON you use these days is 4.44-4.45 when my old bank gives around 4.54. That's some 2-2.2% difference which I cannot explain.
Somebody else made a calculation and the difference between your rate and VISA exchange rate is 3%.

Something else puzzles me even more. If the purchase I make is very small, under 3-4 EUR, the exchange rate becomes better (4.47 instead of 4.45).
So again, are those numbers correct, or am I missing something?

Thank you.
How long does verification usually take?
It took 3 days to me.
Activity: 490
How long does verification usually take?
Hello,

A couple weeks ago I purchased something on Paypal using the debit wirex card , the seller issued a full refund and paypal confirmed the refund has been sent, however I can't see still the money. Shall I open ticket or keep waiting?

Hello.

If 14-15 days have already passed you need to create a ticket by sending a message to [email protected] from your e-mail registered with Wirex. 
Hello,

A couple weeks ago I purchased something on Paypal using the debit wirex card , the seller issued a full refund and paypal confirmed the refund has been sent, however I can't see still the money. Shall I open ticket or keep waiting?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1082
I saw today that my virtual card has been blocked, why has it been blocked? i'm excepting a refund on that blocked card, will it be credited in my account?

You should contact their support to ask about the blocked card. It was probably blocked because of the incoming refund. If your virtual card is not fully verified and if the limits are on the lower end of the scale, then the refund might have hit your card's limit which explains the block.

Or, if unverified, the card is probably not allowed to receive refunds.

Or, if you have a Wave Crest virtual card and you are not a resident of their allowed countries, then this should explain the block. This list of countries was recently shrunk and restricted to residents of mostly EU countries (Turkey and Israel included). The rest of the world is excluded.

If you do not live in any of the countries below, then you should contact Wirex's support to ask about your refund.

Andorra, Austria, Bailiwick of Guernsey, Bailiwick of Jersey, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
I saw today that my virtual card has been blocked, why has it been blocked? i'm excepting a refund on that blocked card, will it be credited in my account?
Greetings,

On October 14, the cards in Ukraine were blocked. At the moment of the block, my card stored 352 dollars and I immediately opened a ticket asking for a refund. I was told that on 16th (Monday) all refunds will be finalized in BTC, but later on the support representative followed up my request by saying that the situation is complicated. He is still saying that nobody has a clue when the refund can possibly happen.

Dear sir, I am a poor Ukrainian chap and I need those funds. Can you make it happen or at least tell me something definite? This situation is irritating, and it feels like I lost 352 bucks just for being unattentive to one email about the card termination.

The number of my request is (251784).

I thank you and hope to see my money back especially taking into account the fact that I make 300 $ a year those days.

Dear Sokol66,
I understand your concern and please accept our apologies for taking it so long. There was a small misunderstanding and the delay because of that. However, the agent was right that the issue is rather complicated. On the 14th of October, all cards from unsupported countries were automatically unloaded. In your case, it didn't happen for some reason and we had to ask the confirmation from the bank about your funds.
The confirmation has been already received and your issue should be resolved soon. More details will be provided in your ticket.

Have a great day!
Activity: 1
Greetings,

On October 14, the cards in Ukraine were blocked. At the moment of the block, my card stored 352 dollars and I immediately opened a ticket asking for a refund. I was told that on 16th (Monday) all refunds will be finalized in BTC, but later on the support representative followed up my request by saying that the situation is complicated. He is still saying that nobody has a clue when the refund can possibly happen.

Dear sir, I am a poor Ukrainian chap and I need those funds. Can you make it happen or at least tell me something definite? This situation is irritating, and it feels like I lost 352 bucks just for being unattentive to one email about the card termination.

The number of my request is (251784).

I thank you and hope to see my money back especially taking into account the fact that I make 300 $ a year those days.
I was just reading an article on CoinSpeaker that you are in partnership with SBI holdings, what does it mean for the average user? should we expect seeing lower fees or more countries being supported?

Hi!

It will benefit all the customers in the future. Unfortunately, I cannot disclose how exactly yet.
Activity: 57
Merit: 24
How does Bitwala compare?

Bitwala is good. I didnt have to time to check it. But overall it should be somewhere on bottom with around 1.5%.

Generally there is huge group of debit cards that has 3-4%... (excluding FX fee is you need to withdraw in other currency) and runners up with < 2%
IMO xapo is worth mentioning, since it's very popular and as market leaders they didn't increase fee too much.

wirex will tell you that it differs on market rates blablalblalba, fact is that i did this test almost at same time on all providers websites, when market price was very stable Wink
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
How does Bitwala compare?
Pages:
Jump to: