Pages:
Author

Topic: Wirex- Bitcoin Debit Card | Buy Bitcoin | Mobile Banking | Send Money - page 19. (Read 69378 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM WIREX AT LEAST UNTIL THEY START PAYING SERIOUS ATTENTION TO THEIR OWN FAULT!

I am value customer with 2-3 years old account and I also had a periodical communication via email with their support team member Oleksii. I can speak really high about Oleksii, he did the impossible to return my money (a charge-back), because I was scammed exactly when WaveCrest and Visa terminated their agreement with the crypto world. So Oleksii is definitely a good guy but I was told in the last communication he moved to a different department.
Anyways, I have collected my plastic cards in person from the local post office recently, I had to do ID verification in front of the office clerk in order to receive the cards.
On 04.06.2018 I have opened my email and found 11!!! emails from Wirex, and basically here is the log:
"your account blocked", "your account unblocked", "your account verified", "your account unverified", etc etc 11 times!
I was in a panic and thought that was a phishing attack. However, I had to withdrawal funds from my local mastercard, so I took the wirex visa with me. Local mastercard (from a local bank) - no problem, Wirex Visa - contact you bank. I have sent like 2-3 tickets to Wirex, first tickets were all closed (very "professional" action).
Then I got a reply from Andrii ([email protected] (Wirex)):
"Andrii (Wirex)

Jun 6, 12:36 EEST
Dear Tsvetomir,

I have an update regarding your request.
We recently experienced local technical difficulties due to an electrical failure in our server circle,
The reason for your emails - the system was trying to reach accounts data and acted accordingly when it couldn't. Anyway, it was a prompt issue, only a little number of users were disturbed during this episode.
Thank You for Your curiosity.

Respectfully,
Andrii "
GUESS WHAT MY CARDS ARE STILL BLOCKED? I replied to Andrii, but nothing yet. So the system crash was on 04.06.2018, he sent me this email on 06.06.2018, now today *08.06.2018* my cards (all of them) are still blocked, quite obviously for no reason. This is what I call "excellent" customer service, if wirex cards were my main cards, I would end up homeless on the street together with my family.
Once again, I have nothing against Wirex, I had great experience with Oleksii (from the customer service team), but I am extremely disgusted, how they clearly stated their fault and did not fix it for 4 days leaving me with blocked cards.

P.S. Just some notes: 1) No contact numbers, so only email communication 2) Upon activation I found their "auto-scanner" system for the new cards is just terrible, I had it on my iPhone 7 and their own system read their cards wrong (like wrong exp date and such) like 5-6 times! 3) It might be in their TOS, but it was not like that before, after I have activated my plastic cards my virtual cards together with the old UK IBAN were automatically terminated, I had the UK card added to a couple of places like Amazon, Ebay, etc, now I need to change it, because they did not notify me about "this swap". Anyways I think it might be in their TOS, so I cannot be angry at them, but it will be good if they show you a notification.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001
1 little bug , when i load the BTC onto GBP card i get a failed transaction notice but actually the transaction worked.

Is that the BTC transaction to the card or a GBP transaction? Does the app tell you that or does the place trying to spend it tell you that? I'm about to put a fair lump on this card. I'd rather not get the willies doing it.

its when swapping BTC to GBP , it goes directly onto the card now. it was pretty obvious that the transaction had worked though if you just leave the page open.
Activity: 6
Please, could anybody tell names of Wirex founders \ managers? I can't find them on Wirex website
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
1 little bug , when i load the BTC onto GBP card i get a failed transaction notice but actually the transaction worked.

Is that the BTC transaction to the card or a GBP transaction? Does the app tell you that or does the place trying to spend it tell you that? I'm about to put a fair lump on this card. I'd rather not get the willies doing it.
legendary
loaded my GBP card and working fine at ATM and as debit card in shops. Shame the ATM limit is down to £250 now . Pretty happy with the exchange rate. 1 little bug , when i load the BTC onto GBP card i get a failed transaction notice but actually the transaction worked.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
PS. Last year I've bought fuel with Wirex... just I paid "inside", not directly "at the pump".

I could never get any of them to work inside or outside and that was in Europe and the US. I gave up and switched to cash. There is something not quite A1 with any prepaid card. 
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
maybe try at an atm first, see if that works?

I'll try that too tomorrow, thanks.

What type of transaction was it? Anything prepaid won't work when you're buying fuel in my experience, I really don't know why, and that goes for non crypto prepaid cards in every country I've tried it.

Elsewhere they may pre authorise even on an in person transaction and if you don't have more than what you're spending on the account it may not cover it.

I've had more than a few sites reject my old Xapo card. When I called up they couldn't tell what type of card it was.  

It was at a grocery store, which used to accept Wirex cards in December.
I'll give it another try tomorrow in a store and maybe also see at ATM.

Thanks for the answers, it seems that at least I didn't forget any step. If tomorrow still doesn't work, I'll go for their support ...

PS. Last year I've bought fuel with Wirex... just I paid "inside", not directly "at the pump".

Edit 2018-05-04: Today it worked in another store. Maybe because it's banking day, maybe because this time I used the card normally, not contactless. I didn't have to go to ATM.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
I also received yesterday and activated this morning my shiny new card. I've also put some EUR onto it (converted from BTC). But at the shop it was "rejected by the bank". Is there anything else I have to do?!
Did you make any other step?

What type of transaction was it? Anything prepaid won't work when you're buying fuel in my experience, I really don't know why, and that goes for non crypto prepaid cards in every country I've tried it.

Elsewhere they may pre authorise even on an in person transaction and if you don't have more than what you're spending on the account it may not cover it.

I've had more than a few sites reject my old Xapo card. When I called up they couldn't tell what type of card it was. 
legendary
ok i received and activated my new debit cards Smiley thanks Wirex.  Noticed my GBP card has a UK sort code and account number , can i use this for GBP transfers in/out???

I also received yesterday and activated this morning my shiny new card. I've also put some EUR onto it (converted from BTC). But at the shop it was "rejected by the bank". Is there anything else I have to do?!
maybe try at an atm first, see if that works?
legendary
ok i received and activated my new debit cards Smiley thanks Wirex.  Noticed my GBP card has a UK sort code and account number , can i use this for GBP transfers in/out???

legendary
copper member
Activity: 56
Please check ticket 403019 VERY URGENTLY!

Thank you!
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
legendary
I miss Michael's "touch" on helping with our support issues.
I have an issue that is taking way too long and I think that the ones handling it are not skilled enough and don't understand the problem.
@Wirex-E-Coin, can you please get Michael here? Please?
Activity: 3
Merit: 1

Do you have issues with Wirex ?

I most definitely do. They caused me a loss of around EUR 4000.

When they withdrew the  debit cards after the wavecrest issue, costumers  had their funds forcibly converted back to BTC. Which at that point was at 13222 EUR /BTC. No one is his right mind would have bought BTC when that high. But they did.

The decent, the ethical thing to do would have been to put the money into a fiat holding account, let the costumer decide if and when he wants to transfer back into BTC.

So I have no faith in wirex and will most definitely not ever do business through them.

Paycent is ready to issue their card next week. So that is where I am going.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Hello

Do you have issues with Wirex ?
I made a withdrawal to an exchange account on March 23 and it always in pending status    Angry
I created a ticket on saturday morning...no news during the week-end (I beleived that support was open 24/7)
I sent back a reminder on Monday and got this answer

Thank you for the feedback.

Please note that your case has been submitted to the relevant department for processing. As soon as I have gotten the resolution of your issue, you will be notified right away. In any case, I will keep you up to date.

Hope for your patience

Impossible for me to continue with this company if a simple 0.02 BTC withdraw takes more than 4 days..... (hope it arrives one day !) .

Nota: My account is verified and I had in the past a Wirex debit CARD.....

Very angry....
Activity: 270
Merit: 101
Is this project dead? I'm in one of the supported countries and according to wirex site virtual card should be instantly issued but it's second day and I'm still around 70k spot on waiting list  Undecided

Can you please point me to the list of supported countries?

sure, you can find it here: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000899593-The-list-of-supported-countries

And looks like information about instantly issued virtual card is misleading cause in latest mail they stated that it only applies to the UK for now:
Our virtual cards have now been released fully to the UK and the rest of Europe is soon to follow over the next few days and weeks!
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Is this project dead? I'm in one of the supported countries and according to wirex site virtual card should be instantly issued but it's second day and I'm still around 70k spot on waiting list  Undecided

Can you please point me to the list of supported countries?
Activity: 270
Merit: 101
Activity: 896
Merit: 1082
Info about partnership with Wirex you can find on Contis site
https://www.contis.com/

Nice find. Goes to show you can't really hide anything on the internet. They fiercely protect the confidentiality of their partnerships but as shown above, digging up that information is not impossible.

An initial contract of 3 years. Seems like they are treading cautiously, lest they lose their acquirer and issuer privileges. Hell hath no fury like Visa scorned.
Pages:
Jump to: