Pages:
Author

Topic: Wirex- Bitcoin Debit Card | Buy Bitcoin | Mobile Banking | Send Money - page 28. (Read 69379 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Thank you Michael for making that clear. This information regarding payments processed by PayPal is not stated on your site, the verification FAQ specifically states loading or unloading into a PayPal account requires verification which I took to mean adding or withdrawing from my PayPal balance to or from the card. It is not made clear anywhere that this includes debit card transactions simply processed by PayPal. If this was made clear on your site then I would not have even registered with Wirex as all I wanted the card for at the time was to buy from eBay.

One final question if I may, is PayPal the only common processor for online payments that users of unverified cards should avoid or are there others you know of which are also highly likely to trigger the suspicious payment flag?

I will watch this post and consider verifying the card for use in the future, not being able to use the card for PayPal processed payments would present serious limitations in use so verification is basically a requirement for virtual cards.
Activity: 287
Merit: 251
I will buy your altcoin leave me a msg .
I cant find any trusted member to exchange my bitcoin the alternative its to get one or  multiple  card, How many cards i can have?

Is it posible to withdraw 8000US/per day

my fund are from some domain names i sold.

Thanks for your reply
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Hello Pils,

I have already provided you the answers above and can only repeat them again.

Your ticket in work and if you have any additional questions you can ask them in your ticket. There is no sense to duplicate the same messages about your deposit issue in the ticket and in this thread at the same time.
As for your question about limits for unverified cards I also have already provided the detailed explanation that your payment is Paypal payment and you need to verify your account.

May I ask you – if you are trying to use Paypal have your read our FAQ about Paypal: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000599249-FAQ-about-PayPal ?
“Q. I want to link your card to PayPal, how can I do that?
A. Please find the detailed instructions in this article. Make sure your card is verified.”

As for your direct questions:
1)   How much can I actually spend in a single ePOS transaction on this card when it is unverified?
You can find the limits for unverified cards here: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001824585
Maximum transactions value is 800 USD/EUR/GBP

2) Can I use an unverified virtual card on eBay at all without verifying and if so how much can I spend?
No, you can’t as it is a Paypal transaction, not a usual online payment. Looks like in some cases such transaction can go through for some users (maybe it depends on the country), but our bank can block them as suspicious.
Just to clarify – card transactions are the responsibility of our card issuing bank and we don’t have access to regulate what card transactions they can state as suspicious for unverified cards.

3) Can I use an unverified virtual card via a paypal payment processor without it being verified and if so how much can I spend?
The same answer as in your second question - No, you can’t.

To make a long story short – You can use the unverified card to spend 800 USD/EUR/GBP for usual online purchases in any online shop, but you need to verify your card to ensure the payment through Paypal will pass successfully.

Hope it helps.

P.S. Our verification process is pretty fast now and I can help you to speed up this process to 1-2 days if you need.

2) The other pending deposit of 0.001 under ticket id 212906 has been marked as successful on my Wirex events page, but has NOT been added to my BTC wallet. My total BTC wallet balance is 0.007617 and it should now be 0.008617. Simple maths. I have replied to this ticket stating that but received no update on the progress of this ticket since it was first assigned to an agent yesterday.

Thank you for the ticket ID, your ticket in work now, please wait for the resolution.

3) My issue being unable to use the card on ebay is NOT resolved (id 211719). It was closed automatically without being looked at. This has royally pissed me off. I have received a notification this morning that this ticket has now been assigned after I replied to the automated email yesterday saying it was not solved. This has cost me 2 days sat here expecting my issue to be looked at, when in reality it never even hit a monitored inbox in the first place.

Your ticket was auto-closed as you chose one of the suggested automatic answers and was reopened after your next message.
For now, your ticket is closed with the answer of our support agent. If your issue wasn't solved you need just to answer on this message and ask for additional help.
As I can see the agent provide the correct article with the reason why your card payment can get declined: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001351885-5-reasons-Why-your-Wirex-card-can-get-declined
Please check the article and answer to the support agent.
The most usual issue is your card billing address not match the billing address in your merchant. And also the agent is right that verification is recommended as sometimes our bank can block some suspicious transactions for unverified cards. Your transaction is Paypal payment with unverified card that can be suspicious for our bank.
In other words, verification and matching the billing address solves 99% issues with online payments. The more detailed reason of rejection you can receive by asking the merchant.

In regards to the above:

I still haven't received my 0.001 to my balance. I realise its only a small amount, and now much smaller than when I deposited it, but I would still like it.

My billing addresses are 100% correct between Wirex, PayPal and eBay. I needed to make this payment quickly, though that window has now passed, so verification is irrelevant. I was testing things out to see if I was going to use (and recommend) the service.

I still fail to understand how my transaction which is within your advertised limits for unverified accounts can be deemed suspicious. You need to advertise exactly what amount it is possible to spend on ebay with the card in a single transaction. Without this information the card is useless for ebay purchases. What can be spent without it seeming suspicious to the bank? I know they can take $1, but that's a bit shit really isn't it?

I still only have your word to say that it will work if I was to verify with the bank. I placed my trust in the limits stated on the site that said I could make single ePOS transactions of $800 from an unverified account. Why should I now believe you and send you my personal information when you have so far only shown me that I cannot trust what I was told when signing up? Its a very odd situation, are you saying that the advertised limits are irrelevant as unverified cards are treated with such prejudice that you cant actually spend anything on them anyway? If paypal will not process unverified virtual card payments within advertised limits then who will? Where can I actually spend my money and how much of it am I allowed to spend at once?

So, for a TL:DR...

1) How much can I actually spend in a single ePOS transaction on this card when it is unverified?

2) Can I use an unverified virtual card on eBay at all without verifiying and if so how much can I spend?

3) Can I use an unverified virtual card via a paypal payment processor without it being verified and if so how much can I spend?

3 simple questions to which answers should be plainly displayed on your website. Can you answer them? If you can't then the unverified Wirex virtual card service isn't really useable.

Thank you for taking the time to speed up my support tickets and answer my posts, I appreciate the response.
Hi all and have a nice day!

@SERVERIA and @polancoroberto
your issues were solved. For more details please check the answers in your tickets.

@AtraxPool
You are welcome! Smiley

Activity: 2
Hello, I'm having this same issue with depostis to $US virtual card from paypal.
I received the money and it shows on card history, but not on card balance. So im forced to get in contact with support center.
I have cleared cache, tried different browsers, mobile app..

now i have $495 stuck

Any way around this bug?

Every time you have fixed in less than 48 hours... but is not the idea right.

Thanks
Activity: 84
Merit: 12
Block Hunting
My issue was resolved my account is now verified and managed to move my money with no effort at all.

Thanks for the support.

Hi, so tomorrow has come. Smiley A week later the funds still haven't been loaded. Any news? Any new ETA?

It was ETA from our developers but I don't know when the issue will be solved.
We don't ignore you and your ticket in work and when the issue will be fixed I let you know in your ticket. There is no need to create a new post every day - it will not speed up the process.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Hi, so tomorrow has come. Smiley A week later the funds still haven't been loaded. Any news? Any new ETA?

Frankly speaking I just don't understand if you confirm you have received the transaction, why you can't just fund my account with the amount transferred and then take your time and fix your bugs for weeks, months etc...

I'll try to explain.
Your deposit was received but wasn't recognized by our system automatically. It is a single unique issue and our developers need to fix it.
The reason why we can't just fund your account manually is your funds can be deposited automatically after that (your original deposit can be completed with the delay) and it will be doubled. So our fix will make the system pass your deposit to your account successfully and make this bug not happen again in the future.
To be fair they have just undegone large upgrades there, first there was update for the new bitcoin address. Which would take some time..

Thank you AtraxPool for your feedback and understanding.
You are right that after the last large release when we changed all our bitcoin address system there can be some issues (like some delays with deposits that were stuck during the address change), but very soon such issues will be completely solved and will not appear again.
In regards to point 1, does this mean that the Wirex blog post highlighted by Neurotic Fish here: https://wirexapp.com/important-note-unverified-card-limits/ is no longer enforced? There is no mention of anything in that blog post on the limits page, nor is it referenced from within the FAQs. This really needs answering, as if this is not the case I have some other problem with my newly acquired card preventing spending.
Yes, it was an old article and we will remove it soon. If you have any additional issues please create a ticket and send me in the private message ticket ID.

2) The other pending deposit of 0.001 under ticket id 212906 has been marked as successful on my Wirex events page, but has NOT been added to my BTC wallet. My total BTC wallet balance is 0.007617 and it should now be 0.008617. Simple maths. I have replied to this ticket stating that but received no update on the progress of this ticket since it was first assigned to an agent yesterday.

Thank you for the ticket ID, your ticket in work now, please wait for the resolution.

3) My issue being unable to use the card on ebay is NOT resolved (id 211719). It was closed automatically without being looked at. This has royally pissed me off. I have received a notification this morning that this ticket has now been assigned after I replied to the automated email yesterday saying it was not solved. This has cost me 2 days sat here expecting my issue to be looked at, when in reality it never even hit a monitored inbox in the first place.

Your ticket was auto-closed as you chose one of the suggested automatic answers and was reopened after your next message.
For now, your ticket is closed with the answer of our support agent. If your issue wasn't solved you need just to answer on this message and ask for additional help.
As I can see the agent provide the correct article with the reason why your card payment can get declined: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001351885-5-reasons-Why-your-Wirex-card-can-get-declined
Please check the article and answer to the support agent.
The most usual issue is your card billing address not match the billing address in your merchant. And also the agent is right that verification is recommended as sometimes our bank can block some suspicious transactions for unverified cards. Your transaction is Paypal payment with unverified card that can be suspicious for our bank.
In other words, verification and matching the billing address solves 99% issues with online payments. The more detailed reason of rejection you can receive by asking the merchant.

Hello.
Please be more patient. I understand your concern that many days have already passed without solving your issue and agree with you that it is not good, but your issue is unusual. We are working to solve the bug completely, that is why it will take some additional time. As I know the ETA is today or tomorrow.
I apologize for any inconvenience it causes, and appreciate your understanding.

Ok, thanks. Frankly speaking I just don't understand if you confirm you have received the transaction, why you can't just fund my account with the amount transferred and then take your time and fix your bugs for weeks, months etc...

Good thing I spotted today is that Wirex did send a notification concerning the upcoming maintenance yesterday. I was like wow I can't believe they're doing it finally...  Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 12
Block Hunting
To be fair they have just undegone large upgrades there, first there was update for the new bitcoin address. Which would take some time.. And also improvements as they have stated above.  I have a lot of faith in wirex and there platfom to me its the best and most advanced platfom offering this type of service and there app is fantastic, great design and simple to use.

I also welcome the 1-3 days for verification that really would be a game changer.

I also noticed that they will be having contacless payment cards soon. Which in the bitcoin world is a world first if I am not mistaken.

There support are good but they do take some time to get back to you sometimes and sometimes don't fully understand the questions being asked I also noticed that if you submit a ticket via the app 9 times out of 10 you will get first reply from one agent then the 2nd reply will be from someone else which I did find frustrating speaking to more than one person during A support ticket.

Keep up the good work wirex, I think this platfom will become the number 1 go to place for virtual and plastic cards.

PS they also accept altcoins! which I don't think gets advertised enough in the market place. and really is something that could be very usefull for those altcoin traders.

Hello.

Let me clarify some moments from your posts:

1. You can check our limits here: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207870815-Wirex-card-limits
They should be correct.

2. The list of the supported documents for address proof can be checked here: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207161719-How-and-why-to-verify-Wirex-account-
We are also working to decrease the time of verification to 1-3 days and now the verification process should be much faster than before (it was 5-7 working days before).
If there is any issue with the documents we send the message with an explanation.

3. As I understand your current issues were solved by our support team, but please send me the private message if any issue still persists and I will help.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

In regards to point 1, does this mean that the Wirex blog post highlighted by Neurotic Fish here: https://wirexapp.com/important-note-unverified-card-limits/ is no longer enforced? There is no mention of anything in that blog post on the limits page, nor is it referenced from within the FAQs. This really needs answering, as if this is not the case I have some other problem with my newly acquired card preventing spending.

Point 2 is not relevant to me at this time, I will not send any documents until I have confidence in the Wirex service.

Point 3 - my issues are not solved, please see below:

1) My first pending deposit of 0.007617 has been cleared and added to my balance. This was logged under ticket 211719 and is resolved.

So yeah, 1 out of 3 so far. I am most interested in hearing about the cumulative balance limits from the blog post. If those are still enforced (and not even advertised in the limits section) I will be withdrawing my BTC once my final 0.001btc is credited to my wallet. Until that's answered there's not really any point in looking into my issue with using the card. That ship may have sailed already.

Anyway, it appears my issues are slowly seeing some progress, though I am still not gaining much confidence in Wirex.

Hello.

Let me clarify some moments from your posts:

1. You can check our limits here: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207870815-Wirex-card-limits
They should be correct.

2. The list of the supported documents for address proof can be checked here: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207161719-How-and-why-to-verify-Wirex-account-
We are also working to decrease the time of verification to 1-3 days and now the verification process should be much faster than before (it was 5-7 working days before).
If there is any issue with the documents we send the message with an explanation.

3. As I understand your current issues were solved by our support team, but please send me the private message if any issue still persists and I will help.
Day 6 since my transaction to the Wirex BTC wallet went missing:

Hello.
Please be more patient. I understand your concern that many days have already passed without solving your issue and agree with you that it is not good, but your issue is unusual. We are working to solve the bug completely, that is why it will take some additional time. As I know the ETA is today or tomorrow.
I apologize for any inconvenience it causes, and appreciate your understanding.
Could be busy lot of updates going on there at the moment i see.

Haha this is laughable. Sounds like: "I called my bank trying to withdraw my money but they said they were busy renovating their office." What a BS this is.
Day 6 since my transaction to the Wirex BTC wallet went missing:

1. The funds are still missing. I'm not aware of where they are atm.
2. I have no information on what happened and why. What should be done to avoid such issues in future?
3. My Wirex account is unusable as I'm not sure my next transactions won't disappear too.

So basically no progress at all. I was contacted yesterday by a 1st level support agent who was trying to persuade me that I sent my BTC to a wrong wallet.  Grin After I provided the screenshots, proving the address is correct he promised to open an internal request with the dev team. Unfortunately, noone has contacted me until now. Still waiting, fingers crossed.
So, my first stuck deposit is now solved after being escalated "to the relevant team".

My second stuck deposit now says successful, but has not been posted to my BTC balance. Sneaky skim attempt number 2? I probably wouldn't have noticed with that small an amount normally. Probably a bit cynical to suggest that, but the sky is blue, the grass is green and if you keep hold of something hot you get burned. Intentional or not, I bet many people would not notice a small missing deposit. Sounds like a cheeky little earner, even if it is a genuine fault.

I've also just checked the automated response I got when opening my ticket about the card not working and found they have set all PayPal category tickets to be auto closed. I got this email instantly upon opening the ticket, so thought it was just the standard acknowledgment. I never considered for a second it was a notification my newly created ticket had been instantly closed. I've asked them to re-open my ticket and actually read it, lets see how that goes. Email is below, I'm fine with it right up until it says "Your current ticket status: Solved." If that's being done I would want it obviously stated in the subject field so it doesn't get missed, not slapped on the end of the automated message.

Anyway, it appears my issues are slowly seeing some progress, though I am still not gaining much confidence in Wirex.

Automated Notification PayPal | Payment declined

Wirex <[email protected]>
11 Sep (2 days ago)

to me
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Hello Matt,
Thank you for your email.

Due to the high load of tickets, we decided to send an automated reply with frequently asked questions about PayPal. Please read this article carefully and reply back if your issue is not covered or your question is not replied:
https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/articles/115000599249

Your current ticket status: Solved.

Best Regards,
Wirex Support team

Pages:
Jump to: