Pages:
Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 4. (Read 1483650 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
My god things get a little bumpy and quiet and people run around screaming the sky is falling, the world is ending.

This coin and project is FAR from being dead guys, stop posting that nonsense, it may have seen brighter days but every project has its ups and downs.  I SERIOUSLY doubt these guys would be going through all the work and hassle for a dead coin. 

No, you DON'T need 1000k coins to get into Slack either........why the hell do people continue to say that after it has been said a thousand times ANYONE can join the slack groups for both XC and block!

You guys running around saying this stupid shit are the exact reason they sought out another resolution to this forum.......and you just continue on. 
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Guys I really feel like XC has just completely dropped off all radars now.. This going onto Slack / own forum for me is a bit like protectionism pre WW1 - it ends up serving no one and harming the people who kicked it off.....

I can personally see no future for XC now, you can only go so low profile before you are just completely forgotten about...

Just my 2 penneth...

This.  Please be careful with this and all investments everybody.  Do not let greed cloud your judgement.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
so ... you expect "new investors" to get 1000 xc to join slack to see what going on?
sounds like a good plan ...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Guys I really feel like XC has just completely dropped off all radars now.. This going onto Slack / own forum for me is a bit like protectionism pre WW1 - it ends up serving no one and harming the people who kicked it off.....

I can personally see no future for XC now, you can only go so low profile before you are just completely forgotten about...

Just my 2 penneth...
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
Did you have a series of small stakes come in right as your wallet went out of sync? We have been helping people with sync issues in Slack and it seems that sometimes the client starts staking before it is synced and ends up on its own fork. It could be an issue with POS itself, not just with XC. Regardless, Dan is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Unfortunately, the only solution after it happens is to delete everything but your wallet.dat and start over. Transfer your wallet.dat to your desktop or some other folder for safe keeping. Then delete the /AppData/Roaming/XCurrency folder and re-install the wallet and resync the blockchain. It is very likely that you will need to exit the client and relaunch it several times as it redownloads the blockchain. It is not uncommon for it to stall out.

I had this happen to me also.  After deleting the files and letting the wallet sync, I had to run the "repairwallet" command in the debug window to get back the coins that were staked without being synced.

This can be done in the debug console in your wallet. Open your wallet and go to Help >> Debug Window >> Console and type in "repairwallet" without the quotes.
Activity: 462
Hey Everyone. I have been off the scene for about a month (lost internet). But I'm back. Glad to see things are still progressing.
I just received my TOR Stick. I checked the XC-official.com site, but there are no instructions on how to use it.
Anyone have a pdf or something they can share on how to work with this?

Get over to slack chat and you'll be able to find some help.

how do we get on slack chat?

http://goo.gl/forms/KCwFc6GFuz

Thanks man

I have not being able to properly sync my wallet for a week now.

It always shows downloading 14000ish blocks and i leave my wallet open for up to 8 hours try to sync with network.

When I reopen wallet, it shows that I'm downloading 14000ish block again. it just never finishes sync.

I have tried re-install my wallet. and also replace blkindex.dat file. But nothing works.

have anybody else have this problem or anybody knows how to fix it ?

Thank you guys

Did you have a series of small stakes come in right as your wallet went out of sync? We have been helping people with sync issues in Slack and it seems that sometimes the client starts staking before it is synced and ends up on its own fork. It could be an issue with POS itself, not just with XC. Regardless, Dan is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Unfortunately, the only solution after it happens is to delete everything but your wallet.dat and start over. Transfer your wallet.dat to your desktop or some other folder for safe keeping. Then delete the /AppData/Roaming/XCurrency folder and re-install the wallet and resync the blockchain. It is very likely that you will need to exit the client and relaunch it several times as it redownloads the blockchain. It is not uncommon for it to stall out.
Activity: 684
Merit: 10
Hey Everyone. I have been off the scene for about a month (lost internet). But I'm back. Glad to see things are still progressing.
I just received my TOR Stick. I checked the XC-official.com site, but there are no instructions on how to use it.

Thanks man

I have not being able to properly sync my wallet for a week now.

It always shows downloading 14000ish blocks and i leave my wallet open for up to 8 hours try to sync with network.

When I reopen wallet, it shows that I'm downloading 14000ish block again. it just never finishes sync.

I have tried re-install my wallet. and also replace blkindex.dat file. But nothing works.

have anybody else have this problem or anybody knows how to fix it ?

Thank you guys
Activity: 700

that was quick chaos
Activity: 462

Activity: 684
Merit: 10

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

Activity: 509
Activity: 364
@reebokass & gerdab,

A lot of us are in the same boat, but it is what it is. we just gotta wait. The updates will come when they are ready. The website is on its way, some has been posted on slack.

I agree it can get frustrating without getting regular updates but just hold tight.

...Or sell.
legendary
I don't see my username on the bottom right hand corner like you say when I sign in.  I looked in account settings/notifications.......under email preferences, there is only the option to send notification for "new direct messages or mentions of your name", nothing for new posts in a particular group or anything like that.

Uh... bottom left. Sorry.

username --> Preferences --> Notifications.

I must be blind or something cause I still don't see my username at bottom left either, I assume however the area you are referring to is - https://xcurrency.slack.com/account/notifications

If I am correct, then there is no option to turn on Email notifications for new posts as I stated above.

All good I guess, I will deal.
Activity: 686
Merit: 266
Reebokass: PLEASE sell your XC.

Your chronic negativity is a ridiculous pain in the arse.

Just get over it and leave.

he bought it for 150k/xc so he cannot sell now at 29k
we have right to shout out when we receive fatal blows  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Reebokass: PLEASE sell your XC.

Your chronic negativity is a ridiculous pain in the arse.

Just get over it and leave.
Activity: 364
you are saying that there are a few updates per week on slack Cheesy dont be kidding, last update few weeks ago, and Dan said that on friday (5th of DEC) we will have a new wesite, and later more updates.. today is monday, and we dont have any website and Dan isnt told anything.. in conclusion, we dont have any news except dropping price!!! whats new about mobile wallet and rev2.5?? answer: NOTHING.
legendary
I don't see my username on the bottom right hand corner like you say when I sign in.  I looked in account settings/notifications.......under email preferences, there is only the option to send notification for "new direct messages or mentions of your name", nothing for new posts in a particular group or anything like that.

Uh... bottom left. Sorry.

username --> Preferences --> Notifications.

legendary
legendary
Synechist......you hint that there is a way to be notified of new posts on Slack?!  This is the thing that troubles me the most with Slack!  I am used to staying up to date from my email notifications and cannot stand using my phone for crap like this when I sit in front of 2 HUGE monitors 14-18 hours a day.  Can this be configured in Slack?  I attempted to figure this out and could not.

Yeah, just click on your username (bottom right left of the screen) and click "Preferences" --> "Notifications."

One of the most useful features is the ability to set highlight words, so that if anyone mentions something, you'll know about it.

For more settings, head to https://xcurrency.slack.com/account/notifications as well.

Pages:
Jump to: