Pages:
Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 5. (Read 1483650 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Synechist......you hint that there is a way to be notified of new posts on Slack?!  This is the thing that troubles me the most with Slack!  I am used to staying up to date from my email notifications and cannot stand using my phone for crap like this when I sit in front of 2 HUGE monitors 14-18 hours a day.  Can this be configured in Slack?  I attempted to figure this out and could not.
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Is there a single update XC team? I joined Slack and there isn't much going on there either. The last post on XCtalk was posted three weeks ago. XC's twitter and Facebook page were last active during Sept/October. What on Earth is this silence about?

There have been numerous updates - a few per week - for the past month or so. This thread is being deprecated, and XCtalk has been effectively replaced by Slack.

Are you sure you've joined the relevant groups on Slack? - and do you get notified of new posts?

Lastly, if you own 1000XC then join the verified holders group. Chances are you'll get more in-depth news there.

Activity: 341
Merit: 250
Is there a single update XC team? I joined Slack and there isn't much going on there either. The last post on XCtalk was posted three weeks ago. XC's twitter and Facebook page were last active during Sept/October. What on Earth is this silence about?
Activity: 364
Ahh, someone deleted all of MCHAMMERs posts, I was about to reply with this..

Activity: 462
KimmyF wrote a nice MarketBot that is now in functional use in both the XC and Blocknet Slack teams.

It's just the first of several other useful integrations to come from XC supporters.

Join us today and enjoy the space we are creating.

http://goo.gl/forms/KCwFc6GFuz <--XC

http://goo.gl/forms/UkViMl2fKn <--Blocknet
Blocknet Slack is open for registration!

http://goo.gl/forms/UkViMl2fKn

For keeping up to date with Blocknet news and development, please join us on Slack today! All are welcome.
Activity: 364
Cheers fellas, my question is now, does my wallet.dat backup become invalid after each occurrence in which my node is used?

I would say, your backup becomes incomplete each time the key-pool is enlarged AND new addresses got some coins in them.
Never checked it in code but assume the XC qt also has a key pool of 100, maybe Dan can comment on that.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Key_pool

A discussion about this issue can be found here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/key-pool-feature-for-safer-wallet-backup-1414

I start mine with a large --keypool parameter to be sure i got a lot of addresses prepaired and included in my backup

Youre right, the XC qt has a keypool of 100 which is a great feature that prevented me from losing a ton of coins when my hard drive crashed and I didnt have a recent backup of my wallet.dat
Activity: 978
Cheers fellas, my question is now, does my wallet.dat backup become invalid after each occurrence in which my node is used?

I would say, your backup becomes incomplete each time the key-pool is enlarged AND new addresses got some coins in them.
Never checked it in code but assume the XC qt also has a key pool of 100, maybe Dan can comment on that.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Key_pool

A discussion about this issue can be found here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/key-pool-feature-for-safer-wallet-backup-1414

I start mine with a large --keypool parameter to be sure i got a lot of addresses prepaired and included in my backup

That is a good question indeed.

If the mixer splits coins up into fresh addresses as it mixes it would make sense that a new backup would be required with each mix.

I'm curious about this too...
legendary
Man that's a good question, wish I could answer for sure but I would GUESS that the transactions are stored on the blockchain so I think your backups are good UNLESS you add a new address, change your password or something like that.  When you create an address it is stored in your wallet.dat file, so you must always update your backups after adding an addy.....something I did not know for a while, fortunately was not forced to learn that the hard way:-)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
legendary
OK, turns out my active wallet.dat file was from an old backup, before the transaction(s) in question took place (I think).
A restore of the full ...\appdata\... folder from a recent version has fixed my woes.
Thanks for the rapid help from dev et al, turns out I'm stupid, maybe something can be learned from this (if nothing else keep your backups up to date & organized Grin ).

HAHA!  Not stupid at all man!!  We have ALL been there with this tech, who the hell could possibly keep up with it all?!

Just glad to hear you didn't lose your coins man.....I think perhaps though we can delete the post about xc being shit:-)
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The Buck Stops Here.
Do not get me started on profanity with propulsion around..

I'm just amused how 1000 coins can go missing. So much so that I'll taint my computer with your xc blockchain to try to sort it out. No trolling from me.  Wink

OK, turns out my active wallet.dat file was from an old backup, before the transaction(s) in question took place (I think).
A restore of the full ...\appdata\... folder from a recent version has fixed my woes.
Thanks for the rapid help from dev et al, turns out I'm stupid, maybe something can be learned from this (if nothing else keep your backups up to date & organized Grin ).

Good job dude. It did seem impossible; glad it worked out for you.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
10 ...9 ...8  Grin
Possibly a pebkac issue, I'll keep everyone posted...
Activity: 700
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
All I know is I'm down ~1kXC thanks to running an "autonode". Slack chat is highly inaccessible, sort your shit out here.

Highly inaccessible? send me your email and i'll Invite you in.

PM sent
dear junior member, i do understand your frustration with your learning curve. the gentlemen here are very keen on helping newbs work out unfamiliar tech. so please, be patient with all involved and try to refrain from profanity. not only is profanity
 unprofessional, cryptico usually gets the blame for it. and quite frankly, i'm not in the mood today to console him Sad
Activity: 756
This happened when a load of ppl, including atcsecure were in IRC testing various functions, mainly xchat across platforms. I was running as a node to assist this. Whoever asked how I just noticed this, the amount has only just recently disappeared off my wallet balance, with no action taken by me, as you can see below there were all kinds of fruity weird transactions flying around:

I assumed this was part of the 'normal' workings of a node, now it appears I am out of pocket big time. Maybe I've done something stupid, maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I'm totally baffled and as I'm sure you can imagine my confidence in XC has been dented big time.

The coins moved into another address on your wallet, otherwise they would have disappeared off your balance at that immediately

** edit **

and you can follow that amount as it gets processed & mixed

did you have any additional transactions AFTER that one?

also you continue to stake the same amount before and after it appears
Activity: 700
All I know is I'm down ~1kXC thanks to running an "autonode". Slack chat is highly inaccessible, sort your shit out here.

Highly inaccessible? send me your email and i'll Invite you in.

PM sent

Actually it seems I cannot invite people in anymore..Sorry Infinitechaos and g-bert are offline Arlyn also.  I'm checking if there is someone that can Invite you in.
Pages:
Jump to: