Pages:
Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 6. (Read 1483650 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
All I know is I'm down ~1kXC thanks to running an "autonode". Slack chat is highly inaccessible, sort your shit out here.

Highly inaccessible? send me your email and i'll Invite you in.

PM sent
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
All I know is I'm down ~1kXC thanks to running an "autonode". Slack chat is highly inaccessible, sort your shit out here.

Highly inaccessible? send me your email and i'll Invite you in.
All I know is I'm down ~1kXC thanks to running an "autonode". Slack chat could be made easier to access also perhaps  Wink
Activity: 978
Merit: 250
Trying what's been kindly suggested...I get the feeling I'm (XC) fucked.
Will refrain from further comment until all avenues have been tried.

Yeah I'd say you are. If rescan didn't pick it back up even after deleting the tx's and that address isn't in the wallet you're officially bent over with no lube.

Never seen a wallet do that though. If you'd like to, you can email me the wallet and I'll try to see what happened with it. (check my trust if needed)

pm me.

Thanks, I may well take up your kind offer. Would really like some 'official' word on how the hell this kind of thing can happen. Dan, I'm talking to you.
The input that you are missing came in, just before they were send out. Both match a regular anon transaction afaics. At least on my xmixer. In the end the balance match.
Are you sure we are looking at the right TX?

Yeah I'd say you are. If rescan didn't pick it back up even after deleting the tx's and that address isn't in the wallet you're officially bent over with no lube.

Never seen a wallet do that though. If you'd like to, you can email me the wallet and I'll try to see what happened with it. (check my trust if needed)

pm me.

Thanks, I may well take up your kind offer. Would really like some 'official' word on how the hell this kind of thing can happen. Dan, I'm talking to you.
Activity: 658
The Buck Stops Here.

pm me.
The Buck Stops Here.
This happened when a load of ppl, including atcsecure were in IRC testing various functions, mainly xchat across platforms. I was running as a node to assist this. Whoever asked how I just noticed this, the amount has only just recently disappeared off my wallet balance, with no action taken by me, as you can see below there were all kinds of fruity weird transactions flying around:

I assumed this was part of the 'normal' workings of a node, now it appears I am out of pocket big time. Maybe I've done something stupid, maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I'm totally baffled and as I'm sure you can imagine my confidence in XC has been dented big time.

Man XC sucks but that's not important.

If I were you I would do this:
Open up the debug window and unlock the wallet with
Code:
walletpassphrase 'YourPasspphrase' 60

Then do:
Code:
dumpprivkey XE93qiQx5kynyvz4xx9rtQvDxY1gdGAoeW 

If that address is in your wallet, it'll show you the private key for it. That means you have access to the funds but your wallet is stupid. If not, well, you're SOL.

If it does return the key, I would create a new wallet and send all funds to it and then import that private key into the new one with
Code:
importprivkey 'privkey' true

_______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________

Hypothetically, let's say none of the above works. What you should then do is launch the wallet with the flag
Code:
 --zapwallettxes=2  and then --rescan=1

If the above fails, well I would just sell everything because who would want software where 1000 coins get sent to an unknown non-controlled address.

Also, the transaction definitely happened; it's in the block explorer you're not forked, just probably fucked.
Thanks for the input so far guys, repairwallet hasn't made any difference.
"wallet check passed" : true
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Yes would like to know also if you have ran repairwallet and what happens when you do.

I am not the most knowledgeable with this tech, but is it at all possible that his wallet forked or something and that could be the cause of all the weird transactions?  Personally I would also try saving my xc roaming folder in its entirety to my dekstop and then deleting blockchain from my roaming folder and re-sync.  I have personally experienced this resolving similar issues, but am pretty sure they were all caused by my wallet jumping to another rogue chain.  Seen it with several different coins actually.

I suppose this doesn't make sense in this case as people have seen this transaction on the blockchain. 
Activity: 392
have you tried the commando repairwallet like cryptico suggested?
why did you waited for a month to post this issue, if I may ask?

Whoever asked how I just noticed this, the amount has only just recently disappeared off my wallet balance, with no action taken by me
See all those 'receipts' of 900ish in my screenshot, they made no difference to my wallet balance either.
why did you waited for a month to post this issue, if I may ask?
This happened when a load of ppl, including atcsecure were in IRC testing various functions, mainly xchat across platforms. I was running as a node to assist this. Whoever asked how I just noticed this, the amount has only just recently disappeared off my wallet balance, with no action taken by me, as you can see below there were all kinds of fruity weird transactions flying around:
https://i.imgur.com/zfswhaH.png
I assumed this was part of the 'normal' workings of a node, now it appears I am out of pocket big time. Maybe I've done something stupid, maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I'm totally baffled and as I'm sure you can imagine my confidence in XC has been dented big time.
for people who want to copy/paste the transaction ID instead of typing it:

f2c8ee9148bbf77124b4f78afd29ba71eabbe7080285c8b4548143eddaed0a20
Activity: 462

for people that wants to join slack without 1000xc can they just write to [email protected] ?

That is essentially what is carried out by filling out the registration form.
The Buck Stops Here.
I can't join your cosy little chat thing as I don't hold 1000XC as my wallet has decided to remove almost 1K from my balance, can anyone please explain this?
[img snip]http://

You can certainly join us on Slack. No ownership of XC is required to register and follow XC on Slack.

The 1000XC requirement is for the verified holders group only.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.32840
We can try and explain what may have happened if you can provide further details. Is there a transaction ID? Anything else you can tell us?

Hey, see below for more details, I believe this may be something to do with acting as a node, however at the time this amount wasn't deducted from my overall balance or anything, recently, seemingly randomly, it is now deducted from my wallet balance.

I'm going to say this is the address where your 1000 ended up at: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?XE93qiQx5kynyvz4xx9rtQvDxY1gdGAoeW.htm

In other words, you're fucked if you don't own that address. By the way, the transaction occurred on October 27th. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?Xa25U8Hq1crWdn1diBm43XSpe1RUqonqTi.htm How are you just noticing it now?
Did you try the repair wallet command?
I can't join your cosy little chat thing as I don't hold 1000XC as my wallet has decided to remove almost 1K from my balance, can anyone please explain this?
[img snip]

You can certainly join us on Slack. No ownership of XC is required to register and follow XC on Slack.

We can try and explain what may have happened if you can provide further details. Is there a transaction ID? Anything else you can tell us?

for people that wants to join slack without 1000xc can they just write to [email protected] ?
[img snip]http://

Hey, see below for more details, I believe this may be something to do with acting as a node, however at the time this amount wasn't deducted from my overall balance or anything, recently, seemingly randomly, it is now deducted from my wallet balance.

https://i.imgur.com/DYgniaA.png
Pages:
Jump to: