Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 466. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
Can someone explain the relationship between "your weight" and the "network weight" for XC ?

Also can someone explain why 50-500 is the best amount for staking ?

I see that many big wallet just stake 50k plus coins in one address. And some articles suggest that more coins generate more weight and therefore shorten the time before reward.

Can someone explain why ?

I look at it like solo mining. Your weight is your mining rig's hash rate. Network weight is like difficulty. Even though it says that your expected reward is in xxx minutes, it can still take longer than that. There is still variance just like mining.

For example, you are solo mining a coin and the calculator says that you should find a block in 3 days. But because of variance, you have a 99.99% chance of finding one in 30 days. Over the long run your average will be one block every three days. 
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
Why is the thread so inactive today?

Come on people do something.
*Pokes with stick*

Last days of summer.   Probably out enjoying themselves. Wink
You mean vacation right? I still have vacation until next week.

*Pokes with stick*

Yep! Huge holiday weekend in US starts Friday afternoon through Monday.
What holiday?

Labor Day
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

*Pokes with stick*

You mean vacation right? I still have vacation until next week.

*Pokes with stick*

What holiday?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Can someone explain the relationship between "your weight" and the "network weight" for XC ?

I see that many big wallet just stake 50k plus coins in one address. And some articles suggest that more coins generate more weight and therefore shorten the time before reward.

Because it's random and the more wallets you have the better chance you have of staking? could be wrong.

stake is 3.3% per year. that the amount you gonna get for 1 year of staking, its only random the times and amounts when you get them. from this point of view it doesnt matter the amount you stake in 1 wallet, you will get 3.3% interest for it in 1 year.
I relise it's 3.33% per year and i also relise it doesn't matter if you have one wallet with a larger amount or 7 with smaller because it's 3.33% of your total but the stakes are random so if you split them up you have a better chance of getting more frequent stakes,it just makes sense it's better odds, but anyways i said i could be wrong.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Because it's random and the more wallets you have the better chance you have of staking? could be wrong.

stake is 3.3% per year. that the amount you gonna get for 1 year of staking, its only random the times and amounts when you get them. from this point of view it doesnt matter the amount you stake in 1 wallet, you will get 3.3% interest for it in 1 year.

The benefits of having it in smaller chunks is that you can still move coins around without worrying about resetting the clock when you do need to move coins.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Traveling in subspace

*Pokes with stick*

Last days of summer.   Probably out enjoying themselves. Wink
Activity: 322

*Pokes with stick*

Last days of summer.   Probably out enjoying themselves. Wink
Activity: 361
So max number of XC coin is 33,000,000 coins?

I also am seeing signs of Generation one altcoins are dying.

*Pokes with stick*
Activity: 509
I think it's time to clean up brand names. Example:
http://www.xcurrency.info/
Activity: 518
Interesting 7k sell wall disappears as Muppets sold into whales buy orders, then bang he takes out 10k on the ask... Interesting
I actually sold some at 155k and bought back at 152k, so I made a little bit of profit.
Interesting 7k sell wall disappears as Muppets sold into whales buy orders, then bang he takes out 10k on the ask... Interesting
Ps hope Dan had a good break and is ready to rock and roller!

Amazing a coin like ours has been without a pool. Good work guys.
Activity: 252
THE XC DAILY UPDATE:

* New Multi-pool is in the works and should be open for testing by Sunday Night (This what I was teasing earlier)

* Minor REV2 Update available for download - http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/XCurrency_2.48a_RC1.exe
    - this minor update includes a status update for private transactions
    - start up splash image updated

http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/168-the-xc-daily-update/#entry1178

Great news!  A new multi-pool has been in high demand by the community and will definitely help with buy pressure.
Jump to: