Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 658. (Read 1484192 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

how do i get my key? Thanks..

Your public key?

Go to the "Receive Coins" tab.

Right-click on an address.

Click "copy public key".

Paste.

Thanks: mine is "buggy' when i try to paste in the public key to "to" address dissapears

Just a thought. Isn't the term "public" used on the XC platform an oxymoron?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Your public key?

Click "copy public key".

Paste.

Thanks: mine is "buggy' when i try to paste in the public key to "to" address dissapears

Are you trying to send a message to one of your own addresses?

legendary
Activity: 2310

I think the free stic should go to mr.random for donating what he did for the PR and such...

Lovely suggestion.

I'd say that if the community votes for this then we'd do it.

Or potentially just give him one in addition. ;-)

Yes he should get one in addition Wink
Activity: 165
Merit: 100

And in addition:

- When XC's Bitcointalk thread reaches 1000 pages, one fortunate community member will win a TOR Stick signed by Dan!

- Suggestions as to how to pick the winner are welcome.

Or we could use XChat to enter by sending some sort of judge a message...

I think you've got it.

On page 1000, an XChat address and pubkey will be posted.

Whoever I receive a message from first wins the TOR Stick!

I was thinking more along the lines of enter with XChat, then randomly chosen from the pool.  It's probably going to be like 3 in the morning around here when the thread hit 1000 pages...

It would be fair if with the posting of the XChat address a 24h period starts within everyone has the chance to partake by sending his forum name to that address.
And at the end a random community member is chosen.

Ok here's a suggestion:

- On page 1000 an address and public key will be posted.

- Everyone gets 24 hours to post to it.

- For Mac and Linux users, instead of sending a message they can send a micropayment to the address.

- After 24 hours I'll select one of the addresses, post it here, and the winner can claim ownership of it by sending another message with his/her username on it (or by sending a highly specific micropayment and then posting the amount on Bitcointalk).

How does that sound?

But how can you avoid one person to attend multiple times with a micropayment to increase his chances?

edit: if one posts his sending address here on the forum it would work
Activity: 478
Merit: 250

[/quote]

I think the free stic should go to mr.random for donating what he did for the PR and such...
[/quote]

+1

Your public key?

Click "copy public key".

Paste.

legendary

Lovely suggestion.

I'd say that if the community votes for this then we'd do it.

Or potentially just give him one in addition. ;-)
legendary

And in addition:

- When XC's Bitcointalk thread reaches 1000 pages, one fortunate community member will win a TOR Stick signed by Dan!

I think you've got it.

I was thinking more along the lines of enter with XChat, then randomly chosen from the pool.  It's probably going to be like 3 in the morning around here when the thread hit 1000 pages...

It would be fair if with the posting of the XChat address a 24h period starts within everyone has the chance to partake by sending his forum name to that address.

Ok here's a suggestion:

- On page 1000 an address and public key will be posted.

- Everyone gets 24 hours to post to it.

- For Mac and Linux users, instead of sending a message they can send a micropayment to the address.

- After 24 hours I'll select one of the addresses, post it here, and the winner can claim ownership of it by sending another message with his/her username on it (or by sending a highly specific micropayment and then posting the amount on Bitcointalk).

How does that sound?

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

Your public key?

Click "copy public key".

Paste.

legendary

Your public key?

Click "copy public key".

Paste.

And in addition:

I think you've got it.

I was thinking more along the lines of enter with XChat, then randomly chosen from the pool.  It's probably going to be like 3 in the morning around here when the thread hit 1000 pages...

legendary
maybe its rude though to exclude the guys who are unable to run the wallet, because they clearly need a Tor-stick the most.

Fair point too. Everybody stop posting until the Linux and Mac versions are out!

Apologies. That was facetious of me.
legendary
Activity: 2310
I cant get my wallet to synch, is there any kind of tutorial for newbs online? Havent had any problems with other wallets so far.

try deleting the old conf file and run wallet without it
Activity: 165
Merit: 100

And in addition:

I think you've got it.

legendary

And in addition:

I think you've got it.

I was thinking more along the lines of enter with XChat, then randomly chosen from the pool.  It's probably going to be like 3 in the morning around here when the thread hit 1000 pages...

maybe we EM/send our guess as to what the price of 1 XC will be at a given date & time.........?

down to the last satoshi of course....
on mintpal.....
as the clock strikes midnight on......
I dunno when.

Fair points... I might be asleep too.

In its favour though is that a bunch of messages in XChat would be immune to bias because they'd be anonymous, so I could draw a winner fairly.

Activity: 97

***The XC Daily Update***

- XChat is now on mainnet.

- XChat and private transactions are now merged into a single app (ahead of schedule as this was due for Rev 2.5).

- Freedom from coercive authorities can now be successfully exercised whenever you see fit.

]

And in addition:

Only one stick? That doesn't sound like multipath at all!  Grin
Activity: 95
maybe its rude though to exclude the guys who are unable to run the wallet, because they clearly need a Tor-stick the most.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I cant get my wallet to synch, is there any kind of tutorial for newbs online? Havent had any problems with other wallets so far.
Activity: 407
Merit: 254

And in addition:

I think you've got it.

maybe we EM/send our guess as to what the price of 1 XC will be at a given date & time.........?

down to the last satoshi of course....
on mintpal.....
as the clock strikes midnight on......
I dunno when.
Activity: 95

And in addition:

I think you've got it.

Jump to: