Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1592. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Alright so I tried my first Monero transfer from one adress of mine to another on my laptop. I used mixin count 3. I sent it about 10 min ago and it still hasn't showed up yet. How long does it usually take to get confirmed?

A minute, maybe 2. Variance on 60 second blocks isn't terrible, so I haven't seen a notably high block time yet.

First thing to check would be monerochain.info to see if it's been mined, just search for the transaction ID. If it is, then make sure you "refresh" the other wallet, and make sure you're caught up and in-sync with the network.

So my transfer still hasn't showed on the receiving computer but on the sender I have 2 balances. First a "balance" and then an "unlocked balance" which corresponds to the original balance minus the sum I sent. What's going on here? Appreciate the help.

Usually this suggests sending with an obsolete version of the client that uses too low a fee.

The solution in that case is to get the new software, restore your wallet using the keys file, and then resend.

Really appreciate all the help here but this is proving harder than I thought..

I re-downloaded Monero and installed a new version, synched the database and tried sending the transaction again. This time it worked but something strange happened. The 0.01 Monero I sent went through but there is also a pink transaction with the same transaction ID which is for 7 Moneros which has been deducted from the "unlocked balance". So to summarize my test send of 0.01 Moneros worked but an additional 7 Moneros (which I didn't send) seems to be stuck?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Hello, fellows. I've recently found that monero devs seize power over gitHub so they are able to do with the coin whatever they want (pump and dump is coming soon, IMHO)

Here is a conversation btw some davidlatapie and andytoshi - http://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/wizards/2014-05-06.html

andytoshi:   davidlatapie: also if you have not already, please don't mention this channel by name in the altcoin communitcy
davidlatapie:   andytoshi: I just did on #monero (I have the habit of quoting my source). I take good note on it and won't mention it again. I hope I am still welcome.

Troll harder bro.

Being a troll is fun sometimes. But I am quite serious right now. Doesn't that make you suspicious about their purposes?

What a wonderfully ridiculous post, what power are the devs seizing that they don't already have over the Github repository?

AndyToshi does mention a known potential issue with the PoW algo, but that's still being discussed and there are options to fix it if required.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Unlikely that these are all Bytecoin chills. Note that there are plenty of other shitcoins attempting to deliver privacy features (and failing badly). It's all good that they keep bumping this thread, but I for one, would be happier if they would just move on. Getting hard to keep up with this thread as it is...

Someone had questioned earlier on about a Portuguese crypto community: There's at least two of us, haha!  Wink
~ Myagui
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
oh god. here comes again the butthurt Bytecoin shills...

if you spend so much time on you premine coin at least it would have more volume than a few BTC...
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Hello, fellows. I've recently found that monero devs seize power over gitHub so they are able to do with the coin whatever they want (pump and dump is coming soon, IMHO)

Here is a conversation btw some davidlatapie and andytoshi - http://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/wizards/2014-05-06.html

andytoshi:   davidlatapie: also if you have not already, please don't mention this channel by name in the altcoin communitcy
davidlatapie:   andytoshi: I just did on #monero (I have the habit of quoting my source). I take good note on it and won't mention it again. I hope I am still welcome.

Troll harder bro.

Being a troll is fun sometimes. But I am quite serious right now. Doesn't that make you suspicious about their purposes?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Alright so I tried my first Monero transfer from one adress of mine to another on my laptop. I used mixin count 3. I sent it about 10 min ago and it still hasn't showed up yet. How long does it usually take to get confirmed?

A minute, maybe 2. Variance on 60 second blocks isn't terrible, so I haven't seen a notably high block time yet.

First thing to check would be monerochain.info to see if it's been mined, just search for the transaction ID. If it is, then make sure you "refresh" the other wallet, and make sure you're caught up and in-sync with the network.

So my transfer still hasn't showed on the receiving computer but on the sender I have 2 balances. First a "balance" and then an "unlocked balance" which corresponds to the original balance minus the sum I sent. What's going on here? Appreciate the help.

Usually this suggests sending with an obsolete version of the client that uses too low a fee.

The solution in that case is to get the new software, restore your wallet using the keys file, and then resend.

Activity: 300
damn, i want to re-quote myself

Current price and volume of BCN would be the best explanation for the behavior of some BCN butthurt in this very thread  Grin
Activity: 280
Who cares?

Troll harder bro.
Activity: 201
I don't think I've mentioned it here yet, but I've setup a small website devoted to Monero news, reviews, etc.

https://monerobase.com

And more recently, I'm mirroring the posts to Twitter at https://twitter.com/monerobase

Thanks!
Activity: 150

Activity: 280
Who cares?
Furthermore there is silent miners for botnets which you can buy only for 10$ on the forum for hackers.

That's very interesting.

What is also very interesting is how we have two separate accounts showing up to comment on it within a few minutes. The accounts were
created with a day of each other four months ago, and both have the same history of one line posts written with the same style.

What a coincidence!

Glad you sorted that out for us, I was about to dump all my holdings!
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Furthermore there is silent miners for botnets which you can buy only for 10$ on the forum for hackers.

That's very interesting.

What is also very interesting is how we have two separate accounts showing up to comment on it within a few minutes. The accounts were
created with a day of each other four months ago, and both have the same history of one line posts written with the same style.

What a coincidence!

Bume.  Smack.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

That's very interesting.

What a coincidence!

Activity: 166
Activity: 39
There is a lot of botnets that mine coins. And XMR developers don't deny that it's a true
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-a-secure-private-untraceable-cryptocurrency-583449
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Is there a simple guide anywhere on how to transfer Moneros?

What are the different values for "mxin_count" and what is recommended?

What do you put in the "payment_id" field etc?

What is the transfer fee?

mixin = the level of ambiguity you want to add to the transfer (ie. the number of signatures you want to mix with)

payment ID = an optional field, exchanges and merchants may give you a 64 character string to put in here

The fee is currently 0.005 XMR per transaction. This will change in future.

Thank you fro the fast reply.

About the mixin.. What is the standard number and what is the maximum number?

0-10

No standard number. Use 0 for non-anon transfers. I'd recommend 3+.

The higher the number the longer the transaction takes? Is that correct?

Not at all. It has no impact on the confirmation time of the transaction Smiley
It only increases very slightly the transaction size, so you might pay a little higher transaction fee (the price of increased privacy), but the difference at the moment is not significant.
Is there a simple guide anywhere on how to transfer Moneros?

What are the different values for "mxin_count" and what is recommended?

What do you put in the "payment_id" field etc?

What is the transfer fee?

mixin = the level of ambiguity you want to add to the transfer (ie. the number of signatures you want to mix with)

payment ID = an optional field, exchanges and merchants may give you a 64 character string to put in here

The fee is currently 0.005 XMR per transaction. This will change in future.

Thank you fro the fast reply.

About the mixin.. What is the standard number and what is the maximum number?

0-10

No standard number. Use 0 for non-anon transfers. I'd recommend 3+.

The higher the number the longer the transaction takes? Is that correct?
Jump to: