Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 284. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
It seems the only exchange still trading Zeitcoin is Cryptsy, all others displayed on the Zeitcoin website don´t have ZEIT listed anymore... Mintpal doesn't exist it seems Smiley, usecrypto and atomic don't have Zeit listed..

I wish to buy a few 100K Zeit, yet cryptsy will hold them for god knows how long, yet there seems to be no other. Not a good sign I must say Smiley I now have 100K, but I cancelled the rest of my order, cuz cryptsy's not going to mint Zeit with my Zeitcoins!!!

Any advice will be appreciated. Any member willing to sell 400K @ 0.4 LTC? (0.00000100 LTC)

Thanks!

Furio, enter the address of your wallet, it will send you to 400K @ 0.4 LTC. Smiley

LTC My address below:
LWi4b4ikBpatMPzvUoXVjjiED7bjjPGf4R
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
It seems the only exchange still trading Zeitcoin is Cryptsy, all others displayed on the Zeitcoin website don´t have ZEIT listed anymore... Mintpal doesn't exist it seems Smiley, usecrypto and atomic don't have Zeit listed..

I wish to buy a few 100K Zeit, yet cryptsy will hold them for god knows how long, yet there seems to be no other. Not a good sign I must say Smiley I now have 100K, but I cancelled the rest of my order, cuz cryptsy's not going to mint Zeit with my Zeitcoins!!!

Any advice will be appreciated. Any member willing to sell 400K @ 0.4 LTC? (0.00000100 LTC)

Thanks!

check out comkort.com friend at the ZEIT/LTC market

Don't forget LazyCoins & YoBit for Zeit/BTC
Activity: 535
Merit: 500

Thanks!

check out comkort.com friend at the ZEIT/LTC market
legendary
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Zeitcoin has 2*60*60 = 2h
Apexcoin has 24*60*60 = 24h
Code:
inline int64_t PastDrift(int64_t nTime)   { return nTime - 24 * 60 * 60; } // up to 1 day from the past
inline int64_t FutureDrift(int64_t nTime) { return nTime + 24 * 60 * 60; } // up to 1 day from the future

Zeitcoin
Code:
static const int64 nMaxClockDrift = 2 * 60 * 60;        // two hours

Clients with a (wrong) system time +/-1 day are able to confirm blocks. That's an issue.
An attacker has a big window for timejacking or whatever.

Blackcoin (New rules)
Past limit: time of last block
Future limit: +15 seconds
Granularity: 16 seconds
Expected block time: 64 seconds

Related:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7140466

I think we should change it:
Code:
static const int64 nMaxClockDrift = 5 * 60;        // five minutes

It's not the final solution, but it feels better, eh?

You Sir are a Genius!

Cool
legendary
I didn't know cryptsy has the Zeit wallets locked for weeks now. Any idea why that is?

Incompetence.

Maybe they mint a bit extra for themselves I guess Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
I didn't know cryptsy has the Zeit wallets locked for weeks now. Any idea why that is?

Incompetence.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Zeitcoin has 2*60*60 = 2h
Apexcoin has 24*60*60 = 24h
Code:
inline int64_t PastDrift(int64_t nTime)   { return nTime - 24 * 60 * 60; } // up to 1 day from the past
inline int64_t FutureDrift(int64_t nTime) { return nTime + 24 * 60 * 60; } // up to 1 day from the future

Zeitcoin
Code:
static const int64 nMaxClockDrift = 2 * 60 * 60;        // two hours

Clients with a (wrong) system time +/-1 day are able to confirm blocks. That's an issue.
An attacker has a big window for timejacking or whatever.

Blackcoin (New rules)
Past limit: time of last block
Future limit: +15 seconds
Granularity: 16 seconds
Expected block time: 64 seconds

Related:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7140466

I think we should change it:
Code:
static const int64 nMaxClockDrift = 5 * 60;        // five minutes

It's not the final solution, but it feels better, eh?

legendary
I am sure he's talking about the time drift (of clients). Has nothing to with POS.
Your client is valid one if he meats the 24h time window.
He wants to lower the time drift to 5 mins.

In simple words: If your system clock is wrong (<24h) you are a valid client to confirm blocks.

Thats why higher blocks sometimes have an earlier timestamp as the blocks before,.

Oh,
that would make more sense than the POS Rate.

Cool
legendary
I am sure he's talking about the time drift (of clients). Has nothing to with POS.
Your client is valid one if he meats the 24h time window.
He wants to lower the time drift to 5 mins.

In simple words: If your system clock is wrong (<24h) you are a valid client to confirm blocks.

Thats why higher blocks sometimes have an earlier timestamp as the blocks before,.
legendary
Centralizing is no solution, it's the contrary.
I did not post anything about this silly CPS idea.  Wink

But let us play with the time drift scenario.
I don't understand the advantage of it. Can anyone explain?

The wording time drift scenario is unknown to me also.
But I think it was meant to be about POS Stake Time.

Their time before POS stake is 24hrs, I think he intends to drop it to 5 minutes before it could stake,
which I think would make the problem worse not better.

Cool
legendary
Centralizing is no solution, it's the contrary.
I did not post anything about this silly CPS idea.  Wink

But let us play with the time drift scenario.
I don't understand the advantage of it. Can anyone explain?

legendary
Apex dev tries to fix the issue with a lower drift time. (24h -> 5mins)

Tongue
That is not going to work.
In Fact , will make it more vulnerable , also mentioned a checkpoint server.
Talked it over with chainz tech and he said centralized check pointing is not a solution (plus the checkpointing server is vulnerable to ddos and other exploits).

Cool
legendary
Apex dev tries to fix the issue with a lower drift time. (24h -> 5mins)
legendary
    • Network security - one way to achieve your goal of strengthening the network in the way that you suggest is to set a maximum amount of POS interest that could be minted by a single coin block - just like HoboNickels do. For example, any block above 5 million Zeit would not be able to mint any more interest than could be generated by 5 million Zeit, or whatever maximum figure might be decided in the future.
      Wink

If the security does become an issue later, your idea would deal with it, without requiring a % rate change.
    Well Done!

Thanks for that.    Cheesy

Cool
    legendary
    Mr. Bainbridge is back. It's a beginning  Grin

Cheers
    Activity: 163
    Merit: 100

.. dropping to 5% would have some positive effects, the value of your zeitcoins would rise faster as the exchanges will not be loaded with people selling their stake keeping the price per zeit lower. Plus it requires you to own more zeit to be able to stake the same amount and weakens any whales out there. Don't forget we got 1 whale with 4 billion coins at the moment.

Cool

Would like to recommend that everyone begin spreading their coins so they stake more times per day, as this will have a effect of strengthening our network without making any code changes.

Cool

I agree in principle with both of your ideas here for the reasons that you give.
    • Dropping the percentage ahead of schedule, at the right time.
    • Network security - one way to achieve your goal of strengthening the network in the way that you suggest is to set a maximum amount of POS interest that could be minted by a single coin block - just like HoboNickels do. For example, any block above 5 million Zeit would not be able to mint any more interest than could be generated by 5 million Zeit, or whatever maximum figure might be decided in the future.
      Wink
    legendary
    Ok,
     it is apparent from the posts that dropping to 5% 2 years early is not currently acceptable.

Zeit has a 20 day min POS rate verses apex's 24hrs , and that may make all of the difference needed to protect zeitcoins from such an attack.

So we can drop this discussion , unless more coins are attacked in the near future.

Would like to recommend that everyone begin spreading their coins so they stake more times per day, as this will have a effect of strengthening our network without making any code changes.
    I am going to use coincontrol and set mine to try and stake every hour for 20 days.
    If a lot of people do the same , it should block any potential attack.

Thanks everyone for being part of this discussion.
    Hopefully it will not be an issue.

Cool
    Activity: 163
    Merit: 100
    @ Kiklo
    Mmmmm ... I would respectfully beg to differ, but will leave it to the Knights to decide. In my opinion, simply dropping to 5% in the immediate future would be premature ... and will still leave potential security holes, but these are issues most POS coins need to address.
    Jump to: