Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 59. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
January 13, 2018, 05:21:21 PM
as per my view, it will risky to invest all of your money in one altcoin.I think your contribution should divide among some altcoin, so that when one is dump than another will pump and its will be better for make profit.
Activity: 112
January 13, 2018, 04:37:09 PM
I would put at least half of your money in Proven coins (BTC, ETH, Dash, Litecoin, Monero) and the rest I would put in smaller project.
Activity: 2
January 13, 2018, 04:05:22 PM
buy 33 dollars of 3 up & coming coins when they are priced at 1 cent, preferrably less. Even if 2 fail, when the other is priced at 2 dollars you will start making a profit.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
January 13, 2018, 03:52:44 PM
Yeah it’s risky, if you earn it will be great but if you lose your money it will be disappointment. Your gain would be huge but your lose too. If You venture your lose it can be worth a try. But still I don’t it’s a good idea invest in all your money just one coin.
Activity: 224
January 13, 2018, 03:29:54 PM
too risky but worth it sometimes...
the biggest investors took few risks like this when they saw something they like a lot
Activity: 625
January 13, 2018, 03:12:06 PM
It is not too good putting all eggs into one basket, I will advise that you split your fund into 3-4 different altcoins. You made a choice by finding this coin which you are keeping to yourself, which means you can make more research on other coins that will suit you to go for.
Activity: 14
January 12, 2018, 09:24:55 PM
If I put all my money in only one project I would choose Vechain. I have utmost confidence about this project. I'm sure we will see VEN in Top 10 this year. Right now %35 of my portfolio is Vechain and I'm very happy about my investment. I got great returns so far but this is just the beginning.

I have 100% in there lol
Activity: 52
January 12, 2018, 08:32:15 PM
It's better to diversify and more secure. Split your capital.
Keep some BTC/ETH in order to buy other altcoins
Activity: 663
Merit: 505
January 12, 2018, 08:29:26 PM
If I put all my money in only one project I would choose Vechain. I have utmost confidence about this project. I'm sure we will see VEN in Top 10 this year. Right now %35 of my portfolio is Vechain and I'm very happy about my investment. I got great returns so far but this is just the beginning.
Activity: 218
Merit: 11
January 12, 2018, 07:41:22 PM
It is beneficial as well highly risky. It's better to have a diversified plan and if you're willing to make an investment into particular altcoin you need to analyze and find how it's growing. Then need to turn everything to particular altcoin. Within a short need to get the profit through the growth and then need to diversify. The same routine can be done to benefit.
Activity: 14
January 12, 2018, 07:28:36 PM
I do it all the time, but I stare at charts all day, with risk comes great reward.
I never do it with shitcoins though, going all in on some shitcoin on an exchange no one has heard of is stupid and risky, don't be stupid.  Wink
Activity: 42
January 12, 2018, 07:25:00 PM
I think there is no risk it may make sense to invest in one altcoin if you do a good analysis
for example, investing only in waves will not be risky

The problem would be that the altcoin in which he has invested  could fall in price then could be better to diversify and decrease the risk of that way.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 04:24:26 PM
Experienced traders do not advise doing this. But sometimes I do it because I am completely sure of the coin I buy. It brings me big profits right away.
Activity: 214
January 12, 2018, 01:45:43 PM
Depends on the risk you like to take. I hold most in 1 altcoin because i believe the price is to low right now and with the right moves i can skyrocket.
But it is very risky, even though i like the team and the tech a lot can go wrong , but it will have the best returns to be invested big.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
January 12, 2018, 12:56:38 PM
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
Investing with all the funds we have in one currency is very risky, at least use some of your funds and keep the rest for the reserve because in our investments will not always have a straight path.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 12:41:31 PM
Of course it is! If that altcoin strats to go low you will lose lots of money. Always diversificate your portfolio
Activity: 2954
Merit: 683
January 12, 2018, 12:33:30 PM
Just split your capital depending on how much it is, if your capital is about $500 just split it into 5 coins so that no matter what happens to one of your coins like become busted you have another coins to look at. Investing in 1 alt coin is too risky because when the time that coin dump all of your money will be gone. Remember if you want to invest in some alt coins, you must study first the coin and if you feel the will coin will be successful in the future.
Splitting up will really reduce the risk on getting broke or suffer too much loss because you did decide go all in. It isnt really bad anytime but make it sure that you do know the risk behind it once the price dip down. You wont really able to recover up easily since you would really wait up for the price to recover not just like on splitting up which incase theres a loss you can easily make back up plans and recovery into another coin profits.                                                                                                                     
Activity: 406
January 12, 2018, 12:26:29 PM
Just split your capital depending on how much it is, if your capital is about $500 just split it into 5 coins so that no matter what happens to one of your coins like become busted you have another coins to look at. Investing in 1 alt coin is too risky because when the time that coin dump all of your money will be gone. Remember if you want to invest in some alt coins, you must study first the coin and if you feel the will coin will be successful in the future.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
January 12, 2018, 12:04:28 PM
Because you investment is not high for crypto world it is a way to increase your balance for a while. If you believe in this project it is quite ok to all in one.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
January 12, 2018, 11:57:08 AM
Why ? Its too risky..always diversify your investment. Dont put your egg in one basket.
It depends. IF OP want to buy bitcoin, ether, monero ETC then he should go all in. If he want to try different approach then he should spread funds in lots cheap low cap altcoins which are few cents up to maximal value of half dollar.
That's a terrible advice!
Investing is risky, period!
Investing in crypto is very risky, period!
Investing in a single crypto coin is just silly, period!
So what are you doing here?

I'm taking risks! But definitively not betting everything in a single asset...
Pages:
Jump to: