Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN - page 77. (Read 283116 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
I like your topic title LOL
I need to see what is the difference between this and snowballs though..

i came by because i seen sentries deleted from this topic an hour ago on the snowballs ANN

i don't see much point in trying to use this place anymore with severe random topic deletions going on more and more..
and is it mprep ? because global mods and theymos etc can stomp in here doing what they want too right ?

screw this place !
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Just finished running the first round of tests and I can say I am very pleased with the initial results. Confident enough to already post this

The Snowball staking hardware will now come ready to stake for both Maieuticoin and Snowballs and are able to stake both coins simultaneously. These units will remain purchasable with either M or BTC until December 5th. After that date, orders will be accepted in Maieuticoin only
Do you have an indication of price for the staking HW?
BTW, someone not interested in the snowball enclosure design can use his own RasPi B+?

http://www.mmxivcoin.com/snowball.html
Activity: 595
Merit: 500
Just finished running the first round of tests and I can say I am very pleased with the initial results. Confident enough to already post this

The Snowball staking hardware will now come ready to stake for both Maieuticoin and Snowballs and are able to stake both coins simultaneously. These units will remain purchasable with either M or BTC until December 5th. After that date, orders will be accepted in Maieuticoin only
Do you have an indication of price for the staking HW?
BTW, someone not interested in the snowball enclosure design can use his own RasPi B+?
legendary
BALLS also has nothing to do with the anonymous chain we were talking about allowing a switch from M to. That project is on the backburner for now since we started development on the Snowball hardware
legendary

Activity: 532
...originally the plan was to exchange them for a new coin, but that was cancelled, so besides
staking, what can we expect for the future?

well... once again : you asked this and it's now been 2 days iGotSpots is avoiding to answer to that simple question...  Angry
that's really dumb.

3 days ago, i asked the same legit question on the irc channel to iGotSpots and after waiting for an answer for a while, he finally told me that there is nothing to expect.

i would like this project going somewhere as i hold a good quantity, but seems like this guy go from one coin to another since over a year now.
Too bad I trusted him when he made that post about going all-in Maieuticoin. ( see post : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820704.0;all )
I thought he was serious.

we are now at least 4 ppl that i've spoke with that bought M and are now just waiting to dump at the very first opportunity. just saying...

prove me wrong iGotSpots that this project is not dead.  Undecided

I have to admit I am feeling about the same way.  When the second coin was announced, it was supposed to only be available by purchasing with M, not a mixed POW/POS coin like BALLS.  It has been my experience that when a dev comes out with a new coin the old ones go into the shitter.

I am getting the impression that BALLS will be the focus now and M will sorta fade out into the background.
Kinda feeling like a big ol' bag holder right now Cry
legendary
Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
...originally the plan was to exchange them for a new coin, but that was cancelled, so besides

well... once again : you asked this and it's now been 2 days iGotSpots is avoiding to answer to that simple question...  Angry
that's really dumb.

3 days ago, i asked the same legit question on the irc channel to iGotSpots and after waiting for an answer for a while, he finally told me that there is nothing to expect.

i would like this project going somewhere as i hold a good quantity, but seems like this guy go from one coin to another since over a year now.
Too bad I trusted him when he made that post about going all-in Maieuticoin. ( see post : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820704.0;all )
I thought he was serious.

we are now at least 4 ppl that i've spoke with that bought M and are now just waiting to dump at the very first opportunity. just saying...

prove me wrong iGotSpots that this project is not dead.  Undecided

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
https://cryptassist.io
Just added two new coins (one for sha and one for x11) to the pool.  Should help our profitability. 
Now that CrazyLoaf dumped half of his 200M wall, we can start moving forward again. Don't sell back to him lower when he changes his mind
Aha, I was already wondering which "whale" had decided to exit at any cost - I picked up a large amount of that dump and await the price to recover. What is the roadmap for Maieuticoin - originally the plan was to exchange them for a new coin, but that was cancelled, so besides
legendary
Now that CrazyLoaf dumped half of his 200M wall, we can start moving forward again. Don't sell back to him lower when he changes his mind
legendary
I am currently compiling BALLS on the Snowball that I've been staking Maieuticoin with for the last several weeks. Will report initial results soon on testing of both coins staking on the same device
Thanks for the advice, but it isn't working. I ran repair wallet and I got most of the coins to reappear in the wallet. But every time I try to send the coins to Bittrex I get the following error, and when I repair wallet the amount is always lower.

The explanation from iGotSpots is one way to solve this.
An easier way is if you have a backup of your wallet, as I explained before.
If that still does not help, then it might be that the block chain that your wallet has is not consistent,
so it might be necessary to
- make sure you have a good backup of your wallet.dat file in a safe place (for example a memory stick) (preferably the last backup before the trouble started)
- remove all files that the wallet downloaded and generated in the MMXIV directory, under windows this usually is in the Roaming directory of the Application Data (note: it is hidden by default, but when you type the name then you can go to it or enable display of hidden directories in the configuration) so the place is C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\MMXIV\
Under this directory you will see the wallet.dat and the database with the blocks that were downloaded.
- You can delete everything here (if your wallet.dat is good then leave that in place) and copy the backup wallet.dat to this location again.
- Now, if you restart the wallet application, it will find your backup wallet.dat but it will have to download the block chain fresh, so it will start with zero balance (because it can't find any coins in the block chain until it has synchronised with the network) and as it downloads,
it will find all your transactions in the block chain and show you the balance that you had at that time, so it may go up and down while it
"fast-forwards" through time downloading the different blocks until it is at today's blocks and then you should see your correct balance again.
It may take an hour or so for the download (depending on internet latency and processor speed as well as how large the block chain has grown).
Once everything has synchronised and showing the correct balance, you can take a complete copy of the *entire* MMXIV directory into a
backup directory on your hard drive, so next time you want to go back to a known point, you do not need to download the entire block chain, only what has been generated since your last backup. Since this backup can easily be over 1 GB, I do not suggest to put it on a Flash drive, since it can easily be downloaded again. Only the wallet.dat is really important, because it contains the keys to get access to your coins, so that you must store in a safe place.
Note: this is true of every crypto currency, not just this one.
Hope this helps!
FYI, the website for the Multipool will be unavailable on port 80 for a while, but is still available on port 8082 (http://pool.mmxivcoin.com:8082)

I will let you know when port 80 will be available again.

The pool's website is now available via port 80 again.
legendary
Since it looks like the raffle is canceled, can I get my coins back?

Sure, PM me an address. What Cor2 answered to your other question is exactly the steps, in order, that I would also suggest. They aren't lost, we will help you find them

Same for anyone else that wants their raffle entries refunded

Cor2, I'm not ignoring your questions. I'm waiting to hear back from someone more experienced with staking so I don't give out any bad suggestions since I set up my own staking to ensure blocks move smoothly instead of for max profit. Btw, thanks for trying to help Phosphorus
Thanks for the advice, but it isn't working. I ran repair wallet and I got most of the coins to reappear in the wallet. But every time I try to send the coins to Bittrex I get the following error, and when I repair wallet the amount is always lower.

Try moving your private keys to a fresh wallet

Prior to that, you can try salvagewallet, but make sure you back it up first
Lets empower the pool to eat that sell wall!  I would love to see some huge numbers tomorrow.
Empower me by giving me BTC and I will buy M with it.

If i had spare BTC I'd be buying up that wall myself!
FYI, the website for the Multipool will be unavailable on port 80 for a while, but is still available on port 8082 (http://pool.mmxivcoin.com:8082)

I will let you know when port 80 will be available again.
Activity: 556
Since it looks like the raffle is canceled, can I get my coins back?

Sure, PM me an address. What Cor2 answered to your other question is exactly the steps, in order, that I would also suggest. They aren't lost, we will help you find them

Same for anyone else that wants their raffle entries refunded

Cor2, I'm not ignoring your questions. I'm waiting to hear back from someone more experienced with staking so I don't give out any bad suggestions since I set up my own staking to ensure blocks move smoothly instead of for max profit. Btw, thanks for trying to help Phosphorus

Activity: 556
Lets empower the pool to eat that sell wall!  I would love to see some huge numbers tomorrow.
Empower me by giving me BTC and I will buy M with it.
legendary
NP. I have quite a bit experience in staking different coins since beginning this year (ORB, SYNC, HYP) and have read up a lot about how Crypto works, so I generally understand which part does what, have studied how the block chain behaves and understand the concept of private keys and trustless transactions, so I can help to suggest the steps to fix any problems - I have had to do these for myself too often already and made numerous mistakes, so I have an idea what works and what does not.

Lol, most of the tips I'm able to now give to other people are issues I have run across myself. Trial by fire and all that
Pages:
Jump to: