Pages:
Author

Topic: 🚀[ANN] Nexium [NXC]- Beyond the Void: First blockchain RTS - page 35. (Read 227481 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
CMON TEAM wtf ..
you raised a shit ton of eth for the project
and that eth have made u 30X of that money
now u are telling us that u have money limit if you have to push forward marketing strategy from now (which is never bad  thing, even if product not ready)
so it is not enought every time dumped u nxc and destroy the market.
now we have to listen that the money are limited when it comes to do marketing on this project..??

where gone all that 30x money of accumulated funds plus all money u dumped on the market, straight in u NOSE&BRAIN ?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!
Activity: 48
Devs now officially dumping. "We don't want to dump" lol every sell above 2000 sat is a dump

witty
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
Devs now officially dumping. "We don't want to dump" lol every sell above 2000 sat is a dump
Ok that's fair. Ofc this raises the questions: when will these ranked game be implemented? Also GP: what do players use it for? Leveling up?

Have you decided about your NXC which are allocated to promotion? You said that market selling them is not your goal so I'm interested to hear if you're going to convince Partners of nxc potential value.

I did not say the goal was not market selling them, I just said that we didn't want to dump. Reasonable selling at some precise times is an option. But yes, we would like to spend as much as we can without selling them.
Actually, when we work with another company (last tournament for instance, video editing, musics etc), we always ask to pay with NxC and I'd say that it works most of the time. We didn't work with very big agencies yet though, so we shall see what they will accept or not. We're already working with a press agency accepting Bitcoin.

Game points, or battle points as we will call them, will be used to unlock in-game content. This content will be different than content from the shop though. You won't be able to unlock the same content with battle points than you could by purchasing with NxC.

Game points and ranked games are being tested today as a matter of fact. So if everything is good, we could implement this pretty soon, maybe next week.

This would be very fine. Unlocking GP/BP gives players a reason to come back.

Well - i go more with the "polish the product first" theory. Too many people will take a look, leave and never come back IMHO at the current state.

Is it already possible to gain in game points? If not you should wait at least until this is implemented before going big with marketing.

Agreed.  From an investment stand point it's better to have and keep players, then it is to make some noise, for the sake of making noise.    

I don't think you understand. It's an early release and even with a finished product "polishing" will be needed in form of patches, updates etc. should we wait until every single fix has been implemented until marketing starts? how do you even define the term "marketing"? It's an ongoing progress which at the moment is toned down. It's not "making noise for the sake of making noise". Advertisement and other efforts are very much needed now for the sake of the whole game experience because players are waiting 30-45 minutes to play a single game! And that (player numbers) my friend is not a thing which can be fixed solely by "polishing"
Have a look at this for orientation: http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=beyond+the+void

Update: I waited 21 minutes this session.

I fully understand, i played the game and i know i would not comeback. I will only check the game again regular cause of my crypto addiction.
If you start a big marketing campaign and many people join at once, your waiting times go down to lets say under a minute just to increase for a minute every day becaucse more and more people leave.

IMHO you speculate on a short time rise in NXC price to sell, nothing else.

IMHO you don't know me and I've done more for the community than you. So IMHO don't come to conclusions about my opinions. people will not stay if the game is buggy. they won't stay either when they have to wait 20 minutes to play a ~15 minutes game. thats a fact.
Activity: 378
Ok that's fair. Ofc this raises the questions: when will these ranked game be implemented? Also GP: what do players use it for? Leveling up?

Have you decided about your NXC which are allocated to promotion? You said that market selling them is not your goal so I'm interested to hear if you're going to convince Partners of nxc potential value.

I did not say the goal was not market selling them, I just said that we didn't want to dump. Reasonable selling at some precise times is an option. But yes, we would like to spend as much as we can without selling them.
Actually, when we work with another company (last tournament for instance, video editing, musics etc), we always ask to pay with NxC and I'd say that it works most of the time. We didn't work with very big agencies yet though, so we shall see what they will accept or not. We're already working with a press agency accepting Bitcoin.

Game points, or battle points as we will call them, will be used to unlock in-game content. This content will be different than content from the shop though. You won't be able to unlock the same content with battle points than you could by purchasing with NxC.

Game points and ranked games are being tested today as a matter of fact. So if everything is good, we could implement this pretty soon, maybe next week.

This would be very fine. Unlocking GP/BP gives players a reason to come back.

Well - i go more with the "polish the product first" theory. Too many people will take a look, leave and never come back IMHO at the current state.

Is it already possible to gain in game points? If not you should wait at least until this is implemented before going big with marketing.

Agreed.  From an investment stand point it's better to have and keep players, then it is to make some noise, for the sake of making noise.    

I don't think you understand. It's an early release and even with a finished product "polishing" will be needed in form of patches, updates etc. should we wait until every single fix has been implemented until marketing starts? how do you even define the term "marketing"? It's an ongoing progress which at the moment is toned down. It's not "making noise for the sake of making noise". Advertisement and other efforts are very much needed now for the sake of the whole game experience because players are waiting 30-45 minutes to play a single game! And that (player numbers) my friend is not a thing which can be fixed solely by "polishing"
Have a look at this for orientation: http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=beyond+the+void

I fully understand, i played the game and i know i would not comeback. I will only check the game again regular cause of my crypto addiction.
If you start a big marketing campaign and many people join at once, your waiting times go down to lets say under a minute just to increase for a minute every day becaucse more and more people leave.

IMHO you speculate on a short time rise in NXC price to sell, nothing else.
Activity: 294

I don't play games (Last time was Mario).  If the lack of players is part of the perceived problem, then there should be more advertising/marketing.  If it's because people are playing and not enjoying it, then the game should be fixed first.  Of course you don't wait till it's absolutely perfect.   But if you jump the gun and get a lot of people interested and then let them down, they will not be back.  Doesn't matter how good you make it.  I know your not going to please everybody, but I would leave it up to the designers to make that call, they have a lot more experience then I do.  

Plus hopefully they are being mentored by Ubisoft, and have very good behind the scenes guidance.  

See, this discussion is really interesting, because that is exactly the kind of questions we ask ourselves all the time. Should we do more marketing ? Yes. But at which cost ?
We can't wait until the game is fully "polished" before making noise, in that we all agree. Otherwise, we'll have a great product with nobody knowing about it !

But on the other hand, the retention at the moment is really not good enough, and we think that even if this is an ongoing issue for all games, we can make it a lot better in little time. So why not wait a little bit longer and make our budget worth its spending ?

About the ETH question: yes the eth price went to the moon since we did our ICO. We had to spend a lot of them before the price went up though, so we don't have as much as if we spent nothing in December, January, February, March.... But still we have a nice decent budget to make this adventure happen.
We need to prepare in case the market goes down though, we can't be careless and spend dozen thousands $ in marketing, especially since we have the NXC from the ICO dedicated to promotion and bounties.

So what we decided for now is that we wait until devs implement at least game points and ranked games, and in the meanwhile we do small tutos in the new lobby page that is upcoming.
While we do that, Camille, who is working full time for B2Expand and has a degree in marketing, and myself (Manon, cofounder), will plan a marketing strategy for December, January, February. We will ask Ubisoft to help us on that matter too, I'm sure they have great advices for us.
By the way, I also requested the help of a data analyst from their team to help us understand and implement the right things at the right moment.

It is going forward guys, I know sometimes the project seems still from the outside, but from the inside everyone is running and working as hard as they can.

EDIT: I just tweeted a little survey about marketing budget https://twitter.com/BeyondVoidGame/status/930773832352370688
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

I don't play games (Last time was Mario).  If the lack of players is part of the perceived problem, then there should be more advertising/marketing.  If it's because people are playing and not enjoying it, then the game should be fixed first.  Of course you don't wait till it's absolutely perfect.   But if you jump the gun and get a lot of people interested and then let them down, they will not be back.  Doesn't matter how good you make it.  I know your not going to please everybody, but I would leave it up to the designers to make that call, they have a lot more experience then I do.   

Plus hopefully they are being mentored by Ubisoft, and have very good behind the scenes guidance. 

legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

Agreed.  From an investment stand point it's better to have and keep players, then it is to make some noise, for the sake of making noise.   
Activity: 378

Beyond the Void Why not hire someone for marketing? Do not draw conclusions from your mistakes. I've been writing about this for a long time, and you're wasting a lot of it. As hype on cryptocurrences, these projects will fall into the black hole You have golden time, you do not take it at all  Undecided

I agree more marketing will get nxc to where it deserves. I think nxc needs it this is a very special coin with s nice project behind it

100%

It's crucial. You now have a product and even though it's not finished it's always helpful to start making noise early than too late. by looking at steam charts you can see that it's too calm! financing is the other thing: i looked up ethereum price in november/december last year and it is now 30 times higher! you have big funds including collected bcy!
Activity: 716
Merit: 500
Beyond the Void Why not hire someone for marketing? Do not draw conclusions from your mistakes. I've been writing about this for a long time, and you're wasting a lot of it. As hype on cryptocurrences, these projects will fall into the black hole You have golden time, you do not take it at all  Undecided

I agree more marketing will get nxc to where it deserves. I think nxc needs it this is a very special coin with s nice project behind it
Activity: 581
Hire a manager will be a good idea
wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
That’s a hard question. What’s with the remaining ETH? Since your ICO the price went to the roof and should‘ve put you in a comfortable financial position. Then there is bcy... of course you should first and foremost try to convince partners of the benefits of your token and potential. Ultimately you have to make the call.
Well it's a dilemma really. Don't get me wrong. I really like the game but when you speak of "players coming but not staying" you can throw in the argument that too few people even know about the game to come and play it. You can see this by looking at the very inactive discord and reddit for example. When was the last time that a user joined the btv Slack channel? It‘s not looking good on price and volume either. And it I don't see why it isn't possible to do the game development and marketing parallel to each other. I assume that not your whole team is developer and programmers.

On another note:
- the year is almost finished any timeframe on the shop?? I guess you don’t plan to work during the holidays?!
- is there a regular report on funds on this project? How many eth/bcy are left from the ico? What were they spend on in the last couple of months?
- is the Russian tournament available for players outside Russia too?

It is possible to do marketing and development at the same time, and that is what we are doing. We are just saying that marketing should adapt to development. At this stage, features for broad adoption are missing, however, it is a great project for players who like getting involved early in games, and help with their feedback.
Reddit is used in the US, but in France nobody knows about it. Medias are different in some countries. We should do more reddit, though, but we shouldn't make assessments on how well the community is responding looking at one media channel.

We're not publishing reports on the funds we have left from the ICO or otherwise. We said we would share information about the game stats though, and we did. You know now where we are standing, development wise, and marketing wise. The features we are talking about, improving retention, are scheduled to be released soon, so it makes sense to adapt the marketing for the time being.

About NxC price: it is our concern that we deliver the product we said we would develop, and that everything is working fine. We are an indie studio, and it makes sense for us to do marketing towards our players. NXC market belongs to NXC holders.
The whole plan is to make a great game, have players, and then the Nexium can have more use and liquidity.

That takes us to the shop development, which is a real question. What we can say right now is that the shop is developed and functional. But it is not enough. We need some additional features before it can be released, and some content too which takes time to develop as well.
It should be released by the end of the year, but it is really difficult to estimate the time it will take considering that very few people in the world developed on the same technology (I don't know a running decentralized shop for in-game blockchain assets on Ethereum right now, if some of you do, please drop the link in the thread).
At this time, it could take days, or weeks, but truly we won't know for sure before it's ready.

Yes I didn't mean you haven't done any marketing at all. It's just very quiet on most of your social media channels and not many outlets or people talk about this project yet. So attracting new players who might get deeper involved proves to be difficult without the publicity. Fair in France Reddit might not be used that much but it's still important especially with all crypto fans worldwide going there second after going to the homepage/twitter or BCT thread. It should be more on focus especially regarding your international community.

The price and volume should be a concern. Low volume coins and tokens get delisted fast and the NXC market although it has massive potential is unfortunately very illiquid. THere have been projects before with dedicated developers, ongoing development and a great community who got shut out of Poloniex just because of low volume. Although it's sketchy and never explained it's their business practice. Don't take a listing on this exchange for granted. You put effort in it (and probably paid a lot of BTC to be lsited) so please don't pretend that the token price development is not a concern for you. When you talk of backers you talk about investors too. I don't mean to anger you it just has to be said.

The fact that you don't report about expenses or remaining funds is unfortunate but I guess we have to accept it. A lot of crypto start ups (Lisk, AMP etc) do it to show their transparency towards their community in real figures. So it's not uncommon and streghtens the bond between all parties.

I get the impession that you were getting annoyed by the questions about the store. Don't be. Again nobody except for obvious fudsters wants to offend you. The store is just the only news we can grip until a new roadmap has emerged. And let's not pretend the price won't be affected by it. Not every investor is a gamer and not every gamer is an investor. You have cater to both groups to be successful. Keep up the good work and let's communicate more.

Hey there,

I didn't mean to sound like I was annoyed by questions, I am really not Smiley We are all getting frustrated by this shop that struggles to come out. All the teams (dev, marketing, legal, finance, everybody) in B2Expand want it to be out and running.
NXC price doesn't concern us too much, it's true, but liquidity is important and in that I agree with you. It will prevent us to be unlisted from exchanges, and a healthy token should be liquid. We hope to achieve that with the store.
Reddit is not really used in Europe, but I know that it is a top website in the US, so we'll try to focus more on that.

We don't share reports about our finances and expenses because we are a private company, developing a product to generate revenue, and we don't feel the need to report to the community the details of our business. We are as straight forward as we think is good for everyone.

I have a question for you guys: as you well know the company kept 15 million NxC for promotion and bounties. We spent a few million already for the ICO promotion. Back then, we had partners that accepted tokens as a payment because they were in the blockchain space already. Now, we need video games marketing, but PR agencies, marketing agencies with reach in the gaming community mostly don't accept crypto as payment and if they do, it's Bitcoin, not Nexium.

So the question is: how do we spend money on marketing, while avoiding to dump NXC on the market ? We never dumped tokens, and that's not the goal. Of course, there is still the ETH from the ICO, but then we are limited in what we can spend for marketing. Because we more than doubled the team, we plan to hire more people still to be able to deliver the product we think the community deserves. For now, we're ok because the crypto market is good. But we can't forget the risk tied to the blockchain tech/market.

I don't expect that you have the perfect answer, but I'd like to have your opinion. Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
guys getout.devs are saying that we will see appreciation in price next year during alts season.
so when everytingh pump-nxc will pump too, cos if we have to wait for this team to push forward and hope for a pump for Christmas.. its a mockery.
devs want see appraciation in price only when they think they have made everybody happy with theyr product.
 they cant put out a shop and increase the price without nxc being used.simple.
and even if a MM thy to push the price the team will dump all the market since they are the biggest holder outhere. but if they ready, expect the price 10X from here even outperforming btc.

BS. Nobody said that. They just are saying that stop asking the devs about the price, they only develop and design the product and everything will follow, it's not their responsibility for the price hike. Or drop , which is what you are trying to do. Usual FUDster.

The price has gone up and down many times so it's a good one to make easy 20-30% jumps every few days on as it is.
Which I'm guessing is the reason you are trying to down the price more to buy low, then sell when it pumps up.
Well it's a dilemma really. Don't get me wrong. I really like the game but when you speak of "players coming but not staying" you can throw in the argument that too few people even know about the game to come and play it. You can see this by looking at the very inactive discord and reddit for example. When was the last time that a user joined the btv Slack channel? It‘s not looking good on price and volume either. And it I don't see why it isn't possible to do the game development and marketing parallel to each other. I assume that not your whole team is developer and programmers.

On another note:
- the year is almost finished any timeframe on the shop?? I guess you don’t plan to work during the holidays?!
- is there a regular report on funds on this project? How many eth/bcy are left from the ico? What were they spend on in the last couple of months?
- is the Russian tournament available for players outside Russia too?

It is possible to do marketing and development at the same time, and that is what we are doing. We are just saying that marketing should adapt to development. At this stage, features for broad adoption are missing, however, it is a great project for players who like getting involved early in games, and help with their feedback.
Reddit is used in the US, but in France nobody knows about it. Medias are different in some countries. We should do more reddit, though, but we shouldn't make assessments on how well the community is responding looking at one media channel.

We're not publishing reports on the funds we have left from the ICO or otherwise. We said we would share information about the game stats though, and we did. You know now where we are standing, development wise, and marketing wise. The features we are talking about, improving retention, are scheduled to be released soon, so it makes sense to adapt the marketing for the time being.

About NxC price: it is our concern that we deliver the product we said we would develop, and that everything is working fine. We are an indie studio, and it makes sense for us to do marketing towards our players. NXC market belongs to NXC holders.
The whole plan is to make a great game, have players, and then the Nexium can have more use and liquidity.

That takes us to the shop development, which is a real question. What we can say right now is that the shop is developed and functional. But it is not enough. We need some additional features before it can be released, and some content too which takes time to develop as well.
It should be released by the end of the year, but it is really difficult to estimate the time it will take considering that very few people in the world developed on the same technology (I don't know a running decentralized shop for in-game blockchain assets on Ethereum right now, if some of you do, please drop the link in the thread).
At this time, it could take days, or weeks, but truly we won't know for sure before it's ready.

Yes I didn't mean you haven't done any marketing at all. It's just very quiet on most of your social media channels and not many outlets or people talk about this project yet. So attracting new players who might get deeper involved proves to be difficult without the publicity. Fair in France Reddit might not be used that much but it's still important especially with all crypto fans worldwide going there second after going to the homepage/twitter or BCT thread. It should be more on focus especially regarding your international community.

The price and volume should be a concern. Low volume coins and tokens get delisted fast and the NXC market although it has massive potential is unfortunately very illiquid. THere have been projects before with dedicated developers, ongoing development and a great community who got shut out of Poloniex just because of low volume. Although it's sketchy and never explained it's their business practice. Don't take a listing on this exchange for granted. You put effort in it (and probably paid a lot of BTC to be lsited) so please don't pretend that the token price development is not a concern for you. When you talk of backers you talk about investors too. I don't mean to anger you it just has to be said.

The fact that you don't report about expenses or remaining funds is unfortunate but I guess we have to accept it. A lot of crypto start ups (Lisk, AMP etc) do it to show their transparency towards their community in real figures. So it's not uncommon and streghtens the bond between all parties.

I get the impession that you were getting annoyed by the questions about the store. Don't be. Again nobody except for obvious fudsters wants to offend you. The store is just the only news we can grip until a new roadmap has emerged. And let's not pretend the price won't be affected by it. Not every investor is a gamer and not every gamer is an investor. You have cater to both groups to be successful. Keep up the good work and let's communicate more.
Pages:
Jump to: