Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE} - page 88. (Read 109828 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
So my second failure cameup Tongue  I wasted about 80k on upgrading warehouse slots and someone else took the place (Thinking I could use some more slots for crafting, I understand how it works now, having to claim a planet first). Just might be nice to have some tutorial on this to prevent this for other players. Secondly, was wondering if you upgrade the biodome on a world, so you can add civilians on it to claim it, can't someone else take it over? I mean for example I upgrade the biodome, go to some other planet to get civilians, and when coming back someone else already put some civilians on it and claims it. Meaning I would have paid for the biodome upgrade but someone else claiming it for practicly free. If this is possible I would suggest some time like 24 hours to put on civilians and claim it safely.
Also, have been looking all over the map for guiding program recipe, is it really that rare to find or is it just not implemented yet?
And last but not least, if it hasn't been asked yet, is there any resets / wipes / nerfs of skills etc. planned?

Keep up the good work, keeps looking better and better Smiley

Edit: A suggestion, before being able to upgrade anything on a planet you have to claim it first (except for biodome level 1)
Edit: My cpu restoring just got downed to 7 from 11 aswell (no adblock, no warnings or anything about having it on either)

Greetz,
Thijsie90
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
While we're on the subject of warehouse, can you add a move/merge items function to the warehouse?

A similar ticket (from you) regarding the cargo slots is already filed, so I don't see why we shouldn't extend this to warehouses too. Not sure what would be a good UI for this, but filed nonetheless.

Taking potential "burns" into account seem like it would cause an unavoidable inconsistency issue - if you don't have the minimum required cargo space, sometimes crafting works, sometimes crafting doesn't work (not enough cargo space).

In contrast if you don't consider potential "burns" you'll have a more consistent experience - if you don't have enough cargo space, then you don't have enough cargo space, period.

I did think of an alternative approach, which I shall detail in the game improvement proposal (GIP) below.

You are right, accounting for "burns" would make everything too unpredictable. This is going to happen sooner rather than later, see below.

GIP: temporary storage space for crafting areas

I know exactly what you mean, that's similar to how it's done in most modern games. (I.e. if I google "crafting window" I see some very similar concepts).

However that's very unlikely to be implemented ever as we're already having enough headache with warehouses. Adding more similar complexity would be very painful.

The good news are: I've shown all that to our programmer and he said something like "*grumble* *grumble* I'll deal with the unused slot issue *sigh*" :)
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
This user is currently ignored.
Req: Discard items from the warehouse
It seems odd that you can't discard items from the warehouse.

Makes sense, filed.

While we're on the subject of warehouse, can you add a move/merge items function to the warehouse?

What happened was that I had a full cargo on my ship so I wanted to move some ores to the warehouse (so I can squeeze in an extra round of refining instead of selling the ores for a bad NPC price). It so happens that the only warehouse slot available was one that's barely upgraded. One of the fully-upgraded warehouse slot was only occupied by like 2 plexiglass so it'd have been nice to be able to move them to the barely-upgraded slot.

"Unable to refine: Cargo is full, need an unused slot"

Why is this a "very distant future" fix? It seems to me like something pretty straightforward to fix.

(Edited because I was only thinking of ore-to-material refining before)

Instead of checking if there is currently any empty cargo slot before checking, the game should check to see if there will be an empty cargo slot if the specified ingredients are removed from the cargo.

Indeed, and it should also take potential (but not definite) "burns" into account. It's not too hard to implement, but it's still a pretty serious issue, so we'll take our sweet time.

Taking potential "burns" into account seem like it would cause an unavoidable inconsistency issue - if you don't have the minimum required cargo space, sometimes crafting works, sometimes crafting doesn't work (not enough cargo space).

In contrast if you don't consider potential "burns" you'll have a more consistent experience - if you don't have enough cargo space, then you don't have enough cargo space, period.

I did think of an alternative approach, which I shall detail in the game improvement proposal (GIP) below.

GIP: temporary storage space for crafting areas

Let me preface this with two points:

• a crafting area is located in an outpost, THX, or planet, and not on your ship. So the ship's cargo space shouldn't be a restricting factor when it comes to crafting.
  • it's reasonable for a crafting area to have its own storage space

With this in mind, I propose that for crafting areas in THX and outpost, a temporary storage space be added.

Some characteristics of this storage space

• It's for temporary use only. You'll have to vacate the space before undocking from the THX/outpost. If you don't, you're either forbidden to undock or there'd be a warning prompt (if you dismiss the prompt, all the items you have there will be discarded when you undock)
  • It behaves as an extension to cargo space when crafting, i.e. if your cargo is full, the game will look for an empty slot at the storage space instead. Alternatively it could use the scheme proposed above where the game checks if ingredients used up in crafting will free up a slot. On the other hand, if your cargo is not full, the product goes directly to your cargo as it currently does.
  • The capacity of each slot in the storage space is 10
  • Like a warehouse, you can load items from there to your cargo.

Some things to consider

• Are players allowed to place stuff there directly, and can the items you buy from THX go directly there? Or does the storage space only store products from crafting?
  • How much interaction to allow via the storage space - sell, mount, discard?
  • How many slots do the storage space have? Maybe major ports like Sol will have a lot while remote ones will have only 1 or 2 slots?

Just throwing this idea out there since it feels like something that'd be awesome to have.
SatoshiGalaxy
Hey,
I'm playing now 3-4 weeks and i noticed some bugged ads?
they slowing down the game.
could you pls remove them, because i need to wait sometimes over a half minute before the game allow me to press a butten

That's quite right, sadly. If you read back on this thread, the issue was thoroughly discussed, and the "solution" (in form of a timeout) implemented. It's not perfect, but that's what we have to deal with right now.

Bug?: Change in time remaining for a delivery job

Great catch, thank you! BTW, the "+24hours to expiry time" is a feature made with other jobs in mind (when you have to go back to the original station to collect your reward).

Makes sense, filed.

Why is this a "very distant future" fix? It seems to me like something pretty straightforward to fix.

Instead of checking if there is currently any empty cargo slot before checking, the game should check to see if there will be an empty cargo slot if the specified ingredients are removed from the cargo.

Indeed, and it should also take potential (but not definite) "burns" into account. It's not too hard to implement, but it's still a pretty serious issue, so we'll take our sweet time.

Distance between sectors

It appears that the distance between 2 sectors are measured as length of a straight line between 2 sectors.

The job rewards, as far as I can tell, are based on this direct distance instead of the minimum number of sectors you have to go through between the 2 sectors.

You are absolutely right and we have this on the TODO list for the next version (which would come after the Beta). The lack of correct jump-route data hinders our progress in several important areas, and, as you noticed, affects Jobs.
Hey,
could you pls remove them, because i need to wait sometimes over a half minute before the game allow me to press a butten

Yeah, some ads are slow to load, and even error out (502 and 504).

But to be precise, the thing that's slowing down the game is the UI lock. Essentially, buttons are disabled until

• everything including ads is fully loaded, or
  • a certain time limit has been exceeded

Without this UI lock, slow-loading ads don't impact the game performance nearly as much.

Bug?: Change in time remaining for a delivery job

I picked up a delivery job that had 2 hrs (+unknown minutes) remaining.

A while later I checked the time remaining and it was 55 minutes (so far so good).

When I reached the sector of the destination (but not the target THX/outpost), I checked my profile again and the time remaining was shown as 23 hrs instead.

Not sure if the time change was triggered by arrival at the sector or expiration of the original alloted time, as I wasn't paying much attention in between.

If I refine, and have my inventory full of ore, it tells me I can not refine due to full inventory, even though the ore is going to be used.

Is this something that will change in future?

Hello, Valareos.

Thanks for your feedback.

That is definitely something that can be fixed, and would make sense to be fixed, so I'm going to say yes.

But probably in some very distant future Smiley

For example, let's say you have 4 cargo slots of capacity 6.

• if you have a full cargo of copper ores, crafting a copper plate would be okay since it uses 10 copper ores which would free up 1 cargo slot.
  • if you have a full cargo of copper plates, crafting a 30nm PCB would not be okay since in best case scenario it uses 4 copper plates.
  • if you have 1 cargo slot with 4 copper plates and the rest are filled with copper plates, crafting a 30nm PCB would be okay

Distance between sectors

It appears that the distance between 2 sectors are measured as length of a straight line between 2 sectors.

The job rewards, as far as I can tell, are based on this direct distance instead of the minimum number of sectors you have to go through between the 2 sectors.

Let's say I'm in Nodus Secundus.

• Sol is 2 sectors away and 35.2 light years distance away.
  • Mebsuta is 6 sectors away and 16.2 light years distance away.
  • Al Kalb al Rai is 7 sectors away and 29.7 light years distance away.

So even though it takes 3 times or more the length of time to travel from Nodus Secundus to Mebsuta and to Al Kalb al Rai compared to Sol, the job rewards are going to be lower because of their direct distance.

This is problematic.  
Activity: 147
Hey,
SatoshiGalaxy
Almost ready to build my first warehouse + quarry :)

Good luck :)

Bug: Alert messages partially covered when you resize window

As you can see from the screenshot below, the top part of the alert message is obscured by the second bar which appears when you make the window smaller.

Ouch! Thank you, filed.

Update!

• [BUG] Station Docking Crash!
  • [BUG] Possible to reach negative cargo during jettisoning. (@furrybuxy)
  • [BUG] New crash during ANY module (except biodome) being built.
  • [BUG] Anyone could control quarry/refinery/wharf production.
  • [BUG] "Looted" doesn't use proper pluralization.
  • [ENC] Top-down jettisoning, warehouse loading/unloading, between-ship transfer.
  • [ENC] Add marketplace filter for software.
  • [ENC] Tweak flashes backgrounds on planets. (@captcher)
  • [ENC] Add confirmation dialog when jettisoning equipment. * (@captcher)
  • [ENC] Forbid jettisoning of GPD equipment. * (@thijsie90)
  • [ENC] More pirate names!
  • [ENC] Combining reactors is now less effective. **

Notes:

* Your newbie equipment is finally safe. Read the full story here.

** We have reworked the way ship's "energy rate" is calculated. From now on, combining multiple reactors is not as efficient as before, but still gives you some edge. This is a middle-ground between older implementation where only 1 reactor was counted and the newer one, where they were all combined. An entry on your ship's page will be added in short order, that will tell you your current energy rate. That's for people interested in working out the exact formula :)
Bug: Alert messages partially covered when you resize window

As you can see from the screenshot below, the top part of the alert message is obscured by the second bar which appears when you make the window smaller.

Activity: 94
Almost ready to build my first warehouse + quarry Smiley
SatoshiGalaxy
very atractive game.. i am so addicted  :D

Hello, jula551!

Thanks for your feedback :)

Hello again...Is this a bug or is normal to recive only 7 cpu when i am refilling? until yesterday i was reciving 11 cpu, i think normal is 10 and i suposed that medal gave me +1.....i want to ask u what is the purpose on that scaners that are on market, whe anyone will buy a scanner that cost 20k or more if is 2x lower then the scaner u will get for free(only 20 track, instead of 40 track the normal scanner)...another things, if u can rework a little the impulse engine, dont think anyone will pay double amount of satoshi for an impulse engine instead a normal one (now the impulse engine cost 40 energy , and normal one 50...i dont have any reason to buy one only to pay more and use 10 energy less once 10 minutes, maybe u should lower the cooldown )....i am still hoping something will change in hunting, becouse how is now is only a lose of time and satoshi invested in weapons...i launch a bet or a challange to any hunter in game to make an experiment with me, i will mine for 3 hours and he can do the same with hunting...at the end of 3 hours i will get 2x or 3x more satoshi from mining that he get from hunting...i will do an average of lets say 6-7k satoshi per hour and i can bet that he will make 2-3k satoshi if he has luck and ofc need to spend at least 1 milion satoshi only for weapons and generator.....can u add some information about skills , like what % increase per lvl? is nice that in tracking u add info and told us that tracking increase buy 1 for every lvl...if u ask me is very low, from start u have 40 tracking and if u make lets say lvl 8 in profession u recive only +8 that means very low, compare to how hard is to skill tracking, but is only my opinion, i am still hopeing that u will explain all skils in %, to know if is worth to skill some of them :) thanks for all answers and i hope in future the hunting will be reworked, at least to permit a hunter that has best equipment possible to make half of satoshi made by a miner...i dont say to make as many as a minner, but at least half :)

Hi, there are numerous reasons for CPU rate going down, including adblock false positives. I've reset your points.

Regarding scanners, you can expect newbie scanners to go down in the future, and the whole scanner situation to make more sense, generally.

As for the contest - good idea! We'll even throw in a prize for the winner if someone is up to it!
Activity: 51
Hello again...Is this a bug or is normal to recive only 7 cpu when i am refilling? until yesterday i was reciving 11 cpu, i think normal is 10 and i suposed that medal gave me +1.....i want to ask u what is the purpose on that scaners that are on market, whe anyone will buy a scanner that cost 20k or more if is 2x lower then the scaner u will get for free(only 20 track, instead of 40 track the normal scanner)...another things, if u can rework a little the impulse engine, dont think anyone will pay double amount of satoshi for an impulse engine instead a normal one (now the impulse engine cost 40 energy , and normal one 50...i dont have any reason to buy one only to pay more and use 10 energy less once 10 minutes, maybe u should lower the cooldown )....i am still hoping something will change in hunting, becouse how is now is only a lose of time and satoshi invested in weapons...i launch a bet or a challange to any hunter in game to make an experiment with me, i will mine for 3 hours and he can do the same with hunting...at the end of 3 hours i will get 2x or 3x more satoshi from mining that he get from hunting...i will do an average of lets say 6-7k satoshi per hour and i can bet that he will make 2-3k satoshi if he has luck and ofc need to spend at least 1 milion satoshi only for weapons and generator.....can u add some information about skills , like what % increase per lvl? is nice that in tracking u add info and told us that tracking increase buy 1 for every lvl...if u ask me is very low, from start u have 40 tracking and if u make lets say lvl 8 in profession u recive only +8 that means very low, compare to how hard is to skill tracking, but is only my opinion, i am still hopeing that u will explain all skils in %, to know if is worth to skill some of them Smiley thanks for all answers and i hope in future the hunting will be reworked, at least to permit a hunter that has best equipment possible to make half of satoshi made by a miner...i dont say to make as many as a minner, but at least half Smiley
Activity: 42
I'm now lv 4 Evading, but now i get hit nearly every time, It's this a bug ?

Hello, black_wulf!

Thanks for your concern. That sounds about right (lvl 4 evading = being hit almost every time). It'll get better.

Yes.

Alright, thank you.

Req: Undock button on marketplace

Can you add a button to allow players to undock directly from the marketplace without having to go to the Station page first?

I was wondering the same myself. Filed.

very atractive game.. i am so addicted  Cheesy
SatoshiGalaxy

Hello, black_wulf!

Thanks for your concern. That sounds about right (lvl 4 evading = being hit almost every time). It'll get better.

Yes.

Alright, thank you.

Can you add a button to allow players to undock directly from the marketplace without having to go to the Station page first?

I was wondering the same myself. Filed.

Bug?: Quest that doesn't fail when you're wrecked

I had a job at an outpost in Sector A, but I forgot to dock at that outpost while I'm in Sector A. Later I get wrecked at Sector B.

But unlike regular jobs that fail when you're wrecked, that Sector A job is still in progress post-wreck.

Just so I am clear, that was a delivery quest, right?

Yes.

Activity: 147

SatoshiGalaxy
erm, im not using any ADBlocker, yet im keep on getting warning message. I hope ignoring it wont make me banned.
user: geralth

Im sure im not using adblocker as i often get popup ads while collecting from other faucets. Im simply closing them manually.

EDIT:
and its done, i cant play anymore. Now i dont have option to Ignore this warning, only reload page, and then it keep buggin me.
Im seeing adverts in correct places, i even clicked few to support this project.

Too bad. I really liked this idea, and im missing games that have smiliar idea to ELITE2:Frontier (i know its far from elite, but it earn satoshi wich is awesome!)

EDIT2:

i fixed the problem by switching to another browser. Looks like Chrome is trying to block ads on its own. Internet explorer works fine.

Hello, geralth!

Sorry for your trouble, glad you figured it out. We'll investigate what Chrome is doing.

have enjoyed playing this game, just slowly collecting and upgrading, keep up the good work! ;)

Hello, CjMapope!

Thanks for your feedback. ELITE was a huge influence on us :)

o_O

I had a job at an outpost in Sector A, but I forgot to dock at that outpost while I'm in Sector A. Later I get wrecked at Sector B.

But unlike regular jobs that fail when you're wrecked, that Sector A job is still in progress post-wreck.

Just so I am clear, that was a delivery quest, right?

Req: Use materials from warehouse when building modules

Seems to make sense to be able to use materials from a planet's warehouse (if you have access) if you're going to build a module on that planet.

That would make total sense, and it's on the list, but I can't promise any advances in that area any time soon :(

Req: Place CONS terminals on THX instead of outpost in CONS sector

That's actually a good point. Filed, we'll look into this.
Level 12 smelting. Most I've ever burned. Now I'm scared to make defense grids.

8 argentum? That's nothing! People posted worse Smiley

Indeed. A fact of urban life.

Req: Use materials from warehouse when building modules

Seems to make sense to be able to use materials from a planet's warehouse (if you have access) if you're going to build a module on that planet.

Req: Place CONS terminals on THX instead of outpost in CONS sector

Sometimes you find cheap minerals on the marketplace, and you want to buy them for crafting, then sell the product to NPC. Having the marketplace and the THX on separate stations makes this pretty tedious as you have to dock-undock many times, not to mention confusing as sometimes you forget you're on the outpost and try to sell to the NPC there only to get an error message.

If there's a CONS terminal in a GPD sector, it's always located on the THX. But if there's a CONS terminal in a CONS sector, then sometimes it's not located on the THX. It's odd because one would think it'd be more convenient to use a CONS terminal in a CONS sector.

Also, isn't CONS supposed to be a trade federation or trade union (I forget the exact word used) of sorts? With this in mind, shouldn't it be easier to trade in CONS sectors?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
have enjoyed playing this game, just slowly collecting and upgrading, keep up the good work! Wink
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
erm, im not using any ADBlocker, yet im keep on getting warning message. I hope ignoring it wont make me banned.
user: geralth

Im sure im not using adblocker as i often get popup ads while collecting from other faucets. Im simply closing them manually.

EDIT:
and its done, i cant play anymore. Now i dont have option to Ignore this warning, only reload page, and then it keep buggin me.
Im seeing adverts in correct places, i even clicked few to support this project.

Too bad. I really liked this idea, and im missing games that have smiliar idea to ELITE2:Frontier (i know its far from elite, but it earn satoshi wich is awesome!)

EDIT2:

i fixed the problem by switching to another browser. Looks like Chrome is trying to block ads on its own. Internet explorer works fine.
Pages:
Jump to: