Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE} - page 91. (Read 109701 times)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
Hopefully the hint will make it more clear.

Perhaps you could make the hint a bit more prominent from the background, at least color-wise? And/or perhaps change it to the universal symbol of help - a question mark?

Not trying to be a smart-ass here, just being curious, but are you by some chance using a CRT monitor? It's just I couldn't help but notice that's like the 3rd or 4th request from to you to make things "stand out more", and I can't help but wonder, as they are pretty bright for me. Nevertheless, I'm filing this too.

Req: show marketplace/job limit at the marketplace/job tab

Yeah, that was the original idea, I'm not sure what happened here. Will be fixed.

Req: modifying price of your marketplace offer after they're on sale

This makes sense, but, the chances of seeing this implemented in any foreseeable future are pretty slim. We're on "feature freeze" mode now, i.e. not adding more functionality, but fixing the bugs in what's already implemented (and it looks like there's no end to it). Once we pass the beta status, we'll be more open to new features.

Everyone,

Our logs indicate people are having lots of trouble with the message signing/wallet locking feature. I feel like this is bitcoin community's fault at large, as people should be more aware of this and how it works. In any case, we wrote a small guide,

http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/help/walletsigning

hopefully, this will clear up some confusion.

Reminder: locking your wallet address is not mandatory, but we recommend doing it for your own sake, as this will make your account much more secure.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
This user is currently ignored.
Hopefully the hint will make it more clear.

Perhaps you could make the hint a bit more prominent from the background, at least color-wise? And/or perhaps change it to the universal symbol of help - a question mark?

Req: show marketplace/job limit at the marketplace/job tab

It'd be nice if we could see something like
⟨number_of_offers⟩/⟨offer_limit⟩
on the Marketplace tab? That would remind players when they've reached their limit so that they won't try to put an offer (and wasting page loads in the process).

Same idea goes for displaying
⟨number_of_jobs⟩/⟨job_limit⟩
on the Outpost's and the Profile's Job tab, so that players won't try to take jobs when they're at their limit.

Req: modifying price of your marketplace offer after they're on sale

If your offer is already on the marketplace, and you want to change the price, currently you have to

• recall it
  • wait 60 mins to claim it
  • put it on the marketplace again, with the changed price

which is quite inconvenient.

How about adding the ability for players to directly change the price without going through all these?

There are valid use cases for these, for example

• You made a typo when specifying the price
  • You put a price that is too high and found that there's no buyer even after a long time, so you wanted to lower the price

Of course some might want to abuse this to trick people into paying more than the displayed price so there should be countermeasures like notifying a player if some item he's buying has changed prices.

SatoshiGalaxy
People seem to think recruitment just magically spawns colonists on the planet it's being done on

I'm not surprised. The way the interface is designed leads one to think that "recruit" is for increasing the population of that planet.

Yeah, I'm not blaming them, it's 100% our fault. Hopefully the hint will make it more clear.

During one of the latest updates some stuff wen't missing from my warehouse.
Haven't played much lately so not sure when it happend, and I don't really care for what I lost, it whasn't that much.
But wan't to point it out anyway, since this is a pretty major bug if there would be valuable items and hope it will be prevented in future updates.

Greets,
thijsie90

Hello, thijsie90!

Thanks for the report. What I believe happened is that the planet was never claimed by you in the first place (no population), or it was, but was taken over. You can double-check by looking up your planet on the map and checking the "owner" field.

(And if someone is wondering, yeah, it is possible to build a warehouse on an unclaimed planet and even use it, but it's entirely unsafe for obvious reasons).
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
During one of the latest updates some stuff wen't missing from my warehouse.
Haven't played much lately so not sure when it happend, and I don't really care for what I lost, it whasn't that much.
But wan't to point it out anyway, since this is a pretty major bug if there would be valuable items and hope it will be prevented in future updates.

Greets,
thijsie90
People seem to think recruitment just magically spawns colonists on the planet it's being done on

I'm not surprised. The way the interface is designed leads one to think that "recruit" is for increasing the population of that planet.
SatoshiGalaxy
Req: Reduce sector image sizes?
Req: Show whether a sector has an outpost/THX/marketplace on the map
Req: Alarm shouldn't sound when unable to sell
Bug: Marketplace offer limit differ from the one stated in the Profile

Filed all of those. BTW, I think the code to display stations on map already exists, but I'm not sure why wasn't it rolled out yet. I guess there was some issue with it.

Typo: "saphire"

Filed.

Someday I will have a second colonist https://i.imgur.com/NbmdWuv.jpg

Oh my god.

I've only recruited from Sol (in particular, planet Earth - population is like 1000) but I got 1 colonist with 500 satoshis it feels like I'm talking about buying slaves.

With a population of 1, I'm not sure if recruitment is possible, even with an astronomical number.

If it's indeed not possible, the system should really have some kind of safety mechanism to prevent people from spending such a huge sum for nothing.

That's absolutely ridiculous. @Phenoca, I've refunded those satoshi. But even if it did work, don't you think paying that much for 1 colonist is an overkill anyway?

People seem to think recruitment just magically spawns colonists on the planet it's being done on (I'm getting constant E-Mails about that), and that's entirely our fault :( Gotta fix that.

With a population of 1, I'm not sure if recruitment is possible, even with an astronomical number.

That is correct.

Update!

• [BUG] Alarm shouldn't sound on errors. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Marketplace offer limit differs from the one stated in the Profile. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Job limit differs from the one stated in the Profile.
  • [BUG] Warehouse unloading does not respect selected cargo slot.
  • [BUG] Typo in asteroid and quarry "saphire"->"sapphire". (@Phenoca)
  • [ENC] Add hint about planet recruitment.
  • [ENC] Limit amount of satoshi one can spend while recruiting.

Hope that will help future generations of galaxy conquerers.
How did you get the first colonist there if you don't know how this works?

So can colonists be transported between planets?

Yes, you transport colonists in your cargo, just like other merchandise slavery alert.

Then how do I increase the population above 1? None of the GPD planets would let me land and there was no information in this thread.

You can recruit colonists from Earth and Mars in Sol sector (both are owned by GPD). Most of the planets owned by players don't allow you to land so you can't recruit from there.

I'm a bit blurry on the details but if you have at least a population of 2 and you have at least 1 farmer, then your population will grow up to the max. population.
Activity: 94
Then how do I increase the population above 1? None of the GPD planets would let me land and there was no information in this thread. I guess I'll try Sol next. So can colonists be transported between planets?

o.o It looks like admin refunded my satoshi.

Oh my god.

I've only recruited from Sol (in particular, planet Earth - population is like 1000) but I got 1 colonist with 500 satoshis it feels like I'm talking about buying slaves.

If it's indeed not possible, the system should really have some kind of safety mechanism to prevent people from spending such a huge sum for nothing.
Activity: 94

Typo: https://i.imgur.com/nFggBhj.jpg
They shouldn't be reloading the page at all, please try refreshing your cache, and if they still don't work, we're seeing some bug.

My bad, it's working fine now after a cache refresh.

Req: Reduce sector image sizes?

I found out that the sector images are a bit of an overkill in terms of file size - 400kB to 2.1MB. Considering that they are a bit less than 1/6 of viewport size when viewed in the map and barely visible when used as a background image (I just found out that there are background images), I think you could get away with smaller dimensions and smaller sizes.

Req: Show whether a sector has an outpost/THX/marketplace on the map

That is, once you've been there. Since we can already see the planets + owners in the sector on the map, I don't see why the information on outpost/THX/marketplace shouldn't be there as well.

Req: Alarm shouldn't sound when unable to sell

I turned on the sound notification for Alarm message and apparently it triggers even during player mistakes like

• hitting offer limit in the marketplace
  • trying to sell ores to an outpost
  • trying to craft something when you don't have enough raw material

Imo the alarm sound should only trigger when you're under attack (or some other imminent threat - I don't know of any other yet).

Bug: Marketplace offer limit differ from the one stated in the Profile

I'm not too sure how it's calculated, but I just added up the number of merchandise on sale and the number of merchandise on claim, and the sum came up to less than the "Marketplace offer limit" stated on the Profile.

Perhaps you're counting warehouse too? Perhaps the formula for the value in Profile is inaccurate?

SatoshiGalaxy
What do the Log and Squad tabs do (besides reloading the page :p)? There doesn't seem to be anything different in the messages each tab displays.

They shouldn't be reloading the page at all, please try refreshing your cache, and if they still don't work, we're seeing some bug.
What do the Log and Squad tabs do (besides reloading the page :p)? There doesn't seem to be anything different in the messages each tab displays.

I see you also pimped up the sectors' display picture. Nice, albeit a bit too colorful for my taste - actually no, the colors are fine, but them sparkles.
SatoshiGalaxy
Update!

• [BUG] Failed targeting leads to even weirder redirects.
  • [BUG] Warehouse max capacity is 9 instead of 10.
  • [BUG] NPCs should be more forgiving. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Tracking stat is missing from equipment details.
  • [BUG] Marketplace filters should point to 1st page. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Chat eats out angled brackets and forward slash.
  • [BUG] Failed jobs still showing as "in progress". (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Planet sub-menu on main menu shows wrong modules.
  • [BUG] Defense Grid can attack unreachable ships. (@captcher)
  • [ENC] Show some job destination sectors on map/NAV skill.
  • [ENC] Add ability to sell ships.
  • [ENC] Allow to combine reactors. (@darkky)
  • [ENC] I wanna press Enter to squadcast, damnit.
  • [ENC] Tabbed chat system.
  • [ENC] Show Trade and Jobs limits.(@captcher)

Some notes:

The Navigation skill is finally doing something. First of all it allows you to see nearby unvisited sectors, larger your skill, further the reach. Secondly it finally increases your job limit (but not linearly).

There was a small bug in the last update that was not allowing more than 9 warehouse slot upgrades, should've always been 10.

You can finally sell ships. You can't sell your initial ship, still. And there's no trade-in option, but the general ability is there.

And, please enjoy the new chat system, including tabs, private messages and ability to press Enter on whichever tab you're on to send to appropriate destinations.

Finally, we had to rewrite a very low-level database module, which lead us to tweak each and every page and action in the game. We gave it a thorough testing, but there's a possibility we missed something. So, once again, if some feature that was working perfectly is now giving you problems, please report and we'll try to amend that ASAP.

Edit: there was a hiccup with new chat system roll-out. Seems to be fine now.  Is it fine?
SatoshiGalaxy
Q: Old tech?

I looked up what nm devices we have today and found out that the current gen is 14nm and 10nm is currently being developed.

In view of this, the game's 20-40nm PCBs seems like old tech, despite its futuristic settings.

Huh o_O. Well, you can think of the setting as a retro-futurism, or sci-fi that was written in the 50s'. I know at least one more blatant example where the game doesn't line-up with the current science, which was deliberate. But I'll ask about the nanometers.

Req: Private messaging

Any plans to add private messaging or private chat?

Yes, in fact sooner than expected.

Req: Non-reloading marketplace filters

Is it possible to make it so that selecting filters don't reload the entire page?

There's faint hope to AJAX'ify the whole game, but as I mentioned earlier, the game was not written with this in mind, so it's going to be ugly. The marketplace is the only page where reloading is justified, BTW, because it takes the whole page.
Q: Old tech?

I looked up what nm devices we have today and found out that the current gen is 14nm and 10nm is currently being developed.

In view of this, the game's 20-40nm PCBs seems like old tech, despite its futuristic settings.

Req: Private messaging

Any plans to add private messaging or private chat?

Req: Non-reloading marketplace filters

Is it possible to make it so that selecting filters don't reload the entire page?
SatoshiGalaxy
I'm just presenting my experience from the point of view of a player.
[...]

Like I said, "forgetting about UI lock" is not an option. We're constantly experimenting with our ad strategy, so I'm not saying the situation is never going to change for the better at some point, but at the moment, it is what it is.

Legend has it that...

Hehe. We need more names.

Bug: Marketplace filter

If you're on page 2 on the "All" filter, and you select a more specific filter e.g. "Resources", then it will show nothing at all.

I think what's happening is that it's trying to show you page 2 of "Resources" as well.

Great catch, filed.
You are absolutely correct, but what can we do? (and please don't say "get rid of ads" or "forget about UI lock")

By the way, having better Internet connection gives you an edge all by itself, I think this is consistent with how most online games operate. On the other hand, if ad networks are slow, they're likely slow for everyone, so people would get similar results.

In addition, the game is balanced around minutes, not seconds, and most weapons can't 1-hit-kill you, so those seconds should be negligible anyway.

But generally speaking, yes, you could die because of lag.

Of course I'm not saying that you should get rid of ads, I know this game relies on ad revenues.

I'm just presenting my experience from the point of view of a player. I don't really know how ad impressions are calculated (e.g. is there a limit on impressions you get from an IP in an hour, does it count unique or gross impression, and so on) so I can't really propose an ideal solution.

If it's a lag caused by certain gameplay elements loading slow, then nothing more needs to be said about it. But if the gameplay elements themselves load fast but the lag is due to one or two slow-loading ads, then it's doesn't feel right.

The slowness can differ from page load to page load, instead of being consistently slow over a period of time - think of random spikes instead of a plateau. More importantly, if I understand correctly some of the ads shown are randomized, i.e. sometimes you get ads from network B (slow) and sometimes A (fast) - I think network G (super fast) is on every page though. So not everyone would get the same results. 2 players with the same fast internet could have different speed merely due to the page having different ad network.

It's true that most weapons merely inflict a flesh wound, but it all adds up and before you know it you're lying on the ground with no arms and no legs. What I mean is, the ability to repair is scarce here, so even the smallest damage (10) easily builds up to ship-wrecking extent (with the beginner ship, that is). Let's say a typical page load takes like 6s and the timeout is 20s, that would be more than 2 times the original time of exposure imposed for the sake of a non-gameplay element.

Jesus, I wrote all the above and suddenly a very compelling argument on not needing a UI lock dawned on me.

You have an actual game on your site. It's not exactly a faucet, so users don't claim and bounce.

By not imposing a UI lock, players would be able to perform the next action faster, i.e. they will load the next page faster, i.e. a fresh set of ads get to be shown to users faster. Yes, there will be casualties with the occasional slow-loading ads, but it'd seem that as a whole more ads would get displayed to the user within the same period of time without a UI lock.

That said, I'm not too familiar with advertising networks so it's possible that I've only made a complete fool of myself.

How about giving that a try for a period of time and see what effect it has on total ad revenues?

Legend has it that...

Unstable Dasher is so unstable that he literally split into 5 person.

And let me tell you, those Unstable Dashers really know how to partaaayyyyyy

Bug: Marketplace filter

If you're on page 2 on the "All" filter, and you select a more specific filter e.g. "Resources", then it will show nothing at all.

I think what's happening is that it's trying to show you page 2 of "Resources" as well.
SatoshiGalaxy
I think is better that after we are killed by a ship to respawn in same area

That is how it worked initially (during alpha) and it proved to be wrong for several reasons. So, nope.

i want to ask u if 2 basic reactors on same ship are working togheter and if they will provide 200 energy/minute,

No, but you raise a good point. I think it's a bug to be fixed. Combining reactors should definitely be possible.

same with 2 engines, if they will have same cooldown .....thanks

Each piece of equipment has it's own cooldown, so yeah, having more than 1 engine would yield the desired result.
(2 engines = 2x jumps)

On further thought, isn't locking the UI kind of dangerous to players? As far as I know, gameplay doesn't stop even though the UI is locked. So when the user is in space (e.g. undocking, lifting off, arriving after sector jumping, scanning for asteroids, mining asteroids, approaching asteroids/planets/ships, attacking), hostile NPCs have much more time to attack the player even as the player waits for the UI to unlock.

Also, the unlock time can vary quite a bit depending on ad loading times. In the case of PvP battles, I imagine who's faster would be a significant factor. Considering that ad loading performance being a possible bottleneck in how long it takes for you to act, you could argue that in PvP battles, the outcome could hinge on how long it takes for specific ads to load. That is not a very comforting thought.

You are absolutely correct, but what can we do? (and please don't say "get rid of ads" or "forget about UI lock")

By the way, having better Internet connection gives you an edge all by itself, I think this is consistent with how most online games operate. On the other hand, if ad networks are slow, they're likely slow for everyone, so people would get similar results.

In addition, the game is balanced around minutes, not seconds, and most weapons can't 1-hit-kill you, so those seconds should be negligible anyway.

But generally speaking, yes, you could die because of lag.
Second of all, UI will now unlock by timeout. The timeout is long, but it beats default browser/server timeouts.  Next time some ad network tries to slow us down again, the result will be much less noticeable. However, the game might still register such page loads as ones with adblock on, so tread carefully.

On further thought, isn't locking the UI kind of dangerous to players? As far as I know, gameplay doesn't stop even though the UI is locked. So when the user is in space (e.g. undocking, lifting off, arriving after sector jumping, scanning for asteroids, mining asteroids, approaching asteroids/planets/ships, attacking), hostile NPCs have much more time to attack the player even as the player waits for the UI to unlock.

Also, the unlock time can vary quite a bit depending on ad loading times. In the case of PvP battles, I imagine who's faster would be a significant factor. Considering that ad loading performance being a possible bottleneck in how long it takes for you to act, you could argue that in PvP battles, the outcome could hinge on how long it takes for specific ads to load. That is not a very comforting thought.
Pages:
Jump to: