Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE} - page 92. (Read 109676 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Hello again.
     I want to ask u about other things.....I think is better that after we are killed by a ship to respawn in same area, we lose alot of time if we are spawned in green area and we are in the orange or red......... i want to ask u if 2 basic reactors on same ship are working togheter and if they will provide 200 energy/minute , same with 2 engines, if they will have same cooldown .....thanks
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
You mean the game might think we have adblock on even though we did nothing on our part because of the timeout you added? 

As disconcerting as it sounds, yes. It's really hard to determine if ads are being blocked by accident or by user (because users can sabotage their own connections), so it's all just guesswork from this point on. By "tread carefully" I meant, that you'll see a warning popup about ads if that happens. But don't worry about that too much, as you already know, we do not ban players who act out of good faith.

Tutorial: How to change your avatar

Well, that was fast! The information has been added to the FAQ, as it's no longer a "secret". Congratulations!

Req: Show either buy or recall depending on if it's your item in Marketplace
No access to some links/info once you login

OK, that makes sense, but I've made it lowest priority ever. BTW, you can see all the help pages by clicking on the "Help" menu item.

Worst player ever

That was a very fun read! Glad to see people really playing the game to it's fullest. Your story gave us more ideas to implement too, but I won't tell you which :)

Failed jobs still showing as "in progress"

Meh, you fix 1 bug and 2 more crop up. Thank you!

Bug?: Job limit

Agreed. FYI, trade limit is 5 + Trading Skill, job limit is 5 + Nav Skill.

I don't think this formula is right. My job limit is stuck at 6, even though my nav skill is quite a bit higher than 1.

Hmm, you are right. I'll double-check if I provided the wrong info and it works as intended or if there's actually a bug.

Awesome updates.

Hello, Phenoca.

Glad to know you're still on-board.
Activity: 94
Awesome updates.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
This user is currently ignored.
Sweet bejesus. That's a nice list of updates.

First of all, the chat/log message system got some attention, and should now produce better results in respect to message order. I don't think people were noticing that much, but it was acting kinda wacky before. Same deal with message duplication. It's still not perfect mind you, but I think it's a good step forward.

I definitely noticed it before. Like sometimes the message " exploded in a ball of light" shows up first before the " attacks ..." messages come up. But it wasn't something that bothered me a lot. 

However, the game might still register such page loads as ones with adblock on, so tread carefully.

You mean the game might think we have adblock on even though we did nothing on our part because of the timeout you added? 

Oh, and one more thing. You might've noticed there are avatars attached to player accounts. Nobody asked about changing them, though. We were kinda hoping people would figure it out on their own, but there seems to be no interest.

Let's have a little contest, then. If you manage to do it, post on this forum and you'll receive a small prize.

I actually noticed the gravatar thingy, but I never knew how to change it. I guess now I have the incentive to find out (though it doesn't seem like a good thing if you have to have a competition on figuring out how to use your UI Smiley ). Update: figured it out.

Tutorial: How to change your avatar

• Go to Libravatar and sign up for a new account using the same email account you use for Satoshi Galaxy.
  • Libravatar will send you a confirmation email. Click on the confirmation link in the email.
  • Change the photo on your Libravatar profile.
  • You might have to force a cache refresh (Ctrl+F5) to see a change in your avatar picture

Req: Show either buy or recall depending on if it's your item in Marketplace

You can't use "buy" on something you're selling, and you can't use "recall" on something someone else is selling, so why not make it only a single button that alternates between "buy" and "recall" depending on whether the merchandise is yours?

Ideally I would like a button that's right beside the item I want to buy/recall - so that I don't have scroll all the way down a long list to locate the button - but that involves way more work. I feel the same way about asteroids in the scanner too - you need to scroll quite a bit if for some reason you decided to scan multiple times before prior tracking expires.

No access to some links/info once you login

If you are not logged in, you can see high scores, server stats and footer links (ToS, privacy policy, and Contact Us) on the homepage.

But once you login to the game, you can't find these information/links anymore (without logging out again).

Worst player ever

First I missed an entire freaking planet. And now a freaking GPD cruiser is on my back. I don't remember how much damage Slicing Laser does, but it's probably a one-hit kill.

Ironically, I'm avoiding the GPD cruiser by docking in a GPD outpost while my engine recharges.

Update: the situation has been rektified

It was inevitable as the cruiser was following me even as I jumped sectors. Not sure if they'd have still followed me if I jumped into CONS territory but I don't know since I got shot down as I was about to enter the CONS sector.

God, I think I lost 3000 satoshi's worth of jobs because of this little experiment.

Update 2: I'm so fucked right now. Apparently getting wrecked once wasn't enough. I just passed by Sualocin again and the GPD cruiser started attacking me again.

Failed jobs still showing as "in progress"

As a result of being blown to bits by a GPD cruiser, I've failed a couple of my jobs.

For some reason they're still showing as "in progress" in the Profile, although the steps have been crossed out.

I've checked 2 of those and it seems like I've indeed failed the job despite the confusing wording.

Bug?: Job limit

Agreed. FYI, trade limit is 5 + Trading Skill, job limit is 5 + Nav Skill.

I don't think this formula is right. My job limit is stuck at 6, even though my nav skill is quite a bit higher than 1.
SatoshiGalaxy
Update!

(This time I'm including updates that weren't reported on this forum, for completeness sake. There were also some other serious bugs fixed, but those go unlisted).

• [BUG] It's possible to attack from planet.
  • [BUG] Log order is wrong. (@masterbo2222)
  • [BUG] SQL deadlock on asteroid "death".
  • [BUG] Squad names can collide.
  • [BUG] Password confirm regexp doesn't escape special symbols. (@SatanSavage)
  • [BUG] Player, squad and planet names can be excessively long.
  • [BUG] Chat messages can be excessively long.
  • [BUG] Untargetable ships show 404 error and redirect weirdly.
  • [BUG] It's possible to target from a planet.
  • [BUG] It's possible to target docked/landed ships.
  • [BUG] Warehouse upgrade cost "climate error". (@quistd1229)
  • [BUG] Chat redirects to HOME instead of page it came from. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Warehouse unloading doesn't respect slot.
  • [ENC] Unlock UI via timeout. (@captcher)
  • [ENC] Add ability to topdown sell on stations.
  • [ENC] Login page indistinguishable from home page, shouldn't be.
  • [ENC] Add proper pluralization to item names.
  • [ENC] Play notification sound on repair. (@captcher)
  • [ENC] Add 3 more notification sounds.
  • [ENC] Add desktop notifications.
  • [ENC] New/more highscores (squad members, top skilled).
  • [ENC] After doing something redirect to related tab.
  • [ENC] Bitcointalk thread, "Contact Us" link. (@captcher)

Some of those changes are worth being covered in more details.

First of all, the chat/log message system got some attention, and should now produce better results in respect to message order. I don't think people were noticing that much, but it was acting kinda wacky before. Same deal with message duplication. It's still not perfect mind you, but I think it's a good step forward.

Second of all, UI will now unlock by timeout. The timeout is long, but it beats default browser/server timeouts.  Next time some ad network tries to
slow us down again, the result will be much less noticeable. However, the game might still register such page loads as ones with adblock on, so tread carefully.

Thirdly, you can finally "Sell All" cargo of the same type. The UI for that is not good, and actually somewhat cryptic, so let me explain how it works.

1. Select the "top-most" cargo slot with the desired item type.
2. Now, you can increase the "amount" field to the actual maximum amount of this item "top-down".

In other words, if you have this setup:

- Copper x 4
- Copper x 4 - and you start from here
- Copper x 4
- Copper x 4

You can sell everything from slot 2 to slot 4 or 12 items.
If you start from slot 4, you can only sell 4 items, and if you start from the first one -- all of them.

3. Fiddling around the "amount" field is whacky, so you can also double-click on the desired slot.
4. Another double-click will return it to the normal state.

It's really hard to explain, but you'll figure it out once you try.

Finally, please enjoy (or be annoyed by) new sounds and OS-integrated desktop notifications.

@SatanSavage, if you managed to sign up after all, please PM me with your in-game name.

Oh, and one more thing. You might've noticed there are avatars attached to player accounts. Nobody asked about changing them, though. We were kinda hoping people would figure it out on their own, but there seems to be no interest.

Let's have a little contest, then. If you manage to do it, post on this forum and you'll receive a small prize.
SatoshiGalaxy
Possible bug: Getting tier-3 minerals 3 times in a row

Got an odd (but very good) experience where I mined emerald crystals 3 times in a row on the same asteroid. Is that supposed to happen? I mean, yeah I know technically it's possible, but the probability of 3 times in a row should be super low.

As weird as it is, I believe you were just lucky. Crazy lucky, I must add, the chances of that happening are like 1 in 100 millions, but who knows, random number god works in mysterious ways.

Q: Climate error?

Got an odd error while trying to upgrade warehouse space

Unable to upgrade warehouse: Climate error

Is it because of climate change or something? Damn you all to hell, climate change deniers!

Hehe, nope, that's just a stupid error message, we already had this reported by another player and it's fixed in the next update.

Req: Show slot capacity as a number
Req: Display owner when approaching a planet

Aye, filed those.
Possible bug: Getting tier-3 minerals 3 times in a row

Got an odd (but very good) experience where I mined emerald crystals 3 times in a row on the same asteroid. Is that supposed to happen? I mean, yeah I know technically it's possible, but the probability of 3 times in a row should be super low.

... aaaaand as soon as I was about to post this, I got blown out of space by a rocket launcher Mk I.

Q: Climate error?

Got an odd error while trying to upgrade warehouse space

Unable to upgrade warehouse: Climate error

Is it because of climate change or something? Damn you all to hell, climate change deniers!

Req: Show slot capacity as a number

The tiny boxes are kind of hard to see.

Req: Display owner when approaching a planet

You can already see the planet's owner via the Map, so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to see the owner when you approach the planet.

SatoshiGalaxy
It does sound pretty inconvenient, but that makes sense to us. And yeah, that "bug" will probably be fixed one day, but we're not pressing it, to give some sort of middle-ground.

Well, one could rationalize that in stations/planets there could be (hypothetically speaking) parties that don't mind getting free stuff (== stuff that you are discarding) - in the case of planets that are uninhabited, well there's no one to give you shit for dumping stuff there heheh. With these in mind, one could argue that it's not unreasonable to be able to discard stuff everywhere.

Lurkers from down below. OK, that's a good rationalization :)

Yes, maybe even a blog. We're trying to leverage external services (like this forum) as much as possible to right now, so maybe a Facebook page or Twitter accounts will fill that role. But having a formal changelog is never bad.

I was actually thinking that a static page - updated every time you have some non-too-trivial changes - would be a good starting point. And you could do both the forum and the news/changelog - it's not like an either-or thing right?

No, of course it's not. And yeah, I got what you meant, I'll work on it in my spare time.

:(

Yeah, it happens :( We're going to address it in the next update, promise!

Hello....

Hello, darrky.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll be honest, your wall of text (with many typos) is pretty hard to read, even though your grasp of English seems to be rather good. May I ask you to put more effort into your posts next time? Thanks :)

1. First question will be : if I will go in red pvp zone is possible that someone loot my satoshi or can loot only what i have in cargo?

2. Second: if is true that if i am going to min in an unprotected area or in a pvp are i have chances to get better minerals that in a green one?

3. Is any posibility that after i buy a new ship to move the equipment from the ship that game gave me in the new one?

4. is very anoying that all the time when i refine, craft and sell smth to lose cpu, after i mine once i lose like 9 cpu to refine, craft and sell and i dont think is normal to lose cpu during that proces,

5. other thing will be to do something with the ship i have, to  give exchange for a new ship and pay the difference or find a selling method that inclued ship that we have from the game for a new one,

6. or impelement smth that we could at least move some equipments from the ship we had

:) thanks and i am waiting an answer

1. You can lose your cargo, but not your satoshi.
2. Yeah, "orange" and "red" zones are better for mining.
3+6. Yes, you can  move equipment across ships.
4. You are correct and that's being addressed (one step at a time).
5. There's not going to be a "trade-in" feature in the foreseeable future (too tricky to implement), but you of course will be able to sell ships.

I like this concept. Ill sign up right away

Hello, Coaxme. Hope you'll find the game enjoyable.
I like this concept. Ill sign up right away
Activity: 51
Hello....i want to ask u some things about game and to talk about some improvements....First question will be : if i will go in red pvp zone is possible that someone loot my satoshi or can loot only what i have in cargo? Second if is true that if i am going to min in an unprotected area or in a pvp are i have chances to get better minerals that in a green one?Is any posibility that after i buy a new ship to move the equipment from the ship that game gave me in the new one? about improvments....is very anoying that all the time when i refine, craft and sell smth to lose cpu, after i mine once i lose like 9 cpu to refin ,craft and sell and i dont think is normal to lose cpu during that proces, is much to high, that mean any time after this operations i need to refil with 10 cpu, will be nice if u will go smth about this.... other thing will be to do something with the ship i have, to  give exchange for a new ship and pay the difference or find a selling method that inclued ship that we have from the game for a new one, or impelement smth that we could at least move some equipments from the ship we had from game to new one, generator, mining lasers, scanner etc Smiley thanks and i am waiting an answer
It does sound pretty inconvenient, but that makes sense to us. And yeah, that "bug" will probably be fixed one day, but we're not pressing it, to give some sort of middle-ground.

Well, one could rationalize that in stations/planets there could be (hypothetically speaking) parties that don't mind getting free stuff (== stuff that you are discarding) - in the case of planets that are uninhabited, well there's no one to give you shit for dumping stuff there heheh. With these in mind, one could argue that it's not unreasonable to be able to discard stuff everywhere.

Yes, maybe even a blog. We're trying to leverage external services (like this forum) as much as possible to right now, so maybe a Facebook page or Twitter accounts will fill that role. But having a formal changelog is never bad.

I was actually thinking that a static page - updated every time you have some non-too-trivial changes - would be a good starting point. And you could do both the forum and the news/changelog - it's not like an either-or thing right?

:(
SatoshiGalaxy
1. Most likely will not be implement. You should only be able to jettison stuff in space.

So you mean if a player wants to discard stuff from their cargo, you ideally want the player to undock/liftoff, discard, then dock/land again? That sounds pretty inconvenient. Does this also mean that you consider that being able to discard anywhere via the Ship page now to be a bug that should be fixed?

You just won "Genocide" achievement :) We joked about that internally, good to know someone's really doing it :)

Not that I want to stare at my Genocide achievement from time to time or anything, but where do I find the achievements? I only see Medals on the Profile page.

Right, I was using "achievements" in a humorous way, and yeah, "medals" basically cover those. We toyed with the idea of adding one for "genocide", but now that the jig is up, probably won't :)

How much can we earn per day with this game?

Doing some napkin math here ...

That's an excellent analysis, I think everything is right here. Keep in mind, that you can encounter "richer" asteroids, you can find a "fat bonus" of minerals worth 10 000 satoshi (unlikely, but possible), and you can explore other avenues for profiting, such as crafting, hunting, leveraging the marketplace, etc.

It also makes a very compelling point that selling items slot by slot (as mentioned by other players as well) is not only tiresome, but also wastes CPU points and page loads. That really never was our intent, it simply is an UI problem, which we'll try to address ASAP.

Req: Changelog page
Req: Sort by % of NPC price in marketplace

Price percentage is an interesting idea, I'll throw it around and see what comes of it.

Aaaaand I just unlocked "And you thought you were scarred for life" achievement.

My god, that's just crazy. I would've bitten my hand off :)

One of my cargo slots is at -2 but is also full at same time... what the hell xD

Admin plz help username ingame same as here :)

EDIT: Never mind it auto-fixed when i mined a few asteroids :p

Ouch. Do you remember how you managed to achieve that? We had that bug during alpha, but were quite sure it was fixed since then. I'm guessing not in all cases.

So many quotes to reply hehe

Thank you all for your answers, very clear. I will continue exploring this game, hope to make some profit and have some fun.  :)

The community is pretty great so far. Make sure to make friends and attack those pesky NPCs together, everyone :)

Where do i go to upgrade the ship?

Hello, Your Point is Invalid.

Most space stations allow upgrades, see the "Upgrade" tab for prices. Note, that cargo upgrades are done via the "Upgrade" button on your cargo hold and that your base ship is already at maximum hull and energy capacity.
Activity: 756
Merit: 510
Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god
Where do i go to upgrade the ship?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
So many quotes to reply hehe

Thank you all for your answers, very clear. I will continue exploring this game, hope to make some profit and have some fun.  Smiley
Activity: 6
One of my cargo slots is at -2 but is also full at same time... what the hell xD

Admin plz help username ingame same as here Smiley

EDIT: Never mind it auto-fixed when i mined a few asteroids :p
1. Most likely will not be implement. You should only be able to jettison stuff in space.

So you mean if a player wants to discard stuff from their cargo, you ideally want the player to undock/liftoff, discard, then dock/land again? That sounds pretty inconvenient. Does this also mean that you consider that being able to discard anywhere via the Ship page now to be a bug that should be fixed?

That's actually not a bad idea at all! Those slow ad networks are brining the whole experience down

No kidding. To use an analogy, it's like wanting to watch 30 min TV show and being forced to wait for 2 - 6 hours for advertisement to show up before the show would play.

You just won "Genocide" achievement Smiley We joked about that internally, good to know someone's really doing it Smiley

Not that I want to stare at my Genocide achievement from time to time or anything, but where do I find the achievements? I only see Medals on the Profile page.

Doing some napkin math here and treating this like a regular faucet (though it's far from it), initially you can probably "claim" a minimum of 60 satoshis every 4 minutes, with every "claim" requiring 7.5 page loads. This number is for when you're just starting out and it will change when you get upgrades/planets and all that jazz.

Here's the breakdown (feel free to skip this part):

Assuming you get 20 copper ores from mining an asteroid, you can use those to craft 2 copper plates and assuming each sells for 30 satoshis (you could possibly get better prices like 40-50) => each "claim" nets you 60 satoshis.

Now the laser you use to mine consumes 40 energy, and the engine you initially have regenerates 10 energy/min. So even though you start out with 2 lasers, you'll plateau at one mining (equivalent, one claim) every 4 mins.

As to the page loads, for every claim you have these steps each of which takes 1 page load

• undock from trade station
  • approach asteroid
  • mine asteroid (*)
  • dock at trade station
  • craft 1 copper plate from 10 copper ores (*)
  • craft 1 copper plate from 10 copper ores (*)
  • sell the 2 copper plates (*)

now each of the steps with asterisks also consumes 1 CPU point - that's a total of 4. I'm going to use 5 here because sometimes you have extra copper ores and selling them would take 1 CPU point. You solve a captcha (1 page load) to get 10 CPU points so there's 1 page load for every 2 "claims", making our total 7.5 page loads per "claim".

Req: Changelog page

I think you should have some kind of "News" or "Changelog" page on the website. It'd be interesting to see how far the game's development has come along + it could inspire confidence that the game is under active development.

Req: Sort by % of NPC price in marketplace

I'm usually more interested in merchandise that's significantly cheaper than the NPC price, so I think having this sorting option would be very handy. It also has the side benefit of filtering out items in sale that I'm better off buying off NPCs.

Aaaaand I just unlocked "And you thought you were scarred for life" achievement.

SatoshiGalaxy
I too, sometime see posts in this thread and then they vanish... I'm guessing (hoping) authors deleting own posts.

Regardless, using websockets is not something doable in foreseeable future. We had that discussion (what to use? plain HTML/AJAX/websockets?) back when the development started and settled on plain old HTML with some AJAX here and there. That was probably not the best decision, but it's not something we can easily change now.
I was indeed talking about Web Sockets, but then I remembered that the whole game uses mostly static pages, so I decided to remove my post. I mean, it's still better than AJAX, but the difference isn't big enough, IMO, to justify rewriting their server (and it would be a good idea to redo the whole loading and browsing flow as well).

All that is absolutely correct.

Q: Colonizing planets

Follow-up questions

• Is claiming a planet == colonizing the planet?
  • Would I need to biodome before colonization is possible if the planet starts out with 0/0 population?

As in, does the planet need to have a non-zero max population for colonization to be possible?

I think I've only seen 1 unclaimed planet with 0/ population only once in my travels - seems like such planets are very rare.

Only M-class (earth-like) planets are inhabitable without biodomes (and even then, you still should build some), as, yes, that's what's needed to increase max population. Claiming = colonizing, yes.

Req: More distinguishable buttons

Hmm, I'll see what we can do.

Req: An upper limit on waiting time before UI unlocks

That's actually not a bad idea at all! Those slow ad networks are brining the whole experience down. Adalso.com was the worst offender in the past (it looks like they've upgraded their infrastructure since then), blockadz.com are the worst right now (but it depends, some days they're fine).

Req: Ability to discard all cargo everywhere
Req: Ability to move items between cargo units

2. Yeah, that's on the list.

Colonists hate him!

You just won "Genocide" achievement :) We joked about that internally, good to know someone's really doing it :)

Also, missing an "s" there.

There's a "add proper pluralization of item names" ticket in the works and last time I checked, the code was actually ready. I'll double-check why hasn't that been rolled out yet. Thanks for the reminder!

Hmm, ok thank you, i see now the upgrades costs. I didn't receive any confirmation e-mail yet. Maybe need to request it.

Hello, mrcash02.

Feel free to re-request the confirmation E-Mail, and make sure to check the Junk/Spam folder, maybe your spam filter is too aggressive.

I can't really tell you how much you can earn, because that varies drastically between different playstyles, upgrades, skill levels, your luck, time you're willing to spend, etc. Not to mention bitcoin prices going up and down. Perhaps other players can share their experiences with you. We had a plan to make an (internal) calculator to at least see what the brackets are, but that got very low priority since we're kinda overwhelmed with more pressing matters.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I used to get 10 CPU per captcha solving, now its just 7.

Is this a bug or intentional feature?

I get 5 CPU every claim without any upgrade.

I started today, looks nice game, but it's a bit confuse yet. How can i see ship capacity upgrade costs?

You should be able to get 10 per claim by verifying email address.  For ship capacity costs, dock at a THX port, and go to upgrades. should see it there

if you got the starting ship, you can only upgrade the cargo, and you do that directly from your cargo screen. each slot can be upgraded to 8

Now for the admins Tongue Im unsure how to claim a planet.  Errors it gave state that it is unpopulated, so first thought i needed to find a class M or build a biosphere. Well, found a class M. tried again, said unpolulated. so I tried to spend 5000 satoshi for population. It said I couldnt do that beause it was unpopulated. How am I supposed to populate it if I get no population errors when I attempt to populate it?

Hmm, ok thank you, i see now the upgrades costs. I didn't receive any confirmation e-mail yet. Maybe need to request it.

Q: Colonizing planets

So you have to recruit colonists from another inhabited planet (wait, is occupied == inhabited?) and bring them to the target planet to colonize the target planet? I'm pretty confused about the mechanism here.

Aye, that is correct. People should come from somewhere.

I gotta go find an inhabited planet then. It feels like all of the planets I've landed on are uninhabited though (there was one but whoever owns it prohibits other people from landing there). - update: found 2 such planets, now holding 2 colonists in my cargo - hired each for 500.

Follow-up questions

• Is claiming a planet == colonizing the planet?
  • Would I need to biodome before colonization is possible if the planet starts out with 0/0 population?

As in, does the planet need to have a non-zero max population for colonization to be possible?

I think I've only seen 1 unclaimed planet with 0/ population only once in my travels - seems like such planets are very rare.

Req: More distinguishable buttons

A complete redesign is badly needed. We simply don't have the resources to pull it off. If this game ever brings us income, we'll allocate some funds (and time) on a redesign.

I was actually just thinking of making some color changes to make the UI elements stand out from the background, and not requesting a UI overhaul.

Req: An upper limit on waiting time before UI unlocks

I have observed that most of the UI elements are locked until all the ads are fully loaded.

Some ads notably BlockAdz and RichTraff can take a long time - sometimes exceeding 20 seconds - to load, which is problematic for a browser game. Today I've also been getting 504 error on BlockAdz ads (it seems like this is a server-side error and not my internet provider's fault?) meaning that I get locked out for 60 seconds after the page loads. Also encountered a 500 server error with Mellow Ads twice now (the first time took 50s of waiting, the second time 76s) and a 524 error (100s).

The other components - game stuff, Adsense, and other advertising networks - work fine and load within 5-6 seconds.

I wonder if you could do something about this, because having to wait 60 seconds to use the interface is not what I would call 'fun'. I'm thinking of something like `min(some_constant, ads_fully_loaded)' for unlocking the UI.

No one else seems to be complaining about this, but I don't think my solution cuts too much into ad revenues (or does it?).

Req: Ability to discard all cargo everywhere

I'd like to be able to discard cargo everywhere - while I'm docked on a station, landed on a planet, or floating in space. I know I can already do that by going to Ship -> Cargo but that's clunky considering that there's already a Cargo section when you're docked/landed.

Also it'd be handy to have a "discard all" button, so instead of doing the same action 4 or more times, you can get it done all in one go.

Req: Ability to move items between cargo units

Bumping up an old request:

Add the ability to move the items between cargo units. For example, if I have 5 copper in a cargo unit (capacity 8), and 3 copper in another cargo unit (capacity 8), I hope to be able to put all 8 in a single cargo unit so I can free up the second cargo unit

Colonists hate him!

One of these days I'm going to be convicted of crimes against humanity

Also, missing an "s" there.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
I too, sometime see posts in this thread and then they vanish... I'm guessing (hoping) authors deleting own posts.

Regardless, using websockets is not something doable in foreseeable future. We had that discussion (what to use? plain HTML/AJAX/websockets?) back when the development started and settled on plain old HTML with some AJAX here and there. That was probably not the best decision, but it's not something we can easily change now.
I was indeed talking about Web Sockets, but then I remembered that the whole game uses mostly static pages, so I decided to remove my post. I mean, it's still better than AJAX, but the difference isn't big enough, IMO, to justify rewriting their server (and it would be a good idea to redo the whole loading and browsing flow as well).
Pages:
Jump to: