Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE} - page 90. (Read 109828 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
other thing that happend to my, i killed 2 ships, both with 100 hp and got nothing in loot, if is this a normal thing and is not a bug i hope other will see this and will not spend satoshi for nothing, to buy weapons and try to kill ships.....ok now i killed 5 ships and i got like 4 coper plates and 1 nmc pb 40, this mean like 250 satoshi and took me 1 hour....this is a bad joke guys, i advice all of u to not try killing ships and to mine only, i think not event if u spend 1 milion satoshi on weapons mining will be better...in mining i can get an average of 600 satoshi at 6 minutes with normal mining equip, that can be improved with big ming lasers...i hope the game creator will change smth at the ships loot becouse is very low ...the loot at ships is crap, and i dont want to offend anyone...when u atack at the begining almost half of your attacks are missed shots.....i think u realy need to rethink ships loot and rebalanced acording to how hard is , here are not only missing shots but after a number of shipps killed for sure u will die and u need to wait 1 hour with privateer to be respawn again
Hello, now my ship is at nash, i mean my old ship but is not ok becouse i cant move it from there...i was using them as storage where i mined....is bad that u cant move both ships at a location, now is impossible or corect me if i am wrong...also if i want to refifine what i am mining i need 2 times to refill cpu( i am mining with 3 lasers every 5 minutes) did u think is ok only for a mining trip once at 5 minutes to refill cpu 2 times?
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
By the way, there's a typo there: "it's cooldown value is deducted"
"Unable to npcshipsell"

Fixed, thanks!

Forum
I know where the forum is, but could you add a link to the UI for convenience's sake, like "Forum" on the nav bar?

Also, it appears that a user can delete any other user's forum post. I thought the button was like many buttons in the game - it's there but only gives an error when you press it - but apparently it actually works.

p/s: Saw a CONS dude saying 'Tried our forum yet?'. Doesn't that break immersion?

All those things (including the CONS message) will change, but I can't give you any reasonable timeframe. The link will appear as forum becomes more usable, and we're more sure the database won't be wiped.

Q: The rarity of scanners

I seem to notice you rarely find a scanner in the equipment shops - relative to other equipment types. In fact, the time when I reported that scanner description issue was the first time I've seen a scanner in a shop. (Upd: actually I've just seen a second one... an SCN-B Basic! Pretty underwhelming though)

Is this intentional?

That is actually an interesting question. The real problem is that there aren't enough scanner types in the game, because some of the functionality for them hasn't been implemented yet. In theory, scanners should do more than just search for asteroids, that brings additional stats and thus variety.

We'll also lower the Tracking stat of the newbie scanner in the future.

Bug?: Alert message and sound notification not triggering sometimes

Sometimes when I'm under attack, I don't seem to get the alert message on top or the sound notification.

Filed, will check.

Bug: Getting logged out when I try to perform some action
This happened twice - once when I was trying to sell something to NPC, another when I was trying to undock from a THX.

Might be an isolated incident though.

Filed. If someone has additional information regarding this, please share. Could be a side-effect of database module upgrades, we had a similar bug during alpha.

Bug: Alert text not very visible against certain backgrounds

I noticed that on planets, the alert text is black. For example

It's less visible compared to the white-ish alert text elsewhere like

Yup, on the TODO list.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
This user is currently ignored.

I see. By the way, there's a typo there: "it's cooldown value is deducted"

Forum

Another interesting point is that we decided to roll out our forum software, as incomplete as it is. It's having a separate development process, along with separate version numbers and separate bug/TODO list.

I know where the forum is, but could you add a link to the UI for convenience's sake, like "Forum" on the nav bar?

Also, it appears that a user can delete any other user's forum post. I thought the button was like many buttons in the game - it's there but only gives an error when you press it - but apparently it actually works.

p/s: Saw a CONS dude saying 'Tried our forum yet?'. Doesn't that break immersion?

Q: The rarity of scanners

I seem to notice you rarely find a scanner in the equipment shops - relative to other equipment types. In fact, the time when I reported that scanner description issue was the first time I've seen a scanner in a shop. (Upd: actually I've just seen a second one... an SCN-B Basic! Pretty underwhelming though)

Is this intentional?

"Unable to npcshipsell"

Are you trying to make "npcshipsell" a thing?

Bug?: Alert message and sound notification not triggering sometimes

Sometimes when I'm under attack, I don't seem to get the alert message on top or the sound notification.

Bug: Getting logged out when I try to perform some action

This happened twice - once when I was trying to sell something to NPC, another when I was trying to undock from a THX.

Might be an isolated incident though.

Bug: Alert text not very visible against certain backgrounds

I noticed that on planets, the alert text is black. For example

It's less visible compared to the white-ish alert text elsewhere like

SatoshiGalaxy
Help i am stuck at outpost nash :((( i left my ship at denb el ohab outpost( my ship is a privateer ) and my engine was on first shipt, i found my privateer , i think was killed but dont know how becouse i left him at outpost, not in space and now i am stauck at nash, my engine is on other ship and at nash outpost noone selling an engine....i wasnt killed becouse of my mistake, i know for sure i logged out when my ship was in outpost, not in space....waiting an answer, thanks

Hi, this honestly looks like a player mistake, as I'm 97% sure you can't die while being docked to a station, but I'll tow your other ship to Nash, nonetheless.

BTW, Nash will (probably) start selling engines on next price re-roll.

However, we're about to roll out some updates, I'll deal with your problem right after that, promise :)

Edit: OK, your original ship should be nearby now.

Update!

• [BUG] Cross-sector attacks. (@captcher) -- hopefully
  • [BUG] Equipment/Tracking stat not being shown on stations. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Warehouse unloading(ship->planet) is not perfect-stacking.
  • [BUG] Can't target NPCs.
  • [ENC] Mark offline players in Squad rooster.

The most important update happened underneath, with the database module adjustments, that'll likely brings us both troubles and speed-ups.

Another interesting point is that we decided to roll out our forum software, as incomplete as it is. It's having a separate development process, along with separate version numbers and separate bug/TODO list. So please consider it pre-alpha and don't report too many bugs about it, we know there are plenty. Still it should work and it will be easier to fix in the future, now that it's integrated with the game.

(Also, please don't use it to report bugs; we're going to wipe the forum database often, and your reports will likely get lost. Please keep using this thread; PM me, or send an E-Mail, as usual).
Help i am stuck at outpost nash Sad(( i left my ship at denb el ohab outpost( my ship is a privateer ) and my engine was on first shipt, i found my privateer , i think was killed but dont know how becouse i left him at outpost, not in space and now i am stauck at nash, my engine is on other ship and at nash outpost noone selling an engine....i wasnt killed becouse of my mistake, i know for sure i logged out when my ship was in outpost, not in space....waiting an answer, thanks
SatoshiGalaxy
hello again...i am using the double click thing but still i am loosing like 10 cpu or more after i mine only once when i need to refine 4 copper ingots , max capacity for privateer...

Well, 1 CPU refill per 1 mining run is not too bad, IMHO. But yeah, we'll try to optimize this area as much as possible.

Bug?: squad name vs player name as planet owner

I found that it's possible to spoof a player as the planet's owner by setting your squad's name as that player's name. I think it's probably a good idea to have something to differentiate when it's a squad name vs a player name.

Good point, filed.

Bug: Missing value for "Tracking" field

I saw SCN-A Basic Scanner on sale in an outpost and it has an empty "Tracking" field.

Thank you, filed.

Q: Tracking cost == cooldown time?

I noticed that a mining laser's tracking cost is the same as the cooldown time, based on the few mining lasers I've seen.

Is that true for the weapons as well?

Yes, as "explained" here http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/help/manual#tracking

See also https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13682607

Hello I just tried to buy the "Energy Capacity" upgrade to see what it gives but whenever i try to buy one it tells me : Unable to upgrade reactor: Already at maximum capacity, but it's the first time i'm trying to buy one.

Hello, Ouaoua27!

The upgrade is intended for other ships. If you take a look at the shipyard, you'll see some ships have their energy listed as (for example) "20 => 40". That means the ships starts with a value 20, but can be upgraded to 40. Newbie ship is already at max hull and energy capacity, so there is nothing to upgrade.

Everyone, we're making some aggressive optimizations on database cache and that can lead to new bugs popping up. Please report anything out of the ordinary.
Activity: 2
Hello I just tried to buy the "Energy Capacity" upgrade to see what it gives but whenever i try to buy one it tells me : Unable to upgrade reactor: Already at maximum capacity, but it's the first time i'm trying to buy one.
BTW, we see people still sell things slot-by-slot. I guess a hint is in order. That piece of info was added to the starting tutorial, so new players are more likely to figure it out. But I'm guessing there are players who already finished the tutorial, yet don't read this thread. Tell your friends all about it!

I find myself not using the double-click to sell feature very often because most of the time it's more profitable to process the minerals first before selling. So prior to selling I usually end up with 1 slot of materials and 1 slot of minerals.

Bug?: squad name vs player name as planet owner

I found that it's possible to spoof a player as the planet's owner by setting your squad's name as that player's name. I think it's probably a good idea to have something to differentiate when it's a squad name vs a player name.

Bug: Missing value for "Tracking" field

I saw SCN-A Basic Scanner on sale in an outpost and it has an empty "Tracking" field.

Q: Tracking cost == cooldown time?

I noticed that a mining laser's tracking cost is the same as the cooldown time, based on the few mining lasers I've seen.

Is that true for the weapons as well?
hello again...i am using the double click thing but still i am loosing like 10 cpu or more after i mine only once when i need to refine 4 copper ingots , max capacity for privateer...
SatoshiGalaxy
I've actually experienced the same issue a few times. I think there's a bug(?) with logging attacks. Doesn't have to be jumping between sectors - it happened once when I was mining an asteroid.

Update: and it just happened again as I was trying to land on a planet. You can see from the screenshot below that no attack showed up in the log, even after my ship was fully repaired.

Bug: Cross-sector attacks

I have a feeling those 2 are connected. Cross-sector attacks is major bug, BTW, thanks for confirming it (we suspected it might exist).

Req: Same double-click feature for jettisoning (and other places)
Req: Take destination capacity into account when calculating "max" item value

The double-click feature is destined to be expanded to jettisoning, warehouse loading/unloading and movement between ships (and something else I forgot?). NPC sale was our testing grounds for it, looks like it works well.

It's not going to be implemented for Marketplace, as there's a hard link between slots and limits.

It might be implemented for refining/crafting, but at some very later date (because of code entanglement and UI logic gaps).

As for your second request, i.e. taking destination capacity into account, that's an excellent idea, it does make sense. Hopefully that will be implemented sooner, than later. (And hopefully it won't be too confusing, as people might not realize that they are being caped by destination space, not source quantity).

Slave trade

Today I tried to sell some colonists on the marketplace, and I found out, much to my dismay, that "This item is tagged by GPD".

We wanted to add a "we do not condone slavery" error message, but it turned out we already had this one in place, got lazy and forgot about it. There's no slave trading in SatoshiGalaxy! :)

Q: Contradictory things being said about mining lasers?

One of the lines you see in THX's is this

Our engineers are working on application of Mining Lasers for combat. If we make that breakthrough, small-time miners will have better chances of defending themselves.

But I remember seeing another quote as saying that Mining Laser cannot be used for combat not because of physical limitations but because of restrictions placed by manufacturers.

These seem to contradict each other, no?

I don't think there's any contradiction. If anything, there's yet another message telling us, that the experiment ended successfully, and mining laser hacks are now available. Those quotes need some updating, I guess.

Hello, i still think is anyone that u lose so much cpu refining, crafting , moving, selling items, most of the time after one mining trip i need to refill cpu with 10 units, for my point of view is to much.

Hello again! Have you seen the "sell all" feature on the space stations (the double-click thingy discussed above)? Does it help at all? We'll expand it to other areas as well, hopefully you'll find that more to your liking. Please see my reply above for more details.

BTW, we see people still sell things slot-by-slot. I guess a hint is in order. That piece of info was added to the starting tutorial, so new players are more likely to figure it out. But I'm guessing there are players who already finished the tutorial, yet don't read this thread. Tell your friends all about it!
Hello, i still think is anyone that u lose so much cpu refining, crafting , moving, selling items, most of the time after one mining trip i need to refill cpu with 10 units, for my point of view is to much.Is anyone willing to share a part of his knowledge about blueprints recipe ingredients?
Sorry about that, the bug was trickier than we thought. Please try it now!

It works now (finally), thanks. Time to initiate the breeding program.

I just got this message:

Unable to dock: Ship is wrecked, landing gear malfunctioning

I was in an extremely dangerous area with low hull integrity, but there were no attacks on my log.  Is this normal?

Hello, sportkiller!

Thanks for your report. I'm pretty sure ships don't explode on their own. I'd imagine you were wrecked just before you jumped between sectors, or something similar. I've filed a "verify all relevant logs are displayed on edge cases" ticket. Sorry for not being much of help here.

I've actually experienced the same issue a few times. I think there's a bug(?) with logging attacks. Doesn't have to be jumping between sectors - it happened once when I was mining an asteroid.

Update: and it just happened again as I was trying to land on a planet. You can see from the screenshot below that no attack showed up in the log, even after my ship was fully repaired.

Req: Same double-click feature for jettisoning (and other places)

In an earlier update, this feature is added to the game

1. Select the "top-most" cargo slot with the desired item type.
2. Now, you can increase the "amount" field to the actual maximum amount of this item "top-down".

In other words, if you have this setup:

- Copper x 4
- Copper x 4 - and you start from here
- Copper x 4
- Copper x 4

You can sell everything from slot 2 to slot 4 or 12 items.
If you start from slot 4, you can only sell 4 items, and if you start from the first one -- all of them.

3. Fiddling around the "amount" field is whacky, so you can also double-click on the desired slot.
4. Another double-click will return it to the normal state.

I was wondering if the same feature can be added to jettisoning.

Also I have in mind a more complex version of this feature: upon double-clicking the slot, the value inserted in the "amount" field takes account of how many the destination can take. For example, you're trying to unload some copper ore to a warehouse. That warehouse has 3 slots shown below

• Capacity of 10; stores 3 iron ores.
  • Capacity of 10; stores 2 copper ores.
  • Capacity of 5; empty.

Using the example you gave, if we double-click the first cargo slot, it would enter 16 in the "amount" field. But with this scheme I'm proposing, it would enter 13 instead, because the warehouse can only take 13 more copper ores.

In short, instead of
Code:
amount=this_slot_and_slots_below
I'm proposing
Code:
amount=min(this_slot_and_slots_below, capacity_of_destination

I think this can be applied to

• moving items from cargo to warehouse and vice versa.
  • claiming items from marketplace
  • buying items from NPC

Of course, this doesn't change anything with regard to selling to NPC and jettisoning since the capacity of the destination is infinite.

Does this make sense?

Bug: Cross-sector attacks

One way to reproduce this:

• Go to an unsafe sector, let's call this Sector Eve.
  • Open a link (for example the Ship page) on a second tab.
  • On the original tab, jump to a safe sector, let's call this Sector Alice. Leave Britney the other tab alone.
  • Stay in space (i.e. don't dock or land) - you might have to approach asteroids/planets.
  • Get rekt by enemies from Sector Eve, even though you're in Sector Alice now.

I'm not sure if you have to be under attack in Sector Eve first or not for this to work.

Slave trade

Today I tried to sell some colonists on the marketplace, and I found out, much to my dismay, that "This item is tagged by GPD".

Q: Contradictory things being said about mining lasers?

One of the lines you see in THX's is this

Our engineers are working on application of Mining Lasers for combat. If we make that breakthrough, small-time miners will have better chances of defending themselves.

But I remember seeing another quote as saying that Mining Laser cannot be used for combat not because of physical limitations but because of restrictions placed by manufacturers.

These seem to contradict each other, no?
SatoshiGalaxy
Bug: Climate error
Nope, still getting "climate error". Additionally I've done a cache refresh and it didn't help either.

Sorry about that, the bug was trickier than we thought. Please try it now!

Bug: Events before you jumped into a sector is shown in log

Let's say you jump from Sector A into Sector B. The event that happened in Sector B within the past hour or so is shown in your log.

Not sure if this is supposed to happen.

Although that's counter-intuitive, that's how it's supposed to work. So be careful with what you broadcast sector-wide.

I just got this message:

I was in an extremely dangerous area with low hull integrity, but there were no attacks on my log.  Is this normal?

Hello, sportkiller!

Thanks for your report. I'm pretty sure ships don't explode on their own. I'd imagine you were wrecked just before you jumped between sectors, or something similar. I've filed a "verify all relevant logs are displayed on edge cases" ticket. Sorry for not being much of help here.
Activity: 3
I just got this message:

Bug: Climate error

Nope, still getting "climate error". Additionally I've done a cache refresh and it didn't help either.

Bug: Events before you jumped into a sector is shown in log

Let's say you jump from Sector A into Sector B. The event that happened in Sector B within the past hour or so is shown in your log.

Not sure if this is supposed to happen.
SatoshiGalaxy
Getting "climate error" when building biodome

I finally got enough plexiglass to build a biodome but I get the dreaded "Unable to build: Climate error" when I try to build it.

If the previous warehouse slot issue was anything to go by, does that mean that the planet has already reached the limit of biodomes that can be built (in this case, 0)?

Great catch, there was a subtle bug with max. population on m-class planets. Fixed! Please try it again.
Getting "climate error" when building biodome

I finally got enough plexiglass to build a biodome but I get the dreaded "Unable to build: Climate error" when I try to build it.

If the previous warehouse slot issue was anything to go by, does that mean that the planet has already reached the limit of biodomes that can be built (in this case, 0)?
SatoshiGalaxy
Not trying to be a smart-ass here, just being curious, but are you by some chance using a CRT monitor? It's just I couldn't help but notice that's like the 3rd or 4th request from to you to make things "stand out more", and I can't help but wonder, as they are pretty bright for me. Nevertheless, I'm filing this too.

No CRT for me.

Re: certain buttons, they're bright when I hover over them yes, but otherwise not so much.

Anyway I'm cool with it if everyone thinks it's bright enough.

(Don't get me wrong, our design is horrid from both functionality and aesthetics stand-points, was just curious. One designer who sadly refused to join our team, took a look, and said "well, you've got to start over from scratch", and I agree with him).

We're on "feature freeze" mode now, i.e. not adding more functionality, but fixing the bugs in what's already implemented (and it looks like there's no end to it). Once we pass the beta status, we'll be more open to new features.

Should I stop posting ideas for new features until then?

Nah, keep going. Sometimes our programmer feels, that "well, that shouldn't break anything, might as well implement it", and even if not, I'm still adding them to the list so they might be implemented one day. I was just trying to give some estimates. BTW, I don't remember which, but there were 2 "req" requests from you that went into "definitely not right away" list, but were implemented nonetheless.

Q: Difference between Prospecting and Mining skills

One is described as increasing chances to "find" uncommon ore, the other to "extract" uncommon ore.

I'm guessing the former deals with the chances of "rolling" asteroids with uncommon ore?

You're guessing right. Prospecting deals with which minerals go into "mineral composition" during "rolling", Mining increases your chances to get upper tiers when you hit "mine".

Oh, one more thing I keep forgetting.

• [BUG] Cooldown of newly mounted mining laser. (@captcher)

As hard as we tried, we were unable to reproduce this bug. So if it happens to you (or anyone) again, please be so kind to give us an exact reproduction sequence.
Not trying to be a smart-ass here, just being curious, but are you by some chance using a CRT monitor? It's just I couldn't help but notice that's like the 3rd or 4th request from to you to make things "stand out more", and I can't help but wonder, as they are pretty bright for me. Nevertheless, I'm filing this too.

No CRT for me.

Re: certain buttons, they're bright when I hover over them yes, but otherwise not so much.

Anyway I'm cool with it if everyone thinks it's bright enough.

We're on "feature freeze" mode now, i.e. not adding more functionality, but fixing the bugs in what's already implemented (and it looks like there's no end to it). Once we pass the beta status, we'll be more open to new features.

Should I stop posting ideas for new features until then?

Q: Difference between Prospecting and Mining skills

One is described as increasing chances to "find" uncommon ore, the other to "extract" uncommon ore.

I'm guessing the former deals with the chances of "rolling" asteroids with uncommon ore?

Pages:
Jump to: