Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE} - page 94. (Read 109696 times)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
i can't register...
show This IP address is blocked ??
help me please

Hello, foolcool808.

Please send me a PM with your IP address.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
i can't register...
show This IP address is blocked ??
help me please
SatoshiGalaxy
Whelp, our login system was down for half a day. That sucked.

Fixed now, sorry for the downtime.
SatoshiGalaxy
Fixing another related problem (showing destination sectors for jobs not yet taken) should mostly take care of the problem. I think.

Yes, that would help greatly. Regarding cycling through the job, do you mean that a new job is generated when another job disappears or is completed? Shouldn't the generation of a new job be timed independently of current jobs?

Also, how long does it currently take for dismissed/failed to disappear from my profile? When the job expires? That'd suck for failed jobs that are due to getting destroyed since the player didn't have any say in that.

New jobs are generated on the stations when there are empty slots for them. They are independent from jobs held by players, but that wouldn't stop someone to "eat out" all of them via dismissing.

As for your second question, yes, sadly, that's correct. That will be fine-tuned, but not to the "10 minute" value, more likely to something like "3 hours", or somewhere along the lines. I'll keep you posted.

And there I was just minding my own business and somebody just had to come and re~e~ekt me.

I have been getting that same "problem", but, to me, the worst part is NOT being attacked, that is a part of "ANY" game related to this category, but the TIME-SPAN between attacks: According to what I know so far, jumps take 10 minutes to cooldown, and the attacks are on a 1minute timespan.
They should be at the very least in 2 minute timespans, for us to have at least a 2 minute window to bail out in case of a missed attack lol.

No, that's not correct. NPC attacks respect the weapon cooldowns imposed by their equipment. So i.e. with a 10-minute cooldown weapon, said NPC would only be able to attack every 10 minutes. If you're lucky, you can bypass many unsafe sectors without being attacked at all.

Also, they don't all attack you at once, nor want to, there's an "aggravate" feature, which also gives you a chance to sneak by. And there's going to be additional equipment that would make it even easier, but don't hold your breath for this.

We're pretty happy with current PvE balance.
Activity: 13

And there I was just minding my own business and somebody just had to come and re~e~ekt me.

https://i.imgur.com/BK6Uon1.png

I have been getting that same "problem", but, to me, the worst part is NOT being attacked, that is a part of "ANY" game related to this category, but the TIME-SPAN between attacks: According to what I know so far, jumps take 10 minutes to cooldown, and the attacks are on a 1minute timespan.
They should be at the very least in 2 minute timespans, for us to have at least a 2 minute window to bail out in case of a missed attack lol.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
This user is currently ignored.
Fixing another related problem (showing destination sectors for jobs not yet taken) should mostly take care of the problem. I think.

Yes, that would help greatly. Regarding cycling through the job, do you mean that a new job is generated when another job disappears or is completed? Shouldn't the generation of a new job be timed independently of current jobs?

Also, how long does it currently take for dismissed/failed to disappear from my profile? When the job expires? That'd suck for failed jobs that are due to getting destroyed since the player didn't have any say in that.

SatoshiGalaxy
Yeah, sometimes I feel like it's better to sell copper plates instead of making those PCBs because of the high failure rates. Plus, as I showed in a screenshot earlier, even if you make a PCB, it sometimes sell for a lower price than compared to the copper plates you use to make it.
Well, That is why I try to search for places where the price is the highest at that moment.

Yup, it's a gameplay feature that allows players with better strategies collect more satoshi :)

Minor Marketplace bug

when you go to page 2 of marketplace, the "Seller" column is empty.

Report accepted, thank you!

Terebellum & Terebellum-B

Minor typo? The outpost on Terebellum-B still says "CONS Outpost Terebellum".

Nice catch! I renamed the sectors (by hand) back then, and forgot to rename appropriate stations. Thanks!

Log when your ship gets attacked

Why does it sometimes say

attacks with...

and then say this at other times?

attacks you with...

Yeah, that's definitely a bug we already track. It's somewhat tricky to fix because of some code entanglement. Basically, the "You" form is what should be displayed to you and the third-person form should be displayed to nearby players, but alas, it doesn't work correctly 100% of the time.

Marketplace "All" filter

By default you are shown all categories (Resources, Materials, Circuits, Components, and Equipment).

But once you select a specific filter like "Resources" there is no way to go back to the default view (i.e. all categories), except by going to Station -> Market.

It'd make sense to have an "All" filter.

Very good point, thank you.

Dismissed Jobs (again)

Earlier on you said it should take ~10 mins, but I'm timing things this time, and so far the dismissed job is still in my profile after 3h.

It's a pain in the ass seeing that dismissed jobs still take up job slots.

That's on the list, but after we had a talk, I can't promise you a quick fix. The problem is, if we set the timeout to 10 minutes, people will be able to "cycle" (take-dismiss-take-dismiss) jobs, to the point they'll get all 10 jobs they want. So we might tune that value, but not necessary to "10 minutes". Sorry for not communicating that earlier.

Terebellum & Terebellum-B

Minor typo? The outpost on Terebellum-B still says "CONS Outpost Terebellum".

Log when your ship gets attacked

Why does it sometimes say

attacks with...

and then say this at other times?

attacks you with...

Marketplace "All" filter

By default you are shown all categories (Resources, Materials, Circuits, Components, and Equipment).

But once you select a specific filter like "Resources" there is no way to go back to the default view (i.e. all categories), except by going to Station -> Market.

It'd make sense to have an "All" filter.

Dismissed Jobs (again)

Earlier on you said it should take ~10 mins, but I'm timing things this time, and so far the dismissed job is still in my profile after 3h.

It's a pain in the ass seeing that dismissed jobs still take up job slots.
Yeah, sometimes I feel like it's better to sell copper plates instead of making those PCBs because of the high failure rates. Plus, as I showed in a screenshot earlier, even if you make a PCB, it sometimes sell for a lower price than compared to the copper plates you use to make it.

Well, That is why I try to search for places where the price is the highest at that moment.

Minor Marketplace bug

when you go to page 2 of marketplace, the "Seller" column is empty.

On an irrelevant note, I just unlocked the "Scarred for Life" achievement.

https://i.imgur.com/60NK62l.png

Ouch! Good idea for an achievement, though Wink

How about this one:

https://i.imgur.com/Z1N6FRc.png

Even if it's the most abundant ORE in the game, burning the plates, ANY plate, for a 20nm PCB, and at half price of the market, hurts for any "low lvl" player trying to power up lol.
SatoshiGalaxy

I keep forgetting to check prices before I sell/craft :/

And you wanted to "deselect" that item >:)

Completion before Completion

You guys are right, of course. Added to the list.

To do list
Can you post your to-do list somewhere so that we don't repeat things that you are already planning to implementing?

Speaking of which, that's not a bad idea, I'll see what I can do.

I keep forgetting to check prices before I sell/craft :/

Completion before Completion

(Edited to remove grossly misunderstood stuff)

A NEW BUG/TYPO FOUND:
    Although I was able to complete the mission while being on Muscida, the following report appeared BEFORE "delivering the message":
    https://i.imgur.com/g6higz4.png

I believe that the text on the Deliver Message jobs should be written as "Deliver message FROM location" instead of "Deliver message (location)" as it may give the idea that the player has to go to the other place.
    Wait, wait, wait... Where do I deliver it? -.-' Mega typo on the job report text. The mission was "Completed" but not "Terminated", that I understood.

The wording might be a little confusing, but is accurate. You still have to Dock to station to get your reward, so there is 1 extra step, but it's marked as "completed" because it's the last, "easy" step. As for the sector I think it displays correctly, but I'll double-check.

Like Alterburner, I too find the wording confusing. Even if it requires one last easy step it's still incomplete, so I think marking it as "in progress" would actually be less confusing.

Regarding the "Deliver message ()", it sounds like "Deliver message to ". At first I thought I had to go back to the place where I originally got the job to report back. It'd probably be less confusing to just say "Deliver message".  

To do list

Can you post your to-do list somewhere so that we don't repeat things that you are already planning to implementing?[/list]

Oh, hehe, you seem to be 100% charged already Wink
    ROFLMAO, I know... Just joking around a bit, no offense intended nor trying to worry anyone with a non-existing bug.

And as I also noted, it should take a very long while, since every ship has their unique features, and not being able to haul as much cargo or have as much equipment as the Starter ship and only noticing that after purchase could leave a few players mad.

Well, you could (and should) see ships specs in the Shipyard before buying one.

I can and I do, but MAYBE not every player does a 100% analysis on the specs, they MAY just check the specs that interest them... Everyone is different, right?

NEW INFORMATION: The bug "Accessing unloaded Collection (Ship) Try again?", ...

Thank you! Thanks to @alterburner pinning this down, the bug was finally fixed.
    So it seems that now you can have at least ONE good night sleep  Tongue  Roll Eyes  Grin

One question, but this time, related to something very odd:
    WHY can't we hear the "powerup" sounds? Cheesy

You should enable it in the Settings window on Account page.
    OOOHHHHhh... lol Yeap, I should.
    SatoshiGalaxy
    I think you get extra time when you take the Job. So if it says "offer expires in 5 minutes", it means "time to take the offer", not "time to complete the job".

A moment ago, I came across a job that said the offer expires in 47 minutes. After I took the job and looked at it in my profile, it says "You have 46 minutes to complete this job". So it doesn't appear that you get extra time, unless there's a hidden timer that's independent of the time shown on the job description.

Yeah, I've checked it, and you guys are right. Sorry for giving out misinformation earlier :/ Bug added to the TODO list, thank you.

Ouch! Good idea for an achievement, though ;)
    SatoshiGalaxy
    What battery?
    For the Zapper,  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Oh, hehe, you seem to be 100% charged already ;)

I would like to post one suggestion here in this post:

Why can't we use our beginning ship as a trade-in for a better ship? I tried but didn't managed to accomplish it.

That feature is not yet implemented, sorry :(

And as I also noted, it should take a very long while, since every ship has their unique features, and not being able to haul as much cargo or have as much equipment as the Starter ship and only noticing that after purchase could leave a few players mad.

Well, you could (and should) see ships specs in the Shipyard before buying one.

NEW INFORMATION: The bug "Accessing unloaded Collection (Ship) Try again?", ...

Thank you! Thanks to @alterburner pinning this down, the bug was finally fixed.

WHY can't we hear the "powerup" sounds? :D

You should enable it in the Settings window on Account page.
    I think you get extra time when you take the Job. So if it says "offer expires in 5 minutes", it means "time to take the offer", not "time to complete the job".

A moment ago, I came across a job that said the offer expires in 47 minutes. After I took the job and looked at it in my profile, it says "You have 46 minutes to complete this job". So it doesn't appear that you get extra time, unless there's a hidden timer that's independent of the time shown on the job description.

BTW, THANKS FOR THE MEDAL, but, where do I recharge the battery?

What battery?

For the Zapper,  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Why can't we use our beginning ship as a trade-in for a better ship? I tried but didn't managed to accomplish it.

That feature is not yet implemented, sorry Sad

A NEW BUG/TYPO FOUND:
    Although I was able to complete the mission while being on Muscida, the following report appeared BEFORE "delivering the message":
    https://i.imgur.com/g6higz4.png

I believe that the text on the Deliver Message jobs should be written as "Deliver message FROM location" instead of "Deliver message (location)" as it may give the idea that the player has to go to the other place.
    Wait, wait, wait... Where do I deliver it? -.-' Mega typo on the job report text. The mission was "Completed" but not "Terminated", that I understood.

The wording might be a little confusing, but is accurate. You still have to Dock to station to get your reward, so there is 1 extra step, but it's marked as "completed" because it's the last, "easy" step. As for the sector I think it displays correctly, but I'll double-check.

The "Description" for the sector that I was in was correct, as was the sector name present on that mission, the wording used on the sentence of the second step of the mission was what was messing with me: Did I really had to go to the sector that originated the mission or not?? In the previous Message-Delivery it wasn't needed, and that was what was bugging me.

NEW INFORMATION: The bug "Accessing unloaded Collection (Ship) Try again?", is still appearing in the SOL SECTOR after the the time that I initially started this post, and it is still here after a cache clean-up, so it seems that it doesn't have very much relation to "anything random", I retried everything: Approaching the planet without scanning the asteroids, after scanning, before mining, after mining, and the bug is still there, doesn't go away. Saturn and Jupiter allow approaches without bugs though. Regarding this bug, one question: have you, by any chance, checked every single line of coding, for missing/extra symbols,like parenthesis, commas, etc, or for missing/extra parameters, like population, defense grid, etc?
    One other question related to this bug: Since it seems to be related "Ship", it also means that it is related to the #hangar, the #pl-plr and/or the #pl-other sections of the pages of the affected planets, as they may be correctly coded in the "Landing" action but not on the "Approach" action.

If I may ask, why do you try to reproduce the bug when it has not been possible; Can you instead backtrack the logs to get the general idea of WHERE it might be? Your logs probably show the planets where it has been happening, but it should also show planets where it does NOT happen, since "APPROACH" is available in every planetary "object". And as it seems, it is something deeply rooted in the code of the planets in question.

Backtracking the log would give you an Un-Approachable planet and an approachable planet.Then, open one of the planets that can't be approached, and one of the planets that can be approached, and check for any syntax errors, as a start. If there are no syntax errors, check the semantics, as maybe one or two words of a line of code may be miss-spelled, as noted in a sentence above.

WHY can't we hear the "powerup" sounds? Cheesy
    I found those while I was trying to view the code lines of the page with the inspection option on Google Chrome, to see if I could still understand something that could help solve that nasty bug  Undecided Cry

Dismissed Jobs

How long do jobs stay in your inventory after you dismiss them?

It shouldn't be long (~10 min?), but I'll double-check.
    The last time that I dismissed jobs they stayed far more than ONE hour.
    Missions Impossible

I've been seeing jobs where there is simply not enough time to complete them. Here's one example

I've looked at the map and Baham is 9 sectors away from Tabit (1543), i.e. it takes 90 minutes to travel.

It just happened to me a similar situation, which I tried to test, and, no, it doesn't give extra time to complete:
    https://i.imgur.com/0kXWAN5.png
    I know that I should have taken a ScreenShot BEFORE taking the job, for veracity sake, but seeing it saying a moment, I took it to check if it added the time like you said

SatoshiGalaxy
    Unbelievably so, I've been using this "Bug/Feature" to see if it more profitable to sell raw materials or, refining them.
    In some cases, selling 10 copper ore is more profitable than selling a Copper plate. The same with IRON, but that is most of the times, not all; As such, it seems to be a bit of help for new players, if they managed to understand its usefulness.

That is a feature; players who pay attention can maximize their profits.

One other suggestion: the way to mark the sale on the CONS marketplace as local or galaxy-wide isn't as intuitive and straight-forward as should be. A "Check Mark" or "Green/Red" colors would be easier to understand, or AT LEAST put it in the tutorial on the next update, or as a
    "starter mission: Sell X quantity of Z Material in the CONS market Galaxy-wide"and explain the ways of doing it.

That's a good idea.

BTW, THANKS FOR THE MEDAL, but, where do I recharge the battery?

What battery?

That feature is not yet implemented, sorry :(

BUG UPDATE: The way that I found that this bug can be reproduced by doing the following:
    -Scan the ASTEROID CLUSTER of the current Sector, and then approach a random Asteroid. Any asteroid.
    -Do not perform MINING, and instead perform a Planet APPROACH, clicking on the PLANET tab on the http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/sector?asteroid=XXXX page.
    -Clicking on LAND MAY SHOW THE BUG, but clicking on APPROACH has been showing the bug at least on the Sector that I'm at, I'll Update this post with new info when I'm on a new sector.
    It seems that trying to approach a planet while being on the ASTEROID page triggers the bug 100% certain, doing so on the PLANET menu of the page.
    -At the time being, it is also triggering on the Normal APPROACH, instead of the approach by Asteroid page, it is triggering every time on "Approach", but no on "Land", and it seems that it started when clicking the back button of the browser instead of the "Try Again?" link on the page.

WEIRD ASSUMPTION: Since I don't know if you have placed images for ALL of the planets, It happened A LOT while I was on the SOL sector, on the Adhafera only happened on http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/sector?planet=16; it also started to trigger IMMEDIATELY after mining an asteroid and clicking approach on the planets.
    The bug may trigger regarding the arriving of the ship on the sector, hence it being so hard to reproduce: It may need to receive data from the arrival at the sector to create the randomness.

Ahha, thank you.

A NEW BUG/TYPO FOUND:

SatoshiGalaxy
    Dismissed Jobs

How long do jobs stay in your inventory after you dismiss them?

It shouldn't be long (~10 min?), but I'll double-check.

Terebellum? (I think I got this figured out, skip to "Update" part)

Also, I came across this job whose destination is in Terebellum. If I remember correctly, there are 3 Terebellum's in the universe and when I clicked on "Terebellum" it doesn't seem to pinpoint which of the 3 Terebellum it is referring to. Is this a bug?

Update: okay I took the plunge and took the job. It's somewhere far away with extremely high threat. I mistakenly assumed that all the "Terebellum" were renamed to "Terebellum-[A-Z]".

Right, we have 3 Terebellums, and one is simply called "Terebellum".

Missions Impossible

I've been seeing jobs where there is simply not enough time to complete them. Here's one example

I've looked at the map and Baham is 9 sectors away from Tabit (1543), i.e. it takes 90 minutes to travel.

SQL Error when Mining

More and more stuff to report.

Just got an error message while mining an asteroid that's in 100% condition (asteroid 82921)

SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction 40001 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction in query "DELETE FROM #__asteroids WHERE health Try again?

Yeah, we have seen some of those, not promising any fixes soon :(

Wanted Wanted

Daring Drakonis appeared twice in the job list.

The first one is last seen in Hassaleh, the second one is last seen in Rukbat. Is this an expected behavior?

Yes, this is fine.
    Pages:
    Jump to: