Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE} - page 93. (Read 109676 times)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
So you have to recruit colonists from another inhabited planet (wait, is occupied == inhabited?) and bring them to the target planet to colonize the target planet? I'm pretty confused about the mechanism here.

Aye, that is correct. People should come from somewhere.

Why is the manual accessible from the UI? Incomplete as it is, it's still helpful for people trying to figure out the game.

It will be, as soon as it's at least moderately helpful. Right now, it can cause more confusion than clarity.

Sweet. I wish you could make the buttons (in general) more distinguishable from the background though.

p/s: I swear for a moment there I saw Mitchell's post asking about web sockets.

A complete redesign is badly needed. We simply don't have the resources to pull it off. If this game ever brings us income, we'll allocate some funds (and time) on a redesign.

I too, sometime see posts in this thread and then they vanish... I'm guessing (hoping) authors deleting own posts.

Regardless, using websockets is not something doable in foreseeable future. We had that discussion (what to use? plain HTML/AJAX/websockets?) back when the development started and settled on plain old HTML with some AJAX here and there. That was probably not the best decision, but it's not something we can easily change now.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
This user is currently ignored.
You're on the right track! The last missing piece of puzzle is getting initial colonists (by recruiting) from an already occupied planet.

We're writing a manual (a player volunteered to help us), http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/help/manual#colonization but it's not too useful in it's current state.

So you have to recruit colonists from another inhabited planet (wait, is occupied == inhabited?) and bring them to the target planet to colonize the target planet? I'm pretty confused about the mechanism here.

Why is the manual accessible from the UI? Incomplete as it is, it's still helpful for people trying to figure out the game.

Nor should you see anything like that again! In today's update, we've finally AJAX'ified the chat.

Sweet. I wish you could make the buttons (in general) more distinguishable from the background though.

p/s: I swear for a moment there I saw Mitchell's post asking about web sockets.
SatoshiGalaxy
I used to get 10 CPU per captcha solving, now its just 7.

Is this a bug or intentional feature?

It's intentional. See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13504099 and http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/help/faq#my-cpu-rate-is-going-down-why for a better explanation.

Now for the admins Tongue Im unsure how to claim a planet.  Errors it gave state that it is unpopulated, so first thought i needed to find a class M or build a biosphere. Well, found a class M. tried again, said unpolulated. so I tried to spend 5000 satoshi for population. It said I couldnt do that beause it was unpopulated. How am I supposed to populate it if I get no population errors when I attempt to populate it?

You're on the right track! The last missing piece of puzzle is getting initial colonists (by recruiting) from an already occupied planet.

We're writing a manual (a player volunteered to help us), http://www.satoshigalaxy.xyz/help/manual#colonization but it's not too useful in it's current state.

While we're on the topic of planets, can I build a quarry on a planet without building other stuff (like biodome and warehouse) first? Can I build a quarry even with zero population on the planet?

You can, but it won't be too useful. Best case scenario you'll have a usable quarry once you colonize. Worst case scenario someone else colonizes that planet and gets a quarry for free.

Bug: Redirection from broadcasting message

Whenever I broadcast a message, I get redirected to the main Sector/Station/Planet page (depending on whether I've docked/landed or not).

Doesn't matter if I'm on the Ship/Profile/Map/Marketplace page or just approached an asteroid/ship, I get redirected all the same.

Filed, thank you!

But then again, I've never seen any chatroom/shoutbox that reloads an entire page when you type something...

Nor should you see anything like that again! In today's update, we've finally AJAX'ified the chat.
While we're on the topic of planets, can I build a quarry on a planet without building other stuff (like biodome and warehouse) first? Can I build a quarry even with zero population on the planet?

I'd hate to show up with 10 plexiglass (which costs 24,000 altogether) only to find out that I can't build that quarry.

p/s: Good to hear you managed to catch some nasty bug.

Bug: Redirection from broadcasting message

Whenever I broadcast a message, I get redirected to the main Sector/Station/Planet page (depending on whether I've docked/landed or not).

Doesn't matter if I'm on the Ship/Profile/Map/Marketplace page or just approached an asteroid/ship, I get redirected all the same.

But then again, I've never seen any chatroom/shoutbox that reloads an entire page when you type something...
Activity: 276
Merit: 10
BitSong is decentralized music streaming platform.

I get 5 CPU every claim without any upgrade.

I started today, looks nice game, but it's a bit confuse yet. How can i see ship capacity upgrade costs?

You should be able to get 10 per claim by verifying email address.  For ship capacity costs, dock at a THX port, and go to upgrades. should see it there

if you got the starting ship, you can only upgrade the cargo, and you do that directly from your cargo screen. each slot can be upgraded to 8

Now for the admins Tongue Im unsure how to claim a planet.  Errors it gave state that it is unpopulated, so first thought i needed to find a class M or build a biosphere. Well, found a class M. tried again, said unpolulated. so I tried to spend 5000 satoshi for population. It said I couldnt do that beause it was unpopulated. How am I supposed to populate it if I get no population errors when I attempt to populate it?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

I get 5 CPU every claim without any upgrade.

I started today, looks nice game, but it's a bit confuse yet. How can i see ship capacity upgrade costs?

SatoshiGalaxy
We've performed a small, but rather important update:

All planetary resources have been re-rolled (as promised). If you own a planet and a quarry, you will have to do prospecting runs again. The new distribution is much more fair and the galaxy is now richer in minerals as a whole.

That took some time off our hands, but we managed to sneak in some minor bug-fixes too:

• [BUG] Second page of marketplace doesn't show seller. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Equipment disappears from view on cooldown. (@captcher)
  • [BUG] Deliver message last step text refers wrong station. (@alterburner)
  • [BUG] Deliver message num steps hack / status hard to grasp. (@alterburner)
  • [BUG] Typo in planet module (warf=>wharf). (@captcher)
  • [ENC] Add "ALL" filter to marketplace. (@captcher)

And many other bugs (not reported on this thread, so it makes little sense to mention them).

One bug (Second page of marketplace doesn't show seller.) was particularly nasty as it wasn't just related to the marketplace, but to the whole framework acting up. After the fix, the game should feel somewhat faster.

If a bug you reported keeps going unfixed, do not despair. We're on top of things, they just take time. Keep those reports coming! Thanks!
SatoshiGalaxy
this game is so cloudy I cannot understand what  to do :D

Hello, shefchenko17.

Feel free to ask questions, then. Both me and the players would be happy to help :)
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
This mine is not mine! My mine is mine!
this game is so cloudy I cannot understand what  to do Cheesy
SatoshiGalaxy
toecutter

when i try to register, after i put in the password, the second box where i have to match the password, it keeps
saying i have to match the password when it is the same password i keep putting in, whats up with that?

Hello, SatanSavage.

I'm guessing you've encountered a rare (but annoying) bug with password confirmation. I've upped it's priority. In the meantime, please try a simpler password :/
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
toecutter

when i try to register, after i put in the password, the second box where i have to match the password, it keeps
saying i have to match the password when it is the same password i keep putting in, whats up with that?
SatoshiGalaxy
If I refine, and have my inventory full of ore, it tells me I can not refine due to full inventory, even though the ore is going to be used.

Is this something that will change in future?

Hello, Valareos.

Thanks for your feedback.

That is definitely something that can be fixed, and would make sense to be fixed, so I'm going to say yes.

But probably in some very distant future :)
SatoshiGalaxy
As far as I know, you shouldn't be able to unmount equipment that is still cooling down. Filed.

That's not what I meant. So let's say I have Mining Laser ML1 and Mining Laser ML2. ML1 is cooling down whereas ML2 is ready.

I replaced ML2 with a new mining laser ML3. But then ML3 and ML1's status gets switched, i.e. ML3 gets ML1's cooldown time whereas ML1 is shown as ready.

Hrm, weird. :/

Req: Bitcointalk thread
Bug: Equipment disappears from view after fully recharged

Filed, thank you! (I've personally seen that bug, but forgot to file it)
If I refine, and have my inventory full of ore, it tells me I can not refine due to full inventory, even though the ore is going to be used.

Is this something that will change in future?
As far as I know, you shouldn't be able to unmount equipment that is still cooling down. Filed.

That's not what I meant. So let's say I have Mining Laser ML1 and Mining Laser ML2. ML1 is cooling down whereas ML2 is ready.

I replaced ML2 with a new mining laser ML3. But then ML3 and ML1's status gets switched, i.e. ML3 gets ML1's cooldown time whereas ML1 is shown as ready.

Req: Bitcointalk thread

I think the link to this thread should be a bit more prominent in the UI. I mean, right now it's buried deep in the FAQ, but I think you should make them easier to find. In general, I think it's good practice to make "Contact Us"-type links easy to find.   

Bug: Equipment disappears from view after fully recharged

To reproduce the issue, just use something that has a cooldown timer e.g. Mining Laser. Go to a tab where there is an Equipment section. Wait until the equipment recharges. You'll see that the item has disappeared from view.
SatoshiGalaxy
i love bitcoin sites which are based on games.
your site looks good but it's little complex.

i'll check it again because last time i checked i was in hurry and i didn't understand it  ;D

Hello, donaldcoin.

Your faucets are legendary :) I hope you'll find the game interesting on a closer look.

I don't understand that game. Tried with tutorial but nothing. ;dd

Hello, creepland.

Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to ask any clarifying questions.

As for your second question, yes, sadly, that's correct. That will be fine-tuned, but not to the "10 minute" value, more likely to something like "3 hours", or somewhere along the lines. I'll keep you posted.

I hope you mean min(expiry time, 3 hours)? It'd be bad if I have to wait 3 hours after dismissing a job that's going to expire in 30 mins.

Good point, that's how it should work.

Req: Adding sound + reload when fully repaired
Req: Non-refreshing chat message
Req: Docking/Liftoff button
Req: Showing the minutes in job description
Bug: typo in planet module (warf=>wharf)

No comments, all good ideas (or correct bugs), will be implemented.

Req: Showing the limits

There are limits

• on the number of items you can place in the marketplace (5 or 6?)
  • on the number of jobs you can take (6)

I think it'd be nice if the limit is displayed somewhere so that we don't have to perform an action and wait for the page to reload only to error out on the limit.

Agreed. FYI, trade limit is 5 + Trading Skill, job limit is 5 + Nav Skill.

Bug: farther distance, less reward

Came across an odd situation in Alfecca Meridiana outpost

Sualocin is 1 sector away, Algol is 6 sectors away, yet the reward for the former is double that of the latter. Doesn't seem to make sense.

That is a problem which I readily admit, but can't promise fixes right away. We're currently not doing our best job when calculating distance between sectors. There's a plan to rewrite that bit of code.

Bug: cooldown of newly mounted mining laser

After buying a new mining laser, I unmounted one of the older ones to mount this new one, meanwhile the other (still-mounted) is still cooling down.

After mounting the new one, the cooldown time got shifted to the new one instead, i.e. it shows the newly mounted mining laser to be in the midst of cooling down.

Thanks for the extensive bug report/request list, that's appreciated!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I don't understand that game. Tried with tutorial but nothing. ;dd
As for your second question, yes, sadly, that's correct. That will be fine-tuned, but not to the "10 minute" value, more likely to something like "3 hours", or somewhere along the lines. I'll keep you posted.

I hope you mean min(expiry time, 3 hours)? It'd be bad if I have to wait 3 hours after dismissing a job that's going to expire in 30 mins.

Req: Adding sound + reload when fully repaired

It'd be nice to have a sound played and have the page reloaded automatically when your ship gets fully repaired after being wrecked. Ideally the sound file would be different from the one when your mining lasers get recharged.

Req: Non-refreshing chat message

It's odd that the entire page reloads when you broadcast a chat message.

Req: Docking/Liftoff button

I see that you've made docking/liftoff buttons accessible in every tab. But can you make it more visible (right now it blends too well with the background. That and the "info" button) and nicer? I'm thinking of controls we have on the top-right corner of file manager or browser windows.

Req: Showing the minutes in job description

Job descriptions typically don't show the minutes unless there is less than 1h left. But there can be a significant difference between say 1h 58m and 1h 0m (both showing up 1 hour left in the current scheme), so I think it'd be helpful to show the minutes all the time.

Req: Showing the limits

There are limits

• on the number of items you can place in the marketplace (5 or 6?)
  • on the number of jobs you can take (6)

I think it'd be nice if the limit is displayed somewhere so that we don't have to perform an action and wait for the page to reload only to error out on the limit.

Bug: farther distance, less reward

Came across an odd situation in Alfecca Meridiana outpost

Sualocin is 1 sector away, Algol is 6 sectors away, yet the reward for the former is double that of the latter. Doesn't seem to make sense.

Bug: typo in planet module

"warf" should be "wharf"

Bug: cooldown of newly mounted mining laser

After buying a new mining laser, I unmounted one of the older ones to mount this new one, meanwhile the other (still-mounted) is still cooling down.

After mounting the new one, the cooldown time got shifted to the new one instead, i.e. it shows the newly mounted mining laser to be in the midst of cooling down.

Activity: 714
TomyGame.com => Win Bitcoin
i love bitcoin sites which are based on games.
your site looks good but it's little complex.

i'll check it again because last time i checked i was in hurry and i didn't understand it  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: