Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 57. (Read 202439 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
The way they've handled the situation calls for a divorce and no alimony payments to be made.  Acknowledge the past, but it's time for a separate future.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Things were never an issue. And I am blaming monero for acting as a 5 years old child.

SUMO never tried to hide the fact that it is a monero fork. And paid respect to project as much as possible. If they had rewritten the copyright - so be it. It's not a rocket science to ask them to fix it..
Personally if I would fork a coin I would probably make the same mistake...

We've seen trolls here, cheerleader-poetry style attacks and various price pushes on topia. Now this. Good sign this project has a bright future. Thanks for making the dip Smiley))
Activity: 463
Merit: 253
Hey, can someone please explain what may be the consequence for Sumo regarding this DMCA file?

No consequences at all. It's a formal issue that I assume will be fixed soon.
It just demonstrated toxicity and corporate approach of monero development. It would be no wonder if people run away from such a hostile coin to an alternatives like sumo&co that are true open-source.

This idiotic approach monero demonstrated show its fear. The whole thing could have been discussed via email. Are they afraid of quality forks? Aeon that is a copycat and has one but the only dev is coming from monero, therefore no prob although it's code and copyright is a mess.. Now bytecoin will behave in a same way and block monero? I seriously don't get this..
My 2 cents - open-source was a vehicle for crypto launch but as soon as money came to play people are behaving like asses and are forgetting that code is free and everyone can use it, enhance and share.. Kids, don't take the game so seriously. You can't escape alive Wink

Stop blaming other projects if you did the wrong thing... doesn't matter if things could have been resolved via email, issue or whatever ... THING IS THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE BE AN ISSUE AT ALL... abide the rules and give copyright where its due ...

As you copy&pasted everything else, why didn't you just add a file for Sumocoin and let the old stuff as it was ... you even deleted cryptonote-devs out ... they could blame you too... stop attacking the messenger
I see you stealthily deleted the cryptonote mention

1. Cryptonote copyright was always there check the code again. (# Parts of this file are originally copyright (c) 2012-2013 The Cryptonote developers) - And since it was there all the time sumoshi didnt mention it on his post
2. Well obviously it doesnt matter to you monero devs that these things can be resolved via issue on git or email. Like this poor guy did
when you unintentionaly infringed his code when Monero was still a young coin https://github.com/monero-project/monero/issues/108
3. A claimant is not a messanger, a claimant is a claimant

Edit: I ve just stealthily deleted the irony Smiley
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
You are right. It never should have been an issue. Mistakes have been made. They problems could have been solved in a calm way instead of blowing up the dmca bomb.
Activity: 768
Merit: 505
Hey, can someone please explain what may be the consequence for Sumo regarding this DMCA file?

It just demonstrated toxicity and corporate approach of monero development. It would be no wonder if people run away from such a hostile coin to an alternatives like sumo&co that are true open-source.

This idiotic approach monero demonstrated show its fear. The whole thing could have been discussed via email. Are they afraid of quality forks? Aeon that is a copycat and has one but the only dev is coming from monero, therefore no prob although it's code and copyright is a mess.. Now bytecoin will behave in a same way and block monero? I seriously don't get this..
My 2 cents - open-source was a vehicle for crypto launch but as soon as money came to play people are behaving like asses and are forgetting that code is free and everyone can use it, enhance and share.. Kids, don't take the game so seriously. You can't escape alive Wink

Stop blaming other projects if you did the wrong thing... doesn't matter if things could have been resolved via email, issue or whatever ... THING IS THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE BE AN ISSUE AT ALL... abide the rules and give copyright where its due ...

As you copy&pasted everything else, why didn't you just add a file for Sumocoin and let the old stuff as it was ... you even deleted cryptonote-devs out ... they could blame you too... stop attacking the messenger
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Maybe the guy wanted sumos at discount price  Grin
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO
DMCA Takedown to Sumokoin Github

Guys, as you may already know, in an sudden move, a dev from The Monero Project filed a DMCA to take down Sumokoin's git hosted at Github without prior notice.

To meet the requirements, we'd already amended copyright notices but they disagreed with some copyright dates where we only add the copyright notices to files we had modified as follows:

Copyright (c) 2017, SUMOKOIN
Copyright (c) 2014 - 2017, The Monero Project

Please note that we'd referred to "The Monero Project" at all files before, yet that appeared not enough to some devs there. While they have the right to correct copyright claim at any file they contributed code to, we expected a different approach to resolve disputes (via Issue submission or direct emailing to our devs). DMCA takedown should be the last one to do, I believe, especially for a project under a liberal license and having some noble missions.

For now, we temporarily moved our source code to GitLab: https://gitlab.com/Sumoprojects/sumokoin

The case is being discussed by community at Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7tboly/can_we_get_a_clarification_from_monero_devs_on/

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Activity: 66
Activity: 74
Don't... this is not to be solved with him. He doesn't like Sumo. Don't waste your time.

No worries mate, chances are he will not respond anyway, but don't see it as a waste of time.
Don't... this is not to be solved with him. He doesn't like Sumo. Don't waste your time.
No, they did not contact us.

Ok mate, I'll try to reach out to Fluffy, see if he responds.
No, they did not contact us.

This is certainly the way to do it!

RE the DMCA takedown, have you reached out (or have they reached out to you) to the Monero team? Have you spoken with Fluffy about it?
Activity: 126
is Easyhash.io Sumokoin's pool bugged? I mean, it shows like 400 million in the submitted stats and a friend of mine is mining on it, but it is not showing a balance, sometimes it shows a weekly profit but then nothiing...it's odd.
Activity: 463
Merit: 253
Activity: 246
Merit: 10
There's always an argument several times each week in this thread, why so many hates and loves here?

'some' of the Monero team and 'some' of their followers acting like spoilt children. Toxic, Toxic, Toxic.

I don't even hold any Monero or Sumo and I find the whole situation sad.

There is plenty of room for Monero, Sumo and Electroneum in the community. It is a bit like the Roger Ver and BCash/Bitcoin Cash YouTube debacle. Because of what the Monero community is doing to Sumo (and to a lesser extent XSPEC, Electroneum and other privacy coins) I simply do not want to be associated with the Core Monero movement in any way, shape or form and would sooner support Electroneum and Sumo simply because of what is happening in threads like this one.
Activity: 66
Sorry man... But it's just the same all over again...
Activity: 175
Merit: 11
"Decentralization is religion"
@visdude: I didn't threat you. I already said so.

@visdude: do you really think we take your 'improvements' seriously? lol...  Cheesy

I'm thinking about pausing this lovely chat with you. It's getting boring...

please don't do that, I would miss the absurdity
Pages:
Jump to: