Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 90. (Read 554380 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Where are your servers located? Have you ever thought of adding new servers in different areas around the globe? Oceania which will cover, most Asia/Australia etc....

Also I am guessing your servers are on the East coast of US?

Even West coast would be another good option I think as  waffle USWEST pings are close to their Oceania server ping... 177ms   vs 164ms

Comparing to waffle EAST & US CLEVER @ 238-237ms   Most likely same region
But wait a minute, what about the Ping doesn't this affect accepted shares also??

Ping time is one of the reasons causing rejected shares. You don't need to include it in your calculations as it's already “included” in reject ratio.

But the interesting thing about this is, I have had reject rates higher with certain pools with ping around the same.

Example -

1 pool 230ms = 6% reject

2 pool 230ms = 3% reject

Ahh Ok I think I see what you mean..... All you need to look at in calculations is Accepted - Rejected... Ping can be what ever it wants ? DOHH
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
But wait a minute, what about the Ping doesn't this affect accepted shares also??

Ping time is one of the reasons causing rejected shares. You don't need to include it in your calculations as it's already “included” in reject ratio.
Quick question -

EXAMPLE ONLY

1st Pool has 165ms Ping and [Avg 24hr --104% LTC Profitabilty] 2%fee 1-2% Rejection

2nd Pool has 235ms Ping and [Avg 24hr --117% LTC Profitabilty] 2%fee 4-6% Rejection

Which do you think will pay out more?

You just need to calculate net profitability, i.e. excluding rejections and fees.
net profitability = gross profitability x (1-fee) x (1-rejections)
For your example (I will average the rejection rate):
1st: 104⋅(1−0.02)⋅(1−0.015) = 100.3912
2nd: 117⋅(1−0.02)⋅(1−0.05) = 108.927

In this case the second pool WAS more profitable in the observed period. I uppercased 'was' because past profitability is in no way a prediction for future profitability. One pool can have 120% LTC profitability in a given hour and 80% prof. in the following hour. It is just luck. Rejection rates are more stable tough, so try to avoid pools where you get high rejections.

Edit: New server I hear??! Hmmm must try this soon hopefully rejects drop
All CM published numbers are after fees, so you don't need to subtract a fee from them because you would do it twice.

Speaking of rejects, does anyone using the US server notice any change in rejects and/or accepted MHs on the new server launched an hour ago?
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Quick question -

EXAMPLE ONLY

1st Pool has 165ms Ping and [Avg 24hr --104% LTC Profitabilty] 2%fee 1-2% Rejection

2nd Pool has 235ms Ping and [Avg 24hr --117% LTC Profitabilty] 2%fee 4-6% Rejection

You just need to calculate net profitability, i.e. excluding rejections and fees.
net profitability = gross profitability x (1-fee) x (1-rejections)
For your example (I will average the rejection rate):
1st: 104⋅(1−0.02)⋅(1−0.015) = 100.3912
2nd: 117⋅(1−0.02)⋅(1−0.05) = 108.927

In this case the second pool WAS more profitable in the observed period. I uppercased 'was' because past profitability is in no way a prediction for future profitability. One pool can have 120% LTC profitability in a given hour and 80% prof. in the following hour. It is just luck. Rejection rates are more stable tough, so try to avoid pools where you get high rejections.
Quick question -

EXAMPLE ONLY

The US server is back online.

It was down due to unexpected tech issues, and for some reason my monitoring alerts was delivered to my phone with 2 hours delay. I'm sorry for the downtime.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
CA/US stratum appear to be down
No idea, im on EU. Are you sure its down? Can anyone else confirm this?

yup seems down for me too

Yes, same here.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

yup seems down for me too
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Hi all,
sorry if this question was already posted in answered, but I really wanna know if there's any site with auto-switch X11 (not Scrypt) mining pool with auto-exchange to Bitcoins??
Maybe clevermining considering that in future?
Activity: 322
3D Printed!
I started in DEC of this year

This right here is your problem, going back in time can only yield negative ROI.

Seriously though, I think you can still do quite well with your GPUs and $0.07/kWh. Even Scrypt is still slightly profitable with that power cost, and Scrypt-N or X11 - definitely.

even with my avg cost of .08/kWh GPU mining is profitable Wink
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I started in DEC of this year

This right here is your problem, going back in time can only yield negative ROI.

Seriously though, I think you can still do quite well with your GPUs and $0.07/kWh. Even Scrypt is still slightly profitable with that power cost, and Scrypt-N or X11 - definitely.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Frankly guys, it's time to shut off the miners and find better ways to make a profit.  Sure BTC is moving up slightly, but there is no way the ALT-COIN market is going to recover.  There are more than 291 altcoins on the market with more coming out every week.  Even if BTC were to increase by 25-30% of it's current value there just isn't enough hash rate to go around and these new ASICs will NEVER ROI.  It's a losing proposition for everyone not on a free electric grid.  

I invested 2K in mining equipment and I have only recovered about 60-65% of my original investment (and I started in DEC of this year).  

At least 1K of it was in GPU's which I can now use on gaming, so not a total loss.  (I made back a little over 1.2K USD in "mining" after electricity and I pay .07/kilowatt - which is better than most.)

Prices are a fraction of what they were in JAN-FEB ... anyone who invests in new mining gear will be lucky to recoup 25% of their investment.

I keep checking back here to see if profits make an out of the ordinary jump like they did when white coin came out, but other than that I'm done.

Activity: 9
Glad to have the charts back  Wink. Was a bit worried it was a minimalistic UI update.
Real-time charts are back. It was a bug, I'm sorry.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
Aww damn these profits are so low.
Activity: 9
Ya, but why can't I see those graphs in the stats page?

They've also disappeared for me. If this is a UI update of some sort, I'd really like them back. They where very useful for diagnosing problems with my mining rig.

Same here.  I alternate between leasing my rigs and mining at Clever, so it's nice to be able to see that failover worked properly when I switch back.

Out of interest, where are you leasing your crypt rigs? And what are you thoughts, worth doing ?
Pages:
Jump to: