Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 94. (Read 554380 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Did anyone ever find a way to get the API for an app or enable e-mail notifications?

What the heck are you talking about? The API hasn't been released yet, and email notifications haven't been either.

This is the post I was talking about: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6362181.

Maybe I described it wrong but I thought some people were working on a monitor for Clever.
Activity: 798
Did anyone ever find a way to get the API for an app or enable e-mail notifications?

What the heck are you talking about? The API hasn't been released yet, and email notifications haven't been either.
Activity: 826
Activity: 45
Merit: 5
Anybody facing issues with the stats on CM site? I see blanks on all the stats graphs... my miner's are going hash strong with successful submits from cgminer...

Is this a transient site issue?  Huh
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

Scrypt-Based Mining now is just generally dead. I don't see the point anymore, even if you have Mh/s, you're still losing a LOT with electricity costs.

Some people have access to really cheap or even free electricity.

True, however my single card rig (303KH/s) uses 240W solid when mining. I have it on for 9 hours each day during the night since mining scrypt is so unprofitable ~ at least for me anyway. Its around £9 a month now that I'm doing this minus a couple pound due to my solar panels which are grid tied.

Pick up an R9 270 yo! Coupled with a Sempron 145 you can have a low power single rig pushing 430+ Kh/s and fairly low temps...should be under 175w! Also GOLD rated PSU or better helps a bunch.

I have it at 475kh/s, and it's using around 180w. It's a really good card, but instead, you really should get some gridseeds, since they use a lot less power than GPUs.

I have another mining friend of mine who runs Nvidia 750 TI's. They pull 50w under load a piece and run at around 320kh/s. It is a loss as far as kh/s goes, but for the power difference (475kh/s = 180w or 320kh/s = 50w) it is actually a higher profit margin since you pay a lot less electricity. As well as being able to run as many cards as you can get PCI-E cables on 1 psu (he has 6 of them on 1 mobo and 1 1000w psu). Of course, that means you run Cudeminer instead of CGMiner which I have no experience with.

Not to mention the cards are only $150 a piece vs the $300 for the 280x's and such.

Just a thought for you electricity conscious people.

im currently selling my  r9 270's and 270x's. 125 a piece. if your friend is interested let me know.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Hi,

It seems like the website indicates to add this parameter  double dash scrypt  "-- scrypt"  to the configuration. However, my miner web interface only allows me to add these fields:  Pool Address, PoolID/User and password.

So how can I add the scrypt parameter ??

Thanks

Don't worry about scrypt, enter stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 (or stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333 if your miner is hosted in Europe) as the pool address, your BTC address as username, and x as password.

And if he is a complete noob and has an Antminer S1, Dragon Miner or anything of the sort?

I'm sure he'll report back that CM is stealing hashes and not paying Smiley
Hi,

It seems like the website indicates to add this parameter  double dash scrypt  "-- scrypt"  to the configuration. However, my miner web interface only allows me to add these fields:  Pool Address, PoolID/User and password.

Thanks

Don't worry about scrypt, enter stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 (or stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333 if your miner is hosted in Europe) as the pool address, your BTC address as username, and x as password.

And if he is a complete noob and has an Antminer S1, Dragon Miner or anything of the sort?
legendary
Hi,

Thanks

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!

Scrypt-Based Mining now is just generally dead. I don't see the point anymore, even if you have Mh/s, you're still losing a LOT with electricity costs.

True, however my single card rig (303KH/s) uses 240W solid when mining. I have it on for 9 hours each day during the night since mining scrypt is so unprofitable ~ at least for me anyway. Its around £9 a month now that I'm doing this minus a couple pound due to my solar panels which are grid tied.

Pick up an R9 270 yo! Coupled with a Sempron 145 you can have a low power single rig pushing 430+ Kh/s and fairly low temps...should be under 175w! Also GOLD rated PSU or better helps a bunch.

I have it at 475kh/s, and it's using around 180w. It's a really good card, but instead, you really should get some gridseeds, since they use a lot less power than GPUs.

I have another mining friend of mine who runs Nvidia 750 TI's. They pull 50w under load a piece and run at around 320kh/s. It is a loss as far as kh/s goes, but for the power difference (475kh/s = 180w or 320kh/s = 50w) it is actually a higher profit margin since you pay a lot less electricity. As well as being able to run as many cards as you can get PCI-E cables on 1 psu (he has 6 of them on 1 mobo and 1 1000w psu). Of course, that means you run Cudeminer instead of CGMiner which I have no experience with.

Not to mention the cards are only $150 a piece vs the $300 for the 280x's and such.

The R9 270's can be had for around $170 new and around $100 used. If you pick up a quality brand you can even warranty RMA them if necessary.

Currently my 3x R9 270's (2x MSI and 1x Sapphire) are pulling 550w (avg) and that's with a 7200rpm 2.5" hdd plus one "case" fan and pushing 1.23 Mh/s with sub 70 degree temps. An 80+ gold PSU and an SSD would improve my kWh:Mh/s ratio some.
Hi,

Thanks

What is your mining hardware?
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Love the pool Terk! Sadly, I am off to fold some curecoin. Profits are good atm, it is for a great cause and I have been patiently waiting for several years for the project to go live! Keep up the good work. I may be back at some point!
Activity: 408
Hi,

Thanks
Activity: 79
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 784

I considered pickig up some Gridseed units not long ago...had a deal lined up even (2+ Mh/s/$500 shipped) but then I thought about it and realized the R9 270 a better deal than ANY Gridseed as once mining is no longer profitable a Gridseed will become a paperweight...a GPU can be sold as a gaming/workstation video card afterwards.

Correct, but a Gridseed also comsumes much less power than a GPU. Where do you buy your gridseeds from?

True. I've got a 3x 270 mining rig and it barely costs $1/day but is pulling in over $3/day in profits. When I can no longer make a profit mining with my GPU's I can build a couple systems and sell those or just sell the cards alone.

I found a deal on some modded Gridseeds not long ago (here on the forums) but decided on another S1 plus another R9 270 instead of the Gridseeds. An S1 will be profitable to mine with for at least a couple more difficulty changes as they can be undervolted for improved efficiency. I've been considering overclocking my S1 units at least until either next difficulty change or the hottest weather, not sure though as they are still under warranty.

Modding a Gridseed is a pretty simple process and if I invested in any Gridseeds I would consider used, pre-modded units, depending price, otherwise I would rather buy new and make the mod myself.

I have a set of 20 modded ones that can do 950mhz(404 khash) and only consume 9w each.  They've been running for weeks like this with very low HW errors(avg of 0.21% across all 20 as of this exact moment).  I'll also throw in an ATX PSU and all needed power cabling, two 10 port USB hubs, and two lightning asic controllers(although i recommend using a raspberry pi with scripta/minera instead).  I'm looking to sell the whole setup as a lot, PM me if you're interested.  I also have some single units that I'll let go of as well.
3D Printed!

I considered pickig up some Gridseed units not long ago...had a deal lined up even (2+ Mh/s/$500 shipped) but then I thought about it and realized the R9 270 a better deal than ANY Gridseed as once mining is no longer profitable a Gridseed will become a paperweight...a GPU can be sold as a gaming/workstation video card afterwards.

Correct, but a Gridseed also comsumes much less power than a GPU. Where do you buy your gridseeds from?

True. I've got a 3x 270 mining rig and it barely costs $1/day but is pulling in over $3/day in profits. When I can no longer make a profit mining with my GPU's I can build a couple systems and sell those or just sell the cards alone.

I found a deal on some modded Gridseeds not long ago (here on the forums) but decided on another S1 plus another R9 270 instead of the Gridseeds. An S1 will be profitable to mine with for at least a couple more difficulty changes as they can be undervolted for improved efficiency. I've been considering overclocking my S1 units at least until either next difficulty change or the hottest weather, not sure though as they are still under warranty.

Modding a Gridseed is a pretty simple process and if I invested in any Gridseeds I would consider used, pre-modded units, depending price, otherwise I would rather buy new and make the mod myself.
legendary

Gridseeds cost ~$150-200 per 1 MH/s even if you buy them used on eBay. With Innosilicon A2 rigs at ~$120 per MH/s and 1/3 the power consumption of Gridseeds I think the writing is on the wall. One thing Gridseeds still have going for them is the granularity, i.e. you can pick one or two for what basically is pocket change on ASIC scale. A2 starts at $3000-$4000. So for someone looking for a hobby / science project buying a gridseed and overvolting the hell out of it could be a good cheap entry into mining.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
there are 20 coins right now more profitable than LTC we're on ~90% ... how the heck ?

Please read what I wrote just one page before: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6773275

Time when these coins are more profitable than LTC is counted in minutes per day (and/or their difficulty is so small so you can only put limited hashpower on them). During most of the time they're less profitable than LTC because of difficulty readjusting every block. Dozens of such coins can give you 40-70% of combined time when some other coin is more profitable than LTC. And this is when we are mining these coins, but for the remaining time, when LTC is the most profitable, we are mining LTC.

Today (after 15 hours), we put 38% of our hashpower into LTC and 62% into other coins. Mining LTC gave us 60% of LTC profitability because we found only 6 blocks compared to 10 which we should find statistically. This is perfectly normal and mining anywhere between 5 and 15 blocks is normal if you expect to mine 10 blocks in average. Just 4 blocks less skewed our results so much (sometimes it's 4 blocks less, sometimes it's 4 blocks more).

Mining coins other than LTC gave us 112% profitability. Combined together 0.38*60% + 0.62*112% = 92% overall profitability. If we had 100% luck in LTC mining our result would be 0.38*100% + 0.62*112% = 107% overall profitability. If our luck was reversed and we had 140% in LTC (so +40% instead of -40%), our overall would be 0.38*140% + 0.62*112% = 123%.

You can look at it this way:

38% of your hashpower went to mining LTC and you had the same results here which you could have at any straight LTC pool. They also can have 50% or 150% profitability in any given day because of variance/luck. But in the long term (weeks) it will always be 100% on average.

62% of your hashpower went to mining other coins and it gave you 112% profitability which is good these days.

Considering that LTC part can sway between 50% and 150% but in the long term it will always be 100%, you can see our today's result from long-term perspective as 0.38*100% + 0.62*112% = 107%, because in the long term LTC part will always be equal to 100%. So our today's result, if take out LTC luck out of equation and use long-term average for the LTC part, is 107%. Actual result is 92% because of worse than average LTC luck. But in the long term average your results at CleverMining will always be better than LTC and you shouldn't worry because two or three worse days.

3D Printed!

there are 20 coins right now more profitable than LTC we're on ~90% ... how the heck ?

Okay. Let me explain this for the 1631654646435145869884th time.

There is something called variance. That means that even if you are mining a coin that is at 200% LTC Profitability, you are not guaranteed to get 200% LTC Profitability.
Also, a lot of coins have KGW and DigiShield and all that stuff, so it isn't that easy for multipools to get the most out of them.
Get it?
Pages:
Jump to: