Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 95. (Read 554380 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
there are 20 coins right now more profitable than LTC we're on ~90% ... how the heck ?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Scrypt-Based Mining now is just generally dead. I don't see the point anymore, even if you have Mh/s, you're still losing a LOT with electricity costs.

Some people have access to really cheap or even free electricity.

True, however my single card rig (303KH/s) uses 240W solid when mining. I have it on for 9 hours each day during the night since mining scrypt is so unprofitable ~ at least for me anyway. Its around £9 a month now that I'm doing this minus a couple pound due to my solar panels which are grid tied.

Pick up an R9 270 yo! Coupled with a Sempron 145 you can have a low power single rig pushing 430+ Kh/s and fairly low temps...should be under 175w! Also GOLD rated PSU or better helps a bunch.

I have it at 475kh/s, and it's using around 180w. It's a really good card, but instead, you really should get some gridseeds, since they use a lot less power than GPUs.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!

Scrypt-Based Mining now is just generally dead. I don't see the point anymore, even if you have Mh/s, you're still losing a LOT with electricity costs.

True, however my single card rig (303KH/s) uses 240W solid when mining. I have it on for 9 hours each day during the night since mining scrypt is so unprofitable ~ at least for me anyway. Its around £9 a month now that I'm doing this minus a couple pound due to my solar panels which are grid tied.

Pick up an R9 270 yo! Coupled with a Sempron 145 you can have a low power single rig pushing 430+ Kh/s and fairly low temps...should be under 175w! Also GOLD rated PSU or better helps a bunch.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
I think scrypt mining is only worth it to mine with asic miners at the moment. GPU mining of scrypt is too ineffective. So the only thing for GPU mining right now is X11 algo. For the next few months the X11 coins will be a lot more than the scrypt ones. So if you have GPUs for mining I suggest mine X11 coins or even Groestl - best hash for power...better even than the X11 algo.

As for the clevermining I had very good time mining here until a month ago. I switched to X11 mining two weeks ago. So if Terk sets up a X11 clever mining I will be happy to mine there.

Happy mining to all.

I agree with you completely. However last time I checked, mining x11 wasn't profitable unless I queried wrongly.

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
How come profitabiliy is low right now, isn't Nautiluscoin super profitable to mine right now? Shouldn't Clever be jumping on that before the train leaves?

Of course we're mining NAUT. We've been mining it for the last four days and I believe we've been the first coin-switch pool which added it (i.e. Waffle added it only yesterday). But the case with coins adjusting difficulty every block is that they swing from being very profitable to very unprofitable. We mine them when they're profitable, but most of the time they are not profitable because lower difficulty blocks are mined faster than higher difficulty blocks. Not only because of difficulty, but because all coin-switching pools move away from a coin when it becomes unprofitable and network hashpower drops significantly. The result is that block with 300% profitability is mined within 30 seconds, but block with 50% profitability can wait even 30 minutes to be mined. And our hashpower during these 30 minutes goes somewhere else. The result is that there is only very small percentage of time when such coins are really profitable. And of course we use all this time to mine them, but when their profitability goes below other coins, we switch to other coins.

Yesterday NAUT was the most profitable coin during only 14.2% of the day and we put 14.2% of our yesterday's hashpower into it. The result was good and we earned 177% LTC profitability on NAUT. But we had bad luck with LTC mining yesterday and found less blocks than statistically expected, so our profitability from mining LTC was at 70% (this is normal and is because of variance). Breaking down our yesterday's results by LTC vs. all other coins, 47% of time/hashpower spent at mining LTC got us 70% LTC profitability, while 53% of time/hashpower mining other coins got us 119% LTC profitability. All this combined got us 96% profitability. If we had 100% profitability when mining LTC, then combined with other coins our yesterday's result would be at (0.47*100% + 0.53*119%) = 110%.

LTC has so high difficulty that mining it has high variance and you can't do anything about it. Straight LTC pools get anywhere between 50% and 150% LTC profitability in any given day as well. The difference is that even if we have 70% profitability when mining LTC (what any straight LTC pool can also have), our other half of hashing-time has 119% profitability, what results in 96% day instead of  70% day.

Thanks, that was extremely informative! Keep up the good work.
3D Printed!

^^^THIS!

Plus also depends on WHAT GPU you are mining with...not all GPU's are created equal. There are a couple super efficient and effective cards for mining scrypt and I would imagine they could mine x11, groestl etc just as well.
Activity: 129
I think scrypt mining is only worth it to mine with asic miners at the moment. GPU mining of scrypt is too ineffective. So the only thing for GPU mining right now is X11 algo. For the next few months the X11 coins will be a lot more than the scrypt ones. So if you have GPUs for mining I suggest mine X11 coins or even Groestl - best hash for power...better even than the X11 algo.

As for the clevermining I had very good time mining here until a month ago. I switched to X11 mining two weeks ago. So if Terk sets up a X11 clever mining I will be happy to mine there.

Happy mining to all.

I agree with you. I haven't mined a single X11 coin yet, because I burned down my miner (5 weeks ago, and still waiting for the GPU to return..).  But indeed, the ASICs will dominate the Scrypt market now.

A x11 Multipool ( > CleverMining pool) really should be created, because I think it definately has future.

The problem is: who is going to buy the X11 coins? I am already surprised there are people buying scrypt coins...

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!

Happy mining to all.

I agree with you. I haven't mined a single X11 coin yet, because I burned down my miner (5 weeks ago, and still waiting for the GPU to return..).  But indeed, the ASICs will dominate the Scrypt market now.

A x11 Multipool ( > CleverMining pool) really should be created, because I think it definately has future.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
CCminer is doing x11 very well.

Actually, nvidia is where it's at atm for X11.

Thanks, good to know, I'll give it a try. Does ccminer/cudaminer have an API yet? Older versions I have kicking around here are a pain to manage, I had to come up with some half-assed log parser to monitor them Smiley
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Happy mining to all.
Activity: 133
Activity: 154
What kind of hardware do you need to mine X11?

AMD GPU, and software with X11 support (e.g. sgminer-sph)

NVIDIA might also be an option, I think there is a new ccminer with X11 support but I haven't tried it yet.

Actually, nvidia is where it's at atm for X11.
Activity: 102
Rockem Sockem
CCminer is doing x11 very well.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

AMD GPU, and software with X11 support (e.g. sgminer-sph)

NVIDIA might also be an option, I think there is a new ccminer with X11 support but I haven't tried it yet.
3D Printed!
The time has finally come! If you pay for electricity in the US and are mining with a radeon GPU the cost of the electricity is greater than the value of the BTC youre receiving through this pool for most.  Its been a fun ride everyone.  The LTC hashrate has increased over 50% in the last 2 weeks(!!!) and is only going to continue to rise rapidly.  ASIC are here and are only going to get cheaper and more powerful.

However, the depressed BTC is actually a good thing.  There is much profit to be made by selling hardware and buying cheap BTC

Oh, you again. We heard that 2 weeks ago from you. I'd really like to see what Terk has to say about this and if he's considering any X11 multipool.

GPU mining I believe
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
The time has finally come! If you pay for electricity in the US and are mining with a radeon GPU the cost of the electricity is greater than the value of the BTC youre receiving through this pool for most.  Its been a fun ride everyone.  The LTC hashrate has increased over 50% in the last 2 weeks(!!!) and is only going to continue to rise rapidly.  ASIC are here and are only going to get cheaper and more powerful.

However, the depressed BTC is actually a good thing.  There is much profit to be made by selling hardware and buying cheap BTC

Oh, you again. We heard that 2 weeks ago from you. I'd really like to see what Terk has to say about this and if he's considering any X11 multipool.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
How come profitabiliy is low right now, isn't Nautiluscoin super profitable to mine right now? Shouldn't Clever be jumping on that before the train leaves?

Of course we're mining NAUT. We've been mining it for the last four days and I believe we've been the first coin-switch pool which added it (i.e. Waffle added it only yesterday). But the case with coins adjusting difficulty every block is that they swing from being very profitable to very unprofitable. We mine them when they're profitable, but most of the time they are not profitable because lower difficulty blocks are mined faster than higher difficulty blocks. Not only because of difficulty, but because all coin-switching pools move away from a coin when it becomes unprofitable and network hashpower drops significantly. The result is that block with 300% profitability is mined within 30 seconds, but block with 50% profitability can wait even 30 minutes to be mined. And our hashpower during these 30 minutes goes somewhere else. The result is that there is only very small percentage of time when such coins are really profitable. And of course we use all this time to mine them, but when their profitability goes below other coins, we switch to other coins.

Yesterday NAUT was the most profitable coin during only 14.2% of the day and we put 14.2% of our yesterday's hashpower into it. The result was good and we earned 177% LTC profitability on NAUT. But we had bad luck with LTC mining yesterday and found less blocks than statistically expected, so our profitability from mining LTC was at 70% (this is normal and is because of variance). Breaking down our yesterday's results by LTC vs. all other coins, 47% of time/hashpower spent at mining LTC got us 70% LTC profitability, while 53% of time/hashpower mining other coins got us 119% LTC profitability. All this combined got us 96% profitability. If we had 100% profitability when mining LTC, then combined with other coins our yesterday's result would be at (0.47*100% + 0.53*119%) = 110%.

LTC has so high difficulty that mining it has high variance and you can't do anything about it. Straight LTC pools get anywhere between 50% and 150% LTC profitability in any given day as well. The difference is that even if we have 70% profitability when mining LTC (what any straight LTC pool can also have), our other half of hashing-time has 119% profitability, what results in 96% day instead of  70% day.

I suppose Terk is already configuring that as we speak.
Activity: 72
Pages:
Jump to: