Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MANA]Decentraland Tokenized VIrtual Reality with Open Standards - page 46. (Read 78597 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Last night on hitbtc mama was selling for 8x the purchase price.

Still haven't received my eth back... anyone else?

The withdrawal funds button doesn't do a thing.

If you are talking about the Chrome plugin I had the same problem but found this to work - see link below.
You have to create a MyEtherWallet first, but that's simple enough to do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/decentraland/comments/6udfv3/recovering_your_eth_if_you_used_the_chrome_plugin/
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Last night on hitbtc mama was selling for 8x the purchase price.

Still haven't received my eth back... anyone else?

The withdrawal funds button doesn't do a thing.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Just discovered this incredible project, but missed the ICO! When will these coins be available on exchange?
well...it seems that everybody mist it..so no harm done  Grin
Activity: 91
Just discovered this incredible project, but missed the ICO! When will these coins be available on exchange?
FFS.. Careful this site is SCAM: https://decentraland.pro/ it is not the real decentraland site and they will steal your ETH! Learned that the hard way. They must have hacked the news subscription of decentraland because they are sending out mails to the reciepients of those.

The devs at Decentraland said that there subscription database had been compromised and the hackers were sending out scam emails.
Just be careful when dealing with anything Decentraland/Mana as you'll never know if it's a scam or not.

Oh! just a wee note; if you used the Chrome plugin and did not get any Mana you can recover your ETH using the following tip - I tried it and it works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/decentraland/comments/6udfv3/recovering_your_eth_if_you_used_the_chrome_plugin/
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
I tried to buy in,  but shut out like many.
Got to question the wisdom in selling to whales for a project that will depend a lot on community participation.

puts pressure on them now,  they will have to deliver big time because they lost a ot of good will and opened the door to folks rather using a competent competitor.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
FFS.. Careful this site is SCAM: https://decentraland.pro/ it is not the real decentraland site and they will steal your ETH! Learned that the hard way. They must have hacked the news subscription of decentraland because they are sending out mails to the reciepients of those.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
Guys I got a update from the devs that no one seen yet.

arimeilich [3:04 AM]
@channel: We had to cancel the whitelist because the way it was being implemented posed some security risks for all of us. We hear you, and want to make things right for everyone who believed in the project from early on. Because of this, we're going to honor our whitelist and sell 2% of the MANA tokens to the people who got whitelisted. The price will be the Ether equivalent of $24/land, as originally planned. This will take place early next week. More details to come soon.

arimeilich [3:16 AM]
This 2% will come from what was going to be held by Decentraland as a long-term endowment - the 40% discount ($24/Land) is guaranteed to everyone. This will enable the over 1,000 people who registered in the whitelist to buy at least $1,000 worth of MANA. More than enough to build your own neighborhood :nerd_face:

I am personally happy with this solution also most pre contracts were from groups of people buying and not single whales. They are not creating more tokens they resell it to us for the discount that was promised. So right now I think they did a perfect solution. Every fan will get his land and friends can get some land too.

If you were not in the white list it sucks then you really have to buy on exchange.
i do not like the ideea of a bloody whitelist....especially if that end up on some hackers hand...fishy stuff..all those whitelist people can now be targeted as active investors with some money/coins to hack.very conveniant. i have a curiosity...what were the infos given on those whitelists? emails, adresses, real names? all the precious infos for a hacker?  good luck with this shit. i'm out!
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

@channel: We had to cancel the whitelist because the way it was being implemented posed some security risks for all of us. We hear you, and want to make things right for everyone who believed in the project from early on. Because of this, we're going to honor our whitelist and sell 2% of the MANA tokens to the people who got whitelisted. The price will be the Ether equivalent of $24/land, as originally planned. This will take place early next week. More details to come soon.

This 2% will come from what was going to be held by Decentraland as a long-term endowment - the 40% discount ($24/Land) is guaranteed to everyone. This will enable the over 1,000 people who registered in the whitelist to buy at least $1,000 worth of MANA. More than enough to build your own neighborhood :nerd_face:

I am personally happy with this solution also most pre contracts were from groups of people buying and not single whales. They are not creating more tokens they resell it to us for the discount that was promised. So right now I think they did a perfect solution. Every fan will get his land and friends can get some land too.

If you were not in the white list it sucks then you really have to buy on exchange.

Well, this gives back credibility to the team I would say. They should have posted it also in their bitcointalk thread though.
Activity: 404
Merit: 252

Activity: 70
So is this project completely DOA? Or was it just the sale that was handled poorly?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001
Buying them on exchange is my only chance to get this tokens now. I wish that this not one of those tokens which launch at x3 ICO price
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
ICO was done before it even started and when you go at their slack to talk about it, they treat you like you're some kind of baby whining. Their leader even responded indirectly calling you a pleb.
Activity: 758
Merit: 250
It was the fastest and most frustrating ICO in the history of cryptocurrencies! I was away from twitter and didn't know that they anticipated the start of sales in 1~2 hours! In addition, a 10k ETH address had already triggered the purchase 3 hours earlier! What I have left now is to buy in the exchanges, as there was a 40% percentage in the purchase, there is hope of some investor dumping the MANA.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
Blockchain dev, game dev, cryptocurrency investor.
the contract was filling up with huge amounts of ETH long before the sale started

Lots of people tried to buy in before the sale, but those tx were all unsuccessful. It started at block 4170700 as they said it would. The problem was that a bunch of tx got in there exactly at the starting point. Some of those appear to have been automated scripts, blocking out most people who tried to send from a wallet. Biggest culprit might have been an automated contract that pooled 4,000 ETH into one buy: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6u9ou4/never_miss_an_ico_again_decentraland_mana/?st=j6h2jy4x&sh=e5c14a18
Activity: 82
crypto
That's one very unprofessional approach towards the crypto community. ICOs should not be handled that way. Deeply disappointed and serious damage in my view to the Decentraland team's prestige.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
what the its all gone i missed it well peeved but wish all the best to those qwick of the mark hopefully i will be able to buy on an exchange or something during a dump.

It was all sold before the ICO even opened. The whales bought it all prior to the start of the ICO.
We were told not to send ETH to the contract address as we would not get any Mana in return - but the contract was filling up with huge amounts of ETH long before the sale started - funny that ?
Us small time invester never stood a chance, we were never going to get any Mana and it was probably the plan all along - send rumors about hacked accounts, phishing attacks, faked web sites and some dude who lost $100,000's in a scam but miraculously the Decentraland team paid him back out of there own pocket.
If it walks like a duck...

Yes, I start to smell something very fishy in this whole story. The devs has hit their jackpot but their community is likely going to dissolve. They'll have to build another community. For sure now they have the funds for that.
what the its all gone i missed it well peeved but wish all the best to those qwick of the mark hopefully i will be able to buy on an exchange or something during a dump.

It was all sold before the ICO even opened. The whales bought it all prior to the start of the ICO.
We were told not to send ETH to the contract address as we would not get any Mana in return - but the contract was filling up with huge amounts of ETH long before the sale started - funny that ?
Us small time invester never stood a chance, we were never going to get any Mana and it was probably the plan all along - send rumors about hacked accounts, phishing attacks, faked web sites and some dude who lost $100,000's in a scam but miraculously the Decentraland team paid him back out of there own pocket.
If it walks like a duck...
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
There was a whitelist but it was cancelled but they said that people who had been on that list would have been allowed to buy with the discount anytime.
In their own words:

"We are going to offer everyone who registered before the August 14th 00:00 GMT deadline a guaranteed 40% discount on the token sale, regardless of when you contribute. You still will have to contribute before the sale ends."

Well, WTF, the sale ended in a few seconds and it looks like a lot of tokens were actually sold before the ICO's starting time.
Now devs are rich, but I will not buy their token on an Exchange after that I was guaranteed I would be able to buy during ICO. Good luck with their project.
Activity: 84
Pages:
Jump to: