Author

Topic: [ANN][NYC] NEW YORK COIN at 2017 MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE IN NYC! - page 265. (Read 141006 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253
CURRENTLY 60B  NEW YORK COIN MINED

CURRENT BLOCK REWARD CREATES 10.5B NEW NYC EVERY YEAR

CURRENT LIFETIME COIN MAX 100B NYC

PROPOSED BLOCK REWARD 1,000 NYC CREATES 1B NEW NYC EVERY YEAR

PROPOSED LIFETIME COIN MAX 80B NYC

Activity: 429
Merit: 250
Your friendly neighborhood Crypter.
100 Billion was way too much coins when NYC first came out.  60 Billion is ok, but I would prefer a reasonable 10 Billion.
CORRECTION: NYC TOTAL CURRENT SUPPLY 60B!

Sorry for the confusion on this one. Old block explorer was not working right. New explorer has fully synced http://45.79.186.226 properly and developer has confirmed total NYC current supply is same as published at coinmarketcap  Grin
Glad to see everyone giving their feedbacks and suggestions.  And I wasn't trying to be rude about the logo, hope my comment didn't sound negative, just giving it a feedback lol.  Let's all take NYC to the top.  We're just getting started!   Wink
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
My new wallet 0.10.4 has been synced, no problem!

My opinion on the logo:

In this logo, leave like a normal photo, some investors may not like this as a currency logo! Not that this logo is negative, is not it. We like the original logo, until others are superior to it.

I also noticed that on the website, in currency statistics, you put this logo, change to the original, to avoid doubts.

You can use the logo you made, and other photos, like a normal photo. In one part of the site, investors will understand that they are normal disclosure images of New York City.

Do not accept this, a criticism, it's just an opinion, okay!

You are very useful to the community, we have to recognize this!

I like the progress we're making so far, but NYC just needs to have a better looking logo lol
UPDATE:
NYC developer is setting up official NewYorkCoin mining pool. Should be ready within the week.
FROM NYC DEVELOPER:

newyorkc.conf
rpcuser=nycuser
rpcpassword=somepass
rpcport=18823
addnode=107.155.190.222
addnode=188.138.84.235

For the new version however, the file needs to be named 'newyorkcoin.conf'
For solo-mining, must specify:
rpcbind=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Not sure why all the haters/trolls are showing interest now. Well, I guess I know...
Anybody read the press releases today about litecoin being superior in many ways to bitcoin??? CHECK IT OUT. It's going to be hard to beat 5x faster than litecoin  Grin

I am not sure if you refer to me. I am not a  NYC hater. I showed interest and support in NYC much time before you probably did and I still show interest. I just hate the stupid things you do, thinking you are promoting it.
Who is the serious investor that is going to invest in a coin with this logo which looks like a funfair?
Approach a business and show the logo. They will laugh big time.

Let me guess, you're not from New York City. Have you ever even been there???
Activity: 322
Hey team NYC was once on Bleutrade, Maybe when we pick up some more volume then we can get listed again and on more exchanges.  I don't recommend "Yobit" tho.   Wink

NEW YORK COIN (NYC) was listed on Bittrex in 2014. We will reapply to Bitttex and apply for Poloniex once everything up and running smoothly.
We could sure use the help at the moment!  Wink

NYC will trade in  Bitttex and  Poloniex , that is good new. come on .
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Not sure why all the haters/trolls are showing interest now. Well, I guess I know...
Anybody read the press releases today about litecoin being superior in many ways to bitcoin??? CHECK IT OUT. It's going to be hard to beat 5x faster than litecoin  Grin

I am not sure if you refer to me. I am not a  NYC hater. I showed interest and support in NYC much time before you probably did and I still show interest. I just hate the stupid things you do, thinking you are promoting it.
Who is the serious investor that is going to invest in a coin with this logo which looks like a funfair?

http://i.imgur.com/OGKcSJu.png

And I agree almost, NO ONE likes that stupid logo you chose, a grade-schooler could have done a better job with crayons, and I also see in the LOGO POLLS NO ONE VOTED FOR THAT ONE!!!!
VOTES MEAN NOTHING TO YOU APPARENTLY!!! I thought this was gonna be a valid, community driven coin, not a Dictatorship.
Activity: 666
Merit: 500
Anybody read the press releases today about litecoin being superior in many ways to bitcoin??? CHECK IT OUT. It's going to be hard to beat 5x faster than litecoin  Grin

I am not sure if you refer to me. I am not a  NYC hater. I showed interest and support in NYC much time before you probably did and I still show interest. I just hate the stupid things you do, thinking you are promoting it.

Check out the original NYC bitcointalk main page that shows in google for "newyorkcoin" and "new york coin"  Grin  Wink

MERCHANT STICKERS FOR UPCOMING NYC BLITZ

Hey team if anyone has coins in your old NYC wallet and you want to transfer them to the new wallet by transferring your old "wallet.dat file" to the new wallet, just follow these simple steps:

(((Make sure you set your computer to view hidden files)))

(((Before following these steps, I suggest making a copy of your wallet files just in case you make a mistake or not)))

(((Make sure your wallet file is named "wallet.dat", and not any other name)))

(((If you don't know how to find your wallet files, then just do this:
-->On your computer: first click the "Start Menu", then click "Computer", then double click "Hard Disk Drive", then double click "Users Folder", then double click your "User Name Folder", then double click "AppData Folder", then double click "Roaming Folder"...  And in the "Roaming Folder", this is where you will find your "Newyorkcoin Folder" and all your other Wallet Folders for other Crypto coins...  Now just follow the steps below<--)))

Step 1:  Make sure your new wallet is fully synced... (May still work if wallet is not fully synced tho)

Step 2:  Then transfer your old "wallet.dat file" to the "Newyorkcoin Folder"

Step 3:  In the "Newyorkcoin Folder", do not first delete the "wallet.dat file" that's already in there.  Just replace it with the old "wallet.dat file", just move your old "wallet.dat file" to the "Newyorkcoin Folder" while the other "wallet.dat file" is already in there.  Then your computer is going to ask you to "Move and replace the new wallet.dat file", then just click it to move and replace it.

Step 4:  Then restart your wallet

(((Step 3 is very important)))

Hope this helps!   Wink
So, here we go up to now.
A pool is acting like crazy. It works whenever it likes. Coins get missing from the pool.
New logos for voting are so stupid. It looks like a bunch of kids designed them.  Cheesy

The parade story is really insane. They should go to parade and ask people from the parade to join here and get 100,000 NYC instead of telling people here to go to the parade and get the 100,000 NYC
Solo mining is a funny story. (bfgminer.exe: --coinbase-addr: Invalid address )
And now the newest wallet is asking for upgrade. LOL

The new team is doing very well job to kill this coin. I believe if the coin was devless could stand a chance to survive.

NEW YORK COIN MINING POOL

Support NYC! Mine NYC!

https://hobbyistpool.ddns.net/nyc/index.php?page=statistics

This pool malfunctions all the time.
When it says it has problems and our hashrate is safe etc, after it's fixed 12 hours later, I received 0 NYC for all those 14 hours.
Plus it's working for 5 seconds every minute.

I hope someone else can setup a reliable pool for mining.

Pinging hobbyistpool.ddns.net  with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
whats the plan for listing coin on different exchanges?
We need all feedback posted here on new windows wallet, both positive and negative. Are all problems with new updated code and wallet resolved now? Can NYC FOUNDATION move onto next stage of development?
Android wallet will be created by same dev that updated code to litecoin 0.10.4 and new windows wallet. If unresolved problems PLEASE POST HERE NOW

(and of course if you have positive feedback, PLEASE POST THAT TOO)  Smiley

nycvault.net NEW YORK COIN TRUSTLESS ONLINE WALLET will be created by a different developer that created the nycoin.net website
Jump to: